PDA

View Full Version : the crue are thru

PETE'S BROTHER
03-07-2013, 07:09 PM
http://kdkb.com/neanderpaul/blog/motley-crue-are-done#.UTkoZU8ea2o.facebook

PETE'S BROTHER
03-07-2013, 07:10 PM
some would argue this happened years ago ;)

DLR Bridge
03-07-2013, 07:36 PM

Only argument is that it was decades ago, not years. That band, from an original line up stand point (Corabi stuff was ok, actually) has been turd salad since Dr. Feelgood. Hell, half of that CD was pretty shitty.

I love Sixx with his farewell tour speech. How many farewell tours has Ozzy been on? Such a marketing tool. Get your diminishing faithful to buy tickets in a panic for fear of never seeing them again. Granted, Mick Mars would probably love to stick a fork in it most, from a health stand point, but what are these other ass clowns gonna do? More cheesey reality shows?

So long Crüe. It's been real, it's been fun, but it hasn't been real fun.

fraroc
03-07-2013, 07:49 PM
RIP Motley Crue 1980-2014

The way I see it, Rock music as a genre has approximatley 10 years to live.

Seshmeister
03-07-2013, 08:28 PM
So an album, a movie and another tour.

More than Van Halen could commit to and plus the phrase 'farewell tour' is an entirely meaningless phrase in rock music.

I see Status Quo are doing yet another tour this year to mark the 29th anniversary of their big farewell tour in 1984...

LoungeMachine
03-07-2013, 08:40 PM
this year to mark the 29th anniversary of their big farewell tour in 1984...

How ironic.....

Last time I saw another band too....

:gulp:

Mushroom
03-07-2013, 09:44 PM
Sixx is having too much fun with his boring lame-ass radio show Sixx Sense

Mushroom
03-07-2013, 09:56 PM
RIP Motley Crue 1980-2014

The way I see it, Rock music as a genre has approximatley 10 years to live.

Oh no is the world going to end???? Or do you mean something is going to replace rock? Like Country? Or Computers? Ok, I just answered my own question. Dude... Rock is here to stay, in some shape or form as long as Guitars exist!;)

sadaist
03-07-2013, 11:51 PM

It only happened when it wasn't the original lineup. The starting 4 are Nikki, Vince, Mick, Tommy. No matter what. As long as it is those 4 guys they are perfect. As far as them ending....it will never happen the way Nikki says. name 1 single band that was able to do it that way. I'm surprised none of them are dead or in prison by now. And sadly I don't think Mick has much longer in this realm. But I wish them the best & hope they rock until they drop on stage.

Would be fitting if I saw them on their final tour & that was my last concert as well. They were my first in 1985 Theater Of Pain tour (Loudness opening). Poetic if they were also my last.

Zing!
03-08-2013, 08:00 AM
Guess I should get around to seeing them live one of these days...

Dave's Bitch
03-08-2013, 08:56 AM
Not really a surprise.I enjoyed the last album,I will probably enjoy the next.Not sure about the movie thing though.I am sad to see them go as they are one of my favorite bands but hey what can you do.Mick is 61 and i can't see him being able to go out and play beyond another year or two,Nikki has other things going on,Vince has the Gentlemen's Club business and I am sure Tommy will find something to do

They best get their asses over to the UK on this tour

Dave's Bitch
03-08-2013, 08:58 AM
Oh no is the world going to end???? Or do you mean something is going to replace rock? Like Country? Or Computers? Ok, I just answered my own question. Dude... Rock is here to stay, in some shape or form as long as Guitars exist!;)

Not necessarily GOOD Rock

cadaverdog
03-08-2013, 09:08 AM
Peoples choice in music evolves just like people do. Years from now guitars won't even exist. At least not in their present form. Maybe they'll be more like guitar Hero. But I'm thinking some variation of a synthesizer will be the instrument of choice for tomorrows musicians.

DLR Bridge
03-08-2013, 09:30 AM
Peoples choice in music evolves just like people do. Years from now guitars won't even exist. At least not in their present form. Maybe they'll be more like guitar Hero. But I'm thinking some variation of a synthesizer will be the instrument of choice for tomorrows musicians.

You may be right. Have you seen that crazy bass the guy from Muse is using? I hated it when I saw it, then it proceeded to blow my mind.

cadaverdog
03-08-2013, 09:37 AM
You may be right. Have you seen that crazy bass the guy from Muse is using? I hated it when I saw it, then it proceeded to blow my mind.
Keyboards are the wave of the present and future. Kids that play video games or post on Facebook all day will be able to master any keyboard instrument. Why bother to learn how to play guitar?

ELVIS
03-08-2013, 09:40 AM
That's a bunch of bullshit...

