PDA

View Full Version : The Return Of Riddick In September.....

Hardrock69
02-23-2013, 01:42 AM
LInk (http://tv.yahoo.com/news/vin-diesel-rules-riddick-204200824.html;_ylt=AjYjchisc.t55AjVc_pSmy2NJvJ_;_ ylu=X3oDMTRrbHZrdjdkBGNjb2RlA3ZzaGFyZWFnMnVwcmVzdA RtaXQDUnRSbCBOZXdzIEZvciBZb3UEcGtnAzgwZDBmNGI5LTMw ZmQtM2JhNy1hODUwLWY2YTkzMDQ5MzQxZQRwb3MDNQRzZWMDbm V3c19mb3JfeW91BHZlcgNlZjM2NzBiMC03ZDM0LTExZTItODM1 ZC1mYzk0ZDVjZWZjMDQ-;_ylg=X3oDMTJuaWkxZW82BGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRw c3RhaWQDNTM2Y2U4YTEtOWM0ZC0zYjQ3LWFiYzgtODM1ZjZiMj U1NDdhBHBzdGNhdANuZXdzBHB0A3N0b3J5cGFnZQ--;_ylv=3?.tsrc=_news)

Fast & Furious star Vin Diesel is returning for a third time to his Riddick character this fall, and he's teasing fans with a brand-new image of his title character sitting on a throne with a troubled brow, very reminiscent of Arnold Schwarzenegger's pose at the end of Conan the Barbarian. Coincidence?

http://i48.tinypic.com/246qmc8.jpg

Diesel posted the shot on his Facebook page with the accompanying caption: "It has been 9 years since The Chronicles of Riddick was released... all along I knew I would eventually have to return to that dark place, the mind of an Alpha Furyan..."

Following 2000's Pitch Black and 2004's The Chronicles of Riddick, the new sci-fi film, simply titled Riddick, is set to hit theaters and IMAX on September 6 and reunites Diesel with director David Twohy for a more pared-down film in which our anti-hero finds himself up against an alien race of predators. Activating an emergency beacon, he catches the attention of two passing ships – one carrying a new breed of mercenary, and the other captained by a man from Riddick's past.

Also co-produced by Diesel, the Riddick cast includes Karl Urban, Katee Sackhoff, Bokeem Woodbine, Dave Bautista, Jordi Molla and Matt Nable.

About time. Though Vin Diesel is pretty one-dimensional as an actor, it just means he has to find vehicles that fit him, instead of the other way around.

The Riddick franchise is a good fit for his style of non-acting (well, typical action-hero acting).

Though the second film was sort of overblown, Pitch Black was a very well done sci-fi/monster/suspense movie.

I always look forward to big-budget sci-fi flicks. Unless they are fucking shit like Battlefield: Earth.

TFM_Dale
02-23-2013, 02:00 AM
LInk (http://tv.yahoo.com/news/vin-diesel-rules-riddick-204200824.html;_ylt=AjYjchisc.t55AjVc_pSmy2NJvJ_;_ ylu=X3oDMTRrbHZrdjdkBGNjb2RlA3ZzaGFyZWFnMnVwcmVzdA RtaXQDUnRSbCBOZXdzIEZvciBZb3UEcGtnAzgwZDBmNGI5LTMw ZmQtM2JhNy1hODUwLWY2YTkzMDQ5MzQxZQRwb3MDNQRzZWMDbm V3c19mb3JfeW91BHZlcgNlZjM2NzBiMC03ZDM0LTExZTItODM1 ZC1mYzk0ZDVjZWZjMDQ-;_ylg=X3oDMTJuaWkxZW82BGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRw c3RhaWQDNTM2Y2U4YTEtOWM0ZC0zYjQ3LWFiYzgtODM1ZjZiMj U1NDdhBHBzdGNhdANuZXdzBHB0A3N0b3J5cGFnZQ--;_ylv=3?.tsrc=_news)

About time. Though Vin Diesel is pretty one-dimensional as an actor, it just means he has to find vehicles that fit him, instead of the other way around.

The Riddick franchise is a good fit for his style of non-acting (well, typical action-hero acting).

Though the second film was sort of overblown, Pitch Black was a very well done sci-fi/monster/suspense movie.

I always look forward to big-budget sci-fi flicks. Unless they are fucking shit like Battlefield: Earth.

