PDA

View Full Version : Aspartame in MILK? What the fuck??

FORD
03-03-2013, 06:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LerTq0JUKM4

Nitro Express
03-03-2013, 07:03 PM
The Young Turks are way behind the curb but good to see they are putting a light on the corrupt FDA. The FDA is nothing more than an enforcer for the corporations now. The corporations own our government and both parties. Nothing is going to change until enough US citizens throw a shit fit. Talking about it on the internet does nothing.

ELVIS
03-03-2013, 07:19 PM
Aspartame is probably the single most dangerous food additive in use today...

Nitro Express
03-03-2013, 07:25 PM
It's also nice to know it was strong armed onto the market by a guy who said the US was going to invade five middle east countries in seven years just because he thought we had the military machine that could do it. Not exactly the kind of person that cares much about human life at all. I would rather drink my own piss than drink anything that Rumsfeld was involved with.

Zing!
03-03-2013, 07:28 PM

:amen:

The scary thing is seeing how absolutely addicted friends and family are to Diet Mountain Dew. I have relatives that are like junkies with that stuff and refuse to see the problem. It's banned in our house.

Nitro Express
03-03-2013, 07:34 PM
I prefer to drink water if it's good water. We are lucky to be on a good well and our tap water is really good water so I take full advantage of that. Most our water here is glacier and snow runoff. The ground is lava bed and so it works like a natural filter. I lived in one place that had a lot of iron in the water. It would run red when you turned on the tap. That sucked. It stained the dishwasher red and if the sprinklers hit the house it stained the house siding red. You appreciate good water when you have to deal with that.

Coyote
03-03-2013, 07:42 PM
Chocolate and strawberry flavored milk? :umm:

Seshmeister
03-03-2013, 08:01 PM

If you have a medical argument where on one side you have an internet conspiracy hoax backed by a few unqualified quacks and on the other hundreds of scientific peer reviewed studies across the world, it's always a no brainer on what side ELVIS will be. :)

Incidentally back in the world of facts I bet the single most dangerous food additive by miles would be salt.

ELVIS
03-03-2013, 08:03 PM
i bet the single most dangerous food additive by miles would be salt.

LMAO !!

Your fucking brain is pickled...

Salt is an essential element...

Aspartame, nitrates and nitrites, silicon, hydrogenated oils, high fructose corn syrup, etc. are all poisons that cause cancer and all sorts of chronic illness...

FORD
03-03-2013, 08:04 PM
I prefer to drink water if it's good water. We are lucky to be on a good well and our tap water is really good water so I take full advantage of that. Most our water here is glacier and snow runoff. The ground is lava bed and so it works like a natural filter. I lived in one place that had a lot of iron in the water. It would run red when you turned on the tap. That sucked. It stained the dishwasher red and if the sprinklers hit the house it stained the house siding red. You appreciate good water when you have to deal with that.

Water softeners are a good investment for someone with hard water like that.

Of course the downside to that is that the water softeners use salt, so then your water gives you high blood pressure. And unless your water pressure is high enough, the water will be so soft that you can't rinse the soap off of yourself in the shower, or your clothes in the laundry room.

So probably just best to put in a decent filtration system for the whole house. Which unfortunately are not cheap.

FORD
03-03-2013, 08:07 PM
If you have a medical argument where on one side you have an internet conspiracy hoax backed by a few unqualified quacks and on the other hundreds of scientific peer reviewed studies across the world, it's always a no brainer on what side ELVIS will be. :)

Incidentally back in the world of facts I bet the single most dangerous food additive by miles would be salt.

High fructose corn poison would have to be right up there in the list too.

But seriously though, aspartame is bad shit. Had bad experiences with it myself, (headaches and such) and used to work with a guy who literally went nuts because he drank the shit like water.

ELVIS
03-03-2013, 08:10 PM
But seriously though, aspartame is bad shit. Had bad experiences with it myself, (headaches and such) and used to work with a guy who literally went nuts because he drank the shit like water.

It also causes macular degeneration...

Nitro Express
03-03-2013, 08:18 PM
Water softeners are a good investment for someone with hard water like that.

Of course the downside to that is that the water softeners use salt, so then your water gives you high blood pressure. And unless your water pressure is high enough, the water will be so soft that you can't rinse the soap off of yourself in the shower, or your clothes in the laundry room.

So probably just best to put in a decent filtration system for the whole house. Which unfortunately are not cheap.

The other bonus with our water here is it's naturally soft. We don't have a real problem with hard water build up on things. Where we lived in Utah had very hard water but we had a water softener there. We don't need one here.

Nitro Express
03-03-2013, 08:21 PM
I'm lactose intolerant and don't drink milk. I hear all these problems and political fights over milk and I almost just laugh. I don't drink the shit anyways. People are having a tizzy fit over the government not letting them drink raw milk. Well I watched my grandfather milk cows I sometimes saw the cow put it's foot into the milk bucket and you knew there was shit on that cow hoof. That was another reason I would not drink milk over at my grandparents. I wouldn't even eat cereal with that milk on it. Milk sicks me out actually. I have a milk phobia. Raw milk and homemade Icelandic head cheese. Yeah that's a winner.

