PDA

View Full Version : valerie bertonelli's tv mom died

PETE'S BROTHER
03-01-2013, 01:07 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/bonnie-franklin-one-day-time-star-180136271.html

ELVIS
03-01-2013, 01:20 PM
And I thought Hagar threads were bad in main...

clarathecarrot
03-01-2013, 01:27 PM
Bonnie, dang.

She did a guest appearance on HIC last season.

One fine redhead.

RIP

Matt White
03-01-2013, 02:06 PM
RIP Bonnie

Loved that show as a kid...............

ZahZoo
03-01-2013, 02:54 PM
Oh no... another Momshell bites the dust...

envy_me
03-01-2013, 03:11 PM
With the respect to the dead, WTF does this have to do with our god David Lee Roth???

Matt White
03-01-2013, 03:20 PM
its VAN HALEN related...look it up

envy_me
03-01-2013, 03:22 PM
its VAN HALEN related...look it up

I know. But it's a long way from David Lee Roth to a co-star of Valerie Bertinelli.

Matt White
03-01-2013, 03:24 PM
I know. But it's a long way from David Lee Roth to a co-star of Valerie Bertinelli.

This is a DAVID LEE ROTH & a CLASSIC VAN HALEN site....

I don't think its too far a stretch for most people

envy_me
03-01-2013, 03:27 PM
This is a DAVID LEE ROTH & a CLASSIC VAN HALEN site....

I don't think its too far a stretch for most people

Even if it was Eddies site I'd question it. Ex wife of Eddies ex co-worker... Really?
Oh well... It's not out of my pocket...

Matt White
03-01-2013, 03:29 PM
Ya kinda have to have been a VAN HALEN fan back in the day to get it.............

its the difference between reading about something, and having actually experienced it............

envy_me
03-01-2013, 03:33 PM
Ya kinda have to have been a VAN HALEN fan back in the day to get it.............

its the difference between reading about something, and having actually experienced it............

Yeah... I'm not 45 so I can't do that.

It just seems too far from Dave, you know? It's not even about Eddies ex wife, it's about somebody that Eddies ex wife used to work with. In the main? But whatever. Like I said, it's not out of my pocket...

Matt White
03-01-2013, 03:37 PM
Yeah... I'm not 45 so I can't do that.

It just seems too far from Dave, you know? It's not even about Eddies ex wife, it's about somebody that Eddies ex wife used to work with. In the main? But whatever. Like I said, it's not out of my pocket...

Exactly my point....

having been born in 1983 it would kind of difficult to understand the attraction to a sitcom with the wife of your favorite guitarist in it....when his band was at the top of their game....and the peak of their career.....

ANYBODY who was into VAN HALEN, if they hadn't already, turned on that show to see the chick EDDIE married...and VAL was smoking hot back in the day......

it was all part of the VAN HALEN experience....something that people old enough to have actually been into the band when they mattered would know...& would care to comment on...since they would actually know what they were talking aboot

PETE'S BROTHER
03-01-2013, 03:41 PM
With the respect to the dead, WTF does this have to do with our god David Lee Roth???

idiot

PETE'S BROTHER
03-01-2013, 03:42 PM

idiot

PETE'S BROTHER
03-01-2013, 03:42 PM
Even if it was Eddies site I'd question it. Ex wife of Eddies ex co-worker... Really?
Oh well... It's not out of my pocket...

lounge, your bot is broken...

cadaverdog
03-01-2013, 03:44 PM
I posted at the links for a short time and either got banned for asking why they had a Chickenfoot forum mixed in with the VH forums. I wasn't questioning why they were talking about Chickenfoot, only the location of the forum. I might have called Brett a fag but I was probably provoked.

envy_me
03-01-2013, 03:45 PM
Exactly my point....

having been born in 1983 it would kind of difficult to understand the attraction to a sitcom with the wife of your favorite guitarist in it....when his band was at the top of their game....and the peak of their career.....

