Royal Albert Hall Full

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edPEBB6VjRQ

Hardrock69
01-16-2013, 12:01 AM
Earls Court 1975

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cZ1du-WC98

ThrillsNSpills
01-16-2013, 05:36 PM
The song remains the same movie was pretty average compared to how incredibly much better they were on other performances. (Royal Albert Hall for example)

Kristy
01-16-2013, 05:39 PM
It was a shit film. End of story.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-16-2013, 05:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiBLBn1z1vY

We would watch this, plus Heavy Metal, The Wall and some others at midnight shows in San Diego my first year in the Navy in '84.....

I'll never forget when Plant sings "the snow drives back the foot that's slow" during No Quarter, my buddy would scream "Cocaine !!!!!!" everytime.....

Kristy
01-16-2013, 05:54 PM
I'll never forget when Plant sings "the snow drives back the foot that's slow" during No Quarter, my buddy would scream "Cocaine !!!!!!" everytime.....

I'm concerned. I don't think you should be hanging out with such people. They are obviously a bad influence.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-16-2013, 05:59 PM
I'm concerned. I don't think you should be hanging out with such people. They are obviously a bad influence.

It was a different time.....

DONNIEP
01-16-2013, 06:08 PM
It was a great time...

cadaverdog
01-16-2013, 06:09 PM
You can watch a band perform on tv and although you get a glimpse at how they would be live it's never the same as being there. I had never been to a concert when that movie came out. It did give a good idea about Zep live. They rock harder live but there are some things that can be done in a studio where you can edit and re do that are difficult to reproduce live. Jimmy Page can't always hit the right notes every time live. It gives some people the impression that he's not as good as he seems in the studio. Then you hear something improvised for the live show and think he's the best ever. I like the way it was filmed too. from the perspective of an actual attendee. I think it's still one of the best concert movies ever made.

cadaverdog
01-16-2013, 06:12 PM
We would watch this, plus Heavy Metal, The Wall and some others at midnight shows in San Diego my first year in the Navy in '84.....

No Rocky Horror Show? I remember watching Bowie's "Ziggy Stardust" movie at Balboa Park. He rocked but all those upskirt shots of Bowie made me uncomfortable to say the least.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-16-2013, 09:01 PM
No Rocky Horror Show? I remember watching Bowie's "Ziggy Stardust" movie at Balboa Park. He rocked but all those upskirt shots of Bowie made me uncomfortable to say the least.

These were in a little strip mall right down the road from the Sports Arena....

cadaverdog
01-17-2013, 06:01 PM
These were in a little strip mall right down the road from the Sports Arena....
Near Froggy's Notion? I think that was the name of that bar. Full of relics hanging from the ceiling.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-17-2013, 06:49 PM
Near Froggy's Notion? I think that was the name of that bar. Full of relics hanging from the ceiling.

Not that far down...

On the same side of the street before you get to the Arena, assuming you're coming from Rosecrans....

This is it, http://cinematreasures.org/theaters/14497

Kristy
01-17-2013, 07:01 PM
I just glad all this nonsense was before my time.

78/84 guy
01-17-2013, 08:44 PM
I just glad all this nonsense was before my time.

Yeah it would seem that almost anything injoyable would be tough for you. Like people, music. LIFE ! :amen:

Jack68
01-21-2013, 10:37 AM
The celebration dvd is excellent......

Matt White
01-21-2013, 10:47 AM

Similar story....watching TSRTS with my Bro back in the day, & he's on 'srooms....

When Plant sang "The Dogs of Doom, They Howl & Moan...." and Jimmy waves at the Theremin....

My Brother laughed himself silly....and still does to this day whenever he hears that part of NO QUARTER

philouze
01-21-2013, 01:06 PM

No Phantom Of The FUCKING Paradise??

Hardrock69
01-21-2013, 01:36 PM
In 1979 I went to a midnight movie to see Song Remains for the first time. It was a pretty packed house.

So the lights go down, and the thing starts.

Once it got to the concert sequence, people started screaming to turn up the volume, as it was not very loud.

Someone finally turned it up. The low end began distorting heavily. People started screaming to turn the bass down.

So someone finally turns the volume down. People begin screaming to turn the volume up. Someone turned the volume up, but the low end was distorting even worse.

Finally, a guy in my row stands up and yells "FUCK THIS SHIT! I'M GETTING MY MONEY BACK!"

Instantly, everyone in the theater (packed full) stands up and heads for the door.

For some reason, I was at the head of the pack. I walk to the manager who is at the concession stand:

"I want a refund. You guys have a shitty sound system".

"I need your ticket stub in order to give you a refund".

"I threw my ticket stub in that trash can over there".

"I can't give you a refund without proof you bought a ticket".

"HOW IN THE FUCK DID I GET INTO THIS FUCKING THEATER WITHOUT BUYING A TICKET AND GIVING IT TO THE GODDAMN TICKET TAKER?!?" :mad:

The manager turns to the girl working the concession stand and says "Give everyone a refund who wants one".

The next day I was listening to the radio, and they were running commercials for Song Remains at that same theater, and at the end of the ad a voice-over broke in to say "NOW WITH IMPROVED SOUND!".

I did not go back. I eventually saw the movie at a different midnight movie a few months later at a different theater.

A year later the news broke that Led Zep was going to tour the US. And then Bonzo died.

At least I got to see Page/Plant in 1998. Closest I could get to seeing Led Zep. Saw JPJ solo opening for King Crimson a few years later.
Saw Plant at the Ryman in 2005.

Oh well. Life goes on.

SHUT THE FUCK UP, KRUSTY FISHKUNT BITCH! :mad:

chefcraig
01-21-2013, 02:25 PM
In 1979 I went to a midnight movie to see Song Remains for the first time. It was a pretty packed house.

So the lights go down, and the thing starts.

Once it got to the concert sequence, people started screaming to turn up the volume, as it was not very loud.

Someone finally turned it up. The low end began distorting heavily. People started screaming to turn the bass down.

So someone finally turns the volume down. People begin screaming to turn the volume up. Someone turned the volume up, but the low end was distorting even worse.

Finally, a guy in my row stands up and yells "FUCK THIS SHIT! I'M GETTING MY MONEY BACK!"

Yep, I had pretty much the same experience, with the added bonus of the showing quickly devolving into a Guns-N-Roses-like riot. Kids trashed the place, the cops arrived en-mass, and the theater ultimately stopped showing midnight movies altogether.

Oddly enough, I went to the local premier here in 1976, and the same crummy, chopped up and out of sync copy you'd encounter years later (this usually occurs after countless viewings and the film starts to crumble as it made it's way from theater to theater, so local owners would cut it up like a grind house movie) looked that way on opening night!