PDA

View Full Version : MILF Fired For Being 'Too Hot'

Nickdfresh
12-23-2012, 11:04 AM
http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1226138.1356241647!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/melissa-nelson-cnn-pixelated.jpg
Court: 'Irresistible' Workers Can Be Fired
By Alyssa Newcomb | ABC News (http://news.yahoo.com/court-irresistible-workers-fired-203924415--abc-news-topstories.html) – 19 hrs ago

An Iowa dentist was within his legal rights when he fired a longtime employee he found to be "irresistible" and a threat to his marriage, the State Supreme Court unanimously ruled.

The seven justices, all male, affirmed on Friday a lower court's decision in favor of Dr. James Knight, who terminated Melissa Nelson after employing her for 10 and a half years as a dental assistant.

"We do think the Iowa Supreme Court got it completely right," said Stuart Cochrane, an attorney for James Knight. "Our position has always been Mrs. Nelson was never terminated because of her gender, she was terminated because of concerns her behavior was not appropriate in the workplace. She's an attractive lady. Dr. Knight found her behavior and dress to be inappropriate."

The two never had a sexual relationship or sought one, according to court documents, however in the final year and a half of Nelson's employment, Knight began to make comments about her clothing being too tight or distracting.

"Dr. Knight acknowledges he once told Nelson that if she saw his pants bulging, she would know her clothing was too revealing," the justices wrote.

Six months before Nelson was fired, she and her boss began exchanging text messages about work and personal matters, such as updates about each of their children's activities, the justices wrote.

The messages were mostly mundane, but Nelson recalled one text she received from her boss asking "how often she experienced an orgasm."

Nelson did not respond to the text and never indicated that she was uncomfortable with Knight's question, according to court documents.

Soon after, Knight's wife, Jeanne, who also works at the practice, found out about the text messaging and ordered her husband to fire Nelson.

The couple consulted with a senior pastor at their church and he agreed that Nelson should be terminated in order to protect their marriage, Cochrane said.

On Jan. 4, 2010, Nelson was summoned to a meeting with Knight while a pastor was present. Knight then read from a prepared statement telling Nelson she was fired.

"Dr. Knight felt like for the best interest of his marriage and the best interest of hers to end their employment relationship," Cochrane said.

Knight acknowledged in court documents that Nelson was good at her job and she, in turn, said she was generally treated with respect.

When Nelson's husband tried to reason with Knight, the dentist told him he "feared he would have an affair with her down the road if he did not fire her."

Paige Fiedler, Nelson's attorney, said in a statement to ABC News affiliate KCRG that she was "appalled" by the ruling.

"We are appalled by the Court's ruling and its failure to understand the nature of gender bias.," she wrote.

"Although people act for a variety of reasons, it is very common for women to be targeted for discrimination because of their sexual attractiveness or supposed lack of sexual attractiveness. That is discrimination based on sex," Fiedler wrote. "Nearly every woman in Iowa understands this because we have experienced it for ourselves."

envy_me
12-23-2012, 11:47 AM
She only has herself to blame. That's why women should wear niqab, so all the men who have no self control don't do anything stupid.

ZahZoo
12-23-2012, 11:48 AM
Seems she has/had a good case for sexual harassment against this idiot dentist...

"Dr. Knight acknowledges he once told Nelson that if she saw his pants bulging, she would know her clothing was too revealing," the justices wrote.

Six months before Nelson was fired, she and her boss began exchanging text messages about work and personal matters, such as updates about each of their children's activities, the justices wrote.

The messages were mostly mundane, but Nelson recalled one text she received from her boss asking "how often she experienced an orgasm."

No surprise by the courts in Iowa... Irony runs deep there. First state to acknowledge gay marriage... but then upholds this crap.

ZahZoo
12-23-2012, 11:51 AM
She only has herself to blame. That's why women should wear niqab, so all the men who have no self control don't do anything stupid.

No, actually I don't see where she has any sort of blame here. It was the dentist who couldn't control himself...

envy_me
12-23-2012, 11:54 AM
No, actually I don't see where she has any sort of blame here. It was the dentist who couldn't control himself...

Haha, I know :-) I was just being sarcastic. If he has problems with selfcontrol, he should quit and leave her alone.

