PDA

View Full Version : 2013 NFL Coaching Carousel

Little Texan
12-29-2012, 06:32 PM
So, who's getting canned after the season's over Sunday? Your predictions? Here's mine:

For sures

Norv Turner
Pat Shurmur
Rex Ryan
Andy Reid
Chan Gailey
Romeo Crennel

Maybes

Jason Garrett
Mike Mularkey
Ken Whisenhunt

Fairwrning
12-29-2012, 06:38 PM
Dallas needs to get to the Conf title game or Garret should be canned

Little Texan
12-29-2012, 06:41 PM
Dallas needs to get to the Conf title game or Garret should be canned

If Jones likes mediocrity, he will bring Garrett back for another season. If not, we'll see a coaching change.

Nickdfresh
12-29-2012, 07:50 PM
Jones can have the guy he "regretted" firing--Chan Gailey--when the season is over...

Kristy
12-30-2012, 01:07 PM
Norv Turner needs to up and fucking kill himself.

ELVIS
12-30-2012, 01:46 PM
Stop projecting...

Nickdfresh
12-30-2012, 03:02 PM
A timely Yahoo article (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/division-division-look-black-monday-possibilities-174945459--nfl.html) on all this...

Fairwrning
12-30-2012, 11:29 PM
Garret has to go..and take Romo with you..fuck..

TFM_Dale
12-31-2012, 12:34 AM

OK, who the fuck hacked warning's account? Not cool!

Finally seen the light! I'll get your Stafford shirt in the mail ASAP.

I picked up some Jackyl albums I didn't have on iTunes, they still rock, so glad you made that post the other day.

Little Texan
12-31-2012, 12:42 AM

Time for Jerry to clean house...starting with the coach, then the qb, then Rex Ryan's overrated brother...

Little Texan
12-31-2012, 12:46 AM
He also needs to cut everyone on the offensive line, with the possible exception of Tyron Smith.

TFM_Dale
12-31-2012, 12:46 AM
Time for Jerry to clean house...starting with the coach, then the qb, then Rex Ryan's overrated brother...

Jones will hire Rex, you watch.

Little Texan
12-31-2012, 12:49 AM

I wouldn't be a bit surprised. He'll make the wrong choice again, that's for sure.

Fairwrning
12-31-2012, 11:05 AM
They are dropping like flies this morning..

Fairwrning
12-31-2012, 11:08 AM
OK, who the fuck hacked warning's account? Not cool!

Finally seen the light! I'll get your Stafford shirt in the mail ASAP.

I picked up some Jackyl albums I didn't have on iTunes, they still rock, so glad you made that post the other day.

That last int was....cant even fuckin describe it..keep the Stafford shirt though..

Does Itunes sound as good as a disc?? I always buy the cd..just like having a hard copy..

Nickdfresh
12-31-2012, 01:45 PM
Thank God Gailey is gone. Thirteen years with no playoffs and the fifth coaching search in a decade...

Nickdfresh
12-31-2012, 02:17 PM
Am I the only one hear that thinks Rex Ryan is a dolt that should be fired? yet they keep him after canning the GM...

Little Texan
12-31-2012, 03:32 PM
Am I the only one hear that thinks Rex Ryan is a dolt that should be fired? yet they keep him after canning the GM...

No, he AND his brother both suck ass and should be fired from their respective jobs.

Little Texan
12-31-2012, 03:42 PM
They are dropping like flies this morning..

I was right about Crennel, Turner, Shurmur, Gailey, Whisenhunt and Reid, and wrong about Ryan, Garrett and Mularkey so far. Lovie...I didn't see that one coming, but should have. Dallas needs to fire Rob and hire Lovie as the defensive coordinator.

sadaist
12-31-2012, 11:54 PM
If anyone has a 14-2 juggernaut of a team & wants to send them to the bottom of their division fast.....Norv Turner is now available.

I've never seen anyone squander so much talent....this coming from a Van Halen fan who sat through years of zero output.

Fuck you Norv! Fuck you AJ Smith! Fuck you Spanos family!

Happy New Year Roth Army :)

......and GO CHARGERS!!!!

Little Texan
01-01-2013, 12:05 AM
If anyone has a 14-2 juggernaut of a team & wants to send them to the bottom of their division fast.....Norv Turner is now available.

I've never seen anyone squander so much talent....this coming from a Van Halen fan who sat through years of zero output.

I never understood why the Chargers canned Marty Schottenheimer after that terrific season they had that year and went with Norv Turner. That has to be one of the dumbest coaching changes ever made.

