PDA

View Full Version : VH fan makes fake Guy Fieri website

sadaist
02-20-2013, 05:22 PM
Some guy bought the domain name and made a funny fake menu ripping on Guy Fieri. Was on Yahoo front page today. Read the recipes....you'll see this guy is an obvious VH fan.

http://guysamericankitchenandbar.com/

http://guysamericankitchenandbar.com/guy.jpg

ELVIS
02-20-2013, 05:26 PM
I don't get it...

Nickdfresh
02-20-2013, 06:06 PM
I don't get it...

There's a shock! :)

ZahZoo
02-20-2013, 06:44 PM
I always change the channel when that guy comes... reminds me of Hagar too much.

Nickdfresh
02-20-2013, 07:29 PM
I also read something about his new restaurant in NYC being torn apart by the food critics, so he's not having a good year with this...

jhale667
02-20-2013, 07:38 PM
I don't get it...

Much like a neutered dog...

Zing!
02-20-2013, 08:04 PM
The descriptions for Football: The Meal and the Panamanian! made me laugh till I cried. Good stuff.

Nitro Express
02-21-2013, 02:17 AM
Honky-Tonky Double Barrel Meat Loaded Blast....:lmao::lmao:

The dude that really disgusts me is the one that goes around to all the places that serve huge portions and you see him eat five gallon of cheese fries or something. I don't know how much that cable channel is paying him but he's heading for a heart attack and what good is the money then?

Seshmeister
02-21-2013, 07:15 AM
Here comes the backlash...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/yourcommunity/2013/02/guy-fieri-parody-menu-creator-slammed-for-stealing-twitter-jokes.html

Nitro Express
02-21-2013, 11:38 AM
If you know what kalamata olives sell for these days, the Olive Garden salad is a real bargain. LOL! 22 pounds of them for just $15.90? That's a steal.

Zing!
02-21-2013, 12:00 PM
Why in the hell would anyone eat at Haggar's twin brother's joint when there must be 1000's of better, authentic, and home town eateries to dine at? That's like going to France and ordering a Le Big Mac...

DLR Bridge
02-21-2013, 12:09 PM
Honky-Tonky Double Barrel Meat Loaded Blast....:lmao::lmao:

The dude that really disgusts me is the one that goes around to all the places that serve huge portions and you see him eat five gallon of cheese fries or something. I don't know how much that cable channel is paying him but he's heading for a heart attack and what good is the money then?

Is that the Man vs. Food show? Yeah, I don't get it. He's not even funny. Getting paid to stuff his boring face and clog toilets around the country.

DLR Bridge
02-21-2013, 12:10 PM
Why in the hell would anyone eat at Haggar's twin brother's joint when there must be 1000's of better, authentic, and home town eateries to dine at? That's like going to France and ordering a Le Big Mac...

You mean a Royale with cheese.

Zing!
02-21-2013, 01:05 PM
You know what they put on French fries in Holland instead of ketchup?

PETE'S BROTHER
02-21-2013, 01:06 PM
mayo.

jhale667
02-21-2013, 10:42 PM
mayo.

Yep, have seen a euro transfer do that at lunch... :019:

Can't bring myself to try it, mostly because I hate mayo in general... one combo I was surprised is good together- BBQ sauce and ranch dressing... who knew?

Nitro Express
02-22-2013, 03:05 AM

Oh Oh. We's going into Pulp Fiction territory here. I'll have a McRoyal with cheese, let me get my money out of my Bad Motherfucker to pay for it. Do you take US Dollars? I forgot to exchange them for Euros.

Nitro Express
02-22-2013, 03:07 AM

They probably have McEscargot nuggets too. LOL! Eat some before you go to EuroDisney.

Nitro Express
02-22-2013, 03:09 AM
Yep, have seen a euro transfer do that at lunch... :019:

Can't bring myself to try it, mostly because I hate mayo in general... one combo I was surprised is good together- BBQ sauce and ranch dressing... who knew?

white creamy sauces can be scary. Especially if you have pissed off the waiter or a member of the kitchen staff. Who knows what they do back there.

