PDA

View Full Version : For All You Fans Of H.P. Lovecraft.....CTHULU FTNG!

Hardrock69
01-01-2013, 06:21 AM
ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

( In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming)

Mr. Peabody's Last Lecture

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvTL9c0GKtE

Another pompous idiot.....who dares to discuss forbidden knowledge. :lmao:

ia ia shub niggurath!

ia! ia! cthulhu fhtagn!

vandeleur
01-01-2013, 07:29 AM
That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die :D

katina
01-01-2013, 07:40 AM
The Necronomicon is a very powerful and dangerous book, who dare to read it will meet a terrible end.
The University of Buenos Aires keeps the copy of The Necronomicon in a secret vault, so nobody could read it or steal it, but there were attempts...

Hardrock69
01-01-2013, 04:27 PM
Really?

Attempts to steal a book that is fiction? ;)

The Necronomicon is not real. It was a fictional book H.P. Lovecraft invented for use in his stories.

Since then, publishers have printed actual Necronomicon books for sale, but as they are fiction, they are just books for fans of HP Lovecraft to have.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Necronomicon

vandeleur
01-01-2013, 04:33 PM
On the subject I watched Cthulhu recently it's a riff on shadow over innsmouth it was ok .. Lovecraft is really been done well on movie . If at all .

katina
01-01-2013, 09:38 PM
Really?

Attempts to steal a book that is fiction? ;)

The Necronomicon is not real. It was a fictional book H.P. Lovecraft invented for use in his stories.

Since then, publishers have printed actual Necronomicon books for sale, but as they are fiction, they are just books for fans of HP Lovecraft to have.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Necronomicon

:headlights: Really? You canīt be serious, I was joking
I was following the idea, after Vandeleur quoted the Necronomicon. The University of Buenos Aires was one of the five institutions that had a copy of the original Necronomicon, in Lovecraft fictional stories.
The funny note is, the University of Bs. As. never had a Library, even nowadays, this is something we know here (Lovecraft readers), this is why I wrote that the book is kept in a secret vault.

ELVIS
01-01-2013, 09:45 PM
The Necronomicon is a very powerful and dangerous book, who dare to read it will meet a terrible end.
The University of Buenos Aires keeps the copy of The Necronomicon in a secret vault, so nobody could read it or steal it, but there were attempts...

:biggrin:

Hardrock69
01-01-2013, 10:25 PM
:headlights: Really? You canīt be serious, I was joking
I was following the idea, after Vandeleur quoted the Necronomicon. The University of Buenos Aires was one of the five institutions that had a copy of the original Necronomicon, in Lovecraft fictional stories.
The funny note is, the University of Bs. As. never had a Library, even nowadays, this is something we know here (Lovecraft readers), this is why I wrote that the book is kept in a secret vault.

I see. Well, yes. You are correct. It is kept in a secret vault so no one can steal it. :hee:

Coyote
01-01-2013, 11:07 PM
Klaatu Barata Necktie!

Oh wait, wrong Necronomicon... My error...

sadaist
01-02-2013, 12:46 AM
Several years back, World Of Warcraft had an expansion that dealt a lot with old Gods. A few raids were installed with them and a lot of lore. Some really great artwork and animations not to mention the great story lines. I always dig that kind of stuff.

Plus no one will ever top James Hetfields epic line and gruffy growl....

Not dead which eternal lie.....stranger aeon death may die

at 4:36

ZahZoo
01-02-2013, 10:33 AM
No se hablo...

katina
01-02-2013, 12:36 PM
Donīt tell me that my words "The Necronomicon is a very powerful and dangerous book, who dare to read it will meet a terrible end" are true also :lmao:

In that case I want to point out, that I donīt wish a terrible end to anybody. I just remembered, that I made a list of 10 corrupted people, mostly "politicians" in the Roth Army Dead Poll Thread, could be possible that those people read the Necronomicon and die?, the world will be a better place without them. :)

And back on topic, some years ago I bought the book "H.P. Lovecraft: Contre le monde, contre la vie " by the controversial Michel Houellebecq, a very interesting analysis of the life and work of H.P. Lovecraft, I have the spanish edition, I highly recommend it.

vandeleur
01-02-2013, 12:42 PM
On the subject I watched Cthulhu recently it's a riff on shadow over innsmouth it was ok .. Lovecraft is really been done well on movie . If at all .

Oops just re read that I meant rarely ...

Zing!
01-02-2013, 03:48 PM
Klaatu Barata Necktie!

Oh wait, wrong Necronomicon... My error...

Heh heh... Someone had to say it.

ELVIS
01-02-2013, 03:53 PM
Klaatu...

Barada...

Nikto...

Hardrock69
01-02-2013, 06:59 PM
I thought that version of Night Gallery was really kickass!!!

Most of the public does not know who HP was....they think it is a computer manufacturer, lol.

But for those of us who know.....to click on that and suddenly realize what it is all about....is really a scream!

Because we KNOW why the thunderstorm erupted suddenly.

Though I would have preferred a more dramatic ending:

WIDE ANGLE SHOT - Front of Classroom - The floor suddenly cracks open, and large, slimy, black tentacles with a smell of burning sulfur erupt from the hole in the floor, grab Professor Peabody, and drag him shrieking down into the hole, after which the hole closes up, with no evidence it had ever opened in the first place.....

Begin Ending Monologue by R. Serling.
Cut to end credits.

Hardrock69
01-04-2013, 02:30 PM
Interesting! There is going to be a convention of HP Lovecraft fans this coming August!

The organizers are trying to raise funds to make it happen:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1012394762/necronomicon-the-premier-lovecraft-convention-in-p