PDA

View Full Version : Attack of the Killer Drones

ELVIS
01-03-2013, 10:08 AM
Aljazeera (http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia/2013/01/2013135203260995.html)

Two US drone strikes in the Pakistan tribal regions bordering Afghanistan have killed at least nine people, including a senior tribal leader who was known to have ties to the Afghan Taliban, Pakistani intelligence officials have said.

Six people, including Taliban-linked commander Mullah Nazir, who also had a truce with Pakistan's military, were killed in the strike in South Waziristan and three others were killed in the second strike in the North, officials said on Thursday.

According to the officials, the US drone fired two missiles at Nazir's home in the Sar Kanda area of Birmil in Pakistan's northwestern tribal district of South Waziristan.

They spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to brief the media.

"The attack by a US drone late last night targeted a house in the An-goor Adda area in South Waziristan on the Afghan border," Al Jazeera's Kamal Hyder reported.

"Mullah Nazir was among those killed. The strike happened at a time when the US wants to talk with the Taliban... this is a major setback."

Nazir reached a peace deal with Islamabad in 2007 and had testy relations with the Pakistani Taliban, who are fighting a domestic insurgency.

His death may have significance on US-led efforts to hold at bay an 11-year insurgency in neighbouring Afghanistan, where he opposed the presence of US and NATO troops since foreign troops brought down the Taliban regime in 2001.

Nazir was also understood to be close to the al-Qaeda-linked Haqqani network, a faction of the Afghan Taliban blamed for some of the most high-profile attacks in Afghanistan and the capital Kabul in recent years.

Two of his influential deputies, Atta Ullah and Rafey Khan, were among those killed, the official added, and Nazir's fighters have been targeted by US drone strikes in the past.

Civilian casualties

Another US drone fired two missiles at a vehicle carrying fighters in northwest Pakistan, killing at least three people near the Afghan border, local security officials said.

The missiles struck the vehicle in Mubarak Shahi village, 20km east of Miranshah, the main town in North Waziristan tribal district, a stronghold of Taliban and al-Qaeda-linked fighters.

"There has been no confirmation of the exact target in the northern Waziristan strike... but that region has received the highest intensity of strikes," Hyder reported.

Another security official in the northwestern city of Peshawar confirmed the attack and casualties.

Both officials said the identity of those killed was not yet known.

The covert US drone strikes are publicly criticised by the Pakistani government as a violation of sovereignty but American officials believe they are a vital weapon in the war against insurgency in the country.

In September, a report commissioned by legal lobby group, Reprieve, estimated that between 474 and 881 civilians were among 2,562 to 3,325 people killed by drones in Pakistan between June 2004 and September 2012.

:mad2:

DLR Bridge
01-03-2013, 01:01 PM
Reprieve, estimated that between 474 and 881 civilians were among 2,562 to 3,325 people killed by drones in Pakistan between June 2004 and September 2012.

Not exactly surgical, huh? Yikes.

BigBadBrian
01-03-2013, 01:32 PM
Two US drone strikes in the Pakistan tribal regions bordering Afghanistan have killed at least nine people, including a senior tribal leader who was known to have ties to the Afghan Taliban, Pakistani intelligence officials have said.

I've read so many books and periodical articles about the war in Afghanistan lately that I wonder if we shouldn't be whacking certain Pakistanis for betraying us.

I couldn't give a hoot in Hell about Palistanis being killed by drones.

They actively aid al-Qaeda and the Taliban against US Forces. They knowingly hid Osama bin Laden.

Fuck them.

Fuck algore-jazeera also.

DLR Bridge
01-03-2013, 01:43 PM
Fuck them.

Including civilians? You're one hostile bird.

ELVIS
01-03-2013, 10:44 PM
I've read so many books and periodical articles about the war in Afghanistan lately that I wonder if we shouldn't be whacking certain Pakistanis for betraying us.

"We" shouldn't be whacking anyone...

We need to bring out troops home from that shit hole...

I couldn't give a hoot in Hell about Palistanis being killed by drones.

That's a fucked up thing to say...

They actively aid al-Qaeda and the Taliban against US Forces. They knowingly hid Osama bin Laden.

US forces shouldn't be there, and they didn't hide shit, Bin Laden was dead at the time...

Fuck them.

Fuck algore-jazeera also.

You're a real piece of propaganda believing work...

And you call yourself a Christian but say "fuck them" regarding civilian casualties ??

I'm gonna tell you like John Boner...

Go fuck yourself...

:elvis:

ELVIS
01-03-2013, 10:46 PM
AFP (http://www.france24.com/en/20130104-saudi-jets-bolster-us-drone-attacks-yemen-report) - Saudi Arabia has provided fighter jets to assist the United States with its drone strikes against Al-Qaeda targets in Yemen, the London Times reported on Friday.