Angel
02-22-2013, 09:21 AM

I love fries with mayo.

Nickdfresh
02-22-2013, 10:12 AM
Here comes the backlash...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/yourcommunity/2013/02/guy-fieri-parody-menu-creator-slammed-for-stealing-twitter-jokes.html

Pity this cunt didn't attribute it and plagiarized Twatterers, like a certain now banned troll who shall remain nameless used to do. Although, I think he was a thief that stole from a thief that already posted a lot of this on Facecrook...

Nickdfresh
02-22-2013, 10:26 AM
I love fries with mayo.

It is addicting...

Nickdfresh
02-22-2013, 10:32 AM
Here's the New York Times review of his NYC restaurant. I'm sorry, but he seems to be pretty easy to hate with his try hard rock-hipster douchebaggery and buffoon-like pandering to the people who love bands like Nickleback, Chicken Foot, and Matchbox 20. The review is actually as funny as the menu...

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/14/dining/reviews/restaurant-review-guys-american-kitchen-bar-in-times-square.html?_r=0

Rating: Poor

November 13, 2012
As Not Seen on TV
By PETE WELLS

GUY FIERI, have you eaten at your new restaurant in Times Square? Have you pulled up one of the 500 seats at Guy’s American Kitchen & Bar and ordered a meal? Did you eat the food? Did it live up to your expectations?

Did panic grip your soul as you stared into the whirling hypno wheel of the menu, where adjectives and nouns spin in a crazy vortex? When you saw the burger described as “Guy’s Pat LaFrieda custom blend, all-natural Creekstone Farm Black Angus beef patty, LTOP (lettuce, tomato, onion + pickle), SMC (super-melty-cheese) and a slathering of Donkey Sauce on garlic-buttered brioche,” did your mind touch the void for a minute?

Did you notice that the menu was an unreliable predictor of what actually came to the table? Were the “bourbon butter crunch chips” missing from your Almond Joy cocktail, too? Was your deep-fried “boulder” of ice cream the size of a standard scoop?

What exactly about a small salad with four or five miniature croutons makes Guy’s Famous Big Bite Caesar (a) big (b) famous or (c) Guy’s, in any meaningful sense?

Were you struck by how very far from awesome the Awesome Pretzel Chicken Tenders are? If you hadn’t come up with the recipe yourself, would you ever guess that the shiny tissue of breading that exudes grease onto the plate contains either pretzels or smoked almonds? Did you discern any buttermilk or brine in the white meat, or did you think it tasted like chewy air?

Why is one of the few things on your menu that can be eaten without fear or regret — a lunch-only sandwich of chopped soy-glazed pork with coleslaw and cucumbers — called a Roasted Pork Bahn Mi, when it resembles that item about as much as you resemble Emily Dickinson?

When you have a second, Mr. Fieri, would you see what happened to the black bean and roasted squash soup we ordered?

Hey, did you try that blue drink, the one that glows like nuclear waste? The watermelon margarita? Any idea why it tastes like some combination of radiator fluid and formaldehyde?

At your five Johnny Garlic’s restaurants in California, if servers arrive with main courses and find that the appetizers haven’t been cleared yet, do they try to find space for the new plates next to the dirty ones? Or does that just happen in Times Square, where people are used to crowding?

If a customer shows up with a reservation at one of your two Tex Wasabi’s outlets, and the rest of the party has already been seated, does the host say, “Why don’t you have a look around and see if you can find them?” and point in the general direction of about 200 seats?

What is going on at this new restaurant of yours, really?

Has anyone ever told you that your high-wattage passion for no-collar American food makes you television’s answer to Calvin Trillin, if Mr. Trillin bleached his hair, drove a Camaro and drank Boozy Creamsicles? When you cruise around the country for your show “Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives,” rasping out slangy odes to the unfancy places where Americans like to get down and greasy, do you really mean it?

Or is it all an act? Is that why the kind of cooking you celebrate on television is treated with so little respect at Guy’s American Kitchen & Bar?