DLR Bridge
03-08-2013, 09:50 AM
I think there will always be rock with guitars, but there will no doubt also be a parallel entity along the lines of what Cadaverdog is implying.

jhale667
03-08-2013, 10:26 AM
As long as there are still teenagers discovering EVH and Randy Rhoads, guitar will never die.

twonabomber
03-08-2013, 11:12 AM
Guess I should get around to seeing them live one of these days...

Don't bother, you'll probably think they sucked.

I saw them on the Feelgood tour, and then (post-Corabi) Gen Swine...then Red White & Crue, and lastly SOLA. Definitely a change (decline?) over the years. Guess I'm glad I saw 'em in '89.

DLR Bridge
03-08-2013, 11:17 AM
I was at the CT. Feelgood show. The one where Tommy fell from his over-the-arena drum set like a brick. I truly thought I witnessed a death that night. Fuckin' scary.

twonabomber
03-08-2013, 11:25 AM
I think the show I was at was the second time they came through. Something called Johnny Crash opened.

TFM_Dale
03-08-2013, 11:57 AM
Only argument is that it was decades ago, not years. That band, from an original line up stand point (Corabi stuff was ok, actually) has been turd salad since Dr. Feelgood. Hell, half of that CD was pretty shitty.

I love Sixx with his farewell tour speech. How many farewell tours has Ozzy been on? Such a marketing tool. Get your diminishing faithful to buy tickets in a panic for fear of never seeing them again. Granted, Mick Mars would probably love to stick a fork in it most, from a health stand point, but what are these other ass clowns gonna do? More cheesey reality shows?

So long Crüe. It's been real, it's been fun, but it hasn't been real fun.

Loved the Corabi album and liked most of the stuff before Feelgood, was one of the first bands Mick and I agreed on (them and Van Halen), I always loved listening to his Led Zeppelin and Sabbath albums and it got me into Metallica and Slayer at a very young age, of course we always agreed on Queen also but we spent a lot of the 80s giving each other shit about what we listened to lol. Then Facelift came out and we agreed on another band for awhile :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7

TFM_Dale
03-08-2013, 12:02 PM

When NIN and Ministry exploded in the 90s people said the same thing (and I loved NIN, plan on going to watch Reznor and the boys on their upcoming tour) but I still disagree, their will always be a place for the guitar in music and rock will live forever.

Sent from my Nexus 7

sonrisa salvaje
03-08-2013, 01:25 PM
I love the Crue. Saw them first in 87 on the Girls tour with GNR opening and nobody knew who the hell GNR were.

That being said, Motley Crue have seen better days. Vince's voice is pretty much shot. How people can give Dave shit for his voice on the last tour i'll never know when you have guys like Vince Neil and Joe Elliot who have been stinking it up for years now. If you haven't seen the Crue by now there is no real need to do so.

Dave's Bitch
03-08-2013, 03:03 PM
I love the Crue. Saw them first in 87 on the Girls tour with GNR opening and nobody knew who the hell GNR were.

That being said, Motley Crue have seen better days. Vince's voice is pretty much shot. How people can give Dave shit for his voice on the last tour i'll never know when you have guys like Vince Neil and Joe Elliot who have been stinking it up for years now. If you haven't seen the Crue by now there is no real need to do so.

In all honesty Vice's voice has always been hit or miss live.I have seen some videos where he sounds good but there are more than a few of him sounding awful.

Case in point

Pretty good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fOxIPJMWUQ

Dave's Bitch
03-08-2013, 03:04 PM
Not so good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awDhtf4e_vU

PETE'S BROTHER
03-08-2013, 03:15 PM
i remember many years ago, vince sang three words (not well) of a line in a song and that was about it. saw him a few years ago at bike week and couldn't believe how good of a show he did.

Dave's Bitch
03-08-2013, 03:34 PM
i remember many years ago, vince sang three words (not well) of a line in a song and that was about it. saw him a few years ago at bike week and couldn't believe how good of a show he did.

Awesome.So it was just him doing a set?

PETE'S BROTHER
03-08-2013, 03:55 PM
Awesome.So it was just him doing a set?

yeah, can't remember house was playin' strings, but it was the first time i had seen zoltan? drumming. i remember askin' kwame about him the next day.

PETE'S BROTHER
03-08-2013, 03:56 PM
here :baaa:

sonrisa salvaje
03-08-2013, 04:20 PM
In all honesty Vice's voice has always been hit or miss live.I have seen some videos where he sounds good but there are more than a few of him sounding awful.

Yeah, i'll grant you he does have some good nights still. I saw them twice on the Red White and Crue tour and he sounded pretty good in Birmingham. In Pensacola not so much. He has always sounded better on record than live. Even in his prime he had trouble hitting the high notes in Shout at the Devil. See the U.S. Festival and Moscow Peace Festival performances.

jhale667
03-08-2013, 10:17 PM
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/578292_502734519783789_159447035_n_zps903ac9bf.jpg

ELVIS
03-09-2013, 02:23 AM
Not so good...

Are those pants supposed to look like the first album ??