ANYBODY who was into VAN HALEN, if they hadn't already, turned on that show to see the chick EDDIE married...and VAL was smoking hot back in the day......

it was all part of the VAN HALEN experience....something that people old enough to have actually been into the band when they mattered would know...& would care to comment on...since they would actually know what they were talking aboot

I agree. You're right. I don't understand. I actually have no idea which show you are talking about cause I've never seen it. Or who the person who died is.
I started liking Dave in 2008
And I am so loyal to Dave to the point that if he said in his book that he doesn't like Val, I'm not gonna like her.

But now that you've explained, I understand what you guys, who have liked them for much longer then I have, find interesting in this.

Matt White
03-01-2013, 03:48 PM
Now that's kinda harsh PB.............

She is only 30...foreign...so she doesn't have the frame of reference a lot of us old geezers here do....

its not like ODAAT was actually good

And Bonnie wasn't a big name star..............

She just happened to be on a show that ran from 1975 til what? 1984?

And our man ED married the HOT chick...not the druggie one!

And...DAVE hated the hot chick!

CHING!!! Relevance

envy_me
03-01-2013, 03:51 PM

She is only 30...foreign...so she doesn't have the frame of reference a lot of us old geezers here do....

he just happened to be on a show that ran from 1975 til what? 1984?

CHING!!! Relevance

Oh, don't mind him. PB is following me from thread to thread to chat. He's just there to call me idiot and disagree with me no mater what I say.
I have never seen a poster with so little to say. He has less substance then Pussy Licker, and that's saying something.

PETE'S BROTHER
03-01-2013, 03:52 PM
Oh, don't mind him. PB is following me from thread to thread to chat. He's just there to call me idiot and disagree with me no mater what I say.
I have never seen a poster with so little to say. He has less substance then Pussy Licker, and that's saying something.

:lmao: :gulp:

cadaverdog
03-01-2013, 03:52 PM

he just happened to be on a show that ran from 1975 til what? 1984?

CHING!!! Relevance
Is the Dave hated Valerie thing really a fact? Or was it the other way around? Seems like Val was jealous of the attention Dave got was taking away from her man. But that's just opinion.

cadaverdog
03-01-2013, 03:54 PM

Sounds like someone else M O here.

envy_me
03-01-2013, 03:56 PM

I know, right.. As if his aliases aren't obvious :biggrin:

FORD
03-01-2013, 03:57 PM

Mirror mirror on the wall.... who's the biggest sockstalking douche of all?

cadaverdog
03-01-2013, 03:58 PM
Mirror mirror on the wall.... who's the biggest sockstalking douche of all?
Some asshole calling himself Ford?

PETE'S BROTHER
03-01-2013, 03:58 PM

i prefollowed you here to a thread i started. i ignore the majority of the drivel you spew. you disagreed with my placement of this thread. substance...

cadaverdog
03-01-2013, 04:00 PM
I know, right.. As if his aliases aren't obvious :biggrin:
Not Ford. Those are "characters" not aliases. Only the uncool kids use aliases.

envy_me
03-01-2013, 04:00 PM
i prefollowed you here to a thread i started. i ignore the majority of the drivel you spew. you disagreed with my placement of this thread. substance...

I actually didn't even look at who started the therad.. But yeah.. What you said, LOL :biggrin:

cadaverdog
03-01-2013, 04:01 PM
You are the crafty one.

DLR Bridge
03-01-2013, 04:05 PM
It is a bummer she passed, especially how and I agree with Matt on the relevance perspective. I watched the show as a kid and had the classic crush on Val going for some time. Oddly enough, the one thing that sticks out in my mind about Bonnie Franklin is how Mike Anthony said in an interview shortly after Ed's wedding that she was just as annoying in person as she was on the show. I'm sure she probably carried her nagging Mom character over to her real life relationship with Val, which in a sense, was one of motherly love and concern. Not enough mothers in the world like that at the moment. RIP Bonnie. Hope you didn't suffer much. That fucking cancer.

