PDA

View Full Version : Bills hire Mike Mularkey

POJO_Risin
01-13-2004, 10:44 PM
Cowher hires good coordinators...although I'm surprised that this is the year they are commodities...

Mularkey is a questionable call...

but fuck it...

now Pittsburgh will get new coordinators...I'm betting Grimm will get moved up if he doesn't get the job in Chicago...

but WTF...

the Bills should have waited...but hey...like I said...now the Steelers can upgrade...as long as Gilbride doesn't come back...

Lou
01-13-2004, 10:57 PM
The Stillers were what, 4-12, 5-11 this year? I don't understand hiring a coordinator of a team with that poor a record.

POJO_Risin
01-13-2004, 11:08 PM
Morons I tell you...

I'm sure there's someone that will pop on here talking about Mularkey's brilliance...

and blame it all on the line...lmfao...

SensibleShoes
01-13-2004, 11:08 PM
Pojo, where'd you hear this, ESPN? We hadn't reported it when I left work at 6:30. Guess I better turn on the news....

POJO_Risin
01-13-2004, 11:09 PM
Yes...please turn on the news...it's a done deal...

SensibleShoes
He doesn't have to be brilliant. He just has to come in over 500.

We wanted Levy back anyway.

POJO_Risin
lmfao...I scooped the news!!!!

SensibleShoes
01-13-2004, 11:10 PM
No just the 6pm producer with a total hate on for sports. :)

POJO_Risin
01-13-2004, 11:11 PM
lol...well...its something!

How long have you lived in Buffalo....just out of curiousity...

SensibleShoes
01-13-2004, 11:12 PM
MY ENTIRE FUCKING LIFE.....

Dontcha think Mularkey is an unfortunate name for a head coach in a primarily Irish Catholic town?

SensibleShoes
01-13-2004, 11:15 PM
The last time I was excited about the Bills was the 3rd Superbowl run - Pasadena. After that, I refused to get sucked in again. Too big a letdown too many times.

I have a sweatshirt from the fourth run that says "We're baaaaaaaack - Deal with it America"

POJO_Risin
01-13-2004, 11:35 PM
I used to party there...on New Year's at a friends bar called NoNames...

It's not there anymore...but I've had many a good time in Buffalo...

redblkwht
01-14-2004, 01:29 AM
i heard fassel was the frontrunner there..wonder
what happened to that bs...?

SensibleShoes
01-14-2004, 06:40 AM
946 Elmwood! You knew the owner? Wow that's going back. I think it's still a bar - just changed names. I used to live down the street from there - so it was a walkable haunt.

As for Fassel - Ralph probably cheaped out on him. Knowing Ralph.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-14-2004, 09:04 PM
Mularkey was brilliant, it was the line's fault !!!!

And I believe he's taking Tom Clements (QB coach) to be the offensive coordinator....

And, the word is from Sportsbeat is that it looks like Ken Whisenhunt (TE coach) may become the Stillers' offensive coordinator, with Dick Lebeau the defensive coordinator (again)....

SensibleShoes
01-14-2004, 09:40 PM
They're really dragging their feet on this - the official newswer isn't until tomorrow. But it's already been leaked everywhere. He's bringing a local guy with him - that might be Clements.

This isn't being received too well here - and everybody's saying that one more season and everybody from Donahoe on down is going to get axed. I guess it all hinges on how they can prop up Bledsoe. Guy's got as bad a concussion problem now as Pat LaFontaine did years ago.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-15-2004, 08:28 PM
Damn, a LaFontaine reference....

I'm quite impressed Shoes.... :D

POJO_Risin
01-15-2004, 10:08 PM
Yeah shoes...that's the place...many a night there...

I met Bruce Smith, Warren Moon and Bernie Kosar there one night after a greatful dead show...I think there was some kind of Jim Kelly charity event...

great place...and it was a way back...

SensibleShoes
01-15-2004, 10:13 PM
Oh hell don't be - I only know the stuff I have to write on a day to day basis.

Hey do you remember Clint Malarchuk? I have the actual video of him getting his throat slashed - I've only seen one thing more gross in my all my years in the business - and that was Bud Dwyer blowing his brains out on camera.

Anyway, back to topic - anybody notice that this Mularkey guy looks exactly like Kevin Costner?

SensibleShoes
01-15-2004, 10:17 PM
Jesus Pojo, I remember that concert - early 90's. Kelly's charity at the time was the Cradle Beach Camp. Now of course, it's Hunter's Hope - his son has a fatal degerative Nerve Disease calle Krabbe's - Hunter has really held on for a long, long time with it. Kelly was always a real jerk - but he and Jill are really dedicated parents.

We have a theory that that class of Quarterbacks (83 was it?) all went to a party one night and got some really bad drugs - Boomer, Kelly Flutie & I think there's another - all have kids with huge problems - autism etc. -

POJO_Risin
01-15-2004, 10:31 PM
Yo...Shoes...RBud Dwyer...jesus...that was some shit...

I remember...my World Cultures teacher showed us that shit...and got shitcanned...lol...

SensibleShoes
01-15-2004, 10:52 PM
NO WAY! I was teaching a journalism writing class at the time and I showed my students, too. I am happy to think I kept many of them from going into TV that day. Justified too. If you can't handle shit like that, you've got no business being in the business.

Little Texan
01-16-2004, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by SensibleShoes
anybody notice that this Mularkey guy looks exactly like Kevin Costner?

Damn, took the words right outta my mouth! I was gonna say the same thing! Spittin' image! That was my initial thought when I saw the introductory news conference... that dude looks just like Kevin Costner.

SensibleShoes
01-16-2004, 07:16 AM
My EP actually wanted to run their photos side by side in the newscast last night. I talked him out of it.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-16-2004, 07:25 PM
Good 'ol R Budd....

I was overseas at the time, but I saw it on a tape called "Traces of Death" (as opposed to Faces)....

Kinda funny after he did it, some dude kept saying "everyone keep calm" or something like that....

I think everyone shit themselves actually....