:biggrin:

ELVIS
03-09-2013, 02:44 AM
Crappy audio, but Vince sounds pretty good...

Maybe the bad audio helps...:biggrin:

:elvis:

ELVIS
03-09-2013, 02:53 AM
here's one for Dave's Bitch...

:elvis:

Mr. Vengeance
03-09-2013, 08:35 AM
Keyboards are the wave of the present and future. Kids that play video games or post on Facebook all day will be able to master any keyboard instrument. Why bother to learn how to play guitar?

People said this is 1982-83 when wimpy synthesizer pop was taking over the airwaves. Didn't happen.

Music tastes are cyclical. I just hope it comes back to rock soon, because what we have now sucks shit.

fraroc
03-09-2013, 09:07 AM
People said this is 1982-83 when wimpy synthesizer pop was taking over the airwaves. Didn't happen.

Music tastes are cyclical. I just hope it comes back to rock soon, because what we have now sucks shit.

A good amount of kids my age actually like the same music we do, it's just that they aren't that open about it. It's like "ok, I like ACDC's music, so what?"

And I would rather listen to all of the 80s wimpy synth pop than Justin Bieber or that fucking Stupid Hoe quote-unquote 'song'.

Mr. Vengeance
03-09-2013, 09:15 AM
And I would rather listen to all of the 80s wimpy synth pop than Justin Bieber or that fucking Stupid Hoe quote-unquote 'song'.

I hear ya. Not because the music is any good, but at least nostalgia can kick in. Today's music sucks even more.
I even own Tears for Fears Greatest Hits these days.

I look at the top 40 and it's all hip-hop fake R & B with autotuned shit like Jay-Z Featuring Q-tip

Terry
03-09-2013, 07:39 PM
Would have to agree with others in this thread that, by and large, the phrase "farewell tour" is meaningless.

I could see where this may actually be true in the case of Motley Crue due to Mick Mars and his physical condition. Not to be unkind, but clearly he doesn't look like he has that far to go, you know?

99 times out of 100, when a band announces a "farewell tour", they're already way past their best days, and in many cases the latest lineup isn't the definitive/classic one anyway...so what exactly is one bidding "farewell" to? And even taking all of that into account, 99 out of 100 "farewell" tour announcements end up being retracted anyway.

Mr. Vengeance
03-09-2013, 08:19 PM
The Scorpions have been on a farewell tour for the last three years.

FORD
03-09-2013, 08:24 PM

They got nothing on Pete Townsend and Roger Daltrey though... they have been on a farewell tour since 1982!

Nitro Express
03-09-2013, 09:11 PM

It's called asses are still falling into the seats so let's keep going while they still want to pay us.

Terry
03-10-2013, 09:19 AM
It's called asses are still falling into the seats so let's keep going while they still want to pay us.

Which I don't blame bands for...I mean, some of these groups chugging along way past their heyday seem pretty useless, but it's not like I'm expecting the Scorpions to retire and open up a coffee shop...it's just ghey that these groups always seem to use the "farewell" tour gambit whenever their draw at the ticket booth starts to dwindle as a way of temporarily pumping up attendance, only to then announce afterwards that they've "reconsidered" due to "the fan response for tickets on our last tour" or some such business.

Whatever. Honestly, there are very few acts or artists I can think of still working that could get me to go see them if they announced a farewell tour...I mean, I suppose Van Halen could if it was a CVH lineup, but then I'd be inclined to see that anyway. As for the rest, I've probably already seen them, and if I haven't by now I won't be too bothered if they stop working.

ELVIS
03-10-2013, 10:11 AM
I even own Tears for Fears Greatest Hits these days.

These are the things I can do without...

cadaverdog
03-10-2013, 02:40 PM
They got nothing on Pete Townsend and Roger Daltrey though... they have been on a farewell tour since 1982!
I saw their "last" scheduled show in San Diego in Oct 82. Loverboy opened. Last doesn't mean the same thing to them I guess. They aired a Whos Last concert from Canada a few days later on the radio.

Mr. Vengeance
03-10-2013, 04:37 PM
I saw their "last" scheduled show in San Diego in Oct 82. Loverboy opened. Last doesn't mean the same thing to them I guess. They aired a Whos Last concert from Canada a few days later on the radio.
I remember that. It was a big deal here. All across the country radio stations had a simulcast so you could listen in stereo and crank it. Of course, the synch was off slightly and it sucked to watch that way. They put out a CD a few years back of the concert.

PETE'S BROTHER
03-11-2013, 11:15 AM
poor vince has peepee stones :(

binnie
03-11-2013, 04:50 PM
Given that the Crue's last record was a concept album about their own lives 30 years ago I think it is safe to say that life has been imitating art in a hopeless display of self-parody for quite some time.

They were a fuck of a lot of fun, and I'm glad I got to see 'em 'live' on the reunion, but I think it's time to hang 'em up.