Matt White
03-01-2013, 04:06 PM
I agree. You're right. I don't understand. I actually have no idea which show you are talking about cause I've never seen it. Or who the person who died is.
And I am so loyal to Dave to the point that if he said in his book that he doesn't like Val, I'm not gonna like her.

But now that you've explained, I understand what you guys, who have liked them for much longer then I have, find interesting in this.

You kinda backed PB's point...thu he is biased in that regards.......

you didn't know what you were talking about....but dove in head first regardless........

I did realize that...and didn't flip my whig....which is what a bunch of peeps around here need to start doing rather than going for the throat all the time.............

makes it kinda difficult to attract new peeps when its this constant sabre rattlin' 'round here...........

envy_me
03-01-2013, 04:09 PM

you didn't know what you were talking about....but dove in head first regardless........

I did realize that...and didn't flip my whig....which is what a bunch of peeps around here need to start doing rather than going for the throat all the time.............

makes it kinda difficult to attract new peeps when its this constant sabre rattlin' 'round here...........

But I get that it's nostalgic for you guys. In this day and age a former co-actress of Ed's ex wife isn't really relevant to DLR. But I get the nostalgia part.
I like that we can disagree and still be cool and friendly :-)

Matt White
03-01-2013, 04:10 PM
I can't believe that show started in 1975...........HELLS BELLS!!!

I still lived in DETROIT!!!

cadaverdog
03-01-2013, 04:10 PM

He has seen the light. Amen brother.

Matt White
03-01-2013, 04:14 PM
But I get that it's nostalgic for you guys. In this day and age a former co-actress of Ed's ex wife isn't really relevant to DLR. But I get the nostalgia part.

Absolutely.............there's no reason peeps can't be civil

but.....it is relevant....you're just too young to get it

The old timers here will get it & respond....its all part of the VAN HALEN experience

ODAAT gave VAN HALEN much needed main stream media exposure.....and then DAVE blew the roof off the mofo the next year at the US FESTIVAL......then everybody, young & old, knew who THE MIGHTY VAN HALEN were............

but Bonnie is, all be it a small part, a part of VAN HALEN & DAVID LEE ROTH history............

maybe not MAIN worthy material.....but relevant non the less

FORD
03-01-2013, 04:17 PM
It is a bummer she passed, especially how and I agree with Matt on the relevance perspective. I watched the show as a kid and had the classic crush on Val going for some time.

Indeed. I think my first "wet dream" may have well been about Val. :jizzz:

PETE'S BROTHER
03-01-2013, 04:18 PM

idiot, broken bot, douche

Matt White
03-01-2013, 04:19 PM
He has seen the light. Amen brother.

There is a difference between "drama" & "self-promotion" son................

most of us "old time Clique members" get it..........

90% were the "un-popular kids" here at one time or another........

its comes down to making STELLAR post, knowing your DAVID LEE ROTH shit forwards and backwards, and actually having something to say............

theres been a bunch of "flash in the pan" 5 minute men here over the years........

they come and go...lose interest after the spotlight moves on

the peeps that have been here forever have one thing in common....they WANT to be here....cuz the ARMY is the #1 MUTHER FUCKING DAVID LEE ROTH SITE IN THE UNIVERSE.........

that...& we've got "NOWHERE ELSE TO GO"!!!

cadaverdog
03-01-2013, 04:20 PM
ODAAT gave VAN HALEN much needed main stream media exposure.....and then DAVE blew the roof off the mofo the next year at the US FESTIVAL......then everybody, young & old, knew who THE MIGHTY VAN HALEN were............

It might have enlightened teenie boppers to Van Halen but they were already big way before Ed met Val.

envy_me
03-01-2013, 04:21 PM
Absolutely.............there's no reason peeps can't be civil

but.....it is relevant....you're just too young to get it

The old timers here will get it & respond....its all part of the VAN HALEN experience

but Bonnie is, all be it a small part, a part of VAN HALEN & DAVID LEE ROTH history............

maybe not MAIN worthy material.....but relevant non the less

I am never letting pride stand in the way of admitting when someone is right. You are right.
I don't get it, but I get that I don't get it. I am just coming from a different place.

cadaverdog
03-01-2013, 04:25 PM
There is a difference between "drama" & "self-promotion" son................

most of us "old time Clique members" get it..........

