PDA

View Full Version : This guy is working on my Wolfgang

VAiN
01-29-2013, 10:07 PM
I have a 2001 Wolfgang USA Standard that I had refretted about a year ago with stainless steel frets.. The guy/shop who did it is a well respected local shop that I've been using forever. Initially I wasn't thrilled with the work.. lots of buzzing. I brought it back, the guy went through it and I still wasn't happy with it. There were dead spots and more buzz than I really cared for..
That was about a little over a year ago. I just stopped playing it and put it away. Fast forward to this week - I decide to do a little research and locate a new guitar tech. So the search began... and it led me to a guy named Jim Hamilton. Turns out he's a respected builder and has built guitars for professionals - including SRV & Billie Gibbons! It gets better - the guy is like 10 min from my house! I dropped it off this morning and I can't wait to get it back..

Here's a pic of Jim with SRV
http://www.novan.com/jim4ste3.jpg

And Billie
http://www.novan.com/billygib.gif
http://www.novan.com/zztop3.jpg
http://www.novan.com/ballgui2.jpg

I'm very excited to have found this guy and have a good feeling after meeting him and chatting him up. Have any of you heard of him?

ELVIS
01-29-2013, 10:36 PM
I have, sure...

vandeleur
01-29-2013, 11:55 PM
That's pretty cool

DLR Bridge
01-30-2013, 12:08 AM
Wow, those ZZ axes are insane. Too bad there is zero demand for creative stuff like that.

I have the Guitar World somewhere with SRV holding that guitar. I think Ed interviewed Les Paul in that ish.

Nitro Express
01-30-2013, 04:34 AM
Wow, those ZZ axes are insane. Too bad there is zero demand for creative stuff like that.

I have the Guitar World somewhere with SRV holding that guitar. I think Ed interviewed Les Paul in that ish.

I was getting that magazine in the mail and I remember when the issue with SRV came and he was hammered looking in a chinese robe with that guitar. I thought he looked like a dork and thought,"My hell, who is this poof?" LOL!

Coyote
01-30-2013, 08:42 AM
Sweet tone...

vandeleur
01-30-2013, 08:48 AM
I was getting that magazine in the mail and I remember when the issue with SRV came and he was hammered looking in a chinese robe with that guitar. I thought he looked like a dork and thought,"My hell, who is this poof?" LOL!

Really , no matter what he wore I always though he had the look of a pretty handy cruiser weight, at the time I saw him I had seen all these Slim, long haired almost delicate slightly feminine guitarists and he looked like a fucking bruiser .. played like an angel though :)

Matt White
02-07-2013, 11:09 AM
That is a sweet sounding guitar!

Tons 'o SNAP!!!

jhale667
02-07-2013, 08:42 PM
That is a sweet sounding guitar!

Tons 'o SNAP!!!

All Maple with an Ebony board? Hell yeah - bright city!

VAiN
02-09-2013, 03:31 PM
Got the Wolfgang back yesterday and it now plays like buttah!! Man, what a difference! I'm super happy with the work. I just dropped off my EBMM EVH with him. It's getting all new frets and a set up.

jhale667
02-09-2013, 04:01 PM
Cool, congrats! :baaa:

:guitar:

Diamondjimi
02-09-2013, 07:57 PM
Very cool. The guy is a master craftsman. :thumb:

Hardrock69
02-10-2013, 02:05 AM
By the way, new Guitar World came in the mail yesterday...30th-Anniversary of SRV's first album....with him on the cover and the usual articles and gear discussions inside...nothing particularly new or noteworthy...

VAiN
02-18-2013, 05:42 PM
Get the EBMM EVH back and it's fantastic. Turns out the bridge pickup is bleeding, so I need to replace it. I checked with EBMM, and the Axis PU is a direct replacement. It's $125+shipping and I have to send them mine before they release the replacement.

Before I pull the trigger and order it new - does anyone know someone with an extra EBMM EVH bridge PU laying around for sale?

PETE'S BROTHER
02-18-2013, 05:50 PM
Get the EBMM EVH back and it's fantastic. Turns out the bridge pickup is bleeding, so I need to replace it. I checked with EBMM, and the Axis PU is a direct replacement. It's $125+shipping and I have to send them mine before they release the replacement.

Before I pull the trigger and order it new - does anyone know someone with an extra EBMM EVH bridge PU laying around for sale?

you can have mine. now, where did i put that?:duh: