PDA

View Full Version : Want An All-Natural Soda Pop Substitute?

Hardrock69
12-08-2012, 12:10 AM
How does this sound:

ZERO Calories
ZERO Sugar
ZERO Aspartame

My worst vice, believe it or not, is Dr. Pepper. Hate the diet-version. Will not allow Aspartame into my system.
I have no use for formaldehyde in my blood. That can wait for another 50-60 years until I have kicked the bucket.
So I drink standard DP which has over 2 oz of sugar in one 2-liter bottle. Does wonders for my waistline.

Not.

SO....was doing some searching.

Found..ZEVIA

Uses the Stevia plant for sweetening....
Stevia is the only all-natural sweetener with zero artificial stuff in it. No Splenda, No Aspartame, No Artificial Corn Syrup, etc.
NO CALORIES.

http://www.zevia.com/media/single_dry.html

Problem is....even at Walmart it is 26 bucks a case....more expensive than standard cola....but that will change as people begin to switch......check out the link above....has all flavors....Mt. Dew, Cola, Caffeine-free Cola, Cream Soda, Dr. Zevia (the one I was looking for) and more....

And here you can do a search to see where you can get it in your area:

http://www.zevia.com/get-zevia

Satan
12-08-2012, 12:19 AM
Zevia is some good stuff, though it's costing me a fortune to get it shipped to Hell.

I don't drink so much of the fizzy flavored waters (of any kind) anymore, but this would be my second choice behind actual sugar. Definitely would take it over corn poison or any of the chemical based "diet" sweeteners.

DONNIEP
12-08-2012, 12:27 AM
I wonder what the caffeine free cola tastes like. Is this stuff syrupy-tasting like regular non-diet sodas? If not i might have to check it out.

Nitro Express
12-08-2012, 01:01 AM
I've tried the Blue Sky ginger ale and cola. You can get it with real cane sugar or stevia. The stevia sweetener is pretty sweet but I think it tastes better than artificial sweeteners and of course doesn't have the health risks. It's still not as good as good ol sugar but if you are watching your calories and want a soda pop, it's not bad.

PETE'S BROTHER
12-08-2012, 09:37 AM
buddy at work brought in some of these for me this week 9259

Frodo
12-09-2012, 01:52 PM
I like my Dr. Pepper also and I hate the sugar substitutes.
So, I found a locally owned Supermarket called Heinen's here in my area that
just happend to have Zevia on sale 3.99 a six pack.
Just drank one........me like:yo:

silverfish
12-30-2012, 05:40 PM
Problem is....even at Walmart it is 26 bucks a case....more expensive than standard cola....but that will change as people begin to switch......check out the link above....has all flavors....Mt. Dew, Cola, Caffeine-free Cola, Cream Soda, Dr. Zevia (the one I was looking for) and more....

I refuse to patronize Wal-Mart and checked around for an alternative.
I was looking for Mtn. Zevia and see that Amazon sells a case of it
for $26.11 (with free shipping) so it seems like a buck/can is the SRP.
I hate to buy a case without trying it first but will probably end up
doing so. At that price it probably won't replace Mtn. Dew but might
be a nice alternative every now & again.

My local store carries maybe 5 - 6 Zevia flavors but Mtn. Zevia isn't
one of them.

Sarge
12-30-2012, 06:25 PM
Geesh, It costs more than beer?!
I have never tried it.
I am sure it is good.
I drink mainly water though....

Dr. Love
12-30-2012, 09:21 PM
I saw this thread and gave it a shot, bought some grape, cherry and mountain dew flavored

not a fan of the grape, haven't tried the cherry. The mountain dew variety is decent but all of them have a somewhat bitter bite to them as an aftertaste

Hardrock69
12-30-2012, 10:33 PM
I have not tried any others since I got the root beer flavor a couple of weeks back.

Thanks for the review, Mr. Frodo.

Blaze
12-31-2012, 03:09 AM
This is the best:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArGjBr75voU
I got one for my birthday last year, it is perfect and quick.
The only thing most the videos do not tell ya is shake it till the pressure drops, then let it rise, then shake it till the pressure drops. Doing it in those short bursts and letting the CO2 refill the bottle is super fast. Microwave fast. I should time that. it is like 30 shakes and done.