PDA

View Full Version : RUSH Tickets

BigBadBrian
01-29-2013, 02:38 PM
I'm so sick and fucking tired of dealing with Ticketmaster/Livenation just to get a decent set of tickets to see RUSH.

How many times do I have to go through their silly internet-bullshit before a decent pair pops up?

I've seen RUSH about 15 times. Maybe I'll just say fuck it!

Nitro Express
01-29-2013, 02:51 PM
I'm so sick and fucking tired of dealing with Ticketmaster/Livenation just to get a decent set of tickets to see RUSH.

How many times do I have to go through their silly internet-bullshit before a decent pair pops up?

I've seen RUSH about 15 times. Maybe I'll just say fuck it!

Everyone is sick of it. Until people figure out mass boycotting and refuse to participate they will just take it up the asshole. I mean we can put these assholes out of business if we really want to. Frankly I would rather ruin Ticketmaster/Livenation than see Rush for the sixteenth millionth time.

Headly1984
01-29-2013, 03:11 PM
yup - crazy - buy two tickets and it practically cost as much as the face value of 3

VH cancelled Rochester NY and it kills me I missed Buffalo - seeing CVH live is like seeing a blue moon, while other bands never go away

not banging Rush - but Allman Bros. . Godsmack, seem to come around every year which is both nice and a bit repetitive

the g/f likes GS, we have seen them 5 times, if I never see them again I would be ok with that lol!

bands that stick around I like to see every other or every few years

I caught RUSH on roll the bones and time machine - I am good for 5 more yrs =) !

FORD
01-29-2013, 03:17 PM
I don't know what's the worst thing about TicketBastard....

The ridiculous amount of fees - on top of the already overpriced tickets.

OR

The fact that scalpers - including "official" scalpers like ScumHub or giveaways by corporate sponsors (i.e.Sprint on the Stones tour in 1997) have already stolen all the truly good seats before the fucking public sale even begins.

I'm starting to miss the old days when I had to wake up at 5:00 AM, drive up to Port Townsend and buy my tickets at a little record store in order to get good seats. Of course now, the gas it would cost to do that would be more expensive than the TicketBastard fees.... but at least it was more fun that way :(

Headly1984
01-29-2013, 03:23 PM

OR

The fact that scalpers - including "official" scalpers like ScumHub or giveaways by corporate sponsors (i.e.Sprint on the Stones tour in 1997) have already stolen all the truly good seats before the fucking public sale even begins.

I'm starting to miss the old days when I had to wake up at 5:00 AM, drive up to Port Townsend and buy my tickets at a little record store in order to get good seats. Of course now, the gas it would cost to do that would be more expensive than the TicketBastard fees.... but at least it was more fun that way :(

shoot we slept out / partied all night waiting for tickets !

before social media / internet people had to go places and interact with others in person, it was real good fun meeting the folk you would be seeing at the show and making new friends too !

Va Beach VH Fan
01-29-2013, 03:29 PM

It's even worse with sports nowadays... Most pro and major college teams have 100% authorized "TicketExchange" sections on their websites for season ticket holders to scalp, er, sell their seats, with absolutely zero regulations for jacking the prices.... And of course, those teams couldn't do that on their website without authorization from their respective leagues....

And there you have it, authorized scalping....

Hardrock69
01-29-2013, 04:48 PM
The last time I really waited in line for tickets was Kiss on the Reunion tour when they came to Wichita. Just stayed up a little later than usual....went to the ticket outlet at 5 AM where there was already a long line. They handed out numbers, then picked one number at random and the person with that number was first in line.

I wound up getting 12th row dead center.

Note that not all cities in the US use TicketBastards. Tulsa Oklahoma has it's own ticket service. Wichita, KS has a service called "Select-a-Seat".

So it IS possible for cities to decide not to allow TicketBastards to do business in their town.

LoungeMachine
01-29-2013, 04:53 PM
I haven't had to "buy" tickets in many years [Thank God for House Guest Lists]

But I've had plenty of dealings with Ticketbastard from the other end, and it's no better from the Venue/Promoter side either.

:gulp:

So long as mega firms such as AEG and Live Nation control 90% of the venues, this will never change.

LoungeMachine
01-29-2013, 04:54 PM
By the way....

Anytime you can support Brown Paper Tickets.....please do.

Great company.

Headly1984
01-29-2013, 05:05 PM
The last time I really waited in line for tickets was Kiss on the Reunion tour when they came to Wichita. Just stayed up a little later than usual....went to the ticket outlet at 5 AM where there was already a long line. They handed out numbers, then picked one number at random and the person with that number was first in line.

I wound up getting 12th row dead center.

Note that not all cities in the US use TicketBastards. Tulsa Oklahoma has it's own ticket service. Wichita, KS has a service called "Select-a-Seat".

So it IS possible for cities to decide not to allow TicketBastards to do business in their town.

