PDA

View Full Version : Elbow Singing For Some Rich Congregation Of Degenerate Bible Thumpers....

Hardrock69
02-10-2013, 02:38 PM
:lmao:

FORD
02-10-2013, 02:44 PM
Wow, let's teach little kids to sing hate. And then applaud it.

The entire fucking "church" should be prosecuted for child abuse, and the so-called parents should lose custody immediately.

I'll bet every one of those losers "home schools" their kids because "no goddamn commie soshialists are gonna teach my kids NOT to hate libruls, queers, and ni**ers!!"

Nickdfresh
02-10-2013, 02:53 PM
That kid's well on his way to being gay...

Nitro Express
02-10-2013, 06:39 PM
What's the problem? Isn't homo Sammy Hagar's nickname?

Hardrock69
02-10-2013, 08:51 PM
Would YOU want your child to grow up wanting to be Spamulus Flatulus? Purveyor of all that is shit?

jhale667
02-10-2013, 11:28 PM
Wow, let's teach little kids to sing hate. And then applaud it.

The entire fucking "church" should be prosecuted for child abuse, and the so-called parents should lose custody immediately.

I'll bet every one of those losers "home schools" their kids because "no goddamn commie soshialists are gonna teach my kids NOT to hate libruls, queers, and ni**ers!!"

Teaching kids to hate is a parenting FAIL.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lfe0ilqINL1qe7gv3o1_400.jpg

Nitro Express
02-11-2013, 12:30 AM
What's interesting about bible based religions is the bible contradicts itself. The Old Testament god is wrathful and jealous and the New Testament god is forgiving and loving. So you can pick and choose how to approach something. Clearly the video of the kid singing is the Old Testament god in action. The New Testament approach would be to love who you perceive to be the sinner, not judge and let god handle things himself. So if the gays are sinning well it's not your place to judge them because judgement is god's so you are still supposed to love them and treat them like human beings regardless of what you think of them.

Thomas Jefferson saw the problem in the bible and came out with the Jefferson bible which was just the New Testament justifying it on that Jesus said he was fulfilling the new law.

Hardrock69
02-11-2013, 12:34 AM
But the Old Testament is a Jewish collection of writings and have nothing to do with Christianity.

Why the Christians bother with it is beyond me. Certainly when it is those intolerant kunts who hate Jews.

Nitro Express
02-11-2013, 12:45 AM
But the Old Testament is a Jewish collection of writings and have nothing to do with Christianity.

Why the Christians bother with it is beyond me. Certainly when it is those intolerant kunts who hate Jews.

Jesus was a jew. He claimed to be the messiah. From a scripture standpoint the christian teachings do need to be separate from the traditional jewish teachings or confusion is the result. Like I said, Thomas Jefferson saw that issue and came out with the Jefferson bible. The problem you run into is many christians will quote from Revelations where it says nothing should be added or taken away from the bible. What they don't get is the bible as we know it today was pieced together at the council of nicea.

The Old Testament is still worth reading for a historical perspective. To understand the New Testament you have to understand what it was derived from originally.

FORD
02-11-2013, 12:55 AM
What Revelations actually says is that nothing should be added to or subtracted from THAT particular prophecy. At the time, John was merely writing down an apocalyptic vision of the future which was given to him by an angel. He had no way of knowing that his writings would be included in a book called "The Holy Bible" or that it would be chosen to be the last part of such a book.

As for Tom Jefferson, he liked the teachings of JC as philosophy, but didn't accept Him as a living incarnation of God, which is why the "Jefferson Bible" eliminates all accounts of JC's miracles and ends with His burial. But then Jefferson never claimed to be a Christian and would describe himself as a "deist".

Nitro Express
02-11-2013, 02:41 AM
What Revelations actually says is that nothing should be added to or subtracted from THAT particular prophecy. At the time, John was merely writing down an apocalyptic vision of the future which was given to him by an angel. He had no way of knowing that his writings would be included in a book called "The Holy Bible" or that it would be chosen to be the last part of such a book.

