PDA

View Full Version : The Only In Seattle Thread

LoungeMachine
12-04-2012, 05:03 AM
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Katt-Williams-tells-KOMO-hes-retiring-from-stand-up-comedy-181953371.html?tab=video&c=y

:lmao:

:gulp:

I've actually had a few friends/associates witness this little meltdown this weekend....

Satan
12-04-2012, 12:49 PM
Who's this guy's publicist?

"Hey Katt.... get an interview with the local TV station, and be sure you're wearing something advertising a local rock star or sports team... or better yet both!! That will get all the locals on your side!!"

jhale667
12-04-2012, 01:05 PM
Dude's usually pretty funny... he's retiring because of this? Isn't this the kind of thing celebs normally do when their career needs a boost?

Hardrock69
12-04-2012, 07:45 PM
I have no idea who he is. So this is a non-event to me. Whoop-de-do. :gulp:

sadaist
12-05-2012, 01:14 AM
I have no idea who he is. So this is a non-event to me. Whoop-de-do. :gulp:

I caught a clip of his stand up special on cable. Advertised as the ultimately uber famous everyone knows him super millionaire star among stars best comedian ever. I had never heard of him before or after that special. I only watched a few minutes of it. Chris Rock or Ron White is way better.

sadaist
12-05-2012, 01:16 AM
Who's this guy's publicist?

"Hey Katt.... get an interview with the local TV station, and be sure you're wearing something advertising a local rock star or sports team... or better yet both!! That will get all the locals on your side!!"

Lets get him a 'Guns Of Nevada' shirt for the next meltdown.

*I'd like one too please.

envy_me
12-05-2012, 01:24 AM
After this kind of publicity, he shouldn't quit. It's now that it begins :-)

Nitro Express
12-05-2012, 03:22 AM
Yup. Sarah Palin made $14 million off her bad publicity.

envy_me
12-06-2012, 03:28 AM
What's up with people when they come to Seattle? Ted Bundy operated there for a long time. Then we have Frasier.... :-)

Seshmeister
12-06-2012, 05:01 AM
Never heard of him. Checked it on YouTube, I don't get it. I guess it doesn't travel.

Nitro Express
12-06-2012, 05:19 AM
What's up with people when they come to Seattle? Ted Bundy operated there for a long time. Then we have Frasier.... :-)

Seattle is like a beautiful woman who is sick all the time. Beautiful mountains, water and forrest but it rains and is overcast a lot. My sister in law grew up there and always suffered from depression until she moved away to Arizona. Some people can't handle the weather there. For me it's the traffic. Seattle has some of the worst traffic in the US. I've had my fill of morning commutes and frankly don't miss that part of my life at all.

ashstralia
12-06-2012, 05:58 AM
Seattle is like a beautiful woman who is sick all the time. Beautiful mountains, water and forrest but it rains and is overcast a lot. My sister in law...

maybe your sis in law was the sick woman. just sayin bro.

Nitro Express
12-06-2012, 06:05 AM
She needed sunshine and no not the kind that comes in a can.

Angel
12-06-2012, 08:22 AM
Seattle is like a beautiful woman who is sick all the time. Beautiful mountains, water and forrest but it rains and is overcast a lot. My sister in law grew up there and always suffered from depression until she moved away to Arizona. Some people can't handle the weather there.

I used to live in Victoria and suffered terribly from major depression due to the lack of sunshine. I'll take 40 below with blue skies over that dreary grey any day!

Seshmeister
12-06-2012, 08:59 AM
I used to live in Victoria and suffered terribly from major depression due to the lack of sunshine. I'll take 40 below with blue skies over that dreary grey any day!

From Wiki

"With 2,193 hours of sun annually, Victoria is one of the sunniest places in British Columbia and gets more sunshine than most other cities in Canada, except those in the southern Prairies. Often there is a break in the clouds over the Victoria area. Pilots use this "hole in the clouds" as a navigation aid, referring to it as the "blue hole".

Seattle gets around the same amount - 2100 hours.

We get about 1400 hours annually, you would top yourself... :)

Matt White
12-06-2012, 09:02 AM
Yuma, Ariz., is the sunniest city in the United States, with the sun shining an average of 90 percent of the time, according to the National Climatic Data Center. This desert city also has the distinction of being the least humid and having fewer days of precipitation than any other U.S. city.