I like great tickets or nose bleeds

One of my favorite albums is Caught in the Act by GFR - when they came to town a few yrs ago with the original line up I missed the sale date and decided to walk up day of the show with the g/f - got 12th row center & it was a fantastic show too

Nitro Express
01-29-2013, 11:46 PM

OR

I miss the days of general admission. There were no seats. Getting up close to the stage meant showing up at the venue early and being able to run fast once the gates opened. But yeah you did buy your tickets from the stoner behind the counter at some small record shop. You could also buy your Zig Zags from the same shop and use the album cover to roll your joints for the big night. God I'm glad I started going to concerts in the late 70's.

Nitro Express
01-29-2013, 11:49 PM
I think I have lost interest in live shows. They have become too corporate and civilized. I would rather just watch a good band in a small club.

Kristy
01-29-2013, 11:54 PM
TicketBastard fees... :(

Don't forget parking fees and seating fees.

Hardrock69
01-30-2013, 02:52 AM
In your case, there are fees for removing the stupid Kunt from the premises.

ODShowtime
01-30-2013, 06:59 AM
The best was I had a 10AM meeting right when Black Crowes tickets went on sale a few weeks ago. God damned cock sucking bullshit. Pretty much the only concert this whole fucking year, and I'm busy when seats go on sale. What are the chances of that? 10Am is my smoke break time, I'm ALWAYS free at 10AM. But not that day!

FUCK EVERY PERSON WHO IS IN FRONT OF ME WITH A BETTER SEAT. I DESERVE IT NOT YOU. Motherfuckers.

And I'm skipping Rush this year. That setlist is straight garbage and frankly an insult in my opinion. No one wants to hear that bullshit and they know that and played that shit anyway. Terrible, terrible setlist. What a waste as these three can set the world on fire if they wanted to.

ZahZoo
01-30-2013, 01:20 PM
I miss the days of general admission. There were no seats. Getting up close to the stage meant showing up at the venue early and being able to run fast once the gates opened. But yeah you did buy your tickets from the stoner behind the counter at some small record shop. You could also buy your Zig Zags from the same shop and use the album cover to roll your joints for the big night. God I'm glad I started going to concerts in the late 70's.

Geez you just described my concert experience in the 70's and 80's to a tee!! Day on the Green in Oakland, Ca nothing beats it... $12 -$15 bucks... sit where you want. 50 cent beer and nobody hassling you if you burn one.

I don't know why music concert tickets have to be the way they are today. Gone to a few NASCAR races and you can purchase tickets easily and choose from available seats with ease. Plus the costs are much lower... even for events with 50,000 - 70,000 attending.

Kristy
01-30-2013, 01:24 PM
In your case, there are fees for removing the stupid Kunt from the premises.

Oh, SNAP!

chefcraig
01-30-2013, 01:31 PM
I don't know why music concert tickets have to be the way they are today...

I do...it's this bum's fault.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j111/coltsmeow/henley.jpg

Kristy
01-30-2013, 01:35 PM
I knew a guy in college who was studying journalism who had actually met and interviewed Henley. He went on and on that out of all the people he interviewed (mildly famous or not) Henley was the by far the biggest prick he had ever met in his life not sure how much of Henley's arrogance he could stomach.

I've been to Aspen and seen his house. Fucking monstrously huge.

Nickdfresh
01-30-2013, 03:03 PM
yup - crazy - buy two tickets and it practically cost as much as the face value of 3

VH cancelled Rochester NY and it kills me I missed Buffalo - seeing CVH live is like seeing a blue moon, while other bands never go away

You missed an excellent concert... :doh:

Nickdfresh
01-30-2013, 03:06 PM
I haven't had to "buy" tickets in many years [Thank God for House Guest Lists]

But I've had plenty of dealings with Ticketbastard from the other end, and it's no better from the Venue/Promoter side either.

So long as mega firms such as AEG and Live Nation control 90% of the venues, this will never change.

I got decent tickets and service from Ticketbastard for the VH show in Buffalo. But I resent the hell out of the surcharges they pull out of their asses and certainly don't share with the band or venue. Eddie Vedder and Pearl Jam were right! One would think with the internet we don't even need these crooks!

Nickdfresh
01-30-2013, 03:09 PM
It's even worse with sports nowadays... Most pro and major college teams have 100% authorized "TicketExchange" sections on their websites for season ticket holders to scalp, er, sell their seats, with absolutely zero regulations for jacking the prices.... And of course, those teams couldn't do that on their website without authorization from their respective leagues....

And there you have it, authorized scalping....

I know Sabres season ticket holders that can pay for a good chunk of the season simply by selling their Toronto Maple Leafs game tix to canuckleheads...

envy_me
01-30-2013, 03:12 PM
If I really love the band, I try to be in the front row or I don't go. If I don't care about the performer and just go for the party then I don't care where my seat is. We just run around anyway.