Fairwrning
12-23-2012, 11:54 AM

Thats awesome..

envy_me
12-23-2012, 12:00 PM

Thats awesome..

The whole thing sounds like an episode of Mad Men.

sadaist
12-23-2012, 12:58 PM
No, actually I don't see where she has any sort of blame here.

Bullshit. I've worked in a lot of large offices and seen far too many women when they hit a certain age start acting & dressing like they are 21 year old club drunken sluts again. Mid life crisis for women perhaps? Guys start buying boats & off road trucks & corvettes....things they couldn't when they were 21. A woman start dressing and acting promiscuous in the same vain.

if you don't want guys to oogle you, fall over you, or be sexually distracted by you, don't dress like a slut and act your age. Be respectful in the office.

That said, the guy is a pussy. he is the boss. If he were truly this uncomfortable he should have laid down the law with her. Dress like this or you will be fired. then a written warning of the same. Then fire her. That way you have it all well documented.

She deserved a fair chance to correct her behavior. (if she were really displaying improper behavior in her dress.)

envy_me
12-23-2012, 01:08 PM
She didn't have a problem with him looking at her. He had a problem controling himself around her. Is he a man or an animal?
If she didn't break any official dresscode, then he has no right to fire her.

cadaverdog
12-23-2012, 01:58 PM
In California you are an at will employee unless you have some kind of contract or belong to a union where the contract has certain rules about termination. Larger companies usually have set rules about termination. If I thought it was the truth he let her go because he lusted for her because she dressed too sexy I don't see a problem with it. But i suspect he canned her because she didn't give up the poon or the wife found out before he got any.

cadaverdog
12-23-2012, 02:10 PM
The way the woman dressed might have had little to do with it other than an excuse. He lusted for her and couldn't control himself. The boner comment was just a way of saying if you want it I'll give it to ya. He was planning on getting some eventually but wifey found out and nipped it in the bud. I'm sure the woman liked the attention and was using it to get a head but it didn't work out the way she wanted it to. I didn't see anything about her being upset at his obvious lust for her until she got canned.

Angel
12-23-2012, 03:21 PM
Holy Fuck. I am so glad I live in Canada...

cadaverdog
12-23-2012, 04:06 PM
Holy Fuck. I am so glad I live in Canada...
Don't Canadian men like poontang? If that was the case there would be no Canadians unless all the women get fertilized instead of impregnated the old fashioned way.

Little Texan
12-23-2012, 05:58 PM
http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1226138.1356241647!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/melissa-nelson-cnn-pixelated.jpg

If this is her, she doesn't look so hot to me.

envy_me
12-23-2012, 06:06 PM
I think she's pretty.

But this man in giving you all guys a bad rep. Just like guys from Iran and those countries are. Men are civilized human beings who can control themselves and can control thier impulses. A minority are jerks, but that doesn't go for all. So distance yourselves from this type of behavior. You aren't animals, don't let these jerks represent you and your gender. God, I'm angry :D

DONNIEP
12-23-2012, 06:10 PM
Ah, if I worked with her I'd probably hit on her at some point :)

Angel
12-23-2012, 06:16 PM
Don't Canadian men like poontang? If that was the case there would be no Canadians unless all the women get fertilized instead of impregnated the old fashioned way.

Of course Canadian men like poontang. But we have legislation about shit like this. You cannot get fired for bs reasons like this, and no employer with half a brain would even try.

cadaverdog
12-23-2012, 07:09 PM
Of course Canadian men like poontang. But we have legislation about shit like this. You cannot get fired for bs reasons like this, and no employer with half a brain would even try.
I prefer our system. As a business owner you should be able to fire whoever you want as long as it's not some form of discrimination. This chick dressed to entice and it was working but the guys wife caught on before they did the nasty. If he had boned her she'd have sued him for making her put out to keep her job.

cadaverdog
12-23-2012, 07:12 PM
I think she's pretty.

But this man in giving you all guys a bad rep. Just like guys from Iran and those countries are. Men are civilized human beings who can control themselves and can control thier impulses. A minority are jerks, but that doesn't go for all. So distance yourselves from this type of behavior. You aren't animals, don't let these jerks represent you and your gender. God, I'm angry :D
This guy's no different than any other. A hot chick appears to be coming on to him and he started to go for it but got caught and wifey made him can her. He isn't accused of making unwanted advances is he?