As for Tom Jefferson, he liked the teachings of JC as philosophy, but didn't accept Him as a living incarnation of God, which is why the "Jefferson Bible" eliminates all accounts of JC's miracles and ends with His burial. But then Jefferson never claimed to be a Christian and would describe himself as a "deist".

It's pretty clear Thomas Jefferson was trying to get away from organized religion. Growing up Mormon you catch a lot of crap from people. The people who give you the most crap is baptists. They are the worst. In fact that Huckabee character and his gang would roll into Salt Lake City and they would go around trying to convert the Mormons to be true christians. LOL! Mike Huckabee did that the tool. Anyways they always would use that scripture in Revelations to show us we were out of line by adding new scripture like the Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, and Pearl of Great Price. Also, that we believed we were capable of becoming gods drove them nuts. LOL!

Ok. A past of practicing polygamy, holy underwear, and some of the temple hocus pocus like baptizing the dead is strange. But then most religions have their strangeness. But in my personal opinion, certain sects of the baptists are certifiably fucking nuts. LOL! I mean the mainstream Mormons these days are Mitt Romeny type characters. They want power, money, and to be popular. The more of these things they get, well, the less the religious hocus pocus becomes important. The modern Mormon church is more like a holding company than the thing Joseph Smith started.

Hardrock69
02-11-2013, 03:06 AM
I feel the Old Testament is valid as an historical work.

The New Testament is a bunch of half-wit fairy tale crap about zombies rising from the dead, etc. and is the part that has been used/abused by churches ever since in order to order their sheep around and make millions.

And I agree about the Mormons.....the religious aspect gets less and less important as time goes on.

What really and truly sucks is that it appears many humans are unable to take responsibility for their own lives or actions.

They have this need to be ordered around by other people. That is what Hitler realized.

I mean, some alien being could land undercover, do some research, then use futuristic technology to appear on the 50 yard line of the Super Bowl some year in a white robe, proclaiming himself to be Jesus, do a few magic tricks using his tech, and 75% of all Christians would believe it was him!

Same with Jews and Muslims....Jews think they have to wear shylocks and funny black hats and bow to a wall of stone repeatedly while mumbling bullshit that is not going to improve their lives one bit.....but might make them feel better.

And the Muslims do not realize that they could live their lives each day without having to bow to Mecca, and Allah would not strike them down.

Women could uncover their faces, drive cars, etc. and their world would not end.

They are all so fucking gullible it just blows my mind.

Nitro Express
02-11-2013, 05:08 AM
I have a friend who got his PHD from the University of Utah and he did his dissertation on the evolution of the administrative side of the church. I read it and it was an interesting read. He was a computer programmer and needed a part time job while he finished school and so he hired on with the church office building and since he saw so much of what went on because of his job, he thought it would make a good dissertation. If you are a church member you can always get a part time job in the church office building because they are always looking for people with some programming, real estate, or administrative skills. A lot of people between jobs with just work for the church until they find a new permanent job.

Anyways what the Mormon church really was in the beginning was some opportunists taking advantage of the Erie Canal being built. New York City became the nations most busy port and Buffalo, New York became the second busiest. The canal ran right through Palmyra, New York where the church was started. The church was geared to appeal to people who believed America was the promised land of opportunity. The new zion or new Jerusalem if you will. Then of course you had the typical persecutions and power squabbles. You had various splinter groups. What ended up in what is now Salt Lake City was successful because of Brigham Young being a genius. The man was a brilliant strategic thinker. He took the church far enough away to where they wouldn't clash with established populations. He was careful enough to settle in places that wouldn't clash with the native American populations. He then ran an aggressive program to bring in as many converts as possible. Most came out of the British isles and Scandinavia. Then the women popped out as many babies as they could. This built his population base up and by the time the country did come out to where he was, they were so established they couldn't be ran out. The federal government sent the US army. Later the federal marshals came in and tried to arrest the church leadership. They had to have some revelations and change things.

Then the church went to cash tithing due to debts and this in two short years made it from issuing bonds to having huge cash surpluses. It invested in water works, electrical companies, agriculture companies. This was the beginning of the corporate church. Then it just got more sophisticated from there to where now it's very sophisticated.

