PDA

View Full Version : VH - Get Down Tonight

DLR Bridge
01-28-2013, 11:00 PM
http://youtu.be/SR6JX7qbpmA

Too bad the quality is shitty. I've wondered for fricken years what their club version sounded like. Ed's percussive playing and Al going sick on the kit really work out well with this one. What does everybody think?

DLR Bridge
01-28-2013, 11:02 PM
Some cool pics, too. Black and white franky with white pick guard. Looked way better with the black one.

jhale667
01-28-2013, 11:39 PM
I like it!

(the cover, that is - definitely like the B&W Frankie with the black pickguard and maple neck better)

Coyote
01-29-2013, 03:32 AM
Killer... Who says you gotta play covers note-for-note?

Coyote
01-29-2013, 03:43 AM
One hell of a set list...

1) Chevrolet (Ed's got a fuckin' wah on this one?)
2) Maybe I'm A Leo
3) We All Had A Real Good Time
4) Walk Away
5) Can't Get Enough
6) If You Can't Rock Me
7) Might Just Take Your Life
8) Make It Last
9) Sweet Emotion
10) Twist And Shout
11) The Grind
12) Tush
13) Trampled Under Foot
14) Stone Cold Sober
15) The Jean Genie
16) Keep Playin' That Rock And Roll
17) Get Down Tonight
18) Walk This Way

VHscraps
01-29-2013, 04:26 AM
Yeah, pity about the quality, but sounds like they really kicked butt.

I couldn't open the link (on phone / tapatalk) so I went to youtube and searched, and it threw up the Gazzari's Dance Contest boot. Haven't heard it for years, but they are really on their game on some of that stuff.

Wonder if the band have any better recordings from back then ...

Would love to see them do an official Bootleg Series (like Dylan) or like The Doors Bright Midnight Archives

DLR Bridge
01-29-2013, 05:58 AM
One hell of a set list...

1) Chevrolet (Ed's got a fuckin' wah on this one?)
2) Maybe I'm A Leo
3) We All Had A Real Good Time
4) Walk Away
5) Can't Get Enough
6) If You Can't Rock Me
7) Might Just Take Your Life
8) Make It Last
9) Sweet Emotion
10) Twist And Shout
11) The Grind
12) Tush
13) Trampled Under Foot
14) Stone Cold Sober
15) The Jean Genie
16) Keep Playin' That Rock And Roll
17) Get Down Tonight
18) Walk This Way

My God, what a great find! I have the first 8 songs on a CD with way worse quality. Here, it sounds like somebody cleaned it up a bit. I gotta burn this whole thing when I get home.

The only songs that I ever heard from the remaining batch were Trampled Under Foot and the Grind. I had no idea that much of that show was out there. Dave's awesome with the honey's between tunes!

Ed truly is a freak. I have other versions of them doing Walk This way, but what jumps out at me on this one is the fact that he's throwing in fill riffs during parts that are already tricky enough to play. He's what, 20 there? Un-fucking-heard of to be that seasoned so young.

katina
01-29-2013, 07:36 AM
I like it, thanks !!! :thumb:

ThrillsNSpills
01-29-2013, 11:12 AM
Wonder if the band have any better recordings from back then ...

Pasadena Hilton.
on the boot 77 + Live
quality is much better

VHscraps
01-29-2013, 12:06 PM
Pasadena Hilton.
on the boot 77 + Live
quality is much better

Cool - thanks for pointing that out. I'll check it out. I still have that CD somewhere, but never ever listened to it that much since I bought it (must be 20-odd years since). I recall the sound quality being good - I think I maybe thought the performance wasn't that great on the live tunes.

I never really rated the demos/outtakes on that CD either!! Sound quality is fine, but clear to see why the songs never made the cut back then.