No wonder the vikings went bezerk. It's was the food man. The food did that to them. Maybe the shitty weather to. What motivated them to build such great ships for the time? They wanted to get the hell out of there!

Seshmeister
03-03-2013, 08:31 PM
Aspartame, nitrates and nitrites, silicon, hydrogenated oils, high fructose corn syrup, etc. are all poisons that cause cancer and all sorts of chronic illness...

Not according to facts

Nitro Express
03-03-2013, 08:42 PM
In 1985 Monsanto purchased G.D. Searle, the chemical company that held the patent to aspartame, the active ingredient in NutraSweet. Monsanto was apparently untroubled by aspartame's clouded past, including a 1980 FDA Board of Inquiry, comprised of three independent scientists, which confirmed that it "might induce brain tumors."

The FDA had actually banned aspartame based on this finding, only to have Searle Chairman Donald Rumsfeld (currently the Secretary of Defense) vow to "call in his markers," to get it approved.

On January 21, 1981, the day after Ronald Reagan's inauguration, Searle re-applied to the FDA for approval to use aspartame in food sweetener, and Reagan's new FDA commissioner, Arthur Hayes Hull, Jr., appointed a 5-person Scientific Commission to review the board of inquiry's decision.

It soon became clear that the panel would uphold the ban by a 3-2 decision, but Hull then installed a sixth member on the commission, and the vote became deadlocked. He then personally broke the tie in aspartame's favor. Hull later left the FDA under allegations of impropriety, served briefly as Provost at New York Medical College, and then took a position with Burston-Marsteller, the chief public relations firm for both Monsanto and GD Searle. Since that time he has never spoken publicly about aspartame.

Aspartame in a nutshell. Riding the FDA merry go round.

ELVIS
03-03-2013, 08:44 PM
Not according to facts

Eat it then, I'll pass...

FORD
03-03-2013, 08:45 PM
Not according to facts

"Facts" from industry scientists.... which are just as reliable as the BP/KKKoch Brothers funded scientists who deny global warming, or those scientists on the Phillip Morris payroll who had poor Bob Dole insisting that cigarettes were "as safe as milk" well into the 1990s.

Actually, if milk has aspartame and BGH in it, maybe Dole was right?

ELVIS
03-03-2013, 08:47 PM
Aspartame in a nutshell. Riding the FDA merry go round.

Oh, that's conspiracy, Nitro...

Sesh has "facts" that prove it's good for you and safe...

Nitro Express
03-03-2013, 09:12 PM
If financial books can be cooked so can scientific studies. If the bond rating agencies can be compromised so can universities and scientific institutions. Anyone who collects a paycheck can be bought. Anyone who cheats can be blackmailed. What makes scientists immune from it when everyone else is victim to it? A study is only as good as the reputation of the institution that performed it. Frankly we are finding many of the so called trustable institutions right now to be quite untrustworthy.

Nitro Express
03-03-2013, 09:23 PM
"Facts" from industry scientists.... which are just as reliable as the BP/KKKoch Brothers funded scientists who deny global warming, or those scientists on the Phillip Morris payroll who had poor Bob Dole insisting that cigarettes were "as safe as milk" well into the 1990s.

Actually, if milk has aspartame and BGH in it, maybe Dole was right?

Shit you can get any kind of climate change study you want now. We are warming. The solar system is warming. We are on the verge of another ice age. The warming is causing the cooling. How about just saying we don't know. Clearly the carbon tax and all the climate change hype that came with that was an elaborate con job put forth by the people who wanted to sell more nuclear power plants. Fraud being exposed at Copenhagen and disaster at Fukushima kind of stalled the enthusiasm towards the carbon credit thing. When a coal plant blows up it doesn't spew radiation all over the place.

Seshmeister
03-04-2013, 04:01 AM
Shit you can get any kind of climate change study you want now. We are warming. The solar system is warming. We are on the verge of another ice age. The warming is causing the cooling. How about just saying we don't know. Clearly the carbon tax and all the climate change hype that came with that was an elaborate con job put forth by the people who wanted to sell more nuclear power plants. Fraud being exposed at Copenhagen and disaster at Fukushima kind of stalled the enthusiasm towards the carbon credit thing. When a coal plant blows up it doesn't spew radiation all over the place.

I'm happy enough to say you don't know. :)

Also http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=coal-ash-is-more-radioactive-than-nuclear-waste

FORD
03-05-2013, 09:50 PM
That article seems a little misleading.....

The problem isn't that coal ash is really worse than nuclear waste, but that it's less regulated, which means the radiation of coal by products is more likely to cause damage - except for in the event of a Fukishima type of disaster of course. Or what is slowly occuring at Hanford without any immediate solutions to stop it.

Best option, obviously is to not use coal OR nukes. At least not without a waste solution for either one.