PDA

View Full Version : "As Is" Drum Cover by Joshua Gallagher (STUDIO QUALITY)

Droomer5150
02-06-2013, 01:36 AM
Hey guys, I just uploaded a drum cover of the badass "As Is" if anyone wants to check it out! I recorded the guitars and bass as well, which isn't an exact replicate but still sounds alright! I've also done some other =VH= covers including "House of Pain", "Unchained" and "She's the Woman" if you want to check those out as well! Those have my brother, who is a MUCH better guitar player than me on guitar haha

Anyway here's the link to the cover http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw6zud5LDNU

Cheers!

Dan
02-06-2013, 01:49 AM
Very Cool As.:D

Zing!
02-06-2013, 07:31 AM
Very nice!

ELVIS
02-06-2013, 08:04 AM
Not bad at all...

Guitar and bass kinda suck though...

:elvis:

DLR Bridge
02-06-2013, 10:48 AM

Really? All of this is from one 16 year old kid. You had everything mastered by that age I s'pose, right?

Seshmeister
02-06-2013, 11:39 AM
Ignore him - he feels he always has to rain on the parade. :)

ELVIS
02-06-2013, 12:39 PM
Ok, it's wunnnnnderful!!!

No need for improvement, kid...

Go get drunk and high with the losers...

DLR Bridge
02-06-2013, 01:54 PM
You'll be a great dad some day.

jhale667
02-06-2013, 01:56 PM
Don't ever reproduce.

Dr. Love
02-06-2013, 02:24 PM
I thought the drums were really good! The guitars/bass aren't perfect but so what ... I thought it was good enough to show case his drum skill.

Dr. Love
02-06-2013, 02:30 PM
I watched the other videos -- they're great too! I thought the guitar and bass on She's the Woman were really good as well.

Btw don't look at my sig, you're not old enough for that kind of content.

ELVIS
02-06-2013, 02:50 PM
It's just some slut anyways...

DLR Bridge
02-06-2013, 06:13 PM
Playing Wii while naked makes her a slut?

sadaist
02-06-2013, 06:50 PM
Hey guys, I just uploaded a drum cover of the badass "As Is" if anyone wants to check it out! I recorded the guitars and bass as well, which isn't an exact replicate but still sounds alright! I've also done some other =VH= covers including "House of Pain", "Unchained" and "She's the Woman" if you want to check those out as well! Those have my brother, who is a MUCH better guitar player than me on guitar haha

Anyway here's the link to the cover http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw6zud5LDNU

Cheers!

God damn motherfuck holy shit!

That's you doing all the parts?!!?

Jesus dude...wtf? Go out & find a woman already. You have spent way too many hours practicing your musicianship (which fucking rocks by the way). Thanks for sharing. I fully enjoyed watching & listening to that. You got serious chops. /cheer

sadaist
02-06-2013, 06:52 PM
Not bad at all...

Fuck you Elvis. This guy has serious skills.

Hardrock69
02-06-2013, 07:11 PM
Dude, you got it going on. VERY good work.

Keep after it, and you may have a career. :thumb:

Seshmeister
02-06-2013, 09:17 PM
Ok, it's wunnnnnderful!!!

No need for improvement, kid...

Go get drunk and high with the losers...

Your original post in this thread has been bugging me all day.

Congratulations you actually made me get annoyed about a dumb internet post, something I pride myself for not doing.

Anyone who has been around here for a while will know you as the music troll who always has something negative to say with absolutely nothing to back that up.

If you were the best guitarist in the world, better at drums than Neil Peart and a better bass player than Billy Sheehan your comments would still be ridiculous but we will never know because in 13 years you have still never posted anything you have done.

The thing is though that no one of any fucking merit at all would have a go at the guy in this thread for his ability. It's an incredible effort particularly for someone so young.

You don't seem to see how bad it makes you look. For years I've been biting my tongue on this and particularly at the moment because I've just posted some music myself I didn't want it to look petty but I don't care at this point.

