PDA

View Full Version : Just Went Driving Around Jerusaleum.....What a Traffic Jam!!!

Hardrock69
02-08-2013, 03:10 PM
You can see what countries have Google Street View.

http://maps.google.com/help/maps/streetview/learn/where-is-street-view.html

One of them is Israel.

Damn......talk about fucked up traffic....hey Jesus? Is their some patron saint for Holy Land tour bus operators?

http://i48.tinypic.com/k4vw3o.jpg

Nitro Express
02-08-2013, 03:26 PM
The traffic probably is worse than when I lived there. More people have moved in. Israel is congested. If the catholic church didn't build those chapels on the biblical historic sites they would be gone. They would have condominium buildings built over them. All the religious tourists were amusing to watch. If anything, one year in Israel taught me there is nothing special there. Nothing worth fighting over. It also showed me if a group of people really believe they can achieve the impossible they can do it. It's amazing how productive the jews have made rocky land with very little water. I mean it's not good real estate but they turned much of it green with drip irrigation. What blew me away is how many good looking women were there and how decadent the night party scene was. They love Americans. Tel Aviv is a good place to get laid. If I was single, I would go back just for that.

Nitro Express
02-09-2013, 02:08 AM
They have a one way road that goes up the Mount of Olives that the car barely fits on. You have a little fence and a big drop off on one side and a stone wall on the other. I named it Holy Shit Road. One mistake and you would be meeting Jesus. What's funny is your car would tumble down into the grave yard below. Convenient.

Hardrock69
02-09-2013, 02:19 AM
Yeah I was on that road today. :hee:

FORD
02-09-2013, 02:21 AM
I'd like to drive this road once.... but only with damn good brakes.... and the smallest vehicle I could possibly fit into.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXLxszv9eCM

Nitro Express
02-09-2013, 02:56 AM
Yeah I was on that road today. :hee:

It's not even a road. It's a donkey path. You are just happy to get up the hill with the mirrors still on the car and no scratched paint.

The Mount of Olives is over rated. People pay big bucks to be buried there. If you have a religious center there it's prestigious. Drive to the top of it and you are in a palestinian slum with garbage in the streets and graffiti everywhere.

There is quite a bit of high tech industry in Jerusalem north of town. Intel has a big plant there. I knew a couple of people who worked there. Israel has more PHD's per capita than any other country. They have some crazy R&D going on there.

Nitro Express
02-09-2013, 03:15 AM
I'd like to drive this road once.... but only with damn good brakes.... and the smallest vehicle I could possibly fit into.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXLxszv9eCM

I haven't been on that road but they got a few in the andes that will scare the shit out of you. Constant mud and land slides and the vehicles you are traveling in usually have plenty of questionable mechanical safety issues like brakes and tire tread. We were riding on one such road going over the mountains to get to the jungle on the other side and you could see the road moving through the rusted floor and the tires were bald. I about shit a brick when we crossed a river on two big logs that were cut in half.

Then we get to the jungle. We are sleeping in bunks in thatched roof huts. I'm on the top bunk. The whole underneath of the thatched roof is covered in mesh wire. I'm wondering what for. In the middle of the night I hear something hitting the wire. I turn on my flashlight and big ass spiders are coming out of the thatch and hitting the wire and running off to the side of the roof and down the walls. Nasty stuff lives in thatch roofs. I couldn't sleep the rest of the night.

Hardrock69
02-09-2013, 03:21 AM
Heh...you mean "crossed a rIver", lol.

Nitro Express
02-09-2013, 03:36 AM
There I fixed it. Who knows, Jeremy Clarkson could have been down there in his Range Rover. LOL!

Hardrock69
02-09-2013, 03:52 AM
Haha.

Then there was the danger you did not mention....fucking drug cartels....or anti-government rebels.....Shining Path crazies and all that shit.

And don't get me started on the heavily guarded German enclaves descended from the high-ranking Nazis who fled to SA at the end of the war....

sadaist
02-09-2013, 04:29 AM
....than when I lived there. .

jesus fucking christ dude! How old are you anyways? Like 200? I swear you have 4 lifetimes worth of stories & experiences. Your grandkids are gonna love story time. You really should write them all in a journal so they can read them all some day.

FORD
02-09-2013, 04:35 AM
jesus fucking christ dude! How old are you anyways? Like 200? I swear you have 4 lifetimes worth of stories & experiences. Your grandkids are gonna love story time. You really should write them all in a journal so they can read them all some day.

He already has....... Well technically it's a catalog, not a journal....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad5Bu9GN3zg

LoungeMachine
02-09-2013, 04:38 AM

:gulp:

We have already.....just shopping for a publisher.

sadaist
02-09-2013, 06:01 AM

We have already.....just shopping for a publisher.

At this point I wouldn't even care if it turned out he was a compulsive liar. The stories are fucking great & I've enjoyed them thoroughly.

LoungeMachine
02-09-2013, 06:04 AM
At this point I wouldn't even care if it turned out he was a compulsive liar. The stories are fucking great & I've enjoyed them thoroughly.

Beats the shit out of cock/scat pics and Ric Flair aliases.....

But then again.....what doesn't???

vandeleur
02-09-2013, 06:15 AM

I agree who gives a fuck , he is entertaining and part of the wall paper now .
Most threads at some point have a wild nitro story and it makes the place all that better for it .
:D

LoungeMachine
02-09-2013, 06:20 AM
He's admitted to it being 80% bullshit....

Just enjoy the bullshit.....

No one has that many uncles..... :lmao:

FORD
02-09-2013, 02:37 PM
He's admitted to it being 80% bullshit....

Just enjoy the bullshit.....

No one has that many uncles..... :lmao:

Well, he is from a Mormon family, so that's actually possible :biggrin:

Hardrock69
02-09-2013, 03:43 PM
:lmao: