PDA

View Full Version : It's Like Having Keith Moon In The Room......

Hardrock69
12-29-2012, 03:34 PM
....only safer.

http://i46.tinypic.com/v30ggm.jpg

Kristy
12-29-2012, 05:25 PM
I never much really cared for Keith Moon.

lesfunk
12-29-2012, 05:30 PM
Go figure!

VAiN
12-29-2012, 05:50 PM

No shit... I would have never guessed that.

Matt White
12-29-2012, 05:51 PM
Moon rocked!

He's kinda been forgotten by the younger generation...............

fit the WHO's music perfectly..........

Zac Starkey is the closest they've had to him....he was AWESOME (Zac) at that CONCERT FOR NEW YORK after 9/11....really good at that recent benefit show too!

Unchainme
12-29-2012, 05:57 PM

look at this person and their terrible opinions on everything.

Kristy
12-29-2012, 06:03 PM
No shit... I would have never guessed that.

The guy was a drunk, drug addict and a sloppy drummer. He deserved what he had coming to him.

BITEYOASS
12-29-2012, 06:08 PM
Did Keith Moon also bang Krusty up her crudder as well? :bigwink:

Unchainme
12-29-2012, 06:09 PM
The guy was a drunk, drug addict and a sloppy drummer. He deserved what he had coming to him.

who gives a shit?

Nickdfresh
12-29-2012, 07:55 PM

Except you have all their live shit. Maybe Kenny Jones rocked your little world...

sadaist
12-29-2012, 08:03 PM
He deserved what he had coming to him.

We all got it coming to us. Just a matter of when.

vandeleur
12-29-2012, 08:19 PM
I got a Keith moon tat , he fucking rocked . Any body says different knows fuck all about rock n roll .
Rock n roll is about charisma ... It's not university challenge, it's not x factor it's the fuck off factor

Any body who saw the kids are all right and didnt think moon was cool maybe needs to think about maybe listening to a different style of music .. Classical or opera . Rock n roll passed you by :)

FORD
12-29-2012, 08:41 PM
Kristy only hates Keith Moon because he was supposed to be the original drummer for Led Zeppelin, and actually came up with the band's name.

Moon actually DID take the stage with Zep once though...... and played the goddamn tambourine!!

Skip to 5:30 in the video to see Moon

FORD
12-29-2012, 08:45 PM
Except you have all their live shit. Maybe Kenny Jones rocked your little world...

Now wait a minute. Kenny Jones was a damn good drummer....... at least with the Faces!

Nickdfresh
12-29-2012, 08:49 PM
Now wait a minute. Kenny Jones was a damn good drummer....... at least with the Faces!

I don't disagree. He rocked it on the version of "Won't Get Fooled Again" on Who's Last?

He was no Keith Moon though. But by 1977, I'm not sure Keith Moon was Keith Moon anymore...

Kristy
12-30-2012, 01:19 AM

Bunch of bootlegs, too!

Hardrock69
12-30-2012, 02:48 AM
Yet you hate Keith Moon.

Makes perfect sense.

Keith played more than tambourine with Led Zep.

There was at least one gig at the L.A. Forum where the band set up a second drum kit for Keith.

envy_me
12-30-2012, 03:24 AM
I got a Keith moon tat , he fucking rocked . Any body says different knows fuck all about rock n roll .
Rock n roll is about charisma ... It's not university challenge, it's not x factor it's the fuck off factor

Any body who saw the kids are all right and didnt think moon was cool maybe needs to think about maybe listening to a different style of music .. Classical or opera . Rock n roll passed you by :)

EXACTLY!!! What happend to REAL rock'n roll?

philouze
12-30-2012, 07:01 AM
I don't fuckin care.

Keith.Moon.Is.God.

wolfsbane
01-01-2013, 04:54 PM
Keith Moon was amazing.

He was a Rock and Roll pioneer. If you don't like his music, that is ok. To say he wasn't one of the greatest drummers ever is naive. His playing was as sloppy as EVH guitar playing is sloppy. It is not perfectly on time, but it grooves around the beat. Keith's greatest playing is easiest to digest on Tommy, which he was basically a percussionist.

Keith was the original double bass drum player.

The rest of the Who were also pioneers. Townshend and Entwistle designed the Marshall stack. Townshend originated the recording of feedback on guitar. Entwistle changed to role and the sound of the bass. The Who orginated making a single video for a single song. Townshend originated the idea of a demo recording to demonstrate a song to for the band to record. Almost all of the laser technology used in concerts and stage shows today is from the Who. Daltrey originated the open shirt, curly haired, blonde frontman (isn't that special?)

Most of what we know as Rock and Roll was originated by the Who.

Keith's playing was only part of the constant competition between the band members. That was what the magic of the Who was.

And yous guys are right, the real Keith Moon disappeared into alcoholic dementia in 1976-77.