PDA

View Full Version : HA! Glenn Beck Wants To Create His Own Communist City.......How Ironic!

Hardrock69
01-16-2013, 06:01 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/glenn-beck-announces-plan-independence-usa-233854956.html

Glenn Beck announces plans for Independence, USA
By Mike Krumboltz, Yahoo! News | The Lookout – Mon, Jan 14, 2013

Right-wing rabble-rouser Glenn Beck recently announced that he wanted to "go Galt" and create a self-sustaining community, inspired by the philosophy of Ayn Rand's character John Galt from "Atlas Shrugged."

The community will be known as Independence, USA. If and when it is completed, Independence will produce its own food and TV and film content. There will be homes, baseball fields and a theme park. Think: Small Town, USA, but with a Beckish vibe.

Beck announced his plans on "The Glenn Beck Program." The main entrance to the proposed community will be based on Ellis Island because, in Beck's words, that's how most Americans came to the country. There will also be a marketplace, but don't confuse it with your local mall.

"There's not going to be a Gap here. There's no Ann Taylor. You want an Ann Taylor, go someplace else," Beck said in a video announcement. The marketplace, Beck says, will be a place for people to create their own businesses and learn from others.

Other areas of Independence: The ranch (that's where residents will grow food and teach people how to grow crops), the media center (where Beck will film his show and where other entertainers will create movies, TV shows and documentaries), an Alamo-style mission for people to "gather and help others," a research and development laboratory and much more.

The main point, Beck says, is education. "Before you send your kids to college," Beck said in his pitch video, "you come to us. And you spend a week with us. We're gonna tell them exactly, we will show them the truth, we will tell them what they're going to try to do, and we will deprogram them every summer, if you care."

What's Beck's utopia gonna cost? Around $2 billion. Beck says he's willing to take steps to make his vision happen "one piece at a time." Just don't expect to find a Gap. You can watch Beck's pitch here:
Linky (http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=AskFBBmRrjwc8gmXuu8BywCZCMZ_;_ylu=X3oDMTFkbml nNzJjBG1pdANCbG9nIEJvZHkEcG9zAzYEc2VjA01lZGlhQmxvZ 0JvZHlBc3NlbWJseQ--;_ylg=X3oDMTMzZjhnNmhkBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRw c3RhaWQDNTE2NDg1MzMtZDNlNS0zYWQ1LThjNWUtNzU4NGM3ND Q0NjEyBHBzdGNhdANibG9nc3x0aGVsb29rb3V0BHB0A3N0b3J5 cGFnZQ--;_ylv=0/SIG=13fj8lsj6/EXP=1359543184/**http%3A//www.glennbeck.com/2013/01/10/take-a-tour-of-glenns-visionary-plans-for-independence/)

Seshmeister
01-16-2013, 06:22 AM
Ayn Rand = a philosophy that says people aren't selfish enough.

philouze
01-16-2013, 06:25 AM
Ayn Rand = a philosophy that says people aren't selfish enough.

Case in point: 2112.

ELVIS
01-16-2013, 08:51 AM
Beckkk stole this idea just like he rips off Alex Jones...

FORD
01-16-2013, 01:40 PM
Randtard fascism and actual communism are completely incompatible.

Randtard fascism and Soviet totalitarianism are just variations on the same bullshit.

Pink Spider
01-16-2013, 03:43 PM
Randtard fascism and Soviet totalitarianism are just variations on the same bullshit.

I'm sure that you've never read anything by Ayn Rand. Although, I'm almost sure that Glenn Beck hasn't either.

She was as anti-Soviet as it gets.

Pink Spider
01-16-2013, 03:48 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/glenn-beck-announces-plan-independence-usa-233854956.html

"There's not going to be a Gap here. There's no Ann Taylor. You want an Ann Taylor, go someplace else,"

That doesn't sound very capitalist.

"Before you send your kids to college," Beck said in his pitch video, "you come to us. And you spend a week with us. We're gonna tell them exactly, we will show them the truth, we will tell them what they're going to try to do, and we will deprogram them every summer, if you care."

So, coercion, then? I'm guessing that Glenn Beck has only read the Cliff Notes version of Atlas Shrugged.

FORD
01-16-2013, 04:13 PM
I'm sure that you've never read anything by Ayn Rand. Although, I'm almost sure that Glenn Beck hasn't either.

She was as anti-Soviet as it gets.

I tried to read "Atlas Shrugged". It bored me to tears. And that was before I knew she based her entire ideology on a serial killer who dismembered children.

And she may well have been a Soviet exile, but all the power in the hands of unregulated predatory capitalists, or all the power in the hands of a totalitarian government, it makes little difference. The results are the same.

Or as Joe Strummer put it.... "All the power in the hands of the people rich enough to buy it".

Pink Spider
01-16-2013, 05:02 PM
I tried to read "Atlas Shrugged". It bored me to tears. And that was before I knew she based her entire ideology on a serial killer who dismembered children.

She was very much taken out of context. If you read the entire thing in context, she was basing a character around other aspects of Hickman and not supporting what he did.

And she may well have been a Soviet exile, but all the power in the hands of unregulated predatory capitalists, or all the power in the hands of a totalitarian government, it makes little difference. The results are the same.

Or as Joe Strummer put it.... "All the power in the hands of the people rich enough to buy it".

Or in the hands of people who have power enough to sell it off. How many coercive monopolies have existed without government intervention?

Hardrock69
01-16-2013, 05:28 PM
I feel sorry for the children of any idiot that is a rabid, foam-at-the-mouth follower of this ignorant fucking asshole.

Unchainme
01-16-2013, 09:39 PM
I tried to read "Atlas Shrugged". It bored me to tears.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j56IiLqZ9U

South Park was right.

FORD
01-16-2013, 09:57 PM
I really didn't think about this until Mike Malloy brought it up tonight, but what BecKKK is really proposing here is.....

http://patriciahysell.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/jonestown-victims.gif

.....Jonestown. And you can bet it would end exactly the same way too. Pass the Kool-Aid, BecKKK.

BITEYOASS
01-17-2013, 08:25 AM
What's gonna happen if this dipshit relapses? You all know this dick has a history of cocaine addiction. Plus, who is gonna do all of the farmwork since the age demographic of his audience is mainly 60+ years old?