PDA

View Full Version : HEART Inducted into The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame

LoungeMachine
12-12-2012, 12:43 AM
About time.

Proud to call some of the original members friends.

Looking forward to seeing them play at the ceremony.

:gulp:

Hardrock69
12-12-2012, 12:51 AM
Love that Heart got in.

Rush did too!

jhale667
12-12-2012, 01:53 AM
'Bout time!

sadaist
12-12-2012, 02:16 AM
Love that Heart got in.

Rush did too!

About time.

philouze
12-12-2012, 03:53 AM
Nice !!

ODShowtime
12-12-2012, 07:39 AM
Too bad it's still in Cleveland.

Rush and Heart are two of the best ever. The hall of fame is getting closer to having credibility.

Va Beach VH Fan
12-12-2012, 08:29 AM
And Public Enemy, dammit !!

;)

sonrisa salvaje
12-12-2012, 10:20 AM
Yes, but how the hell did Deep Purple not get in? What a crying shame but congrats to Heart and Rush.

philouze
12-12-2012, 10:29 AM
Congrats to Public Enemy too, IMO. They rock, don't they ?

Still waiting for Thin Lizzy & Purple.

ThrillsNSpills
12-12-2012, 11:18 AM
Roger Fisher might be the most underrated guitarist of the 70's.

The chemistry on those early albums was incredible.

I think the song Bebe LeStrange could have benefitted from a Fisher lead bread at the end.

sadaist
12-12-2012, 11:40 AM
Still waiting for Thin Lizzy & Purple.

Purple 100% yes.

Thin Lizzy though? I love them, you love them....but I just think too many people don't know who they were or have heard of them. They might recognize & even like a couple of the big tunes just from decades of radio play, but they couldn't name the band. And when you tell them the band name they have never heard of them.

A lot like Supertramp that way. You play their greatest hits cd and inevitably the other person listening says "oh shit, I love this song" yet has no idea who Supertramp was.

Hardrock69
12-12-2012, 12:01 PM
It may seem blasphemous, but if Phil had not died, I don't think TL would be quite as "legendary" as they are......but then, he would still be here kicking out the jams (or not)...so who knows?

DP needs to get in there. Seriously. "Smoke On The Water" is THE anthem for Hard Rock music.

philouze
12-12-2012, 12:02 PM
Sadaist, I agree with you about Lizzy. They never made it big in the U.S.
But on the other hand, Heart didn't make it big in Europe. Neither did Rush, sadly. But unlike Supertramp, you can play a Heart or Rush Greatest Hits album, people over here will go "what is this? never heard that before..."
Strange isn't it?
Here in France, Rush is not played on radio nor TV. Same thing with Heart. The ONLY time I've heard Heart on the radio was when "Alone" came out. What year was this? 87? I was 9. I've never heard Rush on a French radio station. And I don't care, as long as I can hear hear them at home...

Hardrock69
12-12-2012, 12:35 PM
Roger Fisher's guitar composition was really cool on those early Heart albums. Innovative in the riffs and licks he used to serve the songs. :thumb:

lesfunk
12-12-2012, 01:10 PM
I would rather Purple in than Rush but WTF... It's not really important anyway. The Thin Lizzy argument is skewed from an American point of view because although Lizzy wasn't that big here in the States, They were absolutely fucking HUGE in the rest of the WORLD. If these hip hop "bands" deserve to get in, Lizzy most surely does.

LoungeMachine
12-12-2012, 01:18 PM
Roger Fisher's guitar composition was really cool on those early Heart albums. Innovative in the riffs and licks he used to serve the songs. :thumb:

You should hear him up close in a small setting doing those early songs alone... really quite amazing to see.

Look for his reprise of Love Alive.

FORD
12-12-2012, 04:14 PM
Sadaist, I agree with you about Lizzy. They never made it big in the U.S.
But on the other hand, Heart didn't make it big in Europe. Neither did Rush, sadly. But unlike Supertramp, you can play a Heart or Rush Greatest Hits album, people over here will go "what is this? never heard that before..."
Strange isn't it?
Here in France, Rush is not played on radio nor TV. Same thing with Heart. The ONLY time I've heard Heart on the radio was when "Alone" came out. What year was this? 87? I was 9. I've never heard Rush on a French radio station. And I don't care, as long as I can hear hear them at home...

