PDA

View Full Version : Good God....The Man In Charge Of Choosing Textbooks In Texas Is NUTS!

Hardrock69
02-19-2013, 01:22 AM
He thinks dinosaurs and humans co-existed.

He also is in charge of deciding what textbooks are bought for the Texas educational system, and where Texas leads, other states follow.

I cannot believe such an idiot is in such a position of power. :mad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5nBpCNyq2ZM

FORD
02-19-2013, 01:28 AM
Between this goober and that birther wackjob Oily Twatz, I'd say there's a case to be made for permanent brain damage to dentists, probably resulting from high levels of mercury exposure and breathing in powdered teeth fragments for years.

ashstralia
02-19-2013, 01:31 AM
that's weird! we have a dentist here who believes in Icke (sp) style conspiracy theories and other such nonsense...

Nitro Express
02-19-2013, 01:41 AM
Dress up like a reptile and scare the shit out of him.

Nitro Express
02-19-2013, 01:47 AM
He thinks dinosaurs and humans co-existed.

He also is in charge of deciding what textbooks are bought for the Texas educational system, and where Texas leads, other states follow.

I cannot believe such an idiot is in such a position of power. :mad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5nBpCNyq2ZM

This is why people home school now.:biggrin:

Nitro Express
02-19-2013, 01:55 AM
Between this goober and that birther wackjob Oily Twatz, I'd say there's a case to be made for permanent brain damage to dentists, probably resulting from high levels of mercury exposure and breathing in powdered teeth fragments for years.

Dentists are known to huff nitrous too. I had a dentist that would get on the stuff and set the timer on the machine to shut off automatically. One day it didn't and it killed him. This guy seems to have some brain cells missing.

FORD
02-19-2013, 01:56 AM
Actually, most of the home-schoolers are right wing wackjobs too, so they probably use this sick son of a bitch's text/propaganda books.

Nitro Express
02-19-2013, 02:05 AM
LAS VEGAS–With the New Jersey Dental Association's annual convention less than one week away, excitement is building among the city's prostitutes.

Two of the countless Las Vegas prostitutes gearing up for next week's dentists' convention.

The four-day event, which will bring some 1,500 New Jersey dentist-johns to the Las Vegas MGM Grand Hotel, is expected to pump an estimated $75,000 into the local streetwalking economy.

"This is the big one," pimp Marlon "The Pearl" Evans said. "We don't see this kind of action from anyone else all year–the electronics-industry convention, the auto show, insurance seminars, no one. The average car dealer or pet-store owner in town for a convention might treat himself to a piece if he thinks he can spare it, but he doesn't have what we in the business call 'dentist money.'"

"The dentists' convention is where we pull out all the stops," said Lucy Calhoun, owner of Juicy Lucy's, a popular Vegas-area brothel. "The average dentist has an unusual combination of cash and low self-esteem that makes him an ideal customer."

Dentists like to drill things and fill cavities. Makes sense. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. Don't bring it back to Texas with you.

vandeleur
02-19-2013, 03:36 AM
Atlantic triangular trade and dinosaurs on the ark ... Them Spielberg movies got it all wrong .

Seshmeister
02-19-2013, 04:35 AM
The similar threads feature at the bottom of the page works better some times than others... :)

jhale667
02-19-2013, 12:13 PM
Dude's nuts. No way should this dude be deciding what kids learn, he's demonstrated he is in NO WAY qualified.

Nitro Express
02-19-2013, 12:30 PM
Dude's nuts. No way should this dude be deciding what kids learn, he's demonstrated he is in NO WAY qualified.

Yeah but it's not our decision. It's the people of Texas decision. It's their state. They are the deciders.

jhale667
02-19-2013, 12:35 PM
Yeah but it's not our decision. It's the people of Texas decision. It's their state. They are the deciders.

You're overlooking the fact their idiotic decisions impact textbooks in the rest of the country, and NO kid should be taught that bullshit PERIOD.

Seshmeister
02-19-2013, 12:48 PM
It's child abuse.

FORD
02-19-2013, 12:48 PM
Any state that elects Chimpy twice, and then follows up with three terms of pRick Perry does not deserve to decide ANYTHING else for the rest of the country.

jhale667
02-19-2013, 12:52 PM
It's child abuse.

Exactly. Teaching kids creationism. Sugar-coating slavery, implying McCarthy WASN'T an unpatriotic douche - all this shit is child abuse. Not to mention the reason why the US is falling behind the rest of the world educationally.

Va Beach VH Fan
02-19-2013, 01:14 PM
Yay religion !!!

jhale667
02-19-2013, 01:17 PM
Yay religion !!!

Religion is a fucking cancer.

Nitro Express
02-19-2013, 01:26 PM
You're overlooking the fact their idiotic decisions impact textbooks in the rest of the country, and NO kid should be taught that bullshit PERIOD.

What's to say your educational system in your local area has to use those textbooks? It's the information age. Nobody has a monopoly on information anymore. It's why I'm for as many choices as possible instead of having everything centralized.

Nitro Express
02-19-2013, 01:29 PM
Any state that elects Chimpy twice, and then follows up with three terms of pRick Perry does not deserve to decide ANYTHING else for the rest of the country.

Vote with your pocketbook. Don't buy those textbooks. Simple as that.

Nitro Express
02-19-2013, 01:34 PM
It's why math was my favorite subject. It's either right or wrong and impossible to politicize or tie an agenda to. If you are good at it, you can get better jobs than people who suck at it.

FORD
02-19-2013, 01:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URmIucK00j8

jhale667
02-19-2013, 01:49 PM

NO IT'S NOT. Geez, I don't even have kids and I know that's totally absofuckingloutely wrong. They pick what ends up being the textbooks for the nation - which is why zealotards should have NO say in the selection process.

FORD
02-19-2013, 02:01 PM
What's to say your educational system in your local area has to use those textbooks? It's the information age. Nobody has a monopoly on information anymore. It's why I'm for as many choices as possible instead of having everything centralized.

It's why math was my favorite subject. It's either right or wrong and impossible to politicize or tie an agenda to. If you are good at it, you can get better jobs than people who suck at it.

Your three consecutive posts here completely contradict each other.....

Because if math were your favorite subject, you would easily recognize the fact that Texas is a huge state, which means they have more schools than other states, and therefore buy more textbooks than most other states. So textbook publishers feel "obligated" to cater to Texas in the content of their books for that reason, because it is such a huge market. Unfortunately, even with modern technology, it's not practical for textbooks to be printed in both "fundagelical backasswards religious dipshit edition" and then a normal edition for the rest of the country. So all the normal states get stuck with the same books that these fucking morons want.

LoungeMachine
02-19-2013, 02:06 PM
It's why math was my favorite subject. It's either right or wrong and impossible to politicize or tie an agenda to. .

You would never make it as a Polster then...

:gulp:

Although I'm sure you had an uncle who was one once.....

Nitro Express
02-19-2013, 02:08 PM
NO IT'S NOT. Geez, I don't even have kids and I know that's totally absofuckingloutely wrong. They pick what ends up being the textbooks for the nation - which is why zealotards should have NO say in the selection process.

I don't think you get the concept. There isn't just one history book. You have many to choose from. If they all suck you can make your own. Many teachers and professors do that now. It's so easy to have things published. If your department of education buys shitty textbooks well maybe they have a problem. Just because Gibson does shitty fretwork doesn't mean you have to buy a Gibson.

Nitro Express
02-19-2013, 02:13 PM
Your three consecutive posts here completely contradict each other.....

Because if math were your favorite subject, you would easily recognize the fact that Texas is a huge state, which means they have more schools than other states, and therefore buy more textbooks than most other states. So textbook publishers feel "obligated" to cater to Texas in the content of their books for that reason, because it is such a huge market. Unfortunately, even with modern technology, it's not practical for textbooks to be printed in both "fundagelical backasswards religious dipshit edition" and then a normal edition for the rest of the country. So all the normal states get stuck with the same books that these fucking morons want.