Little Texan
01-01-2013, 12:10 AM
After his less than impressive record as a head coach in the NFL I don't understand how he keeps getting these head coaching gigs. Norv isn't much of a head coach but he is one hell of an offensive coordinator.

twonabomber
01-01-2013, 07:45 AM
So does every team meet the requirements of the Rooney Rule by interviewing Crennel, or are there other viable minority coach and GM candidates?

Nickdfresh
01-01-2013, 11:13 AM
The Bills are interested in Lovie Smith...

Kristy
01-01-2013, 11:18 AM
The Bills...the biggest joke of the NFL next to The Jets. No one cares about your shitty team, Wiki boy. Not even the NFL itself.

Kristy
01-01-2013, 11:21 AM

Not even a chance. That creepy foot fetish fat fuck days are over in the NFL. Which is quite possibly the best story of 2013 thus far...

Nickdfresh
01-01-2013, 11:45 AM
The Bills...the biggest joke of the NFL next to The Jets....

No argument here, hipster-cunt. You forgot to put the Jags on the joke-wagon, because they actually hired our ex-coach Mularky...

No one cares about your shitty team, Wiki boy. Not even the NFL itself.

You did enough to comment on them...

sadaist
01-01-2013, 11:47 AM
The Bills...the biggest joke of the NFL next to The Jets. No one cares about your shitty team, Wiki boy. Not even the NFL itself.

Fuck, I forgot the Bills were even still a team.

Nickdfresh
01-01-2013, 11:50 AM

Most teams remember them when they see an easy victory on their schedule. It's what happens when you have a 94-year old owner who refuses to hire competences or pay real GM's and coaches and they win just enough games to never get a great draft pick because they never want to really rebuild--which is what they did in 84-85' and resulted in the Superbowl runs under Bill Polian...

Kristy
01-01-2013, 12:20 PM
No argument here, hipster-cunt. You forgot to put the Jags on the joke-wagon, because they actually hired our ex-coach Mularky...

You did enough to comment on them...

I'm no hipster you fucking assbag of Wiki shit.

Kristy
01-01-2013, 12:21 PM

So did the rest of the NFL.

Nickdfresh
01-01-2013, 12:31 PM
I'm no hipster you fucking assbag of Wiki shit.

Oh fucking please, you are the very definition of hipster you douche. With your stupid arbiter-of-cool pretensions. Fuck off, twat!

Kristy
01-01-2013, 12:38 PM
Oh fucking please, you are the very definition of hipster you douche. With your stupid arbiter-of-cool pretensions. Fuck off, twat!

You wouldn't know what a hipster was if one came up to you and evicted your FAT ass from your mother's basement.

TFM_Dale
01-01-2013, 12:41 PM
That last int was....cant even fuckin describe it..keep the Stafford shirt though..

Does Itunes sound as good as a disc?? I always buy the cd..just like having a hard copy..

ITunes audio is very good, I don't notice a difference at all. Just love the convienance of it.

TFM_Dale
01-01-2013, 12:44 PM

Chargers might be headed in the right direction now that they shit canned Turner, interested in who they hire.

sadaist
01-01-2013, 01:04 PM
Most teams remember them when they see an easy victory on their schedule. It's what happens when you have a 94-year old owner who refuses to hire competences or pay real GM's and coaches and they win just enough games to never get a great draft pick because they never want to really rebuild--which is what they did in 84-85' and resulted in the Superbowl runs under Bill Polian...

Theres always a handful of teams that stay in NFL oblivion for several years. The only ones that really hear of them are the ones in their division. If you are in another conference and never play them, you might not hear of them for a couple years.

Detroit would have been there if they didnt have the Thanksgiving game locked up for life. Rams, Cardinals, and Saints were there for a long time too.

Nickdfresh
01-01-2013, 01:06 PM
You wouldn't know what a hipster was if one came up to you and evicted your FAT ass from your mother's basement.

He'd be the doucheknozzle you'd be dating?

Nickdfresh
01-01-2013, 01:07 PM
Theres always a handful of teams that stay in NFL oblivion for several years. The only ones that really hear of them are the ones in their division. If you are in another conference and never play them, you might not hear of them for a couple years.

Detroit would have been there if they didnt have the Thanksgiving game locked up for life. Rams, Cardinals, and Saints were there for a long time too.

It's all in the organizational culture, The Bills are dysfunctional. The Raiders are the same way, only they have some homoerotic mystique to losers or something...

There was a brief period in the first seven games of the 11' season where there was quite a bit of buzz regarding them and Fitzpatrick--before they showed their true colors and began losing...

TFM_Dale
01-01-2013, 01:14 PM
Not even a chance. That creepy foot fetish fat fuck days are over in the NFL. Which is quite possibly the best story of 2013 thus far...

Keep your feet clean, you still have a chance, the F A G S kept his sorry ass.

TFM_Dale
01-01-2013, 01:21 PM
I pull for the Bills other then Freddie Fuck Head Jackson, still a fan from the Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed, and Bruce Smith days. Shame they never won a SB but hell of a run regardless.

TFM_Dale
01-01-2013, 01:26 PM

The Lions just keep breaking my heart, Schwartz needs to pull his head out of his ass now and keep control of the team this offseason or 2013 will be another long season. First player to be arrested or to make headlines for being a moron needs to be cut that day, and Titus Young should already be packed and heading to the nearest crack house.

Kristy
01-01-2013, 02:58 PM
He'd be the doucheknozzle you'd be dating?

No, so let me explain it for you (I know you must be lost when you can't Wiki everything) ....he'd be the douchenozzle that throws your fat ass into the street.

WARF
01-01-2013, 03:30 PM
My favorite bills player is OJ SIMPSON....

Nickdfresh
01-01-2013, 06:03 PM
No, so let me explain it for you (I know you must be lost when you can't Wiki everything) ....he'd be the douchenozzle that throws your fat ass into the street.

The only thing the doucheknozzles you date can throw is your anorexic, sociopathic ass to the curb...

Nickdfresh
01-01-2013, 06:04 PM
My favorite bills player is OJ SIMPSON....

That's like saying my favorite philosopher is Charles Manson...

Nickdfresh
01-01-2013, 06:05 PM
I pull for the Bills other then Freddie Fuck Head Jackson, still a fan from the Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed, and Bruce Smith days. Shame they never won a SB but hell of a run regardless.

Of all players to hate, Fred Jackson? Really? He's one of the only popular ones...

TFM_Dale
01-01-2013, 06:26 PM
Of all players to hate, Fred Jackson? Really? He's one of the only popular ones...

It really isn't his fault, has more to do with Poji's everlasting man love for him :bigwink:

Nickdfresh
01-01-2013, 07:35 PM
It really isn't his fault, has more to do with Poji's everlasting man love for him :bigwink:

Every time Fred Jackson walks around Buffalo, this song follows him around playing out of the aether!:

Kristy
01-01-2013, 07:46 PM
The only thing the doucheknozzles you date can throw is your anorexic, sociopathic ass to the curb...

Ooooh, I'm a anorexic sociopath now!:) If I didn't know any better I'd swear you're turning into a bitter grumpy old man. Your paranoia will probbaly be accusing me of stepping on your trailer park lawn next.

Nickdfresh
01-01-2013, 07:54 PM
Ooooh, I'm a anorexic sociopath now!:) If I didn't know any better I'd swear you're turning into a bitter grumpy old man.

You've always been a bitter, grumpy old man. So why do you give a fuck?

Your paranoia will probbaly be accusing me of stepping on your trailer park lawn next.

You should "probbaly" leave the insults to me. Your wine box is imploding...

LoungeMachine
01-01-2013, 08:04 PM
Ooooh, I'm a anorexic sociopath now!.

Now?

always been.

Your life must really suck if all you have going is constant sniping here, and regurgitating the same fat/moms basement/failure/unemployed trolls, over, and over, and over again...

:gulp:

You're a failure at everything, even trolling.

Fucking Gunt. :lmao:

LoungeMachine
01-01-2013, 08:07 PM
Here comes the "Hey, look F A T boy showed up" retort.

Same lame comeback he/she uses everytime I punch him/her in the junk.

Fucking Gunt. :lmao:

LoungeMachine
01-01-2013, 08:08 PM
"Oh, please die of a stroke F A T boy"

With her herpes riddled, alcohol soaked frame sinking deeper into her faux leather sofa.....

LoungeMachine
01-01-2013, 08:20 PM
61 chats?

He/she hangs out in the "chat room"

:lmao:

How ghey is that........ :gulp:

LoungeMachine
01-01-2013, 08:23 PM
Ooooh, I'm a anorexic sociopath now!:) .

You use an in this sentence, not a

Don't worry, former strippers usually have lousy grammar.

Little Texan
01-01-2013, 08:45 PM
Looks like Andy Reid is headed to the desert to take the Cardinals job.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8800439/andy-reid-favorite-become-arizona-cardinals-coach-sources

TFM_Dale
01-01-2013, 08:50 PM
Would be a good hire for them, just don't let him GM the team.