Rush gets no airplay in France? Not even when they speak French, as they do here (in the chorus)

Hardrock69
12-12-2012, 05:01 PM
This little guitar fill Roger did in Magic Man involves bending one string up and then hitting the note and letting the note go down, while at the same time pushing down on another string above the nut at the same time so that same note goes up....so you are playing the same note on two strings, but then one goes up and one goes down...sorta like splitting a note in two, lol.

The intro to "Crazy On You" was one of the first riffs of theirs I learned back in summer of 1977.

Green Manalishi
12-12-2012, 06:17 PM
Congradulations to Heart , RUSH , and Albert King for their RRHOF nominations .
I have major mixed feelings about the RRHOF considering that MANY worthy bands are not in ( UFO , Mahogany Rush , Nazareth , Thin Lizzy , Deep Purple , KISS , Ted Nugent , Robin Trower , Blue Oyster Cult , etc. ) and MANY completely unworthy bands are ( Madonna , GrandMaster Flash , Abba , Patti Smith , etc. )
I could talk about this til I'm blue in the face but , oh well . Not nearly enough hours in the day .
Any and all Rap and Hip-Hop acts should be automatically deleted because of the actual ZERO musical talent factor alone . A true slap in the face to real rock bands and actual musicians everywhere .

Unchainme
12-12-2012, 08:20 PM
Rush fucking earned it.

Should have been first ballot.

Best prog. rock band ever in my book.

fraroc
12-12-2012, 08:38 PM
Its to bad Roger had to be so bad to Nancy. In the Behind The Music doc, there was an incident mentioned where Roger smashed his guitar in the middle of the show and left the stage a la Axl Rose and backstage he almost beat the shit out of Nancy. And also he admitted to cheating on her.

It sucks that such a talented guitarist had to be such a douche, but if that incident didn't occur, It would have never inspired Ann to write my favorite Heart song and probably one of the most badass songs ever written, "If Looks Could Kill"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR0fIUu0rWU
This should be the theme song to the show "Bully Beatdown"

And have you seen Nancy nowadays? The only 57 year old woman I'd do in a heartbeat.

Kristy
12-12-2012, 08:50 PM
Seeing as LardMachine is a bit heavy himself no wonder he'd be in favor of Heart's (y'know, the FAT chick in the band) entry into the beauty contest that is the Rock 'N' Roll Hall Of Shit. This is not even news. Heart should be kicked to the curb like an abandoned puppy.

Kristy
12-12-2012, 08:54 PM
...along with the rest of your crappy 80's pseudo-metal/hair bands.

Guitar Shark
12-12-2012, 08:57 PM
Doesn't everyone look heavy to an anorexic?

Kristy
12-12-2012, 09:00 PM
I'm not anorexic. But I do know I look better than any failed musician - so yeah, I know I look way better than most of you.

Matt White
12-12-2012, 09:01 PM
Doesn't everyone look heavy to an anorexic?

Or CRACK-Head!!!

Hardrock69
12-12-2012, 09:04 PM
We all know the RRHOF is lame.

But what the fuck. These bands struggled for a long time to get any kind of mainstream acceptance.

So if they can have some mainstream honors (whatever the fuck those are worth), then more power to them.

Kristy
12-12-2012, 09:06 PM
We all know the RRHOF is lame.

You're only half right, 'TardRock, your crappy generation bands are what's lame.

philouze
12-12-2012, 10:08 PM
Rush gets no airplay in France? Not even when they speak French, as they do here (in the chorus)

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...
They don't get airplay, they just get nothing over here.
Unfair, you said?
Fuck yeah.

