PDA

View Full Version : Once Again - Gibson Custom Shop Is Hurting For People (no surprise there).....

Hardrock69
01-26-2013, 01:17 AM
Gibson Custom is accepting applications for the following various General Labor positions:

We are seeking career-oriented individuals who desire to become a part of a world-class Manufacturing team; these are full-time positions in an aggressive, fast-paced industrial manufacturing environment.

Sanders-This position requires experience working with power or pneumatic tools. The ideal candidate must be detail oriented and possess the ability to meet goals in a fast paced production environment.

Scrapers-This position requires experience working with hands in very tedious operations. This position requires good hand-eye coordination.

Fillers-This candidate will be responsible for filling stain products in a fast paced production environment.

Spray Painters-This position requires experience with using hand sprayers. This candidate must possess the ability to distinguish color hues in various lighting in regards to color matching, etc.

Neck fitters-This position requires the use of basic wood working tools. It also requires good hand-eye coordination and the ability to read micrometers and calipers. Wood working experience also preferred.

Binders-This position requires strenuous work with hands and attention to detail in a fast paced environment.

Buffers-This position requires a great deal of upper body strength and attention to detail. Candidate must possess the ability to stand for 8-10 hours.

Cleaners-This position requires great attention to detail and some knowledge of cleaning and polishing.

Repair Techs-This position requires a multitude of guitar repair experience including but not limited to: sanding, spraying, color matching, and clear coating. Previous wood working background preferred.

Adjusters-This position requires knowledge of the basic set up of guitars and other guitar assembly techniques. Intonation skills a huge plus and candidate must be able to play a guitar.

Physical requirements include the ability to stand for 8-10 hours per day and lift up to 50 pounds. Candidates must be able to pass a drug screen as well as meet background requirements. Mandatory overtime required on an as needed basis!

Competitive wages and benefits.

This is the sort of thing that happens every few months. I suppose people just get tired of the place, as there is a constant turnover of employees.....

ashstralia
01-26-2013, 08:34 AM
so you wouldn't consider it, hr?

ELVIS
01-26-2013, 09:04 AM
Consider A job ??

LMAO !!

:biggrin:

ashstralia
01-26-2013, 09:13 AM
you shouldn't talk cletus... posting here 25 hours a day while brandine goes to work at dairy queen...:bigwink:

ELVIS
01-26-2013, 09:14 AM
jealous ??

twonabomber
01-26-2013, 09:16 AM
jealous ??

Only if she brings home bags of Dilly Bars... :D

This is the sort of thing that happens every few months. I suppose people just get tired of the place, as there is a constant turnover of employees.....

I bet they get a lot of people who think "hey, I play guitar...I would LOVE to work in a guitar factory!" And then they get in there and find out they can't hack being on their feet all day or something.

ELVIS
01-26-2013, 09:28 AM
OH, so you think Softcock has already been hired and fired...

ashstralia
01-26-2013, 09:28 AM
jealous⁇

i teach guitar and play in a rock band. i think my job's ok...:first:

ELVIS
01-26-2013, 09:29 AM
Then shut up...

ashstralia
01-26-2013, 09:37 AM
go stick a bible up your clacker, peabrain. :baby:

ELVIS
01-26-2013, 10:10 AM
What's the difference between you and watching paint dry ??

Watching paint dry is interesting...

Matt White
01-26-2013, 10:12 AM
"Back on Topic"................

Fuck GIBSON.............

like to see what they're paying.....

one of the 1st fleabag companies to hightail it out of MICHIGAN to pay dirt cheap wages down South...............

and I haven't been impressed with the quality of their guitars for decades......

THe Epiphone move is typical of how they operate

Matt White
01-26-2013, 10:14 AM
Buy a HERITAGE instead

http://cdn1.gbase.com/usercontent/gear/1923130/p1_u2lbuzya5_so.jpg

ELVIS
01-26-2013, 10:17 AM
I've noticed their quality going up in the last decade, but it's still bad for the money they ask for some of their guitars...

The 60's tribute stuff is nice for a fair price, though...