How, for example, did Rhode Island’s supremely unhealthy and awesomely good fried calamari — dressed with garlic butter and pickled hot peppers — end up in your restaurant as a plate of pale, unsalted squid rings next to a dish of sweet mayonnaise with a distant rumor of spice?

How did Louisiana’s blackened, Cajun-spiced treatment turn into the ghostly nubs of unblackened, unspiced white meat in your Cajun Chicken Alfredo?

How did nachos, one of the hardest dishes in the American canon to mess up, turn out so deeply unlovable? Why augment tortilla chips with fried lasagna noodles that taste like nothing except oil? Why not bury those chips under a properly hot and filling layer of melted cheese and jalapeños instead of dribbling them with thin needles of pepperoni and cold gray clots of ground turkey?

By the way, would you let our server know that when we asked for chai, he brought us a cup of hot water?

When you hung that sign by the entrance that says, WELCOME TO FLAVOR TOWN!, were you just messing with our heads?

Does this make it sound as if everything at Guy’s American Kitchen & Bar is inedible? I didn’t say that, did I?

Tell me, though, why does your kitchen sabotage even its more appealing main courses with ruinous sides and sauces? Why stifle a pretty good bison meatloaf in a sugary brown glaze with no undertow of acid or spice? Why send a serviceable herb-stuffed rotisserie chicken to the table in the company of your insipid Rice-a-Roni variant?

Why undermine a big fist of slow-roasted pork shank, which might fly in many downtown restaurants if the General Tso’s-style sauce were a notch less sweet, with randomly shaped scraps of carrot that combine a tough, nearly raw crunch with the deadened, overcooked taste of school cafeteria vegetables?

Is this how you roll in Flavor Town?

Somewhere within the yawning, three-level interior of Guy’s American Kitchen & Bar, is there a long refrigerated tunnel that servers have to pass through to make sure that the French fries, already limp and oil-sogged, are also served cold?

What accounts for the vast difference between the Donkey Sauce recipe you’ve published and the Donkey Sauce in your restaurant? Why has the hearty, rustic appeal of roasted-garlic mayonnaise been replaced by something that tastes like Miracle Whip with minced raw garlic?

And when we hear the words Donkey Sauce, which part of the donkey are we supposed to think about?

Is the entire restaurant a very expensive piece of conceptual art? Is the shapeless, structureless baked alaska that droops and slumps and collapses while you eat it, or don’t eat it, supposed to be a representation in sugar and eggs of the experience of going insane?

Why did the toasted marshmallow taste like fish?

Did you finish that blue drink?

Oh, and we never got our Vegas fries; would you mind telling the kitchen that we don’t need them?

Thanks.

Guy’s American Kitchen & Bar

POOR

220 West 44th Street (Seventh Avenue), (646) 532-4897, guysamerican.com.

ATMOSPHERE 500 seats, three levels, three bars, one chaotic mess.

SERVICE The well-meaning staff seems to realize that this is not a real restaurant.

SOUND LEVEL Rawk and roll, but at moderate volumes.

RECOMMENDED Roasted Pork Bahn Mi, General Tso’s Crispy Pork Shank, Cedar Plank Salmon with Jalapeño Apricot Jam.

DRINKS AND WINE Margaritas, while too sweet and strong, are the best cocktails. Draft beers are better than the largely dull wines.

PRICES Soups, salads and appetizers, $8.95 to $16.50; sandwiches, pastas and main courses, $16.95 to $31.50.

HOURS Sunday to Wednesday, 11:30 a.m. to midnight; Thursday to Saturday, 11:30 a.m. to 1 a.m.

RESERVATIONS Accepted.

WHEELCHAIR ACCESS The bar area and an accessible restroom are on street level.

WHAT THE STARS MEAN Ratings range from zero to four stars and reflect the reviewer’s reaction primarily to food, with ambience, service and price taken into consideration.

