PDA

View Full Version : DLR Band - Going Places...

WARF
02-25-2013, 11:26 PM
One of the biggest things I pride myself on is being a Roth Purist and boycotting any Van Halen albums without David Lee Roth. I still love the DLR Band album and listen to it in it's entirety a couple times a month. I really dig this song... It makes you wanna just jump in your car and drive into the oblivion.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6vG-24rus18?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6vG-24rus18?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Wings NOT Rings.... not a penny on Hagar ever!

ThatArtGuy
02-26-2013, 02:23 AM
WARF and I are completely on the same page.

WARF
02-26-2013, 10:33 AM

Sometimes I think some of his more obscure stuff like this over Van Halen! How times have you heard Unchained or Hot For Teacher? When you throw on a track like this it becomes a real treat.

DLR Bridge
02-26-2013, 10:46 AM
Gonna drive on in
Gonna drive on through
Gonna drive on by
Gonna wave at you

WARF
02-26-2013, 05:47 PM
Gonna drive on in
Gonna drive on through
Gonna drive on by
Gonna wave at you

I love the DLR Band cd. It has aged very nice. This album could come out today and I wouldn't know the difference.

I'm listening to Black Sand now. It's such a smooth song, and Roth's vocals deliver!

Zing!
02-26-2013, 07:32 PM
I listened to the shit out of that album back in 98! Still give it a spin probably more than any other DLR solo disc. Tracks I used to skip over - like King of the Hill - I now appreciate. Good stuff, and a huge F-you to Van Cherone!

Northern Girl
02-26-2013, 07:51 PM

Really? You too leave for months at a time, then come back and go on drunken rampages making a total ass of yourself, get demodded, and then sober up and start a bunch of DLR/Van Halen threads to try to redeem yourself?

Zing!
02-26-2013, 07:55 PM
Redeeming themselves implies we had esteem for them in the first place.

Northern Girl
02-26-2013, 07:58 PM
Redeeming themselves implies we had esteem for them in the first place.

Well, he believes his senority deserves your respect. LOL.

Seriously, this is the dude's pattern. I've seen it over and over.

WARF
02-26-2013, 08:09 PM
Here's another DLR Band classic! \m/

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-mQOv0_1by8?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-mQOv0_1by8?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Sometimes a straight line and sometimes you wander....

My first time in the spotlight was from a helicopter.... \m/(>.<)\m/

jhale667
02-26-2013, 08:21 PM
Well, he believes his senority deserves your respect. LOL.

Seriously, this is the dude's pattern. I've seen it over and over.

Fuck that. Respect is either earned, or commanded. Warf's capable of neither. Nor does he deserve any.

And much like credibility, once lost it's almost impossible to regain. But then alias-boy never had any of THAT either.

LoungeMachine
02-26-2013, 08:32 PM
Really? You too leave for months at a time, then come back and go on drunken rampages making a total ass of yourself, get demodded, and then sober up and start a bunch of DLR/Van Halen threads to try to redeem yourself?

:lmao:

God, I love you......

:lmao:

You posted exactly what I was thinking.....verbatim.

ThatArtGuy
02-27-2013, 12:57 AM
Well, WARF and I aren't *all* that similar. LOL

As for disappearing, I'm usually here every day. I just don't post.

CdnDlrfan
02-27-2013, 08:41 PM
I love the DLR Band cd. It has aged very nice. This album could come out today and I wouldn't know the difference.

I'm listening to Black Sand now. It's such a smooth song, and Roth's vocals deliver!

Black Sand and Going Places are 2 of my fav Dave solo material. In my opinion there are alot of Dave's solo songs that didn't get the airplay they deserved.

big fatty
02-27-2013, 09:02 PM
My favorites from this album were always " Weekend With The Babysitter " , " Blacklight ", and " King Of The Hill ".

Love that loud raunchy badass heavy booming bass shit the most.

:killer::rockon::rockit:

big fatty
02-28-2013, 02:01 AM
My favorites from this album were always " Weekend With The Babysitter " , " Blacklight ", and " King Of The Hill ".

Love that loud raunchy badass heavy booming bass shit the most.

:killer::rockon::rockit:

Ran across a cool interview with John 5 tonight on Neil Zlowzower's YouTube show. ZLOZSHOW. He talks about hooking up with Dave. I didn't even know Zloz had a YouTube show until now.