PDA

View Full Version : Les Miserables/landing on my ass

Sensible Shoes
01-05-2013, 08:25 PM
So here's a question. Saw Les Miserables last night, and, much to my surprise, there was no spoken dialogue in the whole movie - just singing. By definition, doesn't that make it an opera? Just sayin'

Then the funniest part - Shoes has hands full of coat, empty popcorn bag, empty cherry coke, and misses the little half step off the row to the aisle. Boom - Shoes goes over on her ass backwards onto the stairs. 20something guy standing behind Shoes does not miss a beat - simply squeezes over to the side and walks right by. Chivalry IS dead, I say.

Shoes is very black and blue today and figures at her age, she's lucky not to break a hip!

Klutz alert.

fraroc
01-05-2013, 08:59 PM
I'll probably buy it on DVD when it comes out. So I can have the pleasure of seeing my mom do Gene Simmons tongue flicks twoards Hugh Jackman.

Sensible Shoes
01-05-2013, 09:31 PM
LMAO!!!! Yes, not many other tongue flickable men in that one.

ashstralia
01-05-2013, 09:41 PM
i woulda caught ya shoes.. :D

Sensible Shoes
01-05-2013, 09:49 PM
Or at least picked me up, right? Smooch. Thank you.

Blaze
01-05-2013, 09:52 PM
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/6234851_700b_v2.jpg

Sensible Shoes
01-05-2013, 10:34 PM
Very Funny! I'd post it on FB except my Mother would have a stroke if she saw the word "Fucking". Too bad, it's really good.

Blaze
01-05-2013, 11:38 PM
There is fucking in it?

BITEYOASS
01-06-2013, 12:56 AM
The real question is.....Where's the tits? :bigwink:

twonabomber
01-06-2013, 06:44 AM
Boom - Shoes goes over on her ass backwards onto the stairs.

I am starting to see a pattern here...

Seshmeister
01-06-2013, 08:13 AM
Being a heterosexual man I have no interest in musicals...

fraroc
01-06-2013, 09:01 AM

Not even Rock Of Ages? because that play fucking kicked major ass.

envy_me
01-06-2013, 11:54 AM
Very Funny! I'd post it on FB except my Mother would have a stroke if she saw the word "Fucking". Too bad, it's really good.

Lmao, you're friends with your mom? I am not even friends with my brother :-) I do have some cousins though. Who tell everything to their dad, who goes to gossip to my mom. I've blocked them now... Rats!

envy_me
01-06-2013, 11:55 AM

I am a heterosexual woman and I hate musicals with passion. They just suddenly start singing for no reason? Wtf?

envy_me
01-06-2013, 11:56 AM
So here's a question. Saw Les Miserables last night, and, much to my surprise, there was no spoken dialogue in the whole movie - just singing. By definition, doesn't that make it an opera? Just sayin'

Then the funniest part - Shoes has hands full of coat, empty popcorn bag, empty cherry coke, and misses the little half step off the row to the aisle. Boom - Shoes goes over on her ass backwards onto the stairs. 20something guy standing behind Shoes does not miss a beat - simply squeezes over to the side and walks right by. Chivalry IS dead, I say.

Shoes is very black and blue today and figures at her age, she's lucky not to break a hip!

Klutz alert.

I'd catch you too, shoes. Or pick you up :-)

BITEYOASS
01-06-2013, 12:22 PM
The only musical I ever liked was "Paint Your Wagon". Mainly because its the only movie you will ever see Clint Eastwood and Lee Marvin sing. Here's the national anthem for people who hate people:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQjw5F6SnzE

envy_me
01-06-2013, 12:28 PM
I watched 10 minutes of Mamma Mia the movie last nigh. It sucked! Love Abba, hate the movie.

BITEYOASS
01-06-2013, 01:18 PM
I watched 10 minutes of Mamma Mia the movie last nigh. It sucked! Love Abba, hate the movie.

WTF was Pierce Brosnan thinking when he accepted a role in that piece of crap?

envy_me
01-06-2013, 01:22 PM
WTF was Pierce Brosnan thinking when he accepted a role in that piece of crap?

THANK YOU!!! I wrote on facebook that it sucked and got like 60 comments on how everybody else loved it. WTF? It's the worst crap ever. Where did it go wrong, Pierce??

Coyote
01-06-2013, 01:28 PM

Ok, given I watched a lot of musicals as a kid (Gene Kelly/Fred Astaire, "West Side Story" and "Cabaret" a few times), I have to ask...

Does "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes" count as a musical?

jhale667
01-06-2013, 01:32 PM
Ok, given I watched a lot of musicals as a kid (Gene Kelly/Fred Astaire, "West Side Story" and "Cabaret" a few times), I have to ask...

Does "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes" count as a musical?

Funny, I don't even think of that stuff as "musicals" even though they are... me personally I don't think I could deal with a musical made past ...1970? Everything just seems really schmaltzy and lame now, can't imagine sitting through one.

Coyote
01-06-2013, 02:00 PM
Funny, I don't even think of that stuff as "musicals" even though they are... me personally I don't think I could deal with a musical made past ...1970? Everything just seems really schmaltzy and lame now, can't imagine sitting through one.

Well, there was that one from 1979 with Roy Scheider in it... Or "Pennies From Heaven" with Steve Martin & Christopher Walken...

jhale667
01-06-2013, 02:17 PM
OK, 1980-ish? :biggrin:

Coyote
01-06-2013, 02:17 PM
And yeah, my rap's starting to sound somewhat suspect, but that's the price of being born into a family of weekend-dancers. (Both parents and sisters, contests on the weekends.) :biggrin:

Coyote
01-06-2013, 02:18 PM
OK, 1980-ish? :biggrin:

'81, I guess...

chefcraig
01-06-2013, 03:00 PM

I dunno...the original film version of Fame was actually pretty good, and as Coyote mentioned, West Side Story kicked some serious ass.

Then again, that ghastly Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (starring the Bee gees and Peter Frampton) gave my ears, retinas, central nervous system and brain some devastating damage, most of which I've never recovered from.

jhale667
01-06-2013, 03:02 PM
But was Fame a musical or a dance film with music? She wasn't singing at any point, y'know? :biggrin:

Coyote
01-06-2013, 03:22 PM
But was Fame a musical or a dance film with music? She wasn't singing at any point, y'know? :biggrin:

I bet the same can be said about "Flashdance"... :biggrin:

chefcraig
01-06-2013, 03:25 PM

To be honest, I couldn't tell ya, as I haven't seen the damned movie in some 32 years, at least. I wasted far too many brain cells in that time to even recall my own address, phone number or even name correctly these days. Hell, I have to look up the number just to call work at this point.

jhale667
01-06-2013, 03:28 PM
I bet the same can be said about "Flashdance"... :biggrin:

I meant "Flashdance" ....damned cold medicine! :biggrin:

chefcraig
01-06-2013, 03:31 PM
I meant "Flashdance" ....damned cold medicine! :biggrin:

Yeah, that kinda threw me, as I was pretty sure Irene Cara sang at least one tune.

jhale667
01-06-2013, 03:38 PM
Yeah, that kinda threw me, as I was pretty sure Irene Cara sang at least one tune.

Think that was THE one tune sung by a cast member IIRC...

Seshmeister
01-06-2013, 04:03 PM
Not even Rock Of Ages? because that play fucking kicked major ass.

Fuck no, I'm retro not metro! :)

SunisinuS
01-06-2013, 05:34 PM
20something guy standing behind Shoes does not miss a beat - simply squeezes over to the side and walks right by. Chivalry IS dead, I say.

Klutz alert.

20 something guys of this generation have pencil dicks and no clue. In my 20's I would have caught you (and even today) and just drained your Cherry Coke for a reward.

envy_me
01-06-2013, 05:38 PM
20 something guys of this generation have pencil dicks and no clue. In my 20's I would have caught you (and even today) and just drained your Cherry Coke for a reward.

I agree. That's why I appriciate older men.

Sensible Shoes
01-06-2013, 05:52 PM
I am starting to see a pattern here...

Yeah, go figure, I used to be a figure skater, with that balance, you'd assume I could stay upright.

lesfunk
01-06-2013, 05:58 PM
I would have most definitely helped the Shoesinator, because as you all know, I am a gentleman of the highest order

LoungeMachine
01-06-2013, 06:02 PM
I agree. That's why I appriciate older men.

Oh yeah, baby....

:gulp:

envy_me
01-06-2013, 06:07 PM
Oh yeah, baby....

:gulp:

;) You're the best, baby ;-)

ThrillsNSpills
01-06-2013, 06:20 PM

Klutz alert.

Damn I wish I would have seen that.

The falling not the movie. bahahahahahaha

sorry

Hey, the 20 something guy could have started running instead of walking by . If you look at it that way he WAS being polite.

envy_me
01-07-2013, 12:00 PM
Hey, the 20 something guy could have started running instead of walking by . If you look at it that way he WAS being polite.

Lol, no that's worse. Running away shows some emotion. Just walking by means you're indifferent.