US drones are backing Yemeni forces combating militants of Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP). The group's Yemen branch is considered by Washington to be the most active and deadliest franchise of the global jihadist network.

The Times cited a US intelligence source as saying that "some of the so-called drone missions are actually Saudi Air Force missions".

US drone attacks in Yemen nearly tripled in 2012 compared to 2011, according to the Washington-based think tank New America Foundation, and for the first time totalled more than in Pakistan last year.

A new US drone strike on Thursday killed three Al-Qaeda suspects in the town of Rada in Yemen's central Al-Bayda province, the site of similar recent attacks, tribal sources there said.

AQAP took advantage of the weakness of Yemen's central government during an uprising in 2011 against now ousted president Ali Abdullah Saleh, seizing large swathes of territory across the south.

But after a month-long offensive launched in May last year by Yemeni troops, most militants fled to the more lawless desert regions of the east.

Nickdfresh
01-04-2013, 03:08 AM
Don't we already have a bunch of drone threads?

BigBadBrian
01-04-2013, 05:53 AM
You're a real piece of propaganda believing work...

And you call yourself a Christian but say "fuck them" regarding civilian casualties ??

There are no civilians in those border Afghan/Pakistani villages. They're all basically combatants. Women hide weapons for the men up in the mountains so the men are never caught with weapons on them. All they have to do is climb into their prepared position and start plucking away at US Forces. Kids are used to carry ammo and perform reconnaissance. I'm not saying we should deliberately target women and children, but it's hard to feel sorry for a culture that uses their women and children that way.

Read about the Battle of Wanat, the Battle of Ganjgal, or life at the Korengal Outpost for an in-depth view.

Here's a few books I've recently read and can recommend:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51KD3WpEr1L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpghttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51A3yu6v83L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51s6TjAHqRL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpghttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51rTlgxYvUL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

BigBadBrian
01-04-2013, 06:05 AM
Here's RESTREPO, about a Platoon serving at an outpost in the Korengal (also spelled Korangal) Valley in Kunar Province. Restrepo is the name of a medic who was killed soon after he arrived there and is also a name of one of their sub-outposts, you might say. Watch it if you have the time. It's the video complement to the book WAR in my post above.

Seshmeister
01-04-2013, 06:51 AM
There are no civilians in those border Afghan/Pakistani villages. They're all basically combatants. Women hide weapons for the men up in the mountains so the men are never caught with weapons on them. All they have to do is climb into their prepared position and start plucking away at US Forces. Kids are used to carry ammo and perform reconnaissance. I'm not saying we should deliberately target women and children, but it's hard to feel sorry for a culture that uses their women and children that way.

Read about the Battle of Wanat, the Battle of Ganjgal, or life at the Korengal Outpost for an in-depth view.

Here's a few books I've recently read and can recommend:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41DSp9Ug-FL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU02_.jpghttp://u1.ipernity.com/11/55/43/4835543.7715779a.560.jpg
http://getfile6.posterous.com/getfile/files.posterous.com/charlesg/jukpxIgcgdsmaxbrHcbxmdjHjCvlsltyFEHabdzkzfEAlEhnux utdzhdjdlJ/media_httpwwwboingboi_yCtuD.jpg.scaled500.jpghttp://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKjNpnKM38hKpAzpNUfcBiiRQLY9sjJ HXPXmcfzOemOqG-vSyX8zKTwiEvdQ

The first step is ALWAYS to dehumanise the people you want killed...

BigBadBrian
01-04-2013, 08:53 AM
The first step is ALWAYS to dehumanise the people you want killed...

Leave it to a punk liberal to mock men and women dying in a war. Typical of Sesh.

Seshmeister
http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/customavatars/avatar11_4.gif = PUSSY
ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

ELVIS
01-04-2013, 09:06 AM
Hitler had propaganda books as well...

You might be interested in:

Brundibar

Rassenkunde des deutschen Volkes

Rasse und Seele

Der Giftpilz

These propaganda books were intended to do exactly what Sesh pointed out, to dehumanize "inferior" races...

I'm sure you'll enjoy them, Mr. History buff...:biggrin:

ELVIS
01-04-2013, 09:15 AM
And here's some real reading from your most beloved Reagan...

"Perhaps we didn’t appreciate fully enough the depth of the hatred and the complexity of the problems that made the Middle East such a jungle. Perhaps the idea of a suicide car bomber committing mass murder to gain instant entry to Paradise was so foreign to our own values and consciousness that it did not create in us the concern for the marines’ safety that it should have.

