ELVIS
12-22-2012, 07:04 AM
:elvis:

ELVIS
12-22-2012, 07:11 AM
:elvis:

Nickdfresh
12-22-2012, 12:21 PM
Police 'Vette. Can't imagine many dept's have these. The NYS Troopers have even gotten rid of their Mustangs and Cameros...

<object width="600" height="338" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="SFID1356196812153"><param name="movie" value="http://www.streetfire.net/flash/SPlayer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="FlashVars" value="&video=f6280194-f20c-4524-a8d5-a0b7002d4c8f&servicecfg=386" /><embed src="http://www.streetfire.net/flash/SPlayer.swf" flashvars="video=f6280194-f20c-4524-a8d5-a0b7002d4c8f&servicecfg=386" allowfullscreen="true" wmode="transparent" width="600" height="338" allowscriptaccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /><br/><a href="http://www.streetfire.net/video/police-z06-vs-triumph-triple-top-gear-us_part-1_2394438.htm">Police Z06 vs Triumph Triple [Top Gear US]</a></object>

qikgts
12-24-2012, 05:28 PM
Meh... lol

Hardrock69
12-25-2012, 05:06 AM
I used to see cops with special Camero packages in 1990-91 out in LA. Chips had some sweet rides with mighty horsepower under the hood.

Here is a story I posted here some time ago.....I don't recall where or when, and can't find it by searching, so I will just repost:

One day back in the 90s I was driving to Kansas City in my 1975 Ford Torino. Love those cars. 351 V-8. Run like a champ. Easy to maintain.

Anyway.....came up over a low rise, and a Highway Patrol officer was sitting on the shoulder in his horsepower-mobile.

I was not speeding, so I thought nothing of it, and drove on.

About 5 miles down the highway (I had the windows rolled down), I heard what sounded like an angry hornet coming from behind on my side of the car. I glanced down into my sideview mirror, and just as I did so, some guy on a ricegrinder came zooming past my window doing about 150. I was doing 60, dude passed me like I was sitting still.

Had my foot off the gas....my jaw was in my lap....just as I began to say "WHAT THE F....." there was this loud "SWISH!"....

The Highway Patrol dude was right behind him in his horsepower-mobile.

I watched them haul ass away from me until they disappeared in the distance.

About 10 miles ahead was toll booth for the Kansas Turnpike.

As I pulled up....I could see 3 KHP cars sitting there with their gum machines blazing.

One guy....had his hands on the hood.....

I had to slow down wait in line to pay my tool at the booth, and I had my old-time Kodak Pocket Instamatic with me. I held it up and went

*CLICK*
http://i50.tinypic.com/1z4x3pw.jpg

cadaverdog
12-25-2012, 02:26 PM
I was making a run in the company truck to take some parts to the airport where they were testing an airplane the company I was working for built and I was trying to check out some chick with a short skirt in the fast lane and a motorcycle doing maybe 120 went between us doing a wheelie. I didn't even hear or see him coming. a few minutes later here comes a couple CHP hauling ass after him. He either laid it down getting off the freeway or they crashed him because the bike was down an there were a few parts on the road and He was cuffed laying face down on the side on the road.

cadaverdog
12-25-2012, 02:31 PM
I dig Corvettes but I would only own a C-1. The rest are cool but that's not enough car around you considering how fast it moves. I could dig having a 58 with a nice built small block and a 4 speed for a little trip to the beach on the weekends when in the mood. I prefer a car that will haul ass in a short burst but I'm not interested in doing 200 miles an hour on the street. Corvettes are all about speed without much consideration for safety.

Hardrock69
12-25-2012, 03:58 PM
Unfortunately, a consideration for me is that there be plenty of room for a tall person. So it limits the cars I can drive and be comfy.
And yes, it is something to brag about (I own a car that can go 200 mph!), but how often are you gonna go that fast?

And legally?

