PDA

View Full Version : Lost Prophets singer arrested on sexual offences against children

vandeleur
12-20-2012, 07:14 AM
Ian Watkins' Lostprophets bandmates have released a statement saying they are in a "state of shock", following his arrest on Wednesday.

The lead singer of the group is facing a number of charges including conspiracy to rape a one-year-old girl.

A statement on their website said: "Following charges made today against Ian Watkins, we find ourselves in a state of shock.

"We are learning about the details of the investigation along with you."

Signed by "Jamie, Lee, Luke, Mike and Stu," it concludes: "It is a difficult time for us and our families, and we want to thank our fans for their support as we seek answers."

Ian Watkins, 35, of Pontypridd, appeared before Cardiff magistrates facing six charges relating to sexual offences against two young children.

He faces a charge of conspiracy to engage in sexual activity with a child under 13 and four offences relating to possession and distribution of indecent images of children.

He was remanded in custody.

The court heard that he had not admitted any of the offences, which date from May to December this year.

A 24-year-old woman has been charged with the same offences as Ian Watkins, while a 20-year-old woman is charged with five of the same offences but not conspiracy to rape.

Bail applications by all three were refused and they are due to appear before Cardiff Crown Court on 31 December.

Lostprophets toured the UK earlier this year. Their latest album, Weapons, was released in April.

They also played at Radio 1's Hackney Weekend

vandeleur
12-20-2012, 07:17 AM
I know there not a massive band but I have heard of them , I was pretty shocked .
Not that I can admit to any proffesional or medical reasons to qualify this next statement but I didnt think young blokes in fairly succesful rock bands were the sort of fucking monsters who indulge in this kind of activity .

ELVIS
12-20-2012, 09:37 AM
I don't know that 35 is a young bloke...

Dave's Bitch
12-20-2012, 10:30 AM
You just know if he gets convicted he will get put on protection in prison so nobody can touch him

vandeleur
12-20-2012, 10:49 AM
I guess innocent until proven guilty and all that but if he is found guilty then I hope he get what he deserves, once your a parent shit like this boils ya piss.
Rant over .

jhale667
12-20-2012, 10:49 AM
:puke:

Nitro Express
12-20-2012, 12:14 PM
Well they sound lost alright. Nobody is going to buy their shit now. Maybe they should rename themselves "Lost Profits".

ELVIS
12-20-2012, 12:29 PM
They sound like honest blokes to me...

Get a new singer and move on...

Even publicity this bad can be good...

Kristy
12-20-2012, 01:07 PM
These fucking rock stars, man. When they're not being failed musicians this is the shit they're thinking of..?

ELVIS
12-20-2012, 01:23 PM
So, pedophilia applies to all rock stars ??

Nickdfresh
12-20-2012, 05:30 PM
I hope he gets raped with a one year old baby doll...

ELVIS
12-20-2012, 05:33 PM
That'll show 'em...

binnie
12-20-2012, 05:40 PM
Innocent until proven guilty.

I hate all of this trial by media stuff - there is a world of difference between an allegation and a conviction.

That being said, the statement that his bandmates put out wasn't exactly encouraging......