PDA

View Full Version : "Dirty movies" intro baffles me! :(

delta5150
03-08-2013, 04:12 PM
Bought the Fair warning Tab book and the sequence of random notes and pick scraping
and the "paaanng" sound was omitted :(

Any idea what Ed was up to? it's so fuckin' cool, random notes but out of mars, love it
so much, is he doing some kind of "tappin"?

Could someone shed some light on this matter?

Thanks!

ThrillsNSpills
03-08-2013, 04:49 PM
Song's in drop D.

15th fret B string, then 14th fret G string, tapped with right hand.

The 3rd note is tapped with the left hand and go down a fret after each 3 notes.

If you want to know the rest badly enough you'll figure it out, or someone else will help.

jhale667
03-08-2013, 04:51 PM
Think the "paaang" you're talking about is picking a tremolo spring and depressing the bar...

ThrillsNSpills
03-08-2013, 05:15 PM
Kristy will be along later to evaluate your progress.

clarathecarrot
03-09-2013, 01:09 PM
Kristy will be along later to evaluate your progress.

Hope Springs Eternal...

ThrillsNSpills
03-09-2013, 01:13 PM
More like perpetual whoosh in your case.:flypig:

Interesting question on Dirty Movies though, since the initial flurry of notes is never addressed in lessons.

I pity the person who had to transcribe the solo to Sinner's Swing or One Foot out the Door.

clarathecarrot
03-09-2013, 01:26 PM

Interesting question on Dirty Movies though, since the initial flurry of notes is never addressed in lessons.

I pity the person who had to transcribe the solo to Sinner's Swing or One Foot out the Door.

The wooshhh is a old descriptive visual, for what it has been used around here as, but there are better and more clever ways to say it.

I am sure some, "ancient vaudevillian" research would do you some good on your innability to, crack wise.

Keep trying.

ThrillsNSpills
03-09-2013, 01:35 PM
Keep trying to what, waste my time explaining to you what the rest of the board got by my comment?

Why don't you find a board where she's posting and be what you are there?

(rhetorical question in this case, since :flypig:)

clarathecarrot
03-09-2013, 01:41 PM
Maybe, you could get a clue about whattever the fuck you are talking about and explain it to everybody.

I have no idea where she is or what board she went to .

I made a little comment and you are a cunt..no es'plain'n there.

Get off my back and shut the fuck up.

delta5150
03-10-2013, 06:38 AM
Thanks very much! I really appreciate that :hail:

I'll try that def.

delta5150
03-10-2013, 06:41 AM
Song's in drop D.

15th fret B string, then 14th fret G string, tapped with right hand.

The 3rd note is tapped with the left hand and go down a fret after each 3 notes.

If you want to know the rest badly enough you'll figure it out, or someone else will help.

Thank you very much! :hail: I really appreciate that info, will def. give it a go

delta5150
03-10-2013, 06:46 AM
Think the "paaang" you're talking about is picking a tremolo spring and depressing the bar...
Wooow!!! I'll try that too, sounds like a saucepan hitting another saucepan with that hollow metallic sound :))

delta5150
03-10-2013, 06:52 AM

Yep totally agree with you, that's torture! lol! especially with One foot out the Door, that's def. my favourite EVH solo
by a mile, he's so pissed off when playin' that if DLR walked in during the recording of this solo, he'd
def. get a "paaang" sound from Ed's guitar ringing in his head :P

Terry
03-10-2013, 09:22 AM
Yep totally agree with you, that's torture! lol! especially with One foot out the Door, that's def. my favourite EVH solo
by a mile, he's so pissed off when playin' that if DLR walked in during the recording of this solo, he'd
def. get a "paaang" sound from Ed's guitar ringing in his head :P

I like the part towards the end of the solo just before the fade-out starts where Ed hits a note on what sounds like the high-E string and starts fretting up the neck while simultaneously quickly depressing and releasing the tremolo bar.

ThrillsNSpills
03-11-2013, 02:43 PM
Thank you very much! :hail: I really appreciate that info, will def. give it a go

If you like aggressive solos, check this one out. (2:07)

DLR Bridge
03-11-2013, 02:52 PM
Such a blistering tune. I'll bet that sped up ending must've had some stoners feeling like they were sucker punched on the nose.

delta5150
03-11-2013, 07:32 PM
If you like aggressive solos, check this one out. (2:07)

Wow!! with that whammy bar at the beginning, Holy Cow! I've listened to some demos but never before heard him use the
whammy bar like that, amazing!!!!

This song could easily have made it into ADKOT

Never heard this song before, thanks! :appl:

thismusicsux
03-26-2013, 02:10 AM
and if you wanna learn more of the song.. this one is pretty damn helpful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQr_7MZ_DgM