Of course there is no reason to go that fast if you are not in a race.

cadaverdog
12-26-2012, 11:09 AM
Unfortunately, a consideration for me is that there be plenty of room for a tall person. So it limits the cars I can drive and be comfy.
And yes, it is something to brag about (I own a car that can go 200 mph!), but how often are you gonna go that fast?

And legally?

Of course there is no reason to go that fast if you are not in a race.
The fastest car I ever owned top end wise was a 78 Trans Am with the 6.6 motor. (403 Olds big block). After removing all the smog equipment, installing dual exhaust and tweeking the timing and carb it would do over 140. I had a buddy try to keep up with me on his crotch rocket to see how fast it would really go but at 140 the car felt a little loose and I decided not to push it. I borrowed my brothers 69 Road Runner for a while when my car was down and since it ran like shit I gave it a tune up, oil change and put a couple tires on it to pay him back for the favor. It ran 100% better than it did when I picked it up and I decided to see how fast it would go on some unused desert road. I'm not sure how fast it went because the speedo went to 120 and it was buried. The telephone poles were going by so fast they were like a picket fence. I backed off when I started thinking about a buddy who flipped his Road Runner when he lost it at high speed and died of his injuries after a couple months in the hospital. I'm not sure I'd want to go much faster than that.

cadaverdog
12-26-2012, 11:16 AM

I'm only a little over six foot but I'm also fairly large. I was thinking about buying a c -4 vette a few years ago but it was too hard to get in and out of. My roommate has a c - 5 and it's a little roomier but still too small for me.

ELVIS
12-26-2012, 11:23 AM
It's not made for superior comfort of ease of entry...

That would be a Cadillac...

Hardrock69
12-26-2012, 10:38 PM
As I am 6'-7", that would put most tiny, shoebox sports cars out of my consideration.

cadaverdog
12-27-2012, 03:17 AM
As I am 6'-7", that would put most tiny, shoebox sports cars out of my consideration.
I'm not even close to that tall and I've driven full size cars where I couldn't wear a baseball cap when I was in the drivers seat or it would rub on the headliner.

Hardrock69
12-27-2012, 03:54 AM
The thing for tall people is to lean the seat back.......back in the day I could even be comfy driving a Datsun 240-Z (man those fucking things would run forever!).

But some things are just fucking impossible.

The problem is that safety researchers have "figured out" that people are more likely to survive if they are in an enclosed, cockpit like environment.

Does wonders for claustrophobic drivers out there.

My fucking Ford Torinos had a TON of leg room. I had a 1976 Torino with a police package in it, then 15 years later had a '75 4-door.
I had so much fucking room in those things. I miss those things.

And being mid-70s vehicles, fixing them and diagnosing them was a breeze.

Nothing like have a 351 Cleveland under the control of your fucking foot on the gas pedal! WOOT!

ashstralia
12-27-2012, 04:17 AM
hr, you're only 5" taller than me. they should include an option for the 'taller, wider gentleman'.

although i'm not a fatty, it's unfair for sportscar manufacturers to exclude the larger clentele.

my sweetest ride was a '74 holden lj torana (google; you'll love it) with a 350 hp 186ci straight 6 capable of 7500rpm in a 1275kg car. yeeeeaaaarrrgghhh!!!!

there's not too many of them alive today, most got crashed as mine did. :(

Nickdfresh
12-27-2012, 12:45 PM
It's not made for superior comfort of ease of entry...

That would be a Cadillac...

Which is odd, because most of the Corvette owners I've seen are over 40, maybe even over 50...

cadaverdog
12-27-2012, 02:56 PM
Which is odd, because most of the Corvette owners I've seen are over 40, maybe even over 50...
That's because a lot of them couldn't afford a corvette when they were younger and either didn't make enough cash because they spent it as fast as they got it or they had too many other bills to pay for one reason or another. On top of that most dudes my age have gone through or are going through their second childhood. But this time they have enough cash to buy what they want. Plenty of dudes buy their first Harley after 40 too. And camaros and mustangs and Dodge challengers.

Coyote
12-27-2012, 03:12 PM
Nice wheels, but I'd rather have a Camaro... Or an Aston Martin...