PDA

View Full Version : New Alcohol Study

Seshmeister
02-07-2013, 08:00 PM
http://newsthump.com/2011/04/08/alcohol-linked-to-having-a-good-time/

Alcohol linked to having a good time

Drinking more than a pint of beer a day can substantially increase the risk of someone having a good time, research has shown.

A large Europe-wide study in the British Medical Journal found that 70% of ‘fun times’ in men and 63% of all ‘fun times’ in women were caused by alcohol intake.

The study calculated that in 2008, current and past drinking habits were responsible for about 456.9 million ‘excellent nights out’ in the UK, out of a total of 650.7 million fun evenings.

When alcohol is taken in by the body it can affect the way the brain works, increasing the chance of the consumer enjoying themselves and becoming significantly more entertaining to those they are with.

Lead researcher Madlen Schutze told us, “It’s important that we understand how alcohol improves the lives of millions of people, because if we only listened to all the tedious scare mongering we’d probably never have a drink again.”

Alcohol linked to ‘fun’

Regular alcohol users have reacted with surprise to the survey, insisting it is a complete waste of money.

Drinker Suzy Fowler told us, “Are there really people out there that still don’t know that alcohol vastly increases your chances of having a good time, really?”

Beer fan Dave Williams explained, “Alcohol has been at the centre of all the great times in my life.”

“The night I met my wife, the night I proposed to my wife, the night we conceived our child. Without it I’d probably still be just another single guy living it up on more disposable income than I know what to do with.”

Schutze concluded, “We have to ask ourselves, is all the fun that is related to alcohol consumption really ‘fun’ at all. And the answer is yes by the way. Yes, it definitely is.”

ashstralia
02-07-2013, 09:59 PM
in further breaking news; doner kebabs with chilli and garlic sauce at 3am are excellent after lager snacks!!!

SunisinuS
02-07-2013, 10:26 PM
in further breaking news; doner kebabs with chilli and garlic sauce at 3am are excellent after lager snacks!!!

You want chili sauscsef with that? Extra Sphalad?

Lol those Kebab trucks always have a foreigner with a lisp.

ashstralia
02-07-2013, 10:44 PM
extra hommus and tabouleh, please!

Headly1984
02-07-2013, 10:57 PM
LOL ! this study is great .. what does it mean ? drugs work !

If alcohol is a good time - shrooms must be associated with fantastic experiences and powder must be associated with feeling like king of the world haha ! :bigwink:

next study - people like sex ... :first:

Kristy
02-08-2013, 12:54 AM
Yeah, what a informative study!

Ranks right up there with that "water is wet" news that keeps on getting lost.

Nitro Express
02-08-2013, 02:16 AM
It's all good until the room starts to spin and you can't stop it.

hambon4lif
02-08-2013, 02:42 AM
It's all good until the room starts to spin and you can't stop it.Who the hell would want to stop it?

If you can get the room to start spinning, just find out which direction it's going in, and fuckin' lean into it.

Otherwise, it defeats the entire purpose.

vandeleur
02-08-2013, 05:00 AM
Yeah, what a informative study!.

Ok hun ,your humour bypass was a success .

VHscraps
02-08-2013, 05:30 AM

... as Dean Martin once said: "You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on."

ELVIS
02-08-2013, 06:25 AM

That's what firearms are for...

ashstralia
02-08-2013, 06:34 AM
the licensing boys and girls are out and about in force tonight... they came to visit barney me and lee lee at our local cantina.

all the oldies were high fiving and hugging the big uniformed dudes and dudettes... :biggrin:

shame they can't drink on duty...

ZahZoo
02-08-2013, 06:07 PM
I just read anarticle recently that a new study showed you get drunker faster when your drinks are mixed with diet soda -vs- regular soda. Something in the sugar that signals your digestive system to slowly release it to the small intestine.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/02/06/diet-or-regular-choice-alcohol-mixer-affects-intoxication/

vandeleur
02-08-2013, 06:12 PM
Yeah the same sort if thing has been flushing round the uk news channels .

PETE'S BROTHER
02-08-2013, 06:35 PM
i saw a story this week about couples that drink together stay together. codependency can be rewarding ;)

katina
02-08-2013, 06:54 PM
i saw a story this week about couples that drink together stay together. codependency can be rewarding ;)

:lmao: I spat my drink :gulp:

PETE'S BROTHER
02-08-2013, 06:57 PM
:baaa:

So this is love
02-08-2013, 07:01 PM
I just read anarticle recently that a new study showed you get drunker faster when your drinks are mixed with diet soda -vs- regular soda. Something in the sugar that signals your digestive system to slowly release it to the small intestine.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/02/06/diet-or-regular-choice-alcohol-mixer-affects-intoxication/

I hope its even faster with coke zero `cause thats what I having it with....:gulp: BTW any news from the Van Halens?

Headly1984
02-08-2013, 07:11 PM

I may resemble that remark - doh ! :jaw: