PDA

View Full Version : US Festival '83 in .SHN available...

Dave's PA Rental
01-13-2004, 11:04 PM
This took me a while to do...

I hope you read my tutorial thread (click here if you didnt) (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=602) on downloading bit torrents and .SHN files, because I just finished uploading a torrent for the 2 disc bootleg called 'US Festival '83' over at www.sharingthegroove.org.

Here is the link for the thread over there:

http://www.sharingthegroove.org/msgboard/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34142

Now Lou and I have been raving about bit torrents since the Army came back online...its the only way to go. Mp3's are out, and these .SHN files sound so much better.

This file is over 800 Mb, so be prepared to leave your computer on all night to download this.

And remember, DO NOT convert this into Mp3

Lou
01-14-2004, 01:09 AM
Yeah gang once you DL this and listen to how it's free of inferior muddy sound and annoying gaps/hiccups between tracks, you won't be going back to mp3's.

FORD
01-16-2004, 10:33 AM
What's the best software for playing SHN files, or converting them to WAV's?

I was surprised to find Cool Edit Pro doesn't do SHN's :(

Dave's PA Rental
01-16-2004, 11:13 AM
Ford...check out my bit torrent/.SHN tutorial thread in this forum. There are links to all the conversion software you need...

FORD
01-16-2004, 11:35 AM
Cool. I got the US Festival downloading at home right now. Thanks! I'll check out the other thread.

Seems like most of the other shows over at the STG board are in MP3 format though. Know of any sites with good stuff in SHN format?

Dave's PA Rental
01-16-2004, 11:58 AM
Mp3's are not allowed at STG. You should check over there again, because I think that you are mistaken.

FORD
01-16-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Daves PA rental
Mp3's are not allowed at STG. You should check over there again, because I think that you are mistaken.

You are correct. I must have been looking at another site. That's what I get for being online in the early morning before the caffeine hits the brain :dork: