3 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
3 cups quick oats (not old-fashioned)
2 cups chopped walnuts
1 1/2 packages (8 ounces each) chocolate chunks (3 cups)
2 cups coarsely chopped dried sour cherries

Heat oven to 350°. With electric mixer, cream butter and both sugars. Beat in eggs one at a time, then beat in vanilla. Add flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and oats; slowly beat until blended. Stir in walnuts, chocolate and cherries. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. Bake at 350° for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown. Makes about 8 dozen.

http://www.familycircle.com/marketing/04_cookie_cookoff/images/teresaheinzkerry.jpg

1 cup (2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 cup canned pumpkin puree (from 15-ounce can; do not use pumpkin pie filling)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup raisins

Heat oven to 375°. With electric mixer, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg, pumpkin and vanilla. Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and allspice. Stir into pumpkin mixture. Stir in chopped walnuts and raisins. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a well-greased cookie sheet and bake at 375° for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden on edges. Makes about 5 dozen.

FORD
06-24-2004, 01:50 PM
Neither. I vote for Ralph Nader's Hash Brownies :D

knuckleboner
06-24-2004, 02:23 PM
i'm allergic to nuts.

i guess going 3rd party as well...:(

ELVIS
06-25-2004, 04:12 PM
Pumpkin spice cookies suck!

FORD
06-25-2004, 05:16 PM
BTW, it should be noted that Pickles ripped that oatmeal-chocolate chip recipie off from Martha Stewart. I know this for a fact because my (computer illieterate) mom just asked me to download the very same recipie from Martha's website last week.

Ally_Kat
06-25-2004, 05:21 PM
I thought it was just the type of cookies tht they like baking? I didn't think it was the cookie recipie they created?

FORD
06-25-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
I thought it was just the type of cookies tht they like baking? I didn't think it was the cookie recipie they created?

Actually, I thought it was a way of rigging another poll for the BCE. I mean, seriously.... pumpkin spice over anything with chocolate chips in it?

yeah right ;)

Ally_Kat
06-25-2004, 05:28 PM
true.

Now, chewy chunky chocolate chip with some M&Ms in it. :D

Viking
06-25-2004, 08:30 PM
My mother's finally becoming somewhat computer literate. I called her a few years ago when she was still working as an RN, and they'd just (FINALLY) computerized the hospital. I'd hear her on the keyboard - *CLICK*..........*CLICK*..........*CLICK*......... ..."SHIT!" :D At Christmastime, she still fills several big tins with home-baked cookies - chocolate chip, peanut butter, oatmeal, those peanut butter cookies with Hershey Kisses on top, iced Russian tea cookies, potato candy (don't laugh - it's delicious!), punpkin roll, the works.

Ally_Kat
06-25-2004, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Viking
At Christmastime, she still fills several big tins with home-baked cookies - chocolate chip, peanut butter, oatmeal, those peanut butter cookies with Hershey Kisses on top, iced Russian tea cookies, potato candy (don't laugh - it's delicious!), punpkin roll, the works.

your mother needs to adopt me. I'm quiet, well-mannered, and I buy good mother's day presents. :D

Viking
06-26-2004, 08:42 PM
Consider yourself adopted. You can help her babysit my niece while my sister and brother-in-law are at work. :D Oh, and we always have a Honey Baked ham, blocks of every type of cheese imaginable, pickles, olives, crackers, REAL crab salad, Old Bay spiced and chilled cocktail shrimp, Mom's famous homemade sweet-and-sour meatballs, my sister's locally famous cheeseball (it blows away that store-bought crap), sliced venison bologna, gallons of booze, beer, and soda, and I always try to hickory smoke a Butterball turkey breast before we go to candlelight services at church, if I have the chance.

OK, everybody's invited to Christmas Eve at Viking's mom's house! Even you, FORD! :D :killer:

Ally_Kat
06-26-2004, 11:57 PM
my mother does the same thing with the all out cooking for holidays, and there's only 5 of us to cook for.

Altho, with the relationship I have with my mother and the possibility of playing with your niece, I'll take your mom :D

Katydid
06-27-2004, 12:14 AM
Kids in the expensive private school were telling what their dad did for a living. The usual, drs., dentists, lawyers, etc.

Then the cute blonde kid took his turn. "My dad is an exotic dancer in a gay cabaret bar. Men stuff money in his g string. Sometimes he goes into the alley and gives sex for money."

Teacher took him aside and asked, "Why did you tell an untrue story like that on your dad?"

"Well, it was better than telling that he worked as campaign manager in Kerry's Democratic camp!"

Ally_Kat
06-27-2004, 12:40 AM
um...what did that have to do with cookies? :confused:

Diver Down NJ
06-27-2004, 06:12 PM
Pumpkin cookies???

:barf:

FORD
06-27-2004, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
um...what did that have to do with cookies? :confused:

What do her posts ever have to do with whatever thread they're in. If she's not Wayne's alternate personality, they should be married. I think they would be a perfect couple.

As long as they didn't breed, that is. ;)

freak
06-27-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Actually, I thought it was a way of rigging another poll for the BCE. I mean, seriously.... pumpkin spice over anything with chocolate chips in it?

yeah right ;)

The vast right wing conspiracy strikes again.

The sanctity of the kitchen invaded by stoid white men with agendas.

:rolleyes: