PDA

View Full Version : Nurse from prank call found dead

Angel
12-07-2012, 10:46 AM
http://www.torontosun.com/2012/12/07/nurse-duped-in-kate-middleton-prank-call-found-dead-in-suspected-suicide
Suicide...yeah, right...

Nickdfresh
12-07-2012, 11:02 AM
Just heard about this. You think she was killed, Angel?

PETE'S BROTHER
12-07-2012, 11:03 AM
could the dj's get a wrongful death somethin'?

Kristy
12-07-2012, 11:13 AM
You don't ever fuck with the Illuminati. They have ways of making you disappear.

Nickdfresh
12-07-2012, 11:30 AM
could the dj's get a wrongful death somethin'?

I don't know much about Aussie law, but I'd bet there will be a suit and civil penalties from the family...

sadaist
12-07-2012, 12:00 PM
DAFUQ?

Oh man I hope this lady didn't kill herself over the phone call. Make a silly prank into a horrible tragedy.

vandeleur
12-07-2012, 12:06 PM
DAFUQ?

Oh man I hope this lady didn't kill herself over the phone call. Make a silly prank into a horrible tragedy.

first thing I thought when i saw the news .

jhale667
12-07-2012, 12:24 PM
DAFUQ?

Yeah, that would suck. Not like it was even that big a deal...surely not worth killing oneself over.

Angel
12-07-2012, 12:54 PM
DAFUQ?

It seems awfully suspicious to me. In an "off with her head" kind of way.

Satan
12-07-2012, 01:09 PM
Apparently all this nurse did was answer the phone call from DJ's pretending to be Queen Liz and her husband Phil, but she transferred the call to someone else, so she's not the one who was on the air with them.

Seems like a silly reason to murder somebody, but we are talking about the descendants of Henry VIII here, who thought that beheading and divorce were the same thing. http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d025.gif

Nitro Express
12-07-2012, 01:10 PM

If the House of Windsor is offing nurses who fell for a gag, I would hate to be the bloaks who took the nude photos of the princess. They still might have a torture chamber in the Tower of London in operational condition. LOL!

BigBadBrian
12-07-2012, 01:44 PM

:doh:

Little Texan
12-07-2012, 02:48 PM
Princess Diana was killed under suspicious circumstances, too. Not to get all conspiracy theory crazy here, but it seems that whenever someone does something that embarrasses the royal family, that person winds up dying a mysterious death. The royal family is like the mafia in a way...cross them at your peril.

vandeleur
12-07-2012, 02:56 PM
Princess Diana was killed because her driver was speeding and off his tits .

Nitro Express
12-07-2012, 03:00 PM
Princess Diana was killed under suspicious circumstances, too. Not to get all conspiracy theory crazy here, but it seems that whenever someone does something that embarrasses the royal family, that person winds up dying a mysterious death. The royal family is like the mafia in a way...cross them at your peril.

I used to work in the leasing department for a big corporation. My job was to renew leases and manage the issues regarding them. Quite a few of the Canadian leases had Queen Elizabeth II as the lessor. The queen owned the assets we were were renting. I always heard the royal family owned a lot of real estate in Canada and the queen is getting the rent money. I would love to know what their total real estate holdings are. It probably would blow our minds if we really knew. I know old Dutch families still own a lot of land in Manhattan going way back to when the Dutch ran the place.

I think the old royal families still own a lot of dirt around the world but it's behind the facade or corporations instead of a royal coat of arms so nobody pays any notice.

LoungeMachine
12-07-2012, 03:01 PM
I used to work in the leasing department for a big corporation. My job was to renew leases and manage the issues regarding them. Quite a few of the Canadian leases had Queen Elizabeth II as the lessor. .

There's another one for the collection...

:gulp:

DONNIEP
12-07-2012, 03:10 PM

No doubt. But there's a good novel by a Brit, Tom Cain, that plays up the conspiracy angle. Pure fiction but a good read.

vandeleur
12-07-2012, 03:33 PM
The news is saying the nurse is thought to of committed suicide .