In the weeks immediately after the bombing, I believe the last thing that we should do was turn tail and leave. Yet the irrationality of Middle Eastern politics forced us to rethink our policy there. If there would be some rethinking of policy before our men die, we would be a lot better off. If that policy had changed towards more of a neutral position and neutrality, those 241 marines would be alive today."

ELVIS
01-04-2013, 09:18 AM
Imagine how many soldiers would still be alive today had the US and the British not tried to control the Middle East oil for the last nearly 100 years...

Satan
01-04-2013, 09:20 AM
Yep, Reagan "cut and run" (as Repukes always call it).

He also knew that Social Security had nothing to do with the deficit. How long before Jerksmear calls him a "commie lib"?

Va Beach VH Fan
01-04-2013, 09:52 AM
Imagine how many soldiers would still be alive today had the US and the British not tried to control the Middle East oil for the last nearly 100 years...

Marines, not soldiers....

ELVIS
01-04-2013, 10:11 AM
I was trying to group all service branches deployed to the land of sand with "soldier", but point taken...

There would be a hell of a lot of Marines still alive...

And even a larger number would still have their limbs, or their sanity...

jhale667
01-04-2013, 12:31 PM
Leave it to a liberal to own me into fucking oblivion. Typical of Sesh.

Seshmeister
http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/customavatars/avatar11_4.gif = PWNED ME!
ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Fixed.

BigBadBrian
01-04-2013, 01:02 PM
Fixed.

I'm glad you're "fixed." You shouldn't be allowed to procreate.

jhale667
01-04-2013, 04:34 PM
I'm glad you're "fixed." You shouldn't be allowed to procreate.

Sadder still - you have.

Nickdfresh
01-04-2013, 06:44 PM
There are no civilians in those border Afghan/Pakistani villages. They're all basically combatants. Women hide weapons for the men up in the mountains so the men are never caught with weapons on them. ...Kids are used to carry ammo and perform reconnaissance....

Um, why the fuck would they even need women and children to carry ammo to them? I'm pretty sure they're not going through checkpoints...

And if a woman carried a weapon the Revolutionary War, she was called a "Patriot" and if the British killed her, they were vilified and unjust, inhuman cunts...

Nickdfresh
01-04-2013, 06:47 PM

Fine. But you're the one posting masturbatory tributes to sports cars and your Dodge. If you're going to post shit like this, at least drive a hybrid, you vain cunt!

ELVIS
01-04-2013, 07:25 PM
Now my wife and I drive a Suburban and a Yukon XL Denali...:biggrin:

ELVIS
01-04-2013, 07:26 PM
Um, why the fuck would they even need women and children to carry ammo to them? I'm pretty sure they're not going through checkpoints...

Because he read it in a propaganda book...

Nickdfresh
01-04-2013, 07:27 PM

So you drive dad's cars?

ELVIS
01-04-2013, 07:28 PM
Dad's car ??

The Denali is Bad-Ass...

Satan
01-04-2013, 07:39 PM

Why the HELL would you own both a Suburban AND a Yukon. Isn't one gas guzzling behemoth enough??

ELVIS
01-04-2013, 07:43 PM
My suburban gets 20 mpg and the Denali gets 17-19...

jhale667
01-05-2013, 01:35 PM
My suburban gets 20 mpg and the Denali gets 17-19...

You're bragging about getting less than 30 mph??

Nickdfresh
01-05-2013, 02:52 PM
You're bragging about getting less than 30 mph??

And having four wheel drives in a place that never gets snow...

ELVIS
01-06-2013, 09:23 AM
My Suburban is my work vehicle and we traded the Challenger on the Denali to use to pull out travel trailer...

And no, we don't live in the trailer...

ELVIS
01-06-2013, 09:28 AM
Jan. 4, 2013 (www.businessinsider.com/drone-toy-for-kids-draws-criticism-2013-1#ixzz2HCmLjs2d)

http://static4.businessinsider.com/image/50e71ec4eab8eaac23000002-471-400-/drone-1.png

The Amazon page for Maisto's miniature RQ-1 Predator Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) has become a sounding board for Americans disgusted with their government's targeted killing program.

The armed RQ-1 Predator drone is a MALE (medium-altitude, long-endurance) UAV system that has been deployed in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Bosnia, Serbia, Iraq, Somalia and Yemen.

Here are just a few of the reviews:

"Whether your violating constitutional rights at home, or bombing children abroad, this toy's perfect for all clandestine missions! Double tap strike to triple your pleasure and casualties!"

"The coolest detail about this toy are the small body fragments you can litter around your target area following a drone missile strike on a wedding party. THEN (this is where the real fun begins) you circle back in an hour and fire MORE missiles at the people rescuing survivors and mourning the dead! Sure if another country did such a thing we'd decry it as heinous terrorism, but when good Ol' Uncle Sam's finger is on the joystick, you can bet that we call what we hit our target, no matter what."