90% were the "un-popular kids" here at one time or another........

its comes down to making STELLAR post, knowing your DAVID LEE ROTH shit forwards and backwards, and actually having something to say............

theres been a bunch of "flash in the pan" 5 minute men here over the years........

they come and go...lose interest after the spotlight moves on

the peeps that have been here forever have one thing in common....they WANT to be here....cuz the ARMY is the #1 MUTHER FUCKING DAVID LEE ROTH SITE IN THE UNIVERSE.........

that...& we've got "NOWHERE ELSE TO GO"!!!
Think about what you just said. You only want well versed VH fans to post? I've gotten that vibe here plenty. What's wrong with trying to learn as you go? Why have an "elitist" attitude?

Matt White
03-01-2013, 04:26 PM
It might have enlightened teenie boppers to Van Halen but they were already big way before Ed met Val.

Mmmmmmmmm...not so much

They were HUGE with their audience

But ODAAT was a stepping stone to the MASS hysteria of 1984....remember, ED & Val married in 1981...& FAIR WARNING didn't fly off the shelves...................

Noooooo....the ED/VAL union turned the main stream media on to this bunch of rowdy musicians who were destroying America cities everytime they toured...which was every year!

It increased VAN HALEN's visibility outside the hardrock CREEM/CIRCUS magazine audiences.......

PETE'S BROTHER
03-01-2013, 04:27 PM
Think about what you just said. You only want well versed VH fans to post? I've gotten that vibe here plenty. What's wrong with trying to learn as you go? Why have an "elitist" attitude?

not at all what he's sayin'

DLR Bridge
03-01-2013, 04:28 PM
...& we've got "NOWHERE ELSE TO GO"!!!

This relative new comer to the Army is in it for the long haul for a good handful of reasons. The above being one of them!

cadaverdog
03-01-2013, 04:31 PM
Mmmmmmmmm...not so much

They were HUGE with their audience

But ODAAT was a stepping stone to the MASS hysteria of 1984....remember, ED & Val married in 1981...& FAIR WARNING didn't fly off the shelves...................

Noooooo....the ED/VAL union turned the main stream media on to this bunch of rowdy musicians who were destroying America cities everytime they toured...which was every year!

It increased VAN HALEN's visibility outside the hardrock CREEM/CIRCUS magazine audiences.......
I'm a little older and come from a different place. So Cal. VH was already very well known here. I just assumed they were as big outside Cali. At least within the states. A possible American answer to the British invasion.

cadaverdog
03-01-2013, 04:33 PM
not at all what he's sayin'
Maybe not but that's what I'm hearing.

Matt White
03-01-2013, 04:35 PM

Noooooooooooooo...you've got it all wrong. There is nothing wrong with not having been totally obsessed with VAN HALEN "back in the day"..............

there is always room for peeps who don't have a PHD in all things VAN HALEN..............

it goes back to the old saying........God gave us 2 ears & 1 mouth for a reason: to listen twice as much as we talk

that could go for 2 eyes as well..........

its about having something to say............

there are people here who say very little...in comparison to say me...like TERRY for example

when he makes a post people read it...cuz he never talks "out of his ass"....meaning his post are well thought out and spot on every time....even if somebody disagrees with him, they know he's "on the level"................

Thats more to the point....but...this being a site dedicated to DLR....it never hurts to actually know what your talking about...when it comes to DAVE and VAN HALEN......

and that goes to any FORUM here....people can have different opinions....but the "devils advocate" routine only goes so far......."You get what you give"

and Elitist? Hell...I wish SHE posted here still...now there was a DM to remember!

big fatty
03-01-2013, 04:35 PM
Exactly my point....