Angel
12-23-2012, 07:37 PM
I prefer our system. As a business owner you should be able to fire whoever you want as long as it's not some form of discrimination. This chick dressed to entice and it was working but the guys wife caught on before they did the nasty. If he had boned her she'd have sued him for making her put out to keep her job.

But this IS discrimination!!!

Nickdfresh
12-23-2012, 07:55 PM
If this is her, she doesn't look so hot to me.

That's because you're basically comparing her to pictures of Olivia Mumford that you stare at here all day. I think in real life, she's probably a very sexy MILF, the kind I'd chew my arm off for...

And yes, this faggot dentist is a total chode with a miserable life and a hag wife. The truth is if you're in a good relationship and satisfied with that part of your life, you don't go acting like a pubescent moron around the women you work with and can actually be "friends" with them. This guy should have his ass sued to holy hell...

envy_me
12-23-2012, 08:01 PM
That's because you're basically comparing her to pictures of Olivia Mumford that you stare at here all day. I think in real life, she's probably a very sexy MILF, the kind I'd chew my arm off for...

And yes, this faggot dentist is a total chode with a miserable life and a hag wife. The truth is if you're in a good relationship and satisfied with that part of your life, you don't go acting like a pubescent moron around the women you work with and can actually be "friends" with them. This guy should have his ass sued to holy hell...

You rock!!! I agree with everything you just said.

LoungeMachine
12-23-2012, 08:17 PM
I prefer our system.

:lmao:

You commenting on sex in the workplace is the funniest fucking thing ever.....

:gulp:

Wait for the thread about socks found in the janitor's closet, then you can be an expert with an opinion.

Nickdfresh
12-23-2012, 08:23 PM

Especially when he worked in an all male prison... :)

sadaist
12-23-2012, 10:16 PM

Plenty of sex going on there. Not all consenting, still sex though.

ZahZoo
12-24-2012, 11:17 AM

Unfortunately two levels of the Iowa court system threw out her suit against this jackass...

I don't see how someone in this thread said she deserved being fired for how she dressed and she was going through a mid-life crisis... WTF bullshit is this? Have you been to a dentist lately?

I've never found medical scrubs in any shape, size or color to be anywhere near racy let alone sexy... Gimme a fuckin break...

envy_me
12-24-2012, 11:24 AM
Unfortunately two levels of the Iowa court system threw out her suit against this jackass...

I don't see how someone in this thread said she deserved being fired for how she dressed and she was going through a mid-life crisis... WTF bullshit is this? Have you been to a dentist lately?

I've never found medical scrubs in any shape, size or color to be anywhere near racy let alone sexy... Gimme a fuckin break...

Exactly. Nobody else had issues with her clothing, so she must have followed normal social rules. If she showed up in a bikini then more people would have reacted.
I'd be suprised if some organisation doesn't react to this.

You go girl!!! :-)

lesfunk
12-24-2012, 04:31 PM
We should fire Envy for being too Hot!

envy_me
12-24-2012, 04:33 PM

If I'm an employee, where the fuck is the money :D

Kristy
12-24-2012, 04:35 PM

She puts on her eyeliner with a toothbrush by the looks of it.

envy_me
12-24-2012, 05:29 PM
:girl-finger:

Kristy
12-24-2012, 06:35 PM
...and that you tried to thin your eyebrows with a dull kitchen knife. (Hello, Glamor Shots...?)

Nice jewelry, you accessorize like a $2 French whore.

envy_me
12-24-2012, 06:53 PM
Wow, you're more angry then usual. Since I kinda feel sorry for you, it's okay. Come on, let it all out.

Kristy
12-24-2012, 06:56 PM
Hey, do you use that same kitchen knife to cut yourself in the bathroom after you've been rejected - y'know, by the rest of society that doesn't live in a trailer park?

ELVIS
12-24-2012, 06:57 PM
I clean out my rancid hatchet wound with a toothbrush.

That's gross...

:elvis:

envy_me
12-24-2012, 06:58 PM
Hey, do you use that same kitchen knife to cut yourself in the bathroom after you've been rejected - y'know, by the rest of society that doesn't live in a trailer park?

Knife? Are you confused?