I know where I wanna retire.......................

envy_me
12-06-2012, 09:12 AM
We get 1821 hours of sun according to some site.

Seshmeister
12-06-2012, 09:13 AM
So no one is allowed to moan apart from me...

envy_me
12-06-2012, 09:16 AM
So no one is allowed to moan apart from me...

Hahaha, but the highest temperature we had EVER had was 36 celsius. It was measured in year 1811 :-)

Angel
12-06-2012, 09:17 AM
From Wiki

Yup, I'd be jumping off a cliff for sure... Just checked Regina and we get over 2300 hours. It's the only good thing about this shithole.

Angel
12-06-2012, 09:17 AM
Yuma, Ariz., is the sunniest city in the United States, with the sun shining an average of 90 percent of the time, according to the National Climatic Data Center. This desert city also has the distinction of being the least humid and having fewer days of precipitation than any other U.S. city.

I know where I wanna retire.......................

Too hot...

PETE'S BROTHER
12-06-2012, 09:20 AM
Too hot...

ya get kinda used to it

vandeleur
12-06-2012, 09:22 AM
There is snow outside I have a quilt wrapped around me and the mother of all hangovers ... What the fuck is sunshine :D

Angel
12-06-2012, 09:27 AM
I haven't been able to handle heat for years. We get brutally hot here in the summer (some years). I have been known to go hang out in the freezer section of the grocery store when I didn't have AC

envy_me
12-06-2012, 09:45 AM
There is snow outside I have a quilt wrapped around me and the mother of all hangovers ... What the fuck is sunshine :D

Is there snow outside??? Naaaw, poor you guys. *hugs*

haha, damn, we have had this huge snowstorm, whole city just stopped, nobody can't get anywhere, the public transport company went out yesterday and said that they can't guarantee that people will be able to get home. The headlines in the paper were "SJ gives up " (SJ takes care of the railways and trains). Took me 3 hours to get home yesterday only cause dad eventually picked me up. We saw couple of cars in the ditch on the 30 minutes ride... Do you wanna hear more?

vandeleur
12-06-2012, 09:51 AM
No , we're crap with snow .
It takes two snow flakes to officially paralyse the uk infrastructure.
Compounded by people who wanna drive at 3 miles an hour or totally disregard safety and do 70 everywhere .
But I do have a worse hangover than you so that's us about even :)

Angel
12-06-2012, 11:03 AM
Is there snow outside??? Naaaw, poor you guys. *hugs*

haha, damn, we have had this huge snowstorm, whole city just stopped, nobody can't get anywhere, the public transport company went out yesterday and said that they can't guarantee that people will be able to get home. The headlines in the paper were "SJ gives up " (SJ takes care of the railways and trains). Took me 3 hours to get home yesterday only cause dad eventually picked me up. We saw couple of cars in the ditch on the 30 minutes ride... Do you wanna hear more?

We broke a record for November snow fall, and we already have more than we got all last year. We have 60 cm already. Looks like you had the storm we had a couple weeks ago!

Worst I ever experienced was Victoria in 96. The entire city was shut down for over a week....they have no snow clearing equipment. It was brutal!

vandeleur
12-06-2012, 11:13 AM
60 cm that's serious snow , we never have it like that.
We had a bad winter two years ago and although the snow wasnt two bad it was sustained and the whole country ground to a halt.

Angel
12-06-2012, 11:27 AM
60 cm that's serious snow , we never have it like that.
We had a bad winter two years ago and although the snow wasnt two bad it was sustained and the whole country ground to a halt.

We got that in 2 days. I predict major flooding in the spring...

PETE'S BROTHER
12-06-2012, 12:00 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/prosecutors-warn-pot-smoking-public-still-outlawed-washington-040754809.html

envy_me
12-06-2012, 03:11 PM
No , we're crap with snow .
It takes two snow flakes to officially paralyse the uk infrastructure.
Compounded by people who wanna drive at 3 miles an hour or totally disregard safety and do 70 everywhere .
But I do have a worse hangover than you so that's us about even :)

Ok, we're even, but ONLY cause I like you :-) After all your misery is from partying, my is from trying to get to and from work :-)

DONNIEP
12-06-2012, 03:18 PM

A bit of the dog might just do the trick :) :gulp:

vandeleur
12-06-2012, 03:27 PM

Three days of it what's had me feeling about a 120 years old all day ..it's evil stuff and am never touching it again until the next time :D

DONNIEP
12-06-2012, 03:36 PM
Three days of it what's had me feeling about a 120 years old all day ..it's evil stuff and am never touching it again until the next time :D

Broonies and Jack will do it every time! Better save up for Vegas :) :gulp:

envy_me
12-07-2012, 03:12 AM

What's that?