Not only that, Barbara Cooper had a Van Halen poster on her wall. :bullwhip::hi-hand:

Matt White
03-01-2013, 04:38 PM
I'm a little older and come from a different place. So Cal. VH was already very well known here. I just assumed they were as big outside Cali. At least within the states. A possible American answer to the British invasion.

Thats very cool...I can't imagine what it was like to have been into VAN HALEN before they broke on a NATIONAL level...let alone Internationally......

its like the difference between METALICA before and after the video for ONE.....they went from HUGE to EVERYBODY knowing who they were...same with VH back then

cadaverdog
03-01-2013, 04:46 PM
Thats very cool...I can't imagine what it was like to have been into VAN HALEN before they broke on a NATIONAL level...let alone Internationally......

its like the difference between METALICA before and after the video for ONE.....they went from HUGE to EVERYBODY knowing who they were...same with VH back then
As soon as their debut album came out they ruled the airwaves in Cali.
The first thing I heard from A Metalica fan was how much better than Zeppelin they were. He played some "Master Of Puppets". I didn't care for the song. Too repetitive.

FORD
03-01-2013, 04:48 PM

Well, they certainly were around here. The once mighty KISW was the first radio station outside of LA to play Van Halen, and the band themselves had several live, extremely shitfaced appearances on the radio between 1978 - 1981. Only wish I still had the tapes of that stuff. As far as I know, nobody does.... except for the "aircheck" which KISW ran for decades. (Maybe they still do, but they play so much crap music and dumb talk shows now that I barely listen to the station anymore. Fucking corporate radio strikes again....)

Goddamn it, even THAT is gone now. It was on YouTube for years.

Now what fucking goddamn useless corporate fascist pulled THAT shit? It didn't belong to them, whomever the fuck it was :mad:

big fatty
03-01-2013, 04:51 PM
Indeed. I think my first "wet dream" may have well been about Val. :jizzz:

Ha,Ha. I used to have the hots for Heather Thomas from The Fall Guy, and Judy Landers from B.J. and The Bear. L.O.L.

Back then it was was still coming out clear.

:bigboobs::bouncing-boobs::erection::bananasex:

PETE'S BROTHER
03-01-2013, 04:52 PM
Ha,Ha. I used to have the hots for Heather Thomas from The Fall Guy, and Judy Landers from B.J. and The Bear. L.O.L.

Back then it was was still coming out clear.

:bigboobs::bouncing-boobs::erection::bananasex:

hahahahahhahahahaha

cadaverdog
03-01-2013, 04:53 PM
Noooooooooooooo...you've got it all wrong. There is nothing wrong with not having been totally obsessed with VAN HALEN "back in the day"..............

there is always room for peeps who don't have a PHD in all things VAN HALEN..............

it goes back to the old saying........God gave us 2 ears & 1 mouth for a reason: to listen twice as much as we talk

that could go for 2 eyes as well..........

its about having something to say............

there are people here who say very little...in comparison to say me...like TERRY for example

when he makes a post people read it...cuz he never talks "out of his ass"....meaning his post are well thought out and spot on every time....even if somebody disagrees with him, they know he's "on the level"................

Thats more to the point....but...this being a site dedicated to DLR....it never hurts to actually know what your talking about...when it comes to DAVE and VAN HALEN......

and that goes to any FORUM here....people can have different opinions....but the "devils advocate" routine only goes so far......."You get what you give"

and Elitist? Hell...I wish SHE posted here still...now there was a DM to remember!
I got turned off by the "that's been discussed before so shut the fuck up " attitude I felt I got when I first started posting here. I complained and that was how it started.

big fatty
03-01-2013, 05:04 PM
Well, they certainly were around here. The once mighty KISW was the first radio station outside of LA to play Van Halen, and the band themselves had several live, extremely shitfaced appearances on the radio between 1978 - 1981. Only wish I still had the tapes of that stuff. As far as I know, nobody does.... except for the "aircheck" which KISW ran for decades. (Maybe they still do, but they play so much crap music and dumb talk shows now that I barely listen to the station anymore. Fucking corporate radio strikes again....)

