PDA

View Full Version : The Statute of Limitations should NOT be put in place for child abuse

fraroc
12-30-2012, 09:13 AM
I recently saw the video that was released about a year ago. It was of Judge William Adams physically, verbally and emotionally abusing his daughter Hillary Adams by cursing at her, pulling her hair and beating her with a belt 17 times. I would post the link, but I am so fucking disgusted by that video I can't bear to watch it again. I have so much to say after watching that video on youtube, but I've been at a total loss of words for the past few days. All I got to say is there is NOTHING that warrants that kind of treatment. Even if Hillary Adams did download illegal music or games on her dad's computer, it does NOT warrant being thrown on her bed, having her hair pulled several times, and being beat seventeen times with a belt. And not only that, but I saw the video. William Adams also makes several verbal threats to beat her into a coma, and he even threatened to DISOWN her. If I did the same thing that Hillary Adams did as a kid, my Mom or Dad would have said "NO COMPUTER/DESSERT FOR A WEEK!" and that's that. I would have learned my lesson. Hillary Adams is a grown adult now at 23, and she's reveal that the beating the video was not the first, she was abused her entire natural-born life by Judge William Adams, both verbal and physical.Is William Adams such a fucking loser that he feels like he should be all 'tough guy' with a 16 year old girl? I'm sure everyone who watched the video who is against beating or corperal punishment wants to strangle that peice of shit with that belt. In fact, this was basically my reaction to the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvJWLDvgQVM

A lot of people are saying stuff like "Texas is the uncleaned asshole of America" I wouldn't be hating on Texas just yet, because the people of Texas tried to get him charged on child and domestic abuse but there were no charges pressed due to a statute of limitations. The beating occured in 2004 and now it's 2012. In my opinion, The statute of limitations should NEVER be put in place for child abuse or even domestic abuse of any kind. It's not put in place for murder, it shouldn't be in place for child abuse.

I'm on the fence when it comes to spanking as discipline, I can understand a slap on the behind or having privledges taken away for a week, but I can never understand why some parents support using the belt. Common arguments say that the reason why this generation of teens are so out of control is because their parents didn't beat them. Studies show that's bullshit, becuase juvenile delinquents usually come from abusive families, not the other way around.

ZahZoo
12-30-2012, 11:01 AM
Corporal punishment loses almost all effectiveness once a kid turns about 4-5... I'm not advocating striking your kids. But a slap on the hand when they've tried to stick a fork in a power outlet for the 3rd time generally gets the message across.

Child abuse in certain forms is a grey area... cultural norms from one time or even culture to another can vary significantly. So it's difficult to define what is abuse and what isn't.

Parenting is a tough job... there's no formal training... no definitive manual... you go on your own creativity and what your parents did to you.

No... you can't have a no statute of limitations in this area. There's no reason my 82 year old mother should be imprisoned for whacking me with a wooden spoon or slapping my face because I was bratty teenager with a foul mouth 40 years ago.

cadaverdog
12-30-2012, 11:37 AM
My ex used to beat her adopted son with a belt when he'd do something extra fucked up. I stopped her after the first time I witnessed this not because I don't believe in spankings but because she was out of control with the belt. He'd squirm and she'd hit him in the back, the legs, wherever the belt landed. I told her all it would take was one teacher to see belt marks on the boy and she'd get busted. I suggested a paddle. And only on the butt. He could take anything she could dish out with the paddle on the butt until I made him drop his drawers for his paddling after I found out he was wearing four or five pairs of underwear to soften the impact. One smack on the bare ass and he was ready to repent. I'm sure the embarrassment from having to drop his drawers in front of people had a little impact too. My dad used to beat my older brothers with the belt when they were teenagers. I was too young for belt beatings then. By the time I was old enough I was bigger than my dad. I would just disarm him if he even thought of trying. One day he punched me in the mouth because I said he couldn't make me get a haircut. It hurt but I shrugged it off like I didn't feel it, spit out a little blood and told pops never attempt that again or else. He never did. It was a bluff that worked. I would never hit my father. But he didn't know that at the time. My older brother beat up dad when he was drunk and couldn't defend himself. I put big brother in the hospital for that one. I think some physical punishment is needed at times as long as it doesn't go too far. Our laws are based on crime and punishment. The faster the kids learn that the better.
Gotta agree on the statute of limitation thing. It's impossible to prove you didn't do something if the other persons accusations are enough to get you convicted. Too many people who thought they were abused as children or were opposed to any physical punishment would be sympathetic and convict without any real evidence.

Nickdfresh
12-30-2012, 02:32 PM
I recently saw the video that was released about a year ago. It was of Judge William Adams physically, verbally and emotionally abusing his daughter Hillary Adams by cursing at her, pulling her hair and beating her with a belt 17 times. I would post the link, but I am so fucking disgusted by that video I can't bear to watch it again...

I've seen the video on CNN, and it's creepy beyond belief and bordering on sexual abuse...