PETE'S BROTHER
01-01-2013, 09:01 PM
if he's bringin' an o-line with him

Nickdfresh
01-01-2013, 09:19 PM
Looks like Andy Reid is headed to the desert to take the Cardinals job.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8800439/andy-reid-favorite-become-arizona-cardinals-coach-sources

Lovie might be coming to Buffalo, then. They're (the new DO Russ Brandon and Nix) interviewing the ex-Arizona crew right now. They're also looking at Syracuse's coach and Denver's offensive coordinator...

Kristy
01-01-2013, 10:45 PM
You've always been a bitter, grumpy old man. So why do you give a fuck?

You should "probbaly" leave the insults to me. Your wine box is imploding...

All this time you've been insulting me via Wiki? Must be your "thing"

C'mon, you grumpy old paranoid fuck, you can do better..oh wait, you can't

Nickdfresh
01-01-2013, 10:53 PM
All this time you've been insulting me via Wiki? Must be your "thing"

C'mon, you grumpy old paranoid fuck, you can do better..oh wait, you can't

How drunk are you? Jesus...

http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/box_wine.jpg

Kristy
01-02-2013, 12:37 AM
Wiki must have one lame insult page.

Little Texan
01-04-2013, 10:33 PM
I'll be damned, Andy Reid winds up in KC.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8812387/andy-reid-reaches-agreement-next-coach-kansas-city-chiefs

Andy Reid became the next coach of the Kansas City Chiefs on Friday, the team announced on Twitter.

The length of the deal is five years, sources told the Associated Press. A news conference to introduce Reid is scheduled for Monday.

The deal reportedly will give the longtime Eagles coach broad authority over football decisions. His deal came hours after the Chiefs announced they had parted with general manager Scott Pioli after four tumultuous seasons.

The Chiefs held a meeting with the coaching staff on Friday morning, presumably to talk about Kansas City's job search and ongoing talks with Reid, according to sources.

Reid spent 1999-2012 as Philadelphia's coach, leading the Eagles to the playoffs nine times during that period. He won 130 regular-season games and 10 playoff games. The Chiefs, meanwhile, had 98 wins, three postseason appearances and no postseason wins under five different head coaches, according to ESPN Stats & Information.

"I'm definitely excited. You don't accidentally win 100 games over 10 years in this league. Obviously, the guy knows how to coach and win. It's definitely something we need," Chiefs offensive lineman Eric Winston said on "SVP & Russillo" on ESPN Radio.

Reid will inherit a team that went 2-14, matching the worst record in franchise history. But he'll also have the No. 1 pick in the NFL draft, and with five players voted to the Pro Bowl, Kansas City has building blocks in place to make a quick turnaround.

Reid has experience turning around franchises, too.

He took over a team in Philadelphia that was just 3-13, but two years later went 11-5 and finished second in the NFC East. That began a stretch of five straight years in which Reid won at least 11 games and included a trip to the Super Bowl after the 2004 season.

"Congratulations to Clark Hunt and the Kansas City Chiefs for hiring a good man and a good coach," Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie said Friday night. "We wish Andy, (wife) Tammy and their entire family all the best in their new home."

The fresh start afforded by the Chiefs should be welcomed by Reid.

Despite a 130-93-1 record and the most wins in Eagles history, he was just 12-20 in the past two seasons. Reid also dealt with personal tragedy when his oldest son, Garrett, died during training camp after a long battle with drug addiction.

Little Texan
01-08-2013, 11:55 PM
Jerry Jones fired Rex Ryan's overrated, hack brother. Bigmouth says he made that defense alot better than it was and that he'll be without a job for about 5 minutes. We'll see...

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/8826772/rob-ryan-fired-dallas-cowboys-defensive-coordinator

Cowboys fire DC Rob Ryan
By Calvin Watkins
ESPNDallas.com

The Dallas Cowboys informed defensive coordinator Rob Ryan on Tuesday he would not be returning to run the team's defense in 2013-14.

More Rob Ryan Coverage

Turns out, Jerry Jones was right -- things are uncomfortable for the Cowboys right now, writes Dan Graziano. Blog

Ryan had one year remaining on a three-year contract.

"I want to express my appreciation to Rob for all of his efforts and contributions to the Cowboys over the past two years," Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said in a statement. "At this time, the decision has been made to move forward in a different direction philosophically on defense. I have an immense amount of respect for Rob as a person and as a football coach and I wish him and his family the very best."