Nitro Express
12-07-2012, 04:02 PM
Sometimes I don't know who is more nuts. The British royal family or Brits who say the royal family are nuts.:biggrin:

Then you have the crazy Americans who jump in to join the circle jerk.

Life is short folks. Too short to fix most the problems. I'm starting to think why we came here was for the entertainment. This rock is fucking nuts.

Hey. If my grandmother was the queen and I was fucking rich because of it, I probably would be running around Las Vegas naked too.

Seshmeister
12-07-2012, 04:26 PM
Princess Diana was killed under suspicious circumstances, too. Not to get all conspiracy theory crazy here, but it seems that whenever someone does something that embarrasses the royal family, that person winds up dying a mysterious death.

That's insane.

The bozos would have had to kill thousands...

Seshmeister
12-07-2012, 04:32 PM
I used to work in the leasing department for a big corporation. My job was to renew leases and manage the issues regarding them. Quite a few of the Canadian leases had Queen Elizabeth II as the lessor. The queen owned the assets we were were renting. I always heard the royal family owned a lot of real estate in Canada and the queen is getting the rent money. I would love to know what their total real estate holdings are. It probably would blow our minds if we really knew.

Well why not look it up and blow your mind, it's all out there in the public domain?

Also you are mistaking her being named as a lessor and her actually owning or controlling what is effectively UK government land. Also much of this goes back to the slightly odd feudal land system.

Some decent summaries here - http://www.funtrivia.com/askft/Question86458.html

Nitro Express
12-07-2012, 07:40 PM
Well why not look it up and blow your mind, it's all out there in the public domain?

Also you are mistaking her being named as a lessor and her actually owning or controlling what is effectively UK government land. Also much of this goes back to the slightly odd feudal land system.

Some decent summaries here - http://www.funtrivia.com/askft/Question86458.html

Yeah I think they were crown property leases in Canada. But the leases specifically had Queen Elizebeth II on the lease as owner of the property and not a government department which I thought was interesting. Here in the states public land is leased by a government agency and not an individual. I'm not familiar with Canadian or UK real estate law but here in the states it would look like Queen Elizebeth II owned the property and was entitled to get the rent money. Here in the states public land is public land managed by various government agencies.

From what I understand is crown property in Canada is owned by the royal family but they can't sell it. Who get's the lease money? On the leases I dealt with it was just the Queen herself listed as the property owner. If I remember right her name was in all capital letters which would indicate it was indeed not the person but a legal entity.

Angel
12-07-2012, 08:20 PM
I used to work in the leasing department for a big corporation. My job was to renew leases and manage the issues regarding them. Quite a few of the Canadian leases had Queen Elizabeth II as the lessor. The queen owned the assets we were were renting. I always heard the royal family owned a lot of real estate in Canada and the queen is getting the rent money. I would love to know what their total real estate holdings are. It probably would blow our minds if we really knew. I know old Dutch families still own a lot of land in Manhattan going way back to when the Dutch ran the place.

I think the old royal families still own a lot of dirt around the world but it's behind the facade or corporations instead of a royal coat of arms so nobody pays any notice.

You must have been leasing crown land, which is actually owned by the government of Canada. Although I do believe she still has some mining interests (Uranium and diamonds mainly). She is Canada's Queen, but only as a figurehead. She has no say over our land or laws. If you were leasing on reserve land, that is also owned by "the Crown". The rent goes directly to the Canadian government.

Seshmeister
12-07-2012, 09:07 PM
Until 1760 the monarch met all official expenses from hereditary revenues, which included the profits of the Crown Estate (the royal property portfolio). King George III agreed to surrender the hereditary revenues of the Crown in return for the Civil List, and this arrangement persists. The Crown Estate is one of the largest property owners in the United Kingdom, with holdings of £7.3 billion in 2011. It is held in trust, and cannot be sold or owned by the Sovereign in a private capacity. In modern times, the profits surrendered from the Crown Estate have exceeded the Civil List and Grants-in-Aid. For example, the Crown Estate produced £200 million for the Treasury in the financial year 2007–8, whereas reported parliamentary funding for the monarch was £40 million during the same period.