Goddamn it, even THAT is gone now. It was on YouTube for years.

Now what fucking goddamn useless corporate fascist pulled THAT shit? It didn't belong to them, whomever the fuck it was :mad:

Ha,Ha. I remember those, and still have a cassette of that promo that I taped of the radio. They sang it kind of like Happy Trails, with the voices all over each other at different times. It was cool.

Remember they had Live Time, at 9pm , Mon-Fri. That is where I got my first live VH stuff, when they aired 3 songs from the US Festival.

I loved KISW, Seattles Best Rock. Steve Slayton was awesome. That is how I found out about many of the bands I still listen to today, like, UFO, Scorpions, Priest, etc, etc.

I had and may still have cassettes of one of those VH on air interview reruns. I remember them talking about meeting some guy and going to a pizza place after hours , where they then made, " Van Halen Pizza's, All Over The Wall ". Heh, heh. Eddie remembered some guy that phoned into the station, and referred to him as, " that looney guy with the truck ". Heh, heh.

Great station. Good radio back then. :rockit::killer::headbangez:

I also remember when John Lennon died, I was listening to KISW that night, and Steve Slayton stopped the song that was playing and teared up a bit as he told the news.

sadaist
03-01-2013, 05:14 PM
Ha,Ha. I used to have the hots for Heather Thomas from The Fall Guy,

We all had this poster. God damn was she the hottest chick ever or what?

http://www.flickscribe.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/fallguy-heather-thomas-01.jpg

jhale667
03-01-2013, 05:18 PM

http://www.flickscribe.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/fallguy-heather-thomas-01.jpg

Definitely one of them...

sadaist
03-01-2013, 05:20 PM
DOH!

While perusing I found this pic from the same photo shoot. I can only imagine what she is rinsing off her tummy there.

http://www.picsdrive.com/contentimages/heather-thomas/heather-thomas-picture-51.jpg

FORD
03-01-2013, 05:29 PM
Now how did I know that Sadaist would find this thread the minute Heather Thomas's name came into it? :biggrin:

big fatty
03-01-2013, 05:29 PM
Yum, Yum. Notice that pulsating cameltoe pelt action protruding there. Hubba, Hubba.

All of a sudden, I may be in need of a nice long shower too. Heh, heh. J/K.

:happy45::sleazy-smiley:

sadaist
03-01-2013, 05:30 PM
About Bonnie. What a cool lady. The late 70's - early 80's were my prime TV watching de-flowering. Born in 1971 so I was at that 7-13 year old range. I could plant in front of the TV & watch 1 day at a time, happy days, laverne & shirley, love boat, MASH, fantasy island, hogans heroes, charlie brown specials, looney toons, Alice, TAXI, Diferent strokes, and many others. What a glorious time to be alive & have a 19" color TV in a humongous oak console from a soft sectional sofa. Was a great time. Even the birth of MTV towards the tail end of that period.

Bonnie had a lot of class. Rest in peace

sadaist
03-01-2013, 05:32 PM
I found heaven. Both Heathers!!!! Man the 80's were the best.

http://img004.lazygirls.info/people/heather_locklear/heather_locklear_heather_locklear_and_heather_thom as_black_and_white_7SOm1iS.sized.jpg

sadaist
03-01-2013, 05:35 PM
Now how did I know that Sadaist would find this thread the minute Heather Thomas's name came into it? :biggrin:

Can't help myself bro. She is one obsession that I never grew out of. I think she was in a terrible accident & fucked up her legs something fierce which is why she got out of the biz so soon. But she seems healthy & happy now (and still damn fine).

Sad thing is this decade we will see a lot of our 70's & 80's heroes and idols pass. Didn't we just lose 2 from welcome back Kotter? We are just at that point where they are gonna really start dropping fast. Mortality sucks. Better enjoy what you got while you got it.