Seshmeister
12-07-2012, 05:05 AM
It was dark, freezing cold and raining here yesterday at 3:30pm.

No wonder we drink...

envy_me
12-07-2012, 05:12 AM
Hahaha, funny how Seattle seems to have the best climate and weather all of the sudden :-) It's much worse everywhere else :D

Nitro Express
12-07-2012, 05:34 AM

Yeah it's the dreary grey that she had troubles with. As soon as she got in the Arizona sunshine she was fine. Some people are that way. I mean she became a new person. My niece suffered from depression and her husband got a job in Arizona and she loves it there as well. It's also a good place to live if you suffer from allergies. It's the type of place you either love it or hate it. West of the Cascades is the same deal. People either love it or hate it.

PETE'S BROTHER
12-07-2012, 09:58 AM
Yeah it's the dreary grey that she had troubles with. As soon as she got in the Arizona sunshine she was fine. Some people are that way. I mean she became a new person. My niece suffered from depression and her husband got a job in Arizona and she loves it there as well. It's also a good place to live if you suffer from allergies. It's the type of place you either love it or hate it. West of the Cascades is the same deal. People either love it or hate it.

many folks just find new things to be allergic to once they get here :baaa:

Angel
12-07-2012, 10:40 AM

I remember when I moved to Edmonton....walked out one cold February morning to a beautiful clear blue sky. The windchill was -40 but I didn't give a damn....blue skies can make all the difference!

envy_me
12-08-2012, 06:06 AM
If I ever move out of Sweden, there is ONLY one place that I'm heading for and that is Split.

Split in Croatia is best city in the world. It is very beautiful, but that's not only because of that that I like it.

It has a great variety in the centrum. You have the sea promenade, then the piazza, then the main street, then you have Diocletian's Palace, which is a pretty large part of town. It is a town from roman days, that is obvious everywhere you go. Thene there is a hill called Marjan, pretty close to downtown Split and surrounded by ocean on other sides. There are many nice beaches there. The whole city is very diverse.
But the best part is that there is a certain atmosphere that is fantastic. I can't explain it. It's really special. My favorite city in the world.
I've spent a lot of time there these last few years, and I just want to move there some day.

Seshmeister
12-08-2012, 08:56 AM
I tend to avoid people who commit genocides.

envy_me
12-08-2012, 09:07 AM
I tend to avoid people who commit genocides.

Which people do you mean?

Angel
12-08-2012, 09:12 AM
Serbs. http://www.historyplace.com/worldhistory/genocide/bosnia.htm

envy_me
12-08-2012, 09:28 AM
Serbs.

In Croatia, you dumb fuck???

I gotta say this, have you ever been checked for Borderline Personality Disorder? You reek of it.

From wikipedia:

"Individuals with BPD can be very sensitive to the way others treat them, reacting strongly to perceived criticism or hurtfulness. Their feelings about others often shift from positive to negative, generally after a disappointment or perceived threat of abandonment or of losing someone. Self-image can also change rapidly from extremely positive to extremely negative. Impulsive behaviors are common, including alcohol or drug abuse, eating disorders, promiscuous and intense sexuality, gambling and recklessness in general. Attachment studies have revealed a strong association between BPD and insecure attachment style, the most characteristic types being "unresolved", "preoccupied", and "fearful".

Evidence suggests that individuals with BPD, while being high in intimacy- or novelty-seeking, can be hyper-alert[11] to signs of rejection or devaluation and tend toward insecure, avoidant or ambivalent, or fearfully preoccupied patterns in relationships. They tend to view the world as generally dangerous and malevolent. BPD is linked to increased levels of chronic stress and conflict in romantic relationships, decreased satisfaction of romantic partners, abuse and unwanted pregnancy; these links may be general to personality disorder and subsyndromal problems.

Manipulation and deceit are viewed as common features of BPD by many of those who treat the disorder, as well as by the DSM-IV.[14][15] Some mental health professionals, however, caution that an overemphasis on these traits and an overly broad definition of "manipulation" can lead to prejudicial treatment of BPD sufferers, particularly within the health care system.