Follow Pete Wells on Twitter: @pete_wells
E-mail: petewells@nytimes.com

DLR Bridge
02-22-2013, 10:34 AM
Try fries with Sandwich Pal. Shit, try everything with Sandwich Pal. Except cereal or a bowl of ice cream.

Nitro Express
02-22-2013, 11:50 AM
I love fries with mayo.

Mix ketchup and mayo 50/50 and dip your fries in it.

Nitro Express
02-22-2013, 11:53 AM
Here's the New York Times review of his NYC restaurant. I'm sorry, but he seems to be pretty easy to hate with his try hard rock-hipster douchebaggery and buffoon-like pandering to the people who love bands like Nickleback, Chicken Foot, and Matchbox 20. The review is actually as funny as the menu...

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/14/dining/reviews/restaurant-review-guys-american-kitchen-bar-in-times-square.html?_r=0

Some people think Pete Wells of the New York Times had a political motive. Apparently Guy said something offensive to gays and Mr. Wells was getting some revenge. Real customers have said the restaurant sucks and is kind of a Times Square tourist trap selling image. Basically the Gibson guitars of food.

Nickdfresh
02-22-2013, 05:26 PM
Some people think Pete Wells of the New York Times had a political motive. Apparently Guy said something offensive to gays and Mr. Wells was getting some revenge. Real customers have said the restaurant sucks and is kind of a Times Square tourist trap selling image. Basically the Gibson guitars of food.

I doubt Gibson is that sullied. And it could also be the Fieri camp making excuses. Wells stated on a blog that the staff of the NY Times often eats in the tourist trap area of Times Square as that is where they are published...

envy_me
02-22-2013, 05:28 PM
Mix ketchup and mayo 50/50 and dip your fries in it.

I like ketchup with a lot of black peppar in it.

BITEYOASS
02-22-2013, 06:02 PM
This parody is hilarious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaO-vIOCvsc

Nitro Express
02-22-2013, 06:20 PM
I like ketchup with a lot of black peppar in it.

That's interesting. Heck. Mix all three together and see what you get.

Nitro Express
02-22-2013, 06:27 PM

This one was way better than the one SNL did.

BITEYOASS
02-22-2013, 10:25 PM
This one was way better than the one SNL did.

It from the comedy improv group known as "The Upright Citizens Brigade". They also did one about Orson Welles' infamous "Paul Mason Wine" outtakes.

BITEYOASS
02-22-2013, 10:29 PM
I love fries with mayo.

That is the reason we drove you Loyalists out of the thirteen colonies. j/k :bigwink:

BITEYOASS
02-22-2013, 10:33 PM
Here's the New York Times review of his NYC restaurant. I'm sorry, but he seems to be pretty easy to hate with his try hard rock-hipster douchebaggery and buffoon-like pandering to the people who love bands like Nickleback, Chicken Foot, and Matchbox 20.

Speaking of which, starting at the 2:34 mark...

http://youtu.be/eywfZh1n8ZE?t=2m34s

Nitro Express
02-22-2013, 11:36 PM
Speaking of which, starting at the 2:34 mark...

http://youtu.be/eywfZh1n8ZE?t=2m34s

I'm on my way to the Nickelback concert and my good friend Vanilla Ice is coming with me. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Bourdain is about the only one of these food guys I can stand.

envy_me
02-23-2013, 01:28 AM
That's interesting.

You've never tried it? It's a classic.

Angel
02-23-2013, 05:39 AM
That is the reason we drove you Loyalists out of the thirteen colonies. j/k :bigwink:

But that's where you are mistaken, monsieur. I did not descend from you loyalists...us froggies were here long before you Brits and Yanks showed up, lol.

PETE'S BROTHER
02-23-2013, 10:14 AM
i went thru a phase of french fries with tartar sauce, i liked it.

clarathecarrot
02-23-2013, 11:17 AM
I'm on my way to the Nickelback concert and my good friend Vanilla Ice is coming with me. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I rarely missed any episodes I dug it when he would walk down the slums of NY streets or wherever, in that p-coat shaped worn leather jacket with a cig hanging out of his mouth like a junkie after a nice score of some smack..dude has some stories and some style if you ask me.

