PDA

View Full Version : Celebrate women

katina
03-08-2013, 12:03 PM
Today March 8th. is The International Womenīs Day.

Letīs share biographies, achievements, small stories, a photo or an anonymous picture, a quote or a poem of a well known or unknown woman.

"The story of women's struggle for equality belongs to no single feminist nor to any one organization but to the collective efforts of all who care about human rights" Gloria Steinem

Nitro Express
03-08-2013, 12:13 PM
I appreciate the women who know they are women and aren't afraid to show it. The ones who go to a real effort to choose the right perfumes, clothes, makeup and shoes. The ones who embrace their femininity and by just being themselves, it drives us men wild! Us men really do appreciate the effort and skill involved in this. It's art. It's magic! Don't be a man, be a lady. Owwwwww!

Angel
03-08-2013, 12:45 PM
I appreciate the women who know they are women and aren't afraid to show it. The ones who go to a real effort to choose the right perfumes, clothes, makeup and shoes. The ones who embrace their femininity and by just being themselves, it drives us men wild! Us men really do appreciate the effort and skill involved in this. It's art. It's magic! Don't be a man, be a lady. Owwwwww!

Errrggghhh.... There is so much wrong with this post that I don't even know where to begin! I'm going to assume this was posted "tongue in cheek".

Zing!
03-08-2013, 12:48 PM
Or not.

PETE'S BROTHER
03-08-2013, 01:01 PM
my submission... ;)

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?60577-heart-swells-with-pride-for-my-bride&p=1493953&viewfull=1#post1493953

envy_me
03-08-2013, 01:52 PM

I can understand that completelly. I don't think it's unfeministic to think that gender specific things are attractive. It's only natural.
I love manly men. Sexually, that is.

The problem isn't which shoes some women chose to wear or what perfume they chose, it's discrimination in the workplace, less money for the same work, or even if a woman would feel forced to look a certain way to fit in or get a job, etc... If a woman choses pumps and corsettes cause SHE likes it, then it is femnistic.

Back to topic. I admire all sorts of women. If I'm gonna chose from the popular culture, then I can say I love Chrissie Hynde. But I love Pam Anderson too, even though they seem like complete contrasts of each other (contrast from each other? Preposition is impossible in other languages...)

Nitro Express
03-08-2013, 02:56 PM
Errrggghhh.... There is so much wrong with this post that I don't even know where to begin! I'm going to assume this was posted "tongue in cheek".

It was. I was being silly.

Nitro Express
03-08-2013, 03:00 PM
Here's to women who want to be men. Chaz Bono. We salute you!

envy_me
03-08-2013, 03:00 PM
It was. I was being silly.

LOL, yeah right... You know you weren't :biggrin:

Nitro Express
03-08-2013, 03:03 PM
LOL, yeah right... You know you weren't :biggrin:

I know who keeps the mass majority of clothing retailers in business.

envy_me
03-08-2013, 03:05 PM
I know who keeps the mass majority of clothing retailers in business.

Doesn't matter... There is nothing wrong with attraction towards things that are typical for a gender. I am attracted to manly stuff, but I am a feminist. We are different, but equally good :-)

Stand for what you believe in, whatever it is.

FORD
03-08-2013, 03:09 PM
We celebrate women every day on this website..... especially in the picture forum. :gulp:

envy_me
03-08-2013, 03:12 PM
Oh, yeah look at this. This makes me proud.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_Inequality_Index#Top_Ten_Countries

PETE'S BROTHER
03-08-2013, 03:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSfFLmZcn58&feature=share

Coyote
03-08-2013, 09:42 PM
Here's to the greatest motivation a man could have... :gulp:

Igosplut
03-08-2013, 09:57 PM
And his biggest distraction...

envy_me
03-10-2013, 01:12 PM
LOL, the shortest thread in the history of Army :biggrin:

Anyway. I have a friend. who is a radical feminist, and we were talking yesterday and she saw a play called The SCUM Manifesto. This manifesto is pretty extreme as it blames everything on men. SCUM stands for Society for Cutting Up Men. Even though I don't agree with her on that (I think we should all be equal, there is no need to cut up anybody :D) it would be interesting to see it.

Coyote
03-10-2013, 01:36 PM
LOL, the shortest thread in the history of Army :biggrin:

Anyway. I have a friend. who is a radical feminist, and we were talking yesterday and she saw a play called The SCUM Manifesto. This manifesto is pretty extreme as it blames everything on men. SCUM stands for Society for Cutting Up Men.

Oh, that old chestnut...

FORD
03-11-2013, 03:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdKpEhRJQ6U

envy_me
03-12-2013, 03:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdKpEhRJQ6U

Very nice, Ford!