Of course the old racist doctrines had to change. I mean they always can have a new revelation to change things and if done slowly enough nobody notices. The main thing is to keep the organization going and as time goes on, it becomes more focused on real estate and commercial development than the church itself. In fact, the church in a lot of ways has suffered from the over commercialization of the organization. It's less personable. It's become boring and stale. There used to be more of a community feel and more fun activities. I think in time, it's going to lose membership because of people feeling it's become too cold and stale but then will they even care? They have farms, cattle ranches, malls, real estate developments, and media companies to run. So in the future the Mormon church will probably just become a bunch of businesses with maybe a small sliver of the church left. That's where I see it going in the next 100 years.

Nitro Express
02-11-2013, 05:12 AM
I think what most people fail to see that are against religion is these churches are actually businesses. There is a lot more to them than just the church part and there are more motives at play than just worshiping god. Plus people don't like change and there is a family inbred organizational mind control thing going on. It's just not an easy thing to bust up.

It's a control system. Just like our 100 year old Federal Reserve system is a control system. As long as people buy the bullshit and you can hide the little man behind the curtain it works. But with the internet that's almost impossible. What we are learning now is we have been manipulated by numerous population, political, and financial control systems. The nest question is what do we do about it? So really 15 years of internet communications has changed that dynamic. If anything, I see a lot of what is going on now and old system desperately trying to hang onto power. It no longer can enjoy living in the shadows, so now it's become more aggressive in taking power. There really is a showdown between the average people and these entrenched power systems and it's on multiple fronts.

Change is happening but it's beyond what any one politician can bring forth. It's the result of a more connected world and the lack of the old guard being able to hide things. Religion is just one part of the old guard that is going to change.

ashstralia
02-11-2013, 05:34 AM
i read 1 in 10 words and still understood. (kinda)

Nitro Express
02-11-2013, 05:40 AM

The New Testament is a bunch of half-wit fairy tale crap about zombies rising from the dead, etc. and is the part that has been used/abused by churches ever since in order to order their sheep around and make millions.

And I agree about the Mormons.....the religious aspect gets less and less important as time goes on.

What really and truly sucks is that it appears many humans are unable to take responsibility for their own lives or actions.

They have this need to be ordered around by other people. That is what Hitler realized.

I mean, some alien being could land undercover, do some research, then use futuristic technology to appear on the 50 yard line of the Super Bowl some year in a white robe, proclaiming himself to be Jesus, do a few magic tricks using his tech, and 75% of all Christians would believe it was him!

Same with Jews and Muslims....Jews think they have to wear shylocks and funny black hats and bow to a wall of stone repeatedly while mumbling bullshit that is not going to improve their lives one bit.....but might make them feel better.

And the Muslims do not realize that they could live their lives each day without having to bow to Mecca, and Allah would not strike them down.

Women could uncover their faces, drive cars, etc. and their world would not end.

They are all so fucking gullible it just blows my mind.

People love to give their power away. Look at the United States. The founders of this country established self-government. People under the control of theocracies, monarchies, and dictatorships risked their lives to come here and even when they got here they endured many hardships but they wanted the freedom to have a shot at living their lives the way they wanted to. The upside was once people had the freedom to pursue their dreams they created for the most part great things and in the end that created the richest standard of living in world history. It was because of self-government. But self-government is work and the responsibility is on you. Now the oligarchs have taken the power away from the people by manipulating the monetary system for the most part. Once the creation of money is taken from the government that is ran by elected officials and falls into the hands of private bankers, the people start to lose their country. The bankers will just manipulate the interest rates and create bubbles and busts and buy up most the politicians. The corporate problem is just a result of the banking problem. So that is why we need to nationalize the Federal Reserve and once the money is under government control it's under our control. You have to admit the ruling class is good at stealing stuff.

Nitro Express
02-11-2013, 05:42 AM
i read 1 in 10 words and still understood. (kinda)

In short. Religion is a business.

ashstralia
02-11-2013, 05:45 AM
even older than prostitution!

lol

Seshmeister
02-11-2013, 06:48 AM

People scoff at the ridiculous story of how Joseph Smith came up with his scripture but the key difference in believability between the New Testament and the Book of Mormon is that the Bible was written a longer time ago.

