PDA

View Full Version : STOLEN GEAR ALERT - Washington, Oregon, Idaho Area.....

Hardrock69
02-05-2013, 12:12 AM
https://www.facebook.com/ken.johnson.75873/posts/10151314678272585

***STOLEN GUITARS*** from Tyler Bryant & the Shakedown
To all of our fans, WE NEED YOUR HELP!
We woke up this morning in Spokane Valley, Washington and all but one of our guitars had been stolen. Pinky, my main Fender Stratocaster was stolen along with my 1965 Gibson SG Junior. Graham's VOS 57 Gibson Goldtop Les Paul and his 58 Sunburst Les Paul were stolen as well. The crook also helped himself to Noah's black Gretsch bass guitar & Caleb's Black Beauty snare drum. Can you guys please help us keep an eye on Craigslist & eBay? We gave the police all the serial numbers for our guitars, so hopefully they'll turn up somewhere around here. I'm gonna start calling every pawn shop within a hundred mile radius as soon as we get our bearings. We are super bummed out today and could use some good vibes. I believe with all of my heart that these guitars will turn up. We love you guys. -tyler

http://spokane.craigslist.org/msg/3593401379.html

THIS link below has photos of the guitars stolen:

http://www.americanbluesscene.com/2013/02/stolen-guitar-alert/

Nitro Express
02-05-2013, 09:44 PM
I just got back from Spokane. Is anyone interested in buying some guitars?

Hardrock69
02-06-2013, 01:22 AM
:hee:

jhale667
02-06-2013, 12:28 PM
Stew-Mac used to sell a RFID anti-theft kit for guitars... you got like 5 chips or something... not a bad idea, a least IF a pawn shop scanned it they'd immediately know it was a stolen instrument...

Kristy
02-06-2013, 03:40 PM
Failed musicians stealing from other failed musicians. What has this world come to?

lesfunk
02-06-2013, 03:41 PM
It's fucking Anarchy I tell you!

Kristy
02-06-2013, 03:46 PM
I find it to be inexcusable.

jhale667
02-06-2013, 03:56 PM
I find it to be inexcusable.

No, you trolling Gear St - that's inexcusable. STFU and GTFO.

Matt White
02-06-2013, 04:08 PM
Ex-actly..............check yourself

Matt White
02-06-2013, 04:10 PM
Stew-Mac used to sell a RFID anti-theft kit for guitars... you got like 5 chips or something... not a bad idea, a least IF a pawn shop scanned it they'd immediately know it was a stolen instrument...

Should always have pics of your gear & serial #s registered with your insurance......

I'd never take chances with my stuff

Nitro Express
02-06-2013, 04:57 PM
Just put a tracking transmitter in your guitars. Find where they are and have some big Tongans or Samoans show up to the get the guitar back and teach who stole it a lesson in manners.

Matt White
02-06-2013, 05:01 PM
If I remember correstly.....GARflingus had all of his gear stolen...out of a storage unit or sumsuch

SO remember...NEVER leave your gear where you can't check in on it DAILY.....

and INSURE that shite!!!

jhale667
02-06-2013, 05:05 PM
Clearly Kenny wasn't getting the STFU and GTFO part... BS post moved, like the rest of them will be - on sight.

Should always have pics of your gear & serial #s registered with your insurance......

I'd never take chances with my stuff

Me neither, and did all that too, but the RFID chip is one more way it could be easily identified if stolen.

Nitro Express
02-06-2013, 05:11 PM
Or you can just be crazy and let everyone know it. I never heard of Ted Nugent ever having any guitars stolen. I don't think anyone is nuts enough to find out what ol' Ted would do to them if they got caught.

jhale667
02-06-2013, 05:28 PM
That premise assumes Terrible Ped could FIND whoever did it, which is highly unlikely. Insuring your shit and documenting the serials is the more realistic approach.

FORD
02-06-2013, 05:45 PM
If I remember correstly.....GARflingus had all of his gear stolen...out of a storage unit or sumsuch

SO remember...NEVER leave your gear where you can't check in on it DAILY.....

and INSURE that shite!!!

So they wouldn't let him bring it into the library with him?

Hardrock69
02-06-2013, 05:46 PM
One of my best friends was opening for Nugent in 1995. While they were doing soundcheck, I was hanging out onstage (as I was being their stage manager for the gig), and Ted's guitar tech was working on his axes. He had half a dozen Byrdlands, and he said the rarest one was worth 25 grand.

I remember the storytale about one of Tony Iommi's guitars being stolen back in the early 80s. Supposedly the guy who stole it had an immediate run of bad lack the likes of which has not been seen in modern times, and he was so frightened he returned the guitar posthaste....leading to rumors that the guitar was cursed, lol.

I have been fortunate in that I have never had a guitar stolen.

In 1978 one almost was.....I had a 1975 Gibson Flying V. We were playing a gig at a party in a field near Puyallup, WA, and we had finished and packed up our gear before loading it into our van. I was backing the van up in the tall grass, and the rear end suddenly lifted up and dropped down, as if it had run over a large rock or something. I got out, and discovered my Flying V in it's case lying there in the grass.

Someone had stashed the guitar out in the tall grass, thinking they could steal it after we left, but fortunately, running over it in it's case, I got it back and they were not successful. It broke the lid of the case, but fortunately, it did not break the neck of the guitar.

My best friend has had several guitars stolen in the Everett area over the past 20 years.

Fucking thieves. :mad:

jhale667
02-06-2013, 05:52 PM
Thieves suck.