Hardrock69
12-12-2012, 10:44 PM
Am glad Albert King was inducted. I got to meet him briefly about 6 months before he died. Am glad I got to see him perform once.....lotta other blues greats I never got to see....

fraroc
12-13-2012, 06:24 AM
Seeing as LardMachine is a bit heavy himself no wonder he'd be in favor of Heart's (y'know, the FAT chick in the band) entry into the beauty contest that is the Rock 'N' Roll Hall Of Shit. This is not even news. Heart should be kicked to the curb like an abandoned puppy.

Now I know why nobody likes Kristy.

jhale667
12-13-2012, 11:57 AM
I'm not anorexic. But I do know I look better than any failed musician - so yeah, I know I look way better than most of you.

And then you wake up, bone-rack.

Nitro Express
12-13-2012, 12:04 PM
Rush fucking earned it.

Should have been first ballot.

Best prog. rock band ever in my book.

RUSH deserves to be in the Hall of Fame but their manager Ray Daniels should be in the Hall of Shame.

sadaist
12-13-2012, 12:25 PM
Seeing as LardMachine is a bit heavy himself ......

He looks fit to me.

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/287546.jpg

Kristy
12-13-2012, 12:27 PM
Now I know why nobody likes Kristy.

Hating me is still better than being a "hardcore" fan of Styx. Jesus fucking Christ, dude see if your social worker/probation officer can at least get you to live in 2001.

Kristy
12-13-2012, 12:27 PM
RUSH are shit - they've been shit since 1985.

Angel
12-13-2012, 12:32 PM

And you've been shit since the day you were conceived. Fuck off already, kunt...

private parts
12-13-2012, 12:34 PM

WOW. Can't believe you just spewed that out.:puke:

Kristy
12-13-2012, 12:39 PM
RUSH did suck after 1985. Album after boring album followed. Fuck them and fuck them for constantly ripping off their fans with horrible live releases and even crappier greatest hits packages. The should be ashamed.

Kristy
12-13-2012, 12:40 PM
And you've been shit since the day you were conceived. Fuck off already, kunt...

Go back to sucking on your propane nozzle on your trailer home for practice and make yourself useful. Cunt.

Nitro Express
12-13-2012, 12:40 PM
RUSH did suck after 1985. Album after boring album followed. Fuck them and fuck them for constantly ripping off their fans with horrible live releases and even crappier greatest hits packages. The should be ashamed.

Nobody cares Kristy. Take the hint.

Kristy
12-13-2012, 12:42 PM
Apparently, you care. Don't you have some helicopter to fly some secret mission of Navy Seals into North Korea or something you pathological delusional fuck?

private parts
12-13-2012, 01:05 PM
One of my favorite Heart jams. "The Voice" Cooks with FIRE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ov1glkGWXgM

private parts
12-13-2012, 01:09 PM
Let's try that again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ov1glkGWXgM

sadaist
12-13-2012, 01:41 PM
The only 57 year old woman I'd do in a heartbeat.

Here's a 62 year old.

http://www1.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/34th+Annual+Daytime+Emmy+Awards+Arrivals+4xnsXjCFc S9l.jpg

Nitro Express
12-13-2012, 01:49 PM
Here's a 62 year old.

http://www1.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/34th+Annual+Daytime+Emmy+Awards+Arrivals+4xnsXjCFc S9l.jpg

It's all good until her wig comes off, her teeth come out and the tits deflate.

Angel
12-13-2012, 01:59 PM
Go back to sucking on your propane nozzle on your trailer home for practice and make yourself useful. Cunt.

Nah, that's your line of work, not mine. Now go get pissed on and don't forget to put the two-bits you get for it in your pocket.

PETE'S BROTHER
12-13-2012, 02:02 PM
Nah, that's your line of work, not mine. Now go get pissed on and don't forget to put the two-bits you get for it in your pocket.

see, you are useful, good advice :baaa:

jhale667
12-13-2012, 02:25 PM

LOOOOVED Morgan Fairchild. Actually, she was in line in front of me to buy movie tickets a while back, and YEAH, she still looks that good in person...!

Angel
12-13-2012, 02:31 PM
LOOOOVED Morgan Fairchild. Actually, she was in line in front of me to buy movie tickets a while back, and YEAH, she still looks that good in person...!

My ex had a thing for her. I used to threaten to run away with Dave and he would respond no problem, freed him up for Morgan. :D

DLR Bridge
12-13-2012, 02:41 PM

Remember that cheesy made for TV movie she was in (ok, that describes all of them) where she was being stalked by an obsessed perve with a fancy telephoto lense? Think it was early 80's. When I first heard VH's Eyes Of The Night ten years later, I imediately thought of that movie.

fraroc
12-13-2012, 04:12 PM

merry early christmas kristy <3

sadaist
12-13-2012, 06:35 PM

That's why you gotta have the taxi cab driver waiting to whisk her away quickly once you're finished. Like Cinderella & midnight & pumpkins & such.

sonrisa salvaje
12-13-2012, 06:39 PM
Remember that cheesy made for TV movie she was in (ok, that describes all of them) where she was being stalked by an obsessed perve with a fancy telephoto lense? Think it was early 80's. When I first heard VH's Eyes Of The Night ten years later, I imediately thought of that movie.

That would be The Seduction with Andrew Stevens as the perv photographer. However, you may have seen it on t.v. but that one came to the theater with an R rating because of Morgan being in the nude most of the film.

fraroc
12-13-2012, 06:59 PM
Seeing as LardMachine is a bit heavy himself no wonder he'd be in favor of Heart's (y'know, the FAT chick in the band) entry into the beauty contest that is the Rock 'N' Roll Hall Of Shit. This is not even news. Heart should be kicked to the curb like an abandoned puppy, long with the rest of your crappy 80's pseudo-metal/hair bands.

Me: This thread got out of control because Kristy is a big fat stupid bi-

ELVIS: shut up, fraroc!

Me: WEEEEELLLLL....

ELVIS: Don't do it, fraroc!

Me: WEEEEEEELLLL...

ELVIS: I'm warning you!

Me: Ok...Ok...

ELVIS: I'm getting pretty sick of him calling Kristy a-

Me: WEEEEEELLLLL KRISTY IS A BITCH SHE'S A BIG FAT BITCH SHE'S THE BIGGEST BITCH IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD, SHE'S A STUPID BITCH, AS EVER WAS A BITCH, SHE'S A BITCH TO ALL THE BOYS AND GIRLS!

ELVIS: SHUT YOUR FUCKING MOUTH, FRAROC!

Me: On Monday she’s a bitch, on Tuesday she’s a bitch then Wednesday through Saturday she’s a bitch. Then on Sunday just to be different she’s a super king khamehameaha BITACH! Come on, RothArmy you all know the words!

sonrisa salvaje
12-13-2012, 07:48 PM
I'm not sure if fraroc is calling Kristy a bitch. Can someone please interpret?

fraroc
12-13-2012, 08:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hXgAYku2PA

This will explain it all (I fucking love southpark btw)

LoungeMachine
12-18-2012, 02:43 AM
Oh hell yeah.....

Nitro Express
12-18-2012, 03:16 AM
Oh hell yeah.....

Hi ladies. I'm Alex Van Halen. Would you two sisters like to have a four way with me and my brother?

To be honest. I don't blame Alex. LOL!

Hardrock69
12-18-2012, 04:36 AM
Uh no. I don't blame him either.

Though why bother trying to get a 4-way going? I would just have been trying to get one or the other....

Nitro Express
12-18-2012, 05:34 AM
Alex was probably trying to cut down from the eight ways he was having with the whole band. These guys are rock stars. It's like Peter Chris talking about filming the photo shoot for the Hotter Than Hell album. It ended up being a whole orgy with the whole band and chicks screwing each other and dudes screwing dudes. Ed and Al doing the Heart chicks was probably tame compared to some of the stuff they had been up to.

I always liked to grab one and head off to a room. I wasn't into the God Over All Texas philosophy of driving up the ass while some other dude drives up the baby chute or the musical chairs thing. With AIDS coming on the scene that was best avoided not that I wanted to go there anyways. But these coked up rock stars probably didn't care.