X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZahZoo
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

VW Hover Car

This looks like it would fun to play with...

The Volkswagen Hover Concept Car is a pod-like zero-emissions vehicle that uses electromagnetic road networks to float above the road.

"If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”
  • Sarge
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

awesome! I can't view the video. Since it uses magnets.. how fast can it go?
    ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
    The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
    [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

It's not a real car. Volkswagen had some Chinese design students come up with some future car ideas and the hover car was chosen to use in a commercial. China is now the worlds largest car market and Volkswagen wants a big piece of that pie. They are going to use Chinese designers to design Volkswagens for the Chinese market.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

That video looks fake as fuck to me. And while I can definitely buy the idea of a magnetic car, I do NOT buy the idea mentioned in the video that the car "floats" above mineral deposits in the ground.

Now if you had roads with magnetic metal down the middle of them, the concept would be a lot more realistic.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

In reality it would be... Oh this looks so cool! Holy fuckl! It floats! Can't this piece of shit move faster?
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
            It's not a real car. Volkswagen had some Chinese design students come up with some future car ideas and the hover car was chosen to use in a commercial. China is now the worlds largest car market and Volkswagen wants a big piece of that pie. They are going to use Chinese designers to design Volkswagens for the Chinese market.
            Volkswagen already has a big piece of the Chinese pie...

Comment

• Coyote
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

I'll wait for the hover-conversions...

Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
              It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

Working...