PDA

View Full Version : Tebow to Jags

POJO_Risin
12-22-2012, 09:22 PM
Stupid fucking Jet...everyone should be fired there...EVERYONE...

foot fuck...

Dirty Sanchez...

Joe Namath...

...and the Jags?

Fuck them...

but at least it makes some sense...because of his Florida connection...

Little Texan
12-22-2012, 09:43 PM
I don't understand why the Jets acquired him in the first place if they weren't going to play him any. They gave up what, a 4th round pick for Tebow?

Little Texan
12-22-2012, 09:49 PM
They gave up a 4th AND 6th round pick for him, then proceeded to use him as a benchwarmer the whole season.

Terry
12-22-2012, 10:22 PM
Whatever is going to become of Tebow's NFL career, he's not gonna realize his own ambitions being essentially benched for an entire season this early on: while it probably will take a few more seasons for him to hit his stride, he has to at least be active.

I'm not necessarily convinced that Tebow WILL go on to have a record-breaking career. However, even when secondary aspects of his "story" (his devout adherence to religion, virginity, etc. - yeah, yeah, this all can be part of the personal characteristics and makeup that, in turn, informs him as a player) are put to one side, looking at what he did with Denver...I mean, call it a fluke, but he's able to lead a team to win. Can that be said of Sanchez?

ANY of the Florida teams would be a better fit for Tebow. His presence puts asses in seats, and in Florida the guy is a god. Probably Jacksonville would make the most sense, although either Tampa Bay or the Dolphins could certainly use him: none of the Florida teams have quarterbacks who are worth shit. I mean, the Tampa Bay home games are usually blacked out IN THE TAMPA BAY area because the team can't currently fill their stadium.

Or send him to the Browns...or some other franchise that has a hopeless QB situation. At least the guy will sell some tickets and be a draw.

ELVIS
12-22-2012, 10:29 PM
Tebow can fill seats for the time being but I don't think he's quarterback material at all when you have people like Brees, Manning and RG3 to go up against...

He's definately a leader though...

Maybe another position would be an idea, but I'm sure his ego is beyond that at this point, Christian or not...

POJO_Risin
12-23-2012, 04:17 PM
I don't know...

I've always felt that any QB is what you make of him...

If a coach were to think outside the box with Tebow...I think he could be a really good NFL quarterback...but you'd have to commit to a different brand of football, and not many would do that.

Don't buy the "different position" mentality...

and I honestly think he'd do it...if they asked...

cadaverdog
12-23-2012, 04:33 PM
Considering how many truly crappy quarterbacks are starting in the NFL you'd think Tebow would start somewhere. He's had one winning season. Some of theses starting qb's have never even done that.