PDA

View Full Version : Rhino's "Whatever! 90's" 6 CD Box Set

Kristy
01-07-2013, 07:46 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/5133D2AH7JL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Uber ghey

For one, this isn't a take on the dismal 90's, it's a take on the dismal 90's that lays somewhere between grunge, pop/nu metal and a time when the music biz had some sway on radio air play.

There are some obscure gems to be found here but they are far too in between the muck, the fuck and the fuck muck duck gunk. Primitive Radio Gods, yeah, okay, but Ice-T 'New Jack Off City'? Fuck you, Rhino. If you were a kid like me in the 90's then you realize just how shit of a decade the 90's truly were: C+C Music Factory, Dee-Lite, Naughty By Nature hey, where in the fuck is Hansen! No homage to grunge, not even ONE Stone Temple Pilots tune to be found. And the jury is still out on me if a single Nu Metal douche rag should have been placed here. No doubt Korn are the Rascal Flatts of the 90's but god damn it, this is about the 90's after all. Shit Nu Metal RULED between Britney and um....something.

Comes with a booklet the follows the CD in chronological year release order but it rarely on pop culture and more on politics and American propaganda bullshit. What you get is seven discs (did I say six?) of 90's excrement dumped in your stereo. So much here has been left out. So much.

Yeah, whatever indeed.

Hardrock69
01-07-2013, 11:51 PM
OOOH!

I CAN'T WAIT TO NOT BUY THIS!!!!

:happy45:

Kristy
01-07-2013, 11:54 PM
Yeah, for $56 new it's hardly trailer trash buying material.

BITEYOASS
01-08-2013, 12:09 AM
Great! Another music compilation clusterfuck! Yeah, I'd really like to have Alice In Chains and Britney Spears on the same album. (sarcasm)

I bought a 5-album Pantera set for a third of the price. There may be some hearing loss afterwards, but I will at least maintain my dignity.

LoungeMachine
01-08-2013, 12:18 AM
Just curious.....

Why do you start threads reviewing crap that is so bad all the time?

Are you a failed music critic? Is this what you really wanted to do for a living?

Why not start a blog, or write for an industry website, or a local music paper if your insights are so cutting edge and biting?

Why waste your pith on us?

:gulp:

Either you've purchased and/or spent a lot of time researching these gems, or you're just making it up as you go along.

If it's the former, then :lmao: at you for being so stupid as to buy this crap.

If it's the latter, then you're just full of shit.

But I must say, watching you talk to yourself in the "ghey" chatroom prattling on and on about a Robert Plant solo CD no one has bothered to listen to for 20 years was AMAZING. lol

Talking to yourself in a chat room, on a DLR site, about Robert Plant. What an exciting life :)

ELVIS
01-08-2013, 12:18 AM
Softcock and his mom live in a trailer ??

ELVIS
01-08-2013, 12:20 AM
Just curious.....

Why are you so fucking worried about "her" ??

LoungeMachine
01-08-2013, 12:23 AM
Why are you so fucking worried about "her" ??

I'm not worried...

The word you didn't read was "curious"

What makes someone post reviews of crap they hate, to an audience they hate?

People fascinate me.

Kristy
01-08-2013, 12:25 AM
Great! Another music compilation clusterfuck! Yeah, I'd really like to have Alice In Chains and Britney Spears on the same album. (sarcasm)

Even Alice in Chains was omitted on this. What in the fuck is up with Rhino anymore? They used to kick out some great compilations of some rather hard to find tunes not the case anymore.

LoungeMachine
01-08-2013, 12:31 AM
. What in the fuck is up with Rhino anymore? They used to kick out some great compilations

Time Warner bought them.....

That's what happened.....

sadaist
01-08-2013, 12:41 AM
Softcock and his mom live in a trailer ??

I'd actually like to live in a trailer. I have friends in Grants Pass Oregon and a lot of great places up there. if I could get a decent trailer and a job up there I would go in a heartbeat. I've had the big house and I'm over it. Just something big enough to sleep, watch TV, and microwave a few dinners & I'm good.

*we spend far too much time in our homes anyways. I just need a base camp.

LoungeMachine
01-08-2013, 12:50 AM
I'd actually like to live in a trailer. I have friends in Grants Pass Oregon and a lot of great places up there. if I could get a decent trailer and a job up there I would go in a heartbeat. I've had the big house and I'm over it. Just something big enough to sleep, watch TV, and microwave a few dinners & I'm good.

Right?

A nice restored Airstream could be a lot of fun...

They go now for more than I paid for my first home.

lesfunk
01-08-2013, 11:54 AM
Just curious.....

Why waste your pith on us?

I thought she pithed on people for a living....

ELVIS
01-08-2013, 12:06 PM
I paid for my first homo.

:biggrin:

ELVIS
01-08-2013, 12:10 PM

here's mine...

:elvis:

binnie
01-08-2013, 02:48 PM
The '90s is oddest decade to characterize musically because the genres that sold big only did so for a couple of years (grunge, nu metal) and the pop music was really just a parade of boy or girl bands.

sadaist
01-09-2013, 05:05 AM
here's mine...

:elvis:

That's fucking perfect except the suburban is a bit much for me. I'd love a Tahoe. I have a GMC 1500 extra cab right now. I love having the pickup bed but honestly hardly ever make use of it so an SUV would be fine. You could park it somewhere somewhere different every month or two. Great views, a sense of freedom, not a lot of baggage anchoring you down. And with the way mobile wifi is getting, you can get high speed internet & streaming TV a lot of places and that's only going to improve.

For a solo person or even a couple it would be great. Start adding kids & pets into the mix and it would suck.

Kristy
01-09-2013, 11:26 AM
The '90s is oddest decade to characterize musically because the genres that sold big only did so for a couple of years (grunge, nu metal) and the pop music was really just a parade of boy or girl bands.

The 90's was the decade of one-hit radio pop wonders most of which made it on this box set. It's still terrible though.

Kristy
01-09-2013, 11:27 AM
I'd love a Tahoe. I have a GMC 1500 extra cab right now.

You carbon foot printing motherfucker. Get off the planet - NOW!

ELVIS
01-09-2013, 11:32 AM
You can remove the rear seat and fit a full sheet of plywood in a Suburban...

A Tahoe has no room and sucks just as much fuel...

ELVIS
01-09-2013, 11:34 AM
That BeetleKrust avatar is scary, BTW...

ThrillsNSpills
01-09-2013, 01:48 PM
listen to something else if you don't like it.

Misery by Soul Asylum was awful.
Why would someone listen to something to be miserable?

Oh yeah, so someone could make a thread on it.

:)

binnie
01-09-2013, 03:48 PM
I really dig Soul Asylum.............

Hardrock69
01-09-2013, 04:06 PM
It IS amazing how much you can cram into an SUV. Though I prefer having a cargo van, as you can do so much more with it.