"Nothing teaches your kids about the fact that they may one day be the target of an extra-judicious execution by executive order via a flying death robot from the movie Terminator, then this beautiful piece of replica toy war crimes."

"I really wanted to show my toddler that it's okay to murder people and still come out a "hero" as long as you're in an air conditioned trailer remotely operating a Predator Drone 10,000 miles away in Pakistan.
I mean, if the government sanctions murder, it must be ok, right?"

"... I bought ten of these for my boy because, as he so rightly says, "So many countries, so little time". He hasn't played with his Matchbox V2 Buzz Bomb once since he became a "Drone Operator". It's given him a real grasp of imperialism, murder of innocents, the art of war and the complex geography of the Middle East. Thank You Maisto, we look forward to your Cluster Bomb, Land Mine and Gas canister multi pack with anticipation hitherto unseen."

BigBadBrian
01-06-2013, 09:40 AM

Women[/url] and children were never directly targeted even though they did carry ammo and weapons.

Instead of questioning me, why don't you question Dakota Meyer or Sean Parnell? Read their books before popping off on something you obviously know nothing about.

Elroy, just because infowars doesn't list or recommend a book doesn't mean it's propaganda. Pull your head out of your ass.

BigBadBrian
01-06-2013, 09:41 AM
And no, we don't live in the trailer...

Yeah.....Riiiiight.

ELVIS
01-06-2013, 10:25 AM
Elroy, just because infowars doesn't list or recommend a book doesn't mean it's propaganda. Pull your head out of your ass.

Bing West is their propaganda ghost writer to rally right wing nuts like you around these useless wars...

Listen to this bullshit...

Nevermind, I'm sure you believe it...

Nickdfresh
01-06-2013, 01:17 PM
Women[/url] and children were never directly targeted even though they did carry ammo and weapons.

Instead of questioning me, why don't you question Dakota Meyer or Sean Parnell? Read their books before popping off on something you obviously know nothing about.

Directly targeted or not, they're just as dead and feed into the ultimate cycle of hatred and violence. I agree there aren't too many alternatives to drone strikes, but let's not be hypocrites on the killing of noncombatants...

And were Myers and Parnell in Pakistan?

ELVIS
01-06-2013, 01:57 PM
There is an alternative to drone strikes...

No drones, no troops...

Leave the land of sand people alone...

BTW, blowback from these drone strikes is coming...

Hope you like it...

Nickdfresh
01-06-2013, 02:01 PM
There is an alternative to drone strikes...

No drones, no troops...

Leave the land of sand people alone...

BTW, blowback from these drone strikes is coming...

Hope you like it...

Why would you worry about "blowback?" You're a conspiracy fuckwit that believes we're behind 9/11, not the "sand people".

ELVIS
01-06-2013, 02:09 PM
No I don't...

I believe we caused it by meddling in middle east affairs...

DONNIEP
01-06-2013, 02:10 PM
I thought everybody here believed 9/11 was a false flag op?

ELVIS
01-06-2013, 02:16 PM
I don't...

I suggested it could be, but now I believe it was blowback just as Ron Paul warned years prior to 911...

DONNIEP
01-06-2013, 02:20 PM
I find the conspiracy theories fascinating. I've read and watched so much of it and some of the connections and coincidences are very convincing.

Nickdfresh
01-06-2013, 02:26 PM
No I don't...

I believe we caused it by meddling in middle east affairs...

You're full of shit...

I don't...

I suggested it could be, but now I believe it was blowback just as Ron Paul warned years prior to 911...

Ron Paul is a big phoney that speaks out of two sides of his mouth and vacillates his statements between public and private. He's clearly a closet-inside jobber...

ELVIS
01-06-2013, 02:28 PM
Whatever, homo...

Seshmeister
01-06-2013, 06:24 PM
I thought everybody here believed 9/11 was a false flag op?

Only the people who believe completely one sided fake internet sites who cherry pick and falsify facts.

ELVIS
01-08-2013, 09:51 AM
Like your spaghetti monster bullshit ??

jhale667
01-08-2013, 10:20 AM
Like my bigoted fake-christian, and Alex Jones bullshit ??

Fixed.

ELVIS
01-08-2013, 10:40 AM
Smoking crack again ??

jhale667
01-08-2013, 10:47 AM
You shouldn't do drugs named after a part of your ass, ELBOW. Or listen to Alex Jones, but you do both.

Seshmeister
01-08-2013, 11:24 AM
Like your spaghetti monster bullshit ??

Exactly like that.