Grant
12-08-2012, 02:37 AM
I don't know much about Aussie law, but I'd bet there will be a suit and civil penalties from the family...

I sincerely hope so, Nick.

Initially, when I heard about the prank knew it was just moronically juvenile, and moreover - pathetically unfunny. The 2DayFM radio station, where the DJs originated their call, is demographically broadbased to the silly braindead-type young adults. And any of those of the age 24+ who listen to them have something seriously wrong with them.

Also, myself who works along with nurses in healthcare just am bloody furious that these dumb-fucks have no respect whatsoever in exploiting the dignity of someone who just happens to hold one of the most selfless - and challenging - jobs there is. Nurses, at least from my experience, whilst they're professionally trained to care for people, they very rarely receive the proper administrative training in professionally dealing with matters like these when they're thrusted into working in public hospitals (where there is a lack of money). Also, while nurses on many times cop (verbal) abuse from patients they're caring for - to which they're ordered to just simply bare the brunt of it - they also can, sadly, cop flack from within their own (fellow nurses, doctors, incompetent/arsehole managers, etc).

sadaist
12-08-2012, 02:57 AM

Pretty much.

Everyone knew she was banging Dodi. No need to run from the very same photogs that just caught you at the restaurant.

ZahZoo
12-08-2012, 09:12 AM
That's insane.

The bozos would have had to kill thousands...

Hmmm... doesn't history support that insanity? The British crown has a pretty brash record of dealing harshly with those they don't like the last couple thousand years...

ashstralia
12-08-2012, 09:25 AM
Aussie radio and tv 'talent' is by and large anything but. It's tacky 4th rate none ever were gonna be's trying to one up each other.

I thought it reached it's nadir a few years ago. Apparently I was wrong.

PETE'S BROTHER
12-08-2012, 09:31 AM
Aussie radio and tv 'talent' is by and large anything but. It's tacky 4th rate none ever were gonna be's trying to one up each other.

and they all talk with that funny accent :hee:

ashstralia
12-08-2012, 09:37 AM
hnhnhnhnhn....

Seshmeister
12-08-2012, 09:50 AM
It's a sad story but I think it will come out that the nurse was already depressed or something and this pushed her over the edge.

The hospital say that she hadn't even been disciplined.

philouze
12-08-2012, 09:53 AM
It's a sad story but I think it will come out that the nurse was already depressed or something and this pushed her over the edge.

Exact-fuckin-ly.

sadaist
12-08-2012, 10:43 AM

It;s not just Aussies. Pretty much every morning show here is like that. Everyone is trying to be over the top funny but very few make it & hit the handful of big markets. A station in a northern California town I think a couple years ago had a contest to see who could drink the most water the fastest...and hold it down. I forget what the prize was. Anyways this one young lady died from too much water. It drowns your insides or something. It's pretty awful.

As long as there are stupid people, there will be stupid radio stations to try & make them laugh and have them do stupid things for cheap prizes. That's why they are in the mornings. Cause as the sane people drive to work half asleep we just don't realize how dumb the shit they do really is.

Angel
12-08-2012, 03:41 PM
Apparently all this nurse did was answer the phone call from DJ's pretending to be Queen Liz and her husband Phil, but she transferred the call to someone else, so she's not the one who was on the air with them.

Seems like a silly reason to murder somebody, but we are talking about the descendants of Henry VIII here, who thought that beheading and divorce were the same thing. http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d025.gif

Yeah, heard that today. She's being buried in India. So now my theory is her husband did it fir bringing shame to the family...

jhale667
12-08-2012, 03:55 PM
Yeah, heard that today. She's being buried in India. So now my theory is her husband did it fir bringing shame to the family...

By transferring a call??

Angel
12-08-2012, 04:24 PM
By transferring a call??

I'm not actually serious...