Suicidal or self-harming behavior is one of the core diagnostic criteria in DSM IV-TR, and management of and recovery from this can be complex and challenging. The suicide rate is approximately 8 to 10 percent. Self-injury attempts are highly common among patients and may or may not be carried out with suicidal intent. Ongoing family interactions and associated vulnerabilities can lead to self-destructive behavior. Stressful life events related to sexual abuse can be a particular trigger for suicide attempts by adolescents with BPD tendencies-"

Angel
12-08-2012, 10:06 AM
including alcohol or drug abuse, eating disorders, promiscuous and intense sexuality, gambling and recklessness in general..... I don't drink. Was with the same person for 24 years and am now celibate, no eating disorders, have never gambled, and lead a very safe non-recklesss life..... guess your diagnosis is a little off there, isn't it sweet cheeks. Actually, a lot of that sounds like you...

As for genocide in Croatia... The Serbs blame the Croats and vice versa, as you are well aware.

Here Serb irregular militiamen kick the corpse of a Croatian civilian, Vukovar,
Croatia, 1991. Photo: Ron Haviv.

envy_me
12-08-2012, 10:09 AM
including alcohol or drug abuse, eating disorders, promiscuous and intense sexuality, gambling and recklessness in general..... I don't drink. Was with the same person for 24 years and am now celibate, no eating disorders, have never gambled, and lead a very safe non-recklesss life..... guess your diagnosis is a little off there, isn't it sweet cheeks. .

Denial...
There is a lot more, but i didn't wanna hurt your feelings. I am really just trying to help you. Check it up ;-)

Angel
12-08-2012, 10:39 AM
I've studied psychology, you dumb fucking cunt. Sorry, I stayed away from name calling as long as possible, but after being called numerous names in 24 hours, the gloves come off. If you think you can diagnose somebody based on internet postings, you're even dumber than I fucking thought. Seeing how you are so concerned about my psychological state, if you must know, the only diagnosis I've ever had was depression and PTSD. Not sure why you're so concerned with my mental health, but oh well....

Now go find some old married man to have rough sex with....Freud would have so much fun with that one! To assist me with my diagnosis of YOU... please tell me, do you want to kill your mother as well as fuck your father? Now do me a favour, fuck-off you pre-pubescent hormonal little slut.

envy_me
12-08-2012, 10:44 AM
I didn't say I wanted to hear about your problems... But good luck!

Anyway... There are many nice cities in the world. I wouldn't mind living in Rome.

FORD
12-08-2012, 02:41 PM
From Wiki

One would logically assume that the weather in Victoria and Seattle were similar enough, given the relatively short distance between the two.

But this doesn't account for a meteorological phenomenon known as the "Olympic Rain Shadow".

http://www.olympicrainshadow.com/images/satellite.jpg

Sequim and Port Townsend benefit even more from this than Victoria does, but there's not really a lot to do in Sequim, and I don't get up to Port Townsend so much anymore, now that I don't have to go there to buy decent concert tickets.

More info on the Olympic Rain Shadow here. (http://www.olympicrainshadow.com/)

Dr. Love
12-08-2012, 08:57 PM
I haven't been able to handle heat for years. We get brutally hot here in the summer (some years). I have been known to go hang out in the freezer section of the grocery store when I didn't have AC

:umm:

We get brutally hot here in the summer (some years). I have been known to go hang out in the freezer section of the grocery store when I didn't have AC

We get brutally hot here in the summer (some years).

We get brutally hot here

brutally hot

Those 80 degree days must be brutal

Nitro Express
12-08-2012, 08:59 PM
Dr. Love. Where can I buy this cure of yours?

Nitro Express
12-08-2012, 09:03 PM
One would logically assume that the weather in Victoria and Seattle were similar enough, given the relatively short distance between the two.

But this doesn't account for a meteorological phenomenon known as the "Olympic Rain Shadow".

http://www.olympicrainshadow.com/images/satellite.jpg

Sequim and Port Townsend benefit even more from this than Victoria does, but there's not really a lot to do in Sequim, and I don't get up to Port Townsend so much anymore, now that I don't have to go there to buy decent concert tickets.

More info on the Olympic Rain Shadow here. (http://www.olympicrainshadow.com/)

San Francisco can have three different kinds of weather just in the city. It might be fogged in and nasty in one part, sunny in another, and raining cats and dogs in another part.