For your own sake SHUT THE FUCK UP!

If you were anything other than incredibly frustrated with your own lack of achievement you would not be posting this and I promise you that's what almost everyone else sees when you do this. If you were Eddie Van Halen you would look like a dick. You just look like a total fucking dick.

The only reason I'm making this post is in case this incredibly talented kid didn't see your post for what it was - frustrated jealously.

ELVIS
02-06-2013, 09:29 PM
Maybe you shouldn't underestimate the guy, and who's jealous ??

And don't be so worried about a message on a message board, eh ??

Seshmeister
02-06-2013, 09:32 PM
And while I'm ranting on this...

I honestly think you are probably a pretty shit guitarist.

All the good guitarists I've ever met have been modest because they are good enough to know they aren't that good.

The great guitarists are almost always even more humble.

Many guitarists have a bit of an ego but I've never ever met one who was any good that would have a go at a young drummer for that performance.

Seshmeister
02-06-2013, 09:37 PM
Maybe you shouldn't underestimate the guy, and who's jealous ??

And don't be so worried about a message on a message board, eh ??

Yeah I am a little jealous of the guy. To be able to do all three instruments at what 'A third of your age?'.

Plus he has the balls to post it too despite people like you putting him down. Under his own name too.

While you sit there behind an alias year after year doing what exactly?

ELVIS
02-06-2013, 09:46 PM
I didn't put him down...

Hardrock69
02-06-2013, 09:51 PM
Oh....so you said his guitar and bass skills were amazing?

Backpedal much, idiot?

Seshmeister
02-06-2013, 09:51 PM
Not bad at all...

What???

Have you got some sort of musical Asperger Syndrome?

ELVIS
02-06-2013, 11:26 PM
Did you take too much drama with your vodka today or something ??

You're killing the dude's thread...

VAiN
02-06-2013, 11:52 PM
Fantastic work, Josh! You're a pure talent, keep it up and don't listen to anyone's shit.

chefcraig
02-06-2013, 11:57 PM
Very well done, and highly inspired. It is very cool that instead of coming up with a clip of a dork playing some old tune (think Rush's "Working Man" or some Led Zep Bonzo drum solo, the kid chose this).

Hat's off to the fellow. And those giving worry about the sonics...really, give me a fucking break. The kid did just fine. And if you ever heard me mangling Peter Frampton and KISS songs when I was 15, you'd understand.

Good work, mother-fucker. :yo:

Hardrock69
02-07-2013, 12:16 AM
I think he is doing great, despite what Elvis thinks. :hee:

Nickdfresh
02-07-2013, 02:34 AM
Did you take too much drama with your vodka today or something ??

You're killing the dude's thread...

Elvis, always taking the high road of throwing in the "vodka" comment after getting owned.

Vodka and all, Sesh has posted some pretty good shit and impressive work of his own lately.

We're still waiting for yours, guitar zero. Or, won't your wife let you play anymore because it might interfere with her listening to One Direction?

Nitro Express
02-07-2013, 03:23 AM
The kid did good. He would sound more like Alex if he used bigger sticks. Al uses huge drum sticks and it's one of the reasons he gets that big sound.

Droomer5150
02-07-2013, 04:03 AM
The kid did good. He would sound more like Alex if he used bigger sticks. Al uses huge drum sticks and it's one of the reasons he gets that big sound.

Cheers guys! Some awesome, genuine and constructive comments from everyone. I really appreciate the feedback! Interesting...I actually used the signature 2008 AVH tour sticks on this cover, I don't think there's any bigger than those!

Dr. Love
02-07-2013, 04:56 AM
Good attitude!

Zing!
02-07-2013, 09:42 AM
..I actually used the signature 2008 AVH tour sticks on this cover, I don't think there's any bigger than those!

You should saw off some chair legs and use those. That ought to satisfy the critics.