For like 5 years I watched then he went HD or the channel did and I was out...I mean do I want the tampon commercials in HD waiting all week for the next episode...so I am Bourdaineless for over a year and a half....sad face ....perhaps my favorite show on the whole damn box.

I saw him look across the table at that Italian chick in the episode where he met her and i knew he was hooked...she seemed cool and what he needed then married her.. He rented a house in the hills and then shot a show and she was a guest I think that is what went down what a great babe.

Italian chicks got some smoke about them.

Nickdfresh
02-23-2013, 11:25 AM

Actually it's more of a Euro thing, a lot of Army guys bring the habit back from Germany...

I like the joke about douchebags wearing their glasses backwards "protecting the neck" while looking like tryhard dicks...

Nickdfresh
02-23-2013, 11:36 AM

I totally called the Nickelback faggotry!

Bourdain seems like a cool cat...

envy_me
02-23-2013, 11:53 AM
I have actually been to a Nickelback concert. Couple of years ago. A friend likes them and nobody else wanted to join her so I did it for her.

I don't remember anything from the show, that is how memorable it was.
I am NEVER doing anything with that girl ever again. It was the most boring thing ever. I like to stand in line and drink. She didn't wanna hear about it. And after the show I wanted to continue to a club, but she refused.
SO boring. Nowdays I meet her for lunch every now and then, and that's it.

envy_me
02-23-2013, 11:59 AM
Actually it's more of a Euro thing, a lot of Army guys bring the habit back from Germany...

I like the joke about douchebags wearing their glasses backwards "protecting the neck" while looking like tryhard dicks...

Really? You don't do it over there?

Try a little mayo on your pizza (just before you eat it).

I have at least two friends who dip their fries in vanilla milkshake. What's up with that? I refuse to try it.

PETE'S BROTHER
02-23-2013, 12:06 PM

I have at least two friends who dip their fries in vanilla milkshake. What's up with that? I refuse to try it.

it is tasty

jhale667
02-23-2013, 12:09 PM

"Stop getting high with the singer of Smash Mouth and go get a fucking job!" :lol:

Angel
02-23-2013, 12:11 PM
I have actually been to a Nickelback concert. Couple of years ago. A friend likes them and nobody else wanted to join her so I did it for her.

I don't remember anything from the show, that is how memorable it was.

But have your ears stopped bleeding yet?

Nickdfresh
02-23-2013, 07:27 PM

It's starting to catch on, but ketchup is the American fry-drug of choice. Upscale, trending "gastropubs" are opening here featuring mostly Belgian type foods like duck frites, or french fries done in duck oil and served with a variety of specialty mayo-based dips...

Zing!
02-23-2013, 07:56 PM

One time I took my kid sister to a Whitney Houston concert. Do I win?

All right... we'll call it a draw.

Nitro Express
02-23-2013, 11:54 PM
It from the comedy improv group known as "The Upright Citizens Brigade". They also did one about Orson Welles' infamous "Paul Mason Wine" outtakes.

I loved that one as well.

BITEYOASS
02-24-2013, 12:24 AM
But that's where you are mistaken, monsieur. I did not descend from you loyalists...us froggies were here long before you Brits and Yanks showed up, lol.

Whoops! My bad! The Loyalists usually have malt vinegar with their chips....I mean fries! On a side note, one of my have distant relatives who immigrated to the Toronto-area from Scotland in the late 1800's and one of them probably served in one of the local Scottish regiments in HM's Canadian Army. My great-grandmother even kept his maple leaf lapel-pin. These Scottish tendencies to drink Scotch, have malt-vinegar with my fries, and eat black pudding--tend to pop up every now and then.

Nitro Express
02-24-2013, 12:40 AM
Whoops! My bad! The Loyalists usually have malt vinegar with their chips....I mean fries! On a side note, one of my have distant relatives who immigrated to the Toronto-area from Scotland in the late 1800's and one of them probably served in one of the local Scottish regiments in HM's Canadian Army. My great-grandmother even kept his maple leaf lapel-pin. These Scottish tendencies to drink Scotch, have malt-vinegar with my fries, and eat black pudding--tend to pop up every now and then.