Nitro Express
12-08-2012, 09:08 PM
I didn't say I wanted to hear about your problems... But good luck!

Anyway... There are many nice cities in the world. I wouldn't mind living in Rome.

Rome is nice. I've been there several times. It's actually got kind of a small town vibe to it. Great food. The city water supply is actually excellent. A great town to have dinner and then walk around at night. Then of course you have the laid back Italian thing going on and they believe in enjoying life. I don't know over time if it would get old. Hawaii is that way. Most people love it on vacation but go island happy after a while when they move there. Sometimes the laid back thing starts to get old and you want to get back to a situation where people want to rule the world more. LOL!

I mean lets face it, places like Italy and Greece are pretty much tourist destinations. They are fiscal disasters and really aren't going to be industrial leaders of any kind. They should just get out of the Euro and go back to a cheaper currency and rally their tourism businesses. It would make buying a German car more expensive but it would make an Italian vacation cheaper and their wonderful leather goods and fashions cheaper. You just can't make a union work with so many differing countries.

Nitro Express
12-08-2012, 09:10 PM
I've studied psychology, you dumb fucking cunt. Sorry, I stayed away from name calling as long as possible, but after being called numerous names in 24 hours, the gloves come off. If you think you can diagnose somebody based on internet postings, you're even dumber than I fucking thought. Seeing how you are so concerned about my psychological state, if you must know, the only diagnosis I've ever had was depression and PTSD. Not sure why you're so concerned with my mental health, but oh well....

Now go find some old married man to have rough sex with....Freud would have so much fun with that one! To assist me with my diagnosis of YOU... please tell me, do you want to kill your mother as well as fuck your father? Now do me a favour, fuck-off you pre-pubescent hormonal little slut.

Is Kristy posting as Angel now?

Angel
12-08-2012, 09:22 PM

Those 80 degree days must be brutal

You missed the part where I said SOME years. We often have temps in the high 90's. The last brutally hot year here was 07. The temperature was 42c. My apartment was on the top floor and no AC. Yes, it was brutal....especially for someone with a pacemaker who is acclimated to Canadian winters. I'll take 40 below over 90+ anyday.

I would guess that you would find our winters brutally cold...

Angel
12-08-2012, 09:24 PM

Give me a break, eh! Every now and then the old Canuck Cunt has to come out, you know.

Dr. Love
12-08-2012, 09:27 PM
Every summer here has temperatures over 110F ... this past summer it was as high as 118 on some days. I definitely would consider 40 below to be brutally cold... but I wouldn't call 20 - 30 degrees cold, even though its very rare here.

I'd rather suffer the cold than the heat ... I can always bundle up, but there's only so many clothes you can take off.

Nitro Express
12-08-2012, 09:34 PM
You missed the part where I said SOME years. We often have temps in the high 90's. The last brutally hot year here was 07. The temperature was 42c. My apartment was on the top floor and no AC. Yes, it was brutal....especially for someone with a pacemaker who is acclimated to Canadian winters. I'll take 40 below over 90+ anyday.

I would guess that you would find our winters brutally cold...

Cold is fine if where you live is built for it. Our house is well insulated and one night I had the wood stove going and it was getting too hot inside and so I go out on the back deck and the thermometer is ready minus 30 F. It was thirty below outside and I was too hot inside. We live in a log home and it's amazing how warm they stay in the winter.

Angel
12-08-2012, 09:50 PM
Every summer here has temperatures over 110F ... this past summer it was as high as 118 on some days. I definitely would consider 40 below to be brutally cold... but I wouldn't call 20 - 30 degrees cold, even though its very rare here.

I'd rather suffer the cold than the heat ... I can always bundle up, but there's only so many clothes you can take off.

I would die in temps like that I'm certain. I agree with you about cold though. You can always bundle up more. I love sleeping in the cold though. I don't consider it cold till it hits -25c. I think that's around 10-15 below farenheit.

Nitro Express
12-08-2012, 10:22 PM
I would die in temps like that I'm certain. I agree with you about cold though. You can always bundle up more. I love sleeping in the cold though. I don't consider it cold till it hits -25c. I think that's around 10-15 below farenheit.

Once it hits 0 degrees F anything colder really doesn't feel all that colder.

envy_me
12-09-2012, 12:21 AM

None of them has any substance. Or has any clue about what they're talking about. But Kristy gives less hysterical impression.

Angel
12-09-2012, 12:23 AM
Once it hits 0 degrees F anything colder really doesn't feel all that colder.