Loved Pitch Black, was even entertained by Chronicles of Riddick, I'll go check this out, need to do something while waiting for the next Abrams movie to come out.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Hardrock69
02-23-2013, 02:06 AM
Next Abrams movie will hit 3 months before Riddick. Next Star Trek movie is in May. ;)

TFM_Dale
02-23-2013, 02:12 AM
Next Abrams movie will hit 3 months before Riddick. Next Star Trek movie is in May. ;)

I had heard it might be delayed, sure hope it isn't, I'm not even a Trek fan and I loved the first one. Can't wait to see what he brings to the new Star Wars trilogy.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Hardrock69
02-23-2013, 03:58 AM
Star Trek 2 was originally going to be out this last June. Then it was delayed to Christmas of 2012.

The firm release date now is May 17, according to everything I can find on the net.

I am looking forward to it. Drastically!

Zing!
02-23-2013, 09:18 AM

That's not a sci-fi movie, it's a dianetics promotional video.

Coyote
02-23-2013, 11:31 AM

What'd you expect from a movie based on a L. Ron Hoover book? :biggrin:

vandeleur
02-23-2013, 12:21 PM
Star Trek is definitely coming out soon , it's in all the movie mags interviews etc ..... They are starting to kick the pr campaign up a notch or two .

vandeleur
02-23-2013, 12:26 PM
As for the Star Wars trilogy I was like fuck no ... Now am all bring it on .
I read there is gonna be the trilogy plus a back story one .
Harrison ford has signed up I might be jumping to conclusions or just wishful thinking who wouldn't wanna see a Han Solo the early years movie . Am not talking ford playing him just maybe you know the old cliched intro .... I remember when ... Queue young actor scamming his way across the galaxy doing the Kessler run :D

Hardrock69
02-23-2013, 02:48 PM
That's not a sci-fi movie, it's a dianetics promotional video.

Uh no.....I mean, anyone who thought it could be one is stupid....as the movie is so bad nobody would dream of having anything to do with it or anything it stands for.......you watch it, and you don't think "Diabetics" or Appliantology......all you can think of is how fast can you turn off the TV or switch to another channel, along with a sickening feeling that you have just wasted 3 minutes of your life you can never get back......

In fact, the US Government, on behalf of the movie-going public, should sue the production company, John Revolting, The Church of Appliantology, and the estate of L. Ron Hoover for creating that piece of garbage in the first place....

Coyote
02-23-2013, 03:06 PM
Possibly the greatest review ever.

Terry
02-23-2013, 04:18 PM
Quite enjoyed Pitch Black as well...although I wouldn't really consider that a Vin Diesel movie as such: more of an ensemble piece.

The first Fast & The Furious movie was very good.

I'd have to agree that Diesel would be better served waiting for movies that he's right for. Admittedly, that's a pretty narrow field...it's the same kind of situation that The Rock and Schwarzenneger have, in that they are all (or were) brand/genre movie stars, and they have to play to those strengths. Maybe a light, mindless comedy here and there (i.e. The Pacifier, Twins, etc.).

Zing!
02-23-2013, 07:15 PM
Uh no.....I mean, anyone who thought it could be one is stupid....as the movie is so bad nobody would dream of having anything to do with it or anything it stands for.......you watch it, and you don't think "Diabetics" or Appliantology......all you can think of is how fast can you turn off the TV or switch to another channel, along with a sickening feeling that you have just wasted 3 minutes of your life you can never get back......

In fact, the US Government, on behalf of the movie-going public, should sue the production company, John Revolting, The Church of Appliantology, and the estate of L. Ron Hoover for creating that piece of garbage in the first place....

Damn. I feel like an idiot now for converting. Thanks a lot.

Hardrock69
02-24-2013, 02:51 AM
Damn. I feel like an idiot now for converting. Thanks a lot.

Hey not your fault. :hee:

If you were to actually read the book, you would find it is not a bad read.

One other thing that is beyond stupid is how the moron John Revolting thought he could take a thousand-page novel and create a 90 minute film out of it.

Forrest Whitaker probably wanted to kill himself for agreeing to be in such a worthless shitass waste of time and money. Hell, he probably wanted to kill John Revolting for offering him a part in such a piece of fucking shit to begin with.

And yes, that was a pretty good review, Coyote.

But it was very lame, as words cannot accurately describe the horrifying wretchedness of the film.

Oh he did his best, but that is many hours of production time he spent putting together a 30-minute review of a movie that is so bad that he can never get back.

Even the imbecilic mid-80s Tarzan movie with Bo Derek at least featured some occasional scenes of her naked.

This film has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. I would think anyone connected with the production of it has removed it from their resume. Anyone with half a brain anyway.

:lmao:

Hardrock69
03-23-2013, 07:50 PM
First trailer:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4442446228545

Igosplut
03-23-2013, 07:58 PM
Rock, how ya doing????

Hardrock69
03-23-2013, 11:33 PM
Doing fine!