There used to be a couple of really good fish and chips places around when I was a kid. It was north atlantic cod and the big fries with some cole slaw on the side. I always doused the fish with malt vinegar but put ketchup on the fries. Mayo to me is just something you mix with ketchup to make fry dipping sauce or use as a bread spread. Dunking stuff in it straight seems nasty and I like go light on the mayo on sandwiches and stuff. it's really hard to find good fish and chips anymore.

As far as pizza goes I'm a New York style guy. I don't like thick crust or a lot of garbage on my pizza. If the crust sucks nothing else you dump on it is going to compensate for that atrocity.

envy_me
02-24-2013, 04:38 AM
My condolences.

Thank you :-)

envy_me
02-24-2013, 04:39 AM
But have your ears stopped bleeding yet?

Not yet. I still have to stick tampons in my ears from that show, every now and then :biggrin:

envy_me
02-24-2013, 04:42 AM
One time I took my kid sister to a Whitney Houston concert. Do I win?

All right... we'll call it a draw.

Yeah, actually you do win. At least Nickelback you can tune out to a degree. Whitneys wailing is far too agressive to ignore. I am so sorry for you. I hated her singing.

envy_me
02-24-2013, 04:49 AM
It's starting to catch on, but ketchup is the American fry-drug of choice. Upscale, trending "gastropubs" are opening here featuring mostly Belgian type foods like duck frites, or french fries done in duck oil and served with a variety of specialty mayo-based dips...

I love dips. I used to work for a swedish fastfood chain when I was young. Since then I can't eat fries without a dip. But we who worked there understood from the American customers that would come in that you guys don't have the dipping culture like we do :D
Here are the dips we had were I worked. They tasted SO good.

http://www.max.se/maxdip.aspx

They have some more that aren't listed here, like Blue Cheese etc...

ashstralia
02-24-2013, 04:58 AM
hmm.. dips. olives for me please. with a little crushed tomato and garlic paste. nice crisp crackers and quality vintage cheese. heaven

envy_me
02-24-2013, 05:16 AM
hmm.. dips. olives for me please. with a little crushed tomato and garlic paste. nice crisp crackers and quality vintage cheese. heaven

Hmm, i've never tried that. Sounds good.

Nitro Express
02-24-2013, 06:01 AM
I love dips. I used to work for a swedish fastfood chain when I was young. Since then I can't eat fries without a dip. But we who worked there understood from the American customers that would come in that you guys don't have the dipping culture like we do :D

We don't use different kinds of dips for french fries. We do for chicken wings, chicken nuggets, chips, and vegetables. Go to a party here in the states and you will see all sorts of dips. Our fast food places sell similar kinds of dips but we aren't dunking french fries in them. We are dunking pieces of fried chicken in them.

Also. To certain chefs, smothering things in a lot of sauce is a sign the food isn't good. A good steak needs no steak sauce.

Nitro Express
02-24-2013, 06:08 AM
My favorite party dip is 7 layer dip.

envy_me
02-24-2013, 06:10 AM
We don't use different kinds of dips for french fries. We do for chicken wings, chicken nuggets, chips, and vegetables. Go to a party here in the states and you will see all sorts of dips. Our fast food places sell similar kinds of dips but we aren't dunking french fries in them. We are dunking pieces of fried chicken in them.

Also. To certain chefs, smothering things in a lot of sauce is a sign the food isn't good. A good steak needs no steak sauce.

Here people also dip the nuggets but most people choose curry dip or sweet and sour. All other dips are meant for fries.
I hate dipping snacks like chips.
Love to dip carrots and cucumbers. As a snack that is, not in a meal.

envy_me
02-24-2013, 06:14 AM
My favorite party dip is 7 layer dip.

Wow, never seen anything like that.

Nitro Express
02-24-2013, 06:18 AM
The vegetables and dips are pretty much a snack or an appetizer. Chips and dip are party food. You throw a party and there usually is a table full of all shorts of vegetables, chips, and dips.

envy_me
02-24-2013, 06:23 AM
I often like Ajvar with fries. Or mustard. Or ketchup with a lot of black peppar in it.

Nitro Express
02-24-2013, 06:24 AM
It's a pretty popular Mexican style dip in these parts. My wife makes it. Here's a recipe that is pretty close to how she makes it.

http://www.food.com/recipe/7-layer-dip-126480

Nitro Express
02-24-2013, 06:30 AM
I pretty much have to have Heinz ketchup. Everything else is crap to me.

Nitro Express
02-24-2013, 06:32 AM
I think my wife substitutes cilantro instead of lettuce. If we go to parties we bring that dip and it's always a hit. People love it. It's great with corn tortilla chips or carrot sticks.

Nitro Express
02-24-2013, 06:38 AM
But a bunch of that dip and a big sack of chips is handy to have when you are smoking weed and get the munchies. LOL!

envy_me
02-24-2013, 06:43 AM
I think my wife substitutes cilantro instead of lettuce. If we go to parties we bring that dip and it's always a hit. People love it. It's great with corn tortilla chips or carrot sticks.

We don't have refried beans here. Do you eat each layer seperately or do you mix it all together when you eat it?

Nitro Express
02-24-2013, 06:47 AM
We don't have refried beans here. Do you eat each layer seperately or do you mix it all together when you eat it?

You can eat it however you want. You can make your own refried beans if you can buy pinto beans. It still would probably be good even without the refried beans as long as you have the guacamole in there.

Angel
02-24-2013, 10:50 AM

The best is poutine. Fries with gravy and cheese curds.

chefcraig
02-24-2013, 10:57 AM

Tell ya what, Triple D did a feature on a guy working out of a food truck that made one which amounted to a heavy seafood chowder served over fresh made french fries, and the stuff looked awesome.

BITEYOASS
02-24-2013, 11:06 AM

Aye lassy, ya poot tew much flavorrrrrrrrrrr in it!

Nickdfresh
02-24-2013, 12:32 PM

There's a lot of Canadian influence here, so a lot of people actually use malt vinegar. I only like it on curly-Q fries, but I don't like curly-Q fries that much. We actually have the only non-Canadian location of Jack Astors, a canuck chain restaurant where they advertize poutine...

Nickdfresh
02-24-2013, 12:45 PM

Real chicken wings are served with blue cheese and barbecue is for fucking kiddies!

http://buffaloeats.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/photo-6.jpg

Also, anyone coming to Buffalo and wanting to sample the local wings (they're chicken wings, not "Buffalo wings") would be best served by avoiding the typical tourist traps and their bullshit stories about inventing wings. The biggest offenders are The Anchor Bar and Duff's, both of whoms' wings are way overrated. You're much better off hitting a small pub/tavern type place like The Nine-Eleven Tavern or Mammosers...

Nickdfresh
02-24-2013, 12:47 PM

I think it's cause fries are (wrongly) considered a side dish here, next to the burger whereas in parts of Europe fries are more of a large appetizer, maybe...

Zing!
02-24-2013, 01:05 PM
There's a lot of Canadian influence here, so a lot of people actually use malt vinegar. I only like it on curly-Q fries, but I don't like curly-Q fries that much. We actually have the only non-Canadian location of Jack Astors, a canuck chain restaurant where they advertize poutine...

Vinegar makes every fried food better. I will positively soak fish and chips in that shit!

FORD
02-24-2013, 01:44 PM
I got addicted to the whole vinegar on fish and chips thing back in the 80s when I worked at Skippers, but I always preferred the garlic vinegar over the malt stuff.

Zing!
02-24-2013, 02:34 PM
Hmmm... Never tried garlic vinegar, sounds tasty. I keep malt on hand at home as just another condiment, right next to the ketchup and mustard. It was a glorious day when I discovered it on potato chips.