I feel a big difference between 0 and 40 below. Add in windchill and it's damn brutal! Trust me, me when it's 70 below your eyeballs freeze. Thank God we've had mild winters the last 5 years.

DONNIEP
12-09-2012, 12:32 AM
All you ladies need to move to the south. 70 degrees today and nuthin but sunshine!!

envy_me
12-09-2012, 12:48 AM
Rome is nice. I've been there several times. It's actually got kind of a small town vibe to it. Great food. The city water supply is actually excellent. A great town to have dinner and then walk around at night. Then of course you have the laid back Italian thing going on and they believe in enjoying life. I don't know over time if it would get old. Hawaii is that way. Most people love it on vacation but go island happy after a while when they move there. Sometimes the laid back thing starts to get old and you want to get back to a situation where people want to rule the world more. LOL!

I mean lets face it, places like Italy and Greece are pretty much tourist destinations. They are fiscal disasters and really aren't going to be industrial leaders of any kind. They should just get out of the Euro and go back to a cheaper currency and rally their tourism businesses. It would make buying a German car more expensive but it would make an Italian vacation cheaper and their wonderful leather goods and fashions cheaper. You just can't make a union work with so many differing countries.

Greece has gotten so much money from EU over the years, but people who it was supposed go to never saw it. No wonder they are in trouble, very corrupt system.

Italys leadership I don't even have to talk about. Maffia runs Italy. I heard on the news that Berlusconi wants to run again. Poor people. But they vote for him, that's the worst part.

Nitro Express
12-09-2012, 01:28 AM
Greece has gotten so much money from EU over the years, but people who it was supposed go to never saw it. No wonder they are in trouble, very corrupt system.

Italys leadership I don't even have to talk about. Maffia runs Italy. I heard on the news that Berlusconi wants to run again. Poor people. But they vote for him, that's the worst part.

The EU is like going into business with your poor cousins that can't manage money.

Nitro Express
12-09-2012, 01:41 AM
I feel a big difference between 0 and 40 below. Add in windchill and it's damn brutal! Trust me, me when it's 70 below your eyeballs freeze. Thank God we've had mild winters the last 5 years.

Wind makes a big difference. We really aren't that windy here. Jackson Hole is surrounded by mountain ranges and they break the wind up.

FORD
12-09-2012, 02:39 AM

That's because he owns the entire media.

Think any of the newspapers or TV networks owned by old Silvio the ex lounge singer are going to say anything good about any of the other candidates?

envy_me
12-09-2012, 04:22 AM
That's because he owns the entire media.

Think any of the newspapers or TV networks owned by old Silvio the ex lounge singer are going to say anything good about any of the other candidates?

People are aware of Berlusconis doings. But they vote for him cause they look up to him. He is macho and that appeals to them. I can understand that mentalty, being from that area myself.

Even though he owns RAI, there are some other independent channals. I know my Italian friend advised me on them, only so I wouldn't watch RAI cause of Berlusconi.
There are also alternative parties, that are going well, which indicates that they are known to the average Italian. Five Star Movement is one of those. Check it out :-)

Nitro Express
12-09-2012, 05:15 AM
Don't bend over when Berlusconi is around.

Nitro Express
12-09-2012, 05:33 AM
Propaganda Due (Italian pronunciation: [propaˈɡanda ˈduːe]), or P2, was a Masonic lodge operating under the jurisdiction of the Grand Orient of Italy from 1945 to 1976 (when its charter was withdrawn), and a pseudo-Masonic, "black", or "covert" lodge operating illegally (in contravention of Article 18 of the Constitution of Italy banning secret associations) from 1976 to 1981. During the years that the lodge was headed by Licio Gelli, P2 was implicated in numerous Italian crimes and mysteries, including the collapse of the Vatican-affiliated Banco Ambrosiano, the murders of journalist Mino Pecorelli and banker Roberto Calvi, and corruption cases within the nationwide bribe scandal Tangentopoli. P2 came to light through the investigations into the collapse of Michele Sindona's financial empire.[1]
P2 was sometimes referred to as a "state within a state"[2] or a "shadow government".[3] The lodge had among its members prominent journalists, members of parliament, industrialists, and military leaders—including Silvio Berlusconi, who later became Prime Minister of Italy; the Savoy pretender to the Italian throne Victor Emmanuel; and the heads of all three Italian intelligence services (at the time SISDE, SISMI and CESIS).
When searching Licio Gelli's villa, the police found a document called the "Plan for Democratic Rebirth", which called for a consolidation of the media, suppression of trade unions, and the rewriting of the Italian Constitution.[4]
Outside Italy, P2 was also active in Uruguay, Brazil and in Argentina, with Raúl Alberto Lastiri, Argentina's interim president (between July 13, 1973 to October 12, 1973) during the height of the "Dirty War" among its members. Emilio Massera, who was part of the military junta led by Jorge Rafael Videla from 1976 to 1978, José López Rega, minister of Social Welfare in Perón's government and founder of the Argentine Anticommunist Alliance ("Triple A"), and General Guillermo Suárez Mason were also members.[5]