Ryan's defense finished 19th overall, 17th against the run and 21st against the pass.

His defense missed five defensive starters due to injuries and two more key backups.

"I inherited a team that was 31st in the league in defense and made them better," Ryan told ESPNDallas.com's Tim MacMahon. "I (expletive) made them a hell of a lot better. I'll be out of work for like five minutes."

When the Cowboys' season ended, it appeared Garrett was giving Ryan a vote of confidence for a return in 2013.

Ryan I inherited a team that was 31st in the league in defense and made them better. I (expletive) made them a hell of a lot better. I'll be out of work for like five minutes.
” -- Rob Ryan

"I thought Rob did a really good job," Garrett said. "I stood up here a number of times and said you don't want to talk about injuries and we're not talking about them now but in answering your question I'm going to say that it was a real challenge for (Ryan). If you think about the number of guys we lost on defense, starting, marquee players who are just simply out, and the other guys who are battling through injuries and the challenges he had bringing guys from the practice squad up, from off the street and on our team and literally playing them two days later."

But a few days after Garrett's comments, team owner and general manager Jerry Jones said changes were needed after an 8-8 finish and he was going to make people uncomfortable at Valley Ranch. Jones wouldn't commit to any coach other than Garrett.

On Monday, Jones spoke to the entire coaching staff and running backs coach Skip Peete was told he wouldn't return. Most of the coaching staff left the Dallas area for a brief vacation.

Ryan was on vacation in the Turks and Caicos Islands when he was told by phone he wouldn't return.

"I think I did a good job and I think our staff did a good job on defense trying to compete with what we had at the end of the year," Ryan told MacMahon. "But the best job we did was when we were able to coach our starters."

Ryan's best defensive player, outside linebacker DeMarcus Ware played with one arm in the last two games because of injuries to his elbow and shoulder. His starting safety, Gerald Sensabaugh, played with a bad hip.

BigBadBrian
01-10-2013, 06:48 AM
Jerry Jones fired Rex Ryan's overrated, hack brother. Bigmouth says he made that defense alot better than it was and that he'll be without a job for about 5 minutes. We'll see...

Rob Ryan was correct...he won't have a problem getting another job.

He's pretty well-thought-of my most league execs. I didn't think the Cowboy's D was that bad this year.

The main problem with the Cowboys is Jerry Jones. The man just doesn't know football like he thinks he does. He should get a real GM and spend his afternoons in strip clubs.

And when the hell are the Cowboys going to realize Romo isn't going to take them to the promised land?

BigBadBrian
01-10-2013, 06:51 AM
Also, I heard on ESPN yesterday that Cowher is definitely not entertaining offers to coach at least in this off-sesason. I can imagine making several million with stable working hours is hard to let go of.

Nickdfresh
01-10-2013, 08:18 AM
Rob Ryan was correct...he won't have a problem getting another job.

He's pretty well-thought-of my most league execs. I didn't think the Cowboy's D was that bad this year.

The main problem with the Cowboys is Jerry Jones. The man just doesn't know football like he thinks he does. He should get a real GM and spend his afternoons in strip clubs.

And when the hell are the Cowboys going to realize Romo isn't going to take them to the promised land?

Since the Bills just hired the Jet's ex-defensive coordinator Pettine, there's a chance he might be working with his brother in NYC...

Nickdfresh
01-10-2013, 08:19 AM
Also, I heard on ESPN yesterday that Cowher is definitely not entertaining offers to coach at least in this off-sesason. I can imagine making several million with stable working hours is hard to let go of.

He also has kids in college, and he might not be worth the hype and money being away from the game for so long...

Little Texan
01-10-2013, 08:24 AM

Very true.

TFM_Dale
01-17-2013, 10:43 AM
Any opinions on the Bears hiring Trestman?

chefcraig
01-17-2013, 11:45 AM
Any opinions on the Bears hiring Trestman?

I'd be concerned, seeing as he worked for Miami during the dreaded "Dave Wannstedt/Nosedive into mediocrity" era.

TFM_Dale
01-17-2013, 11:55 AM
I'd be concerned, seeing as he worked for Miami during the dreaded "Dave Wannstedt/Nosedive into mediocrity" era.

Kind of my thoughts to, didn't really understand the hire but thought maybe I missed something. Not very often Head coaches are hired from the CFL.

Nickdfresh
01-17-2013, 05:41 PM

He's awful. I think I could have coached a better defense than he did this year for the Bills, seriously. He had a fair amount of talent, but they were so bad at points it looked like they were trying to suck...