An angel gave me it. I mean really. People need to take a step back and have a think about whether they too are like the little boy in the video...

ashstralia
02-11-2013, 06:57 AM
hey, i'm from xenu!

i have supranatural qualities.

Seshmeister
02-11-2013, 08:50 AM
Well for a start you can walk about upside down.

Kristy
02-11-2013, 08:57 AM
Would YOU want your child to grow up wanting to be Spamulus Flatulus? Purveyor of all that is shit?

Obviously that didn't stop your parents.

hambon4lif
02-11-2013, 09:12 AM
Obviously that didn't stop your parents.You're not exactly the poster-child for Planned Parenthood yourself, dude!

LoungeMachine
02-11-2013, 10:30 AM
In short. .

Please, just once?

:gulp:

Seshmeister
02-11-2013, 05:23 PM

Which parts - the garden of Eden, Noah?

There isn't even any evidence at all for the exodus of the Jews from Egypt or their slavery there so it seems that one of the central tenets of Judaism, passover and all that stuff are just fairy tales too.

Zing!
02-11-2013, 05:32 PM

2000 years from now people will probably be saying the same of the prophet Tolkien's body of work and think that Middle Earth must have been a pretty bitchin paradise...

ELVIS
02-12-2013, 10:36 AM

Dude, you're such a fucking dumb ASS...

Maybe dunce is more fitting...

No, dumbass is good...

:elvis:

dazzlindino
02-12-2013, 01:11 PM
I cant understand a word that kid was sayin'....

Hardrock69
02-12-2013, 09:44 PM
Which parts - the garden of Eden, Noah?

No. I am not talking about the fairy tale crap. I am talking about stuff like the lists of kings, etc.

There isn't even any evidence at all for the exodus of the Jews from Egypt or their slavery there so it seems that one of the central tenets of Judaism, passover and all that stuff are just fairy tales too.

Nice thought, but not exactly true. Go look up the Hyksos.

Though their existence predates the era in question as believed by modern Christian zealots by a couple of hundred years or so (when you have a legend that is over 1,000 years old before it is written down for the first time, there is going to be SOME error in the time frame), their story is the same. They showed up, integrated into Eqyptian society...during which time the Pharaoh Akhenaten (The Mose......Mose was a title, not a given name) was the first Pharaoh to try to change the standard religion to the worship of a single god. Soon afterwards there was an open revolt by the native Eqyptians, and the Hyksos were driven out of Egypt.

Right around that time the island of Thera (modern Santorini) blew itself to pieces, creating all of the effects of volcanic eruption which in Old Testament times were attributed to "Acts of God". Things like turning the Nile red, raining flaming hailstones, etc.

All of the rubbish concerning the history of the Jews and the events that led up to their leaving Egypt can be found carved on walls in Egypt as a part of their history, though the exact time frames, and names are different in most cases, due to the fact that the Egyptians of the 2nd-millenium B.C. did not speak English.

But this is slightly irrelevant to the topic at hand.....idiots raising their chilluns to be racist assholes in the guise of "Christianity". ;)

Hardrock69
02-12-2013, 09:49 PM
Dude, you're such a fucking dumb ASS...

:elvis:

So says the Louisiana trailer trash who hangs out in snake-handling churches....

Hardrock69
02-12-2013, 09:51 PM
Here...with subtitles:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9yIUsJPqpY

Nitro Express
02-12-2013, 09:59 PM
Who gives a ratt's ass. It's freedom of religion and freedom of speech. If you don't like what's going on in that church then watch something else. Really. We really need to learn to stay out of other people's business and leave each other alone. Remember free speech is protecting the speech you don't like. The only alternative is to have big brother force everyone into behaving and believe me, none of us want that.

Hardrock69
02-12-2013, 10:09 PM
Hey, freedom of speech means I can ridicule anyone else's speech I want. Especially when it is a product of racism and bigotry.

You defending bigotry?