FORD
03-01-2013, 05:35 PM
Ha,Ha. I remember those, and still have a cassette of that promo that I taped of the radio. They sang it kind of like Happy Trails, with the voices all over each other at different times. It was cool.

Remember they had Live Time, at 9pm , Mon-Fri. That is where I got my first live VH stuff, when they aired 3 songs from the US Festival.

I loved KISW, Seattles Best Rock. Steve Slayton was awesome. That is how I found out about many of the bands I still listen to today, like, UFO, Scorpions, Priest, etc, etc.

And Ac/Dc.... first radio station in the US to play them.

I had and may still have cassettes of one of those VH on air interview reruns. I remember them talking about meeting some guy and going to a pizza place after hours , where they then made, " Van Halen Pizza's, All Over The Wall ". Heh, heh. Eddie remembered some guy that phoned into the station, and referred to him as, " that looney guy with the truck ". Heh, heh.

Great station. Good radio back then. :rockit::killer::headbangez:

I also remember when John Lennon died, I was listening to KISW that night, and Steve Slayton stopped the song that was playing and teared up a bit as he told the news.

Slayton may very well be a bigger Beatles fan than even myself. He had a "Breakfast With The Beatles" show on the weekends on KZOK for several years, but I don't think he's there anymore. I'm sure he's probably in his 70s by now, so probably retired from radio altogether.

But between Live Time, the Van Halen appearances, and "Disco Destruction" he sure brought some goddamn legendary radio to the airwaves up here.

big fatty
03-01-2013, 06:25 PM
And Ac/Dc.... first radio station in the US to play them.

Slayton may very well be a bigger Beatles fan than even myself. He had a "Breakfast With The Beatles" show on the weekends on KZOK for several years, but I don't think he's there anymore. I'm sure he's probably in his 70s by now, so probably retired from radio altogether.

But between Live Time, the Van Halen appearances, and "Disco Destruction" he sure brought some goddamn legendary radio to the airwaves up here.

Yeah that's right. They played the hell outta AC/DC. Even " Cold Hearted Man ", which was hard to get back then, as it wasn't on the North American releases. I had craved to get it for years, then they finally put it on the BackTracks box set, and later Iron Man 3.

Yup, that station was the epitomy of what rock radio should be, instead of all this same old classic formats we have these days. I rarely listen to radio anymore, but sure do miss KISW.

Matt White
03-01-2013, 07:18 PM

Had that poster in my locker at school!!!

jhale667
03-01-2013, 07:32 PM
Yum, Yum. Notice that pulsating cameltoe pelt action protruding there. Hubba, Hubba.

Yes... had she ever done nudes in the day, betcha they'd have been Muff Thread worthy. :baaa:

Sucks about Bonnie.

Nitro Express
03-01-2013, 11:05 PM

I saw VH live in 1980. I heard my first VH song in 1979. Yeah some of us were big fans pretty much in the beginning. Let me tell you in the day it was a huge thing when VH rolled into town. HUGE! The whole American/California culture was alive and well at the time and VH were the poster boys of it. Disco and soft rock was dying and the country was going into a whole new party faze which later would be known as the 80's. Fun times. I was a teenager through all of it. Lucky me!

Nitro Express
03-01-2013, 11:09 PM
I found heaven. Both Heathers!!!! Man the 80's were the best.

http://img004.lazygirls.info/people/heather_locklear/heather_locklear_heather_locklear_and_heather_thom as_black_and_white_7SOm1iS.sized.jpg

Yes they were. I wouldn't mind going back in a time machine. I would be more decadent than ever if I did.

Nitro Express
03-01-2013, 11:12 PM
Had that poster in my locker at school!!!

I had it in my room. I remember seeing it in a store and went,"momma mia!" I had to have it.

ZahZoo
03-03-2013, 11:32 AM

LOL!! Not all of us had that poster... she's 9 months older (55 now) than me. When that poster came out I was married to someone who looked similar with slightly darker hair. Needless to say I had no need for posters then...