ELVIS
01-26-2013, 10:22 AM
Buy an Agile instead...

http://www.rondomusic.net/photos/electric/al3010thrucsbfwide5new.jpg

http://www.rondomusic.net/photos/electric/al3200tribalpurplewide5.jpg

:elvis:

Matt White
01-26-2013, 10:27 AM
Buy an Agile instead...

http://www.rondomusic.net/photos/electric/al3010thrucsbfwide5new.jpg

http://www.rondomusic.net/photos/electric/al3200tribalpurplewide5.jpg

Yup...my College Roommate just bought a nice AGILE LP copy.....very cool guitar for a decent price

ELVIS
01-26-2013, 10:31 AM
I have six Agiles...

cadaverdog
01-26-2013, 11:06 AM
My brother in law has an older Epiphone that looks like a Les Paul. I think it's sunburst. 70's model. It looks cool. Is it worth anything?

ELVIS
01-26-2013, 11:42 AM
Not really...

If it's an upscale model in really nice condition, maybe $400-500 bucks...

Seshmeister
01-26-2013, 12:30 PM
Buy an Agile instead...

You don't seem to be able to in Europe...

Coyote
01-26-2013, 12:41 PM
Tokai.

ELVIS
01-26-2013, 01:44 PM

Have you ever sent an email to Kurt@RondoMusic.com ??

Diamondjimi
01-26-2013, 02:10 PM
I have six Agiles...

Why not sell them to someone who can actually play the damn things?!

VAiN
01-26-2013, 03:20 PM
I'm not an LP guy, but I would take one of these..

http://static.ow.ly/photos/original/1pK2x.jpg

Hardrock69
01-26-2013, 04:21 PM
so you wouldn't consider it, hr?

Back when I was unemployed last year I stopped by their shop and filled out an application and left my resume.

I am probably overqualified for the job of "guitar tester".

But the worthless fuckers never even contacted me.

They have got some stupid people working in the Human Resources department.

Not to mention the idiot who runs the company.

Matt White
01-26-2013, 05:54 PM
Back when I was unemployed last year I stopped by their shop and filled out an application and left my resume.

I am probably overqualified for the job of "guitar tester".

But the worthless fuckers never even contacted me.

They have got some stupid people working in the Human Resources department.

Not to mention the idiot who runs the company.

Nope...you're OVER-QUALIFIED....they're not going to pay anywhere near what you'd expect to make

cheap corksuckers!

lesfunk
01-26-2013, 06:15 PM
Gibson is criminally overpriced crap

Nitro Express
01-26-2013, 09:32 PM
Buy a HERITAGE instead

http://cdn1.gbase.com/usercontent/gear/1923130/p1_u2lbuzya5_so.jpg

I hear ya on The Herritage. I never owned one but have played plenty. Nice guitars.

Nitro Express
01-26-2013, 09:34 PM
Gibson is criminally overpriced crap

You are paying for the name. I picked a Gibson Les Paul up in a music store and the frets hadn't been properly dressed. The fretwork or lack of it was horrible and they wanted around $3,000 for the guitar. Nuts.

Nitro Express
01-26-2013, 09:39 PM
I'm not an LP guy, but I would take one of these..

http://static.ow.ly/photos/original/1pK2x.jpg

I never really cared for the aesthetics of the Wolfgang guitars but bought one years ago and it's one of my main guitars. I've never had a problem with it. To me they have more of a Telecaster feel. They just are well built no nonsense music tools. If you like how they sound and play, they will serve you well out of the box. I have done nothing to mine and the wiring was all top notch. Good soldering. Good components and heavy duty shielded wire. Not the two bit cheap shit you see in most guitars.

Hardrock69
01-26-2013, 11:50 PM
Gibson only pays their slaves, er, I mean "employees", shit wages from what I have heard. You cannot turn around in this town without bumping into someone who worked there at some point, and they all have horror stories to tell....hell, even my insurance agent worked there, and he said he was very glad to get away....

vandeleur
01-27-2013, 03:30 AM
go stick a bible up your clacker, peabrain. :baby:

I thought clacker was a Geordie word for arse ... No wonder Newcastle is the real capital of Australia ;-)

vandeleur
01-27-2013, 03:35 AM

I kept hearing how reasonable they were so I tried to check them out on line at local guitar places and they didn't have any , I would have liked to go in and try one out just to see how they play .