Kristy
12-24-2012, 07:00 PM
I guess I am. I gave you too much credit - no such thing a bathrooms in your trailer park, is there?

envy_me
12-24-2012, 07:01 PM

I guess I am. I gave you too much credit - no such thing a bathrooms in your trailer park, is there?

Are you having a breakdown or something?

LoungeMachine
12-24-2012, 07:03 PM
- y'know, by the rest of society that doesn't live in a trailer park?

Projection and jealousy....

Whatever makes you feel better, I guess. I think you need this site for your own self-esteem

LoungeMachine
12-24-2012, 07:04 PM
Are you having a breakdown or something?

This is a tough time of year for people who have no friends or family...

Let her vent.

Just be thankful you don't have this kind of hate in your life.

Kristy
12-24-2012, 07:06 PM
Oh look, F A T boy is here.

And he brought his cliches with him.

envy_me
12-24-2012, 07:07 PM
Let her vent.

That's what I'm doing :-)

LoungeMachine
12-24-2012, 07:07 PM

Speaking of "ghey" cliches.....

LoungeMachine
12-24-2012, 07:08 PM
She'll be on that second box of wine soon.....

envy_me
12-24-2012, 07:10 PM
Oh look, F A T boy is here.

And he brought his cliches with him.

Kristy, it has been fun fighting with you at times, but it's not fun anymore. You are obviously in a different state of mind. Is there anything I can do, for real? Even though we had our differences, you are a fellow human being. Seriously, let me know if I can help in any way.

Kristy
12-24-2012, 07:17 PM
She'll be on that second box of wine soon.....

Whereas you'll be on your fourth coronary

Seshmeister
12-24-2012, 07:28 PM
This is getting a bit tiresome.

The problem with your posts recently are that you can take it but you can't dish it out...

Anyhoo Happy Winter Solstice.

Kristy
12-24-2012, 07:45 PM
Kristy, it has been fun fighting with you at times, but it's not fun anymore. You are obviously in a different state of mind. Is there anything I can do, for real? Even though we had our differences, you are a fellow human being. Seriously, let me know if I can help in any way.

Apart from killing yourself...?

Naw, nothing you can do.

LoungeMachine
12-24-2012, 07:49 PM
Well this has been fun watching Krusty hate everyone and wish death upon others, but it's time for me to get ready for a nice dinner with friends and family....

Cheers, everyone.

Maybe you should go volunteer your time at a battered women's shelter or something productive, Krusty.

Kristy
12-24-2012, 07:54 PM
Well this has been fun watching Krusty hate everyone and wish death upon others, but it's time for me to get ready for a nice dinner with friends and family....

Cheers, everyone.

Maybe you should go volunteer your time at a battered women's shelter or something productive, Krusty.

Whatever, Mr. Obese America poster child

envy_me
12-24-2012, 08:03 PM
Come on, Kristy. How are you, girl?

fraroc
12-24-2012, 08:53 PM
Come on, Kristy. How are you, girl?

Her cooch is all dried up and nobody wants it.

cadaverdog
12-25-2012, 02:01 PM

Try reading the post for a change before you comment dickhead. I said I was in favor of employers deciding who they wanted to employ and who they didn't. If the dude really felt that this chick turned him on so much he couldn't work with her he needed to let her go he should have that right. In this case it was probably his wife that made that decision.

cadaverdog
12-25-2012, 02:07 PM
The prisoners in an all male prison (most prisons are either all male or female) would be males but that doesn't mean all the employees would be. Dipshit.

sadaist
12-25-2012, 02:12 PM
The prisoners in an all male prison (most prisons are either all male or female) would be males but that doesn't mean all the employees would be. Dipshit.

I always was perplexed seeing women in an all male prison. Nurses, psychologists, case workers, guards in some cases.....just seemed to be like a tease to a man locked up having a woman nearby.

cadaverdog
12-25-2012, 02:44 PM
I always was perplexed seeing women in an all male prison. Nurses, psychologists, case workers, guards in some cases.....just seemed to be like a tease to a man locked up having a woman nearby.
When I was in the Navy they would entertain us with Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders and such during times where we were out to sea for months at a time. You know some of them young squids were playing a little pocket pool while they were performing. I waited till I was back in my rack that evening. Funny how many fellas went to bed early that night. Of course that was before women were allowed on combatant ships. Any time there are woman on ships some of them will give it up for a little cash money.