The P2 Lodge good o'l boys club.

Angel
12-09-2012, 10:29 AM
All you ladies need to move to the south. 70 degrees today and nuthin but sunshine!!

No thanks! I love the cold. It was -6 F last night. I slept with my bedroom window wide open. Same temperature now but the sky is blue and the sun is shining! It's beautiful!!!
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/09/usy2e6as.jpg

Angel
12-09-2012, 03:42 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/10/y2y9uju4.jpg see, told ya it was sunny :D

envy_me
12-09-2012, 07:01 PM

Hahaha, god no!!

sadaist
12-09-2012, 07:06 PM
No thanks! I love the cold. It was -6 F last night. I slept with my bedroom window wide open. Same temperature now but the sky is blue and the sun is shining! It's beautiful!!!

Holy smokes Angel. That is awesome! Cold is so much better than heat. With heat you can only get so naked. But the cold there is no end to the layers you can bundle up in. i'd rather be wrapped in blankets & sweats looking like Nanook of The North than sweating my balls off.

I've had over 41 years of the heat and this last summer was especially bad with no escape. I am so ready to say goodbye to it.

sadaist
12-09-2012, 07:08 PM

Saddam - Weapon of mass destruction

Berlusconi - Weapon of ass destruction

PETE'S BROTHER
12-09-2012, 10:20 PM
Holy smokes Angel. That is awesome! Cold is so much better than heat. With heat you can only get so naked. But the cold there is no end to the layers you can bundle up in. i'd rather be wrapped in blankets & sweats looking like Nanook of The North than sweating my balls off.

I've had over 41 years of the heat and this last summer was especially bad with no escape. I am so ready to say goodbye to it.

cue tom...

Nitro Express
12-09-2012, 10:27 PM

Looks like you have some cute historic homes in your neighborhood. Neighborhoods like that always look cute during Christmas time.

Seshmeister
12-09-2012, 10:44 PM
Which people do you mean?

I think Croatia needs to come to terms with it's past.

sadaist
12-09-2012, 11:09 PM
Looks like you have some cute historic homes in your neighborhood. Neighborhoods like that always look cute during Christmas time.

Reminds of the neighborhood in A Christmas Story a little. We used to have a condo up at Mammoth Mountain & would spend several weeks every Christmas or January up there. Snowed in (when you have enough supplies) is awesome.

Nitro Express
12-09-2012, 11:26 PM
I was in Minneapolis interviewing for a job and was just driving around town to see if it was the type of place I wanted to live in. I remember driving through a neighborhood with cute older homes and these great lake front parks. With the snow it looked like the cliche Christmas village scene but man did the cold bite right through you there. I always heard Minneapolis had brutal winters but thought I grew up in the snow so no big deal. It's the wind, humidity, and that arctic cold blowing down. Then in the summer you have big ass misquotes.

Nitro Express
12-09-2012, 11:31 PM
Reminds of the neighborhood in A Christmas Story a little. We used to have a condo up at Mammoth Mountain & would spend several weeks every Christmas or January up there. Snowed in (when you have enough supplies) is awesome.

I went up to Snowbird Utah with some friends and stayed at their parents condo. We made bombs out of black power and actually used them to blast out a huge snow cave. LOL! You would dig until you hit a hard icy spot in the snow, put in a bomb, light it, boom! and that would loosen it up so you could dig more. We would go up on top and jump up and down to make sure it wasn't going to cave in on us. I have no idea how deep those snow drifts were but they seemed like 10 plus feet of snow.

