PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry Smoke

tojoro
02-07-2013, 08:11 PM
Saw these guys at The Paradise in Boston last night and had a great time! If anyone has an interest, you'd be doing yourself a favor by checking out their show. Palladia has been playing their show from Atlanta, (their hometown), this past December...that's what prompted me, and apparently a lot of other folks, to go check them out.
Within one song, Charlie Starr, (Lead Vocals, lead guitar), came out of his solo with a nod to ABB's 'Blue Sky', then that lead into the first verse from 'Midnight Rider', and finally back into their own tune.
They did it once more in another song with 'When the Levee Breaks'.
As a nod to Beantown, they played A-smith's 'Lord of the Thighs'.
"Too rock for country, too country for rock" seems to be the motto they roll with...their live performance exceeds their studio work...not to diminish what they've laid down on plastic.

http://blackberrysmoke.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD0_0jps0fc

Hardrock69
02-08-2013, 02:21 AM
Saw a concert vid of them on VH-1 Classics not long ago. Great band! Not into Southern Rock, but can't deny they have got talent.

Green Manalishi
02-08-2013, 07:02 PM
Outlaw Country/Southern Rock . I dig 'em .

Matt White
02-15-2013, 02:25 PM
BRAVO

I'll have to check these guys out...like the BLACK CROWES' cousins! I do indeed hear some Neil Young in there!!!

Mr Walker
02-15-2013, 02:32 PM
I was pushing for then to take Marley's place as opening act for the 2nd leg of the ADKOT tour that was eventually shit-canned anyway.

Matt White
02-15-2013, 02:47 PM
I was pushing for then to take Marley's place as opening act for the 2nd leg of the ADKOT tour that was eventually shit-canned anyway.

That wooda been a GREAT call....except I dont think VH would take that KICK ASS of a band out on the road with 'em!

Von Halen
11-11-2013, 04:31 PM
They were on AXS TV last night.

I have a couple of their discs. I like these guys.

Zing!
11-11-2013, 05:34 PM
That wooda been a GREAT call....except I dont think VH would take that KICK ASS of a band out on the road with 'em!

Yep - VH has never been one to showcase interesting opening acts that might have any chance of upstaging them; but Kool & the Gang came closer than most in 2012. I kind of like the choices of late with Marley and Kool. Good party music to down a few overpriced suds by.

alexpgrimes
11-28-2013, 04:34 PM
I have their latest cd. I really enjoy it. they are coming to cleveland in feb. looking forward to the show.

Von Halen
11-28-2013, 05:58 PM
I have their latest cd. I really enjoy it. they are coming to cleveland in feb. looking forward to the show.

Grimes! How the hell are you?