Yeah but they are buying ONE textbook. Don't tell me the whole country buys the same ONE textbook. Education is a huge business and you have all sorts of people trying to sell Departments of Education and school districts stuff. It's like saying the people in Texas like this one type of guitar and so all the rest of you are going to have to buy it too. Like I said, if the text books are shit write your own. I've seen this done on the class level in universities. Why can't schools do it?

chefcraig
02-19-2013, 02:16 PM
Hey, it could be worse. The guy's office could be on the 6th floor of the building marked A in this photo.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l144/robbjames/DealeyPlaza.jpg

LoungeMachine
02-19-2013, 02:22 PM
Too soon?

jhale667
02-19-2013, 02:25 PM
I don't think you get the concept.

Meanwhile, we KNOW you don't.

chefcraig
02-19-2013, 02:28 PM
Too soon?

I still can't get my head beyond the fact that in November, it will be 50 years. :(

Nitro Express
02-19-2013, 03:06 PM
Meanwhile, we KNOW you don't.

It may be true that the guy in Texas is crazy but it's not true that Texas influences everything. California is a big enough state they could publish their own textbooks. Like I said I have seen this on the class level at one college done by one professor. He didn't like what was available off the shelf so he published his own book because his class was unique. Granted the book was paperback and not hard cover but this business of saying Texas influences what information can be taught in another state is silly.

FORD
02-19-2013, 03:09 PM
It's like saying the people in Texas like this one type of guitar and so all the rest of you are going to have to buy it too.

No, it's not like that at all. But if these morons had their way, they would probably ban electric guitars too. Might get some protests in Austin though.....

jhale667
02-19-2013, 04:20 PM
Nyquil needs to do some research on how textbooks are chosen in the U.S.

Coyote
02-19-2013, 05:16 PM

Sure... :biggrin:

Nitro Express
02-19-2013, 06:32 PM

It all depends on the school. You have public schools, private schools, and charter schools. Typically in public schools the state board of education decides what text books they are going to use and that decision differs state to state.

Hardrock69
03-10-2013, 10:26 PM
Yes it does.

The private schools in Louisiana teach the same kind of horseshit (most plantation owners treated their slaves well, the Trail Of Tears led more Indians to Christ, dinosaurs and humans co-existed, etc.):

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/06/louisiana-voucher-school-hippies_n_2823510.html?utm_hp_ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false#sb=1063157,b=facebook

FORD
03-11-2013, 12:07 AM
Yes it does.

The private schools in Louisiana teach the same kind of horseshit (most plantation owners treated their slaves well, the Trail Of Tears led more Indians to Christ, dinosaurs and humans co-existed, etc.):

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/06/louisiana-voucher-school-hippies_n_2823510.html?utm_hp_ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false#sb=1063157,b=facebook

Well, that would explain why ELVIS believes some of the things he does.....

Nitro Express
03-11-2013, 12:14 AM
Well it all depends on what hippie you are talking about. Charles Manson might fit the southern school description but I doubt Jerry Garcia would. Jerry might have gotten dirty a few times but I doubt he worshipped Satan.

cadaverdog
03-11-2013, 11:40 AM
But when someone wants schools to teach your kids evolution only, homosexuality as normal behavior or the white man is the devil people don't have the same reaction. It only pisses some people off if it goes against them.

FORD
03-11-2013, 12:00 PM
But when someone wants schools to teach your kids evolution only, homosexuality as normal behavior or the white man is the devil people don't have the same reaction. It only pisses some people off if it goes against them.

Oh you're still mad because your school didn't cover socks in their sex education classes. :sockfucker:

ELVIS
03-11-2013, 12:02 PM
Exactly. Teaching kids creationism. Sugar-coating slavery, implying McCarthy WASN'T an unpatriotic douche - all this shit is child abuse.

And you say I'm paranoid ??

jhale667
03-11-2013, 12:07 PM

You are.

What's that got to do with the effort to teach kids BULLSHIT like I mentioned? And how is setting kids up to FAIL by doing so, not abusive?

FORD
03-11-2013, 12:08 PM

Just because you're paranoid
Don't mean they're not after you......