We just took tubes of cardboard, filled them full of black powder, stuck in an Estes rocket motor wick, and wrapped the whole thing in duct tape. We stopped messing with them when we stuck one in the crack of a sidewalk and it blew a big chunk out. They made digging out a big snow cave easier though. Crazy kids we were.

Angel
12-09-2012, 11:50 PM

The picture is deceiving. I live in the hood. 6 years ago a national magazine called it Canada's worst neighbourhood.

If I took a picture from the same angle at night you'd be commenting on the nasty crack ho's on the corner. Another reason I like the cold, keeps the "traffic" down. I do live on one of the better blocks though.

envy_me
12-10-2012, 02:01 AM
Saddam - Weapon of mass destruction

Berlusconi - Weapon of ass destruction

Hahaha, why couldn't he have been sexy? He is such a turn off, and then when he does all these sexual things, it just becomes sleazy.

I like sexy men.

sadaist
12-10-2012, 02:25 AM
The picture is deceiving. I live in the hood. 6 years ago a national magazine called it Canada's worst neighbourhood.

If I took a picture from the same angle at night you'd be commenting on the nasty crack ho's on the corner. Another reason I like the cold, keeps the "traffic" down. I do live on one of the better blocks though.

too funny

What's that old saying cops have? Turn on a police scanner in any area & suddenly you realize how shitty it truly is.

Nitro Express
12-10-2012, 03:41 AM

The picture makes it look like Mayberry and later that night the neighbors are going to get together and go Christmas caroling or something. LOL!

Nitro Express
12-10-2012, 03:45 AM
Hahaha, why couldn't he have been sexy? He is such a turn off, and then when he does all these sexual things, it just becomes sleazy.

I like sexy men.

It's all about him. He's just a buffoon that has no manners. No respect and no sense of behaving like a civilized individual. The guy is a pig.

vandeleur
12-10-2012, 05:06 AM
Funny clip tho :biggrin:

Angel
12-10-2012, 08:50 AM

too funny

What's that old saying cops have? Turn on a police scanner in any area & suddenly you realize how shitty it truly is.

The cops are in the back alleys getting bj's from said crack-ho's, lol

Seshmeister
12-10-2012, 09:17 AM
Hahaha, but the highest temperature we had EVER had was 36 celsius. It was measured in year 1811 :-)

Which is around the last time Sweden was involved a war, stop complaining. :)

Zing!
12-10-2012, 05:50 PM
I was in Minneapolis interviewing for a job and was just driving around town to see if it was the type of place I wanted to live in. I remember driving through a neighborhood with cute older homes and these great lake front parks. With the snow it looked like the cliche Christmas village scene but man did the cold bite right through you there. I always heard Minneapolis had brutal winters but thought I grew up in the snow so no big deal. It's the wind, humidity, and that arctic cold blowing down. Then in the summer you have big ass misquotes.

MN misquotes are a myth. Lived here for a decade and a half and can count the times I've been bitten on one hand. They're no worse than anywhere else. Winters can be cold here, but manageable. We didn't even have a winter last year. Just went straight from Fall back into Spring. It was kind of nice. The old-timers said the'd never seen anything like it.

PETE'S BROTHER
12-10-2012, 10:12 PM
MN misquotes are a myth. Lived here for a decade and a half and can count the times I've been bitten on one hand. They're no worse than anywhere else. Winters can be cold here, but manageable. We didn't even have a winter last year. Just went straight from Fall back into Spring. It was kind of nice. The old-timers said the'd never seen anything like it.

bold face horse shit lie ;)

Hardrock69
12-10-2012, 11:24 PM
I think Angel lives where it is brutally hot.

Some years she has to hang out in the freezer section of the grocery store when she didn't have AC.

Years some hot brutally.

Angel freezer section.

Didn't have brutally hot AC

Angel
12-11-2012, 09:54 AM
I think Angel lives where it is brutally hot.

Some years she has to hang out in the freezer section of the grocery store when she didn't have AC.

Years some hot brutally.

Angel freezer section.

Didn't have brutally hot AC

No, we have extreme temperatures. It's either extremely cold or extremely hot. The summer I referred to when I had no AC was one of the hottest and most humid on record. When you have a heart condition, heat and humidity ARE brutal. I haven't been able to handle anything over 75 F since I got my pacemaker.

Hardrock69
12-11-2012, 02:00 PM
Brutal hot AC

humid hot

hot heat

brutal

freezer

AC

Hardrock69
12-11-2012, 02:00 PM
Freezer?

envy_me