PDA

View Full Version : There have been NO legitimate Repuke presidents since Eisenhower.

FORD
03-12-2013, 02:44 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLv-ZVbuaxg

FORD
03-12-2013, 02:45 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZqrVSGqM7M

FORD
03-12-2013, 02:46 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Vj_AfFsglk

sadaist
03-12-2013, 03:52 AM
No legitimate dollar coins since the Eisenhower dollar either.

LoungeMachine
03-12-2013, 03:55 AM
No legitimate dollar coins since the Eisenhower dollar either.

Susan B wasn't Legit?

:gulp:

That bitch

Nickdfresh
03-12-2013, 08:16 AM
Sacagawea?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fe/Sacagawea_dollar_obverse.png

I got a shitload of these after putting a $20 in a Post Office stamp machine...

sadaist
03-12-2013, 12:28 PM
Susan B was just a fancy quarter and sacagawea was a fake gold plated giant nickel. They need to stop the silliness in wondering why no one wants to use dollar coins no matter how much they change them & just start making them full sized again.

FORD
03-12-2013, 12:30 PM
Sacagawea?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fe/Sacagawea_dollar_obverse.png

I got a shitload of these after putting a $20 in a Post Office stamp machine...

Yeah, I did that too. Thought I was in Vegas for a second when all these gold colored coins started dropping out of the machine. :biggrin:

sadaist
03-12-2013, 01:06 PM
So was Eisenhower the last great military hero to be a President? I know G HW Bush was in the military but that is not what he was known for. This goes back to what I asked recently as to why we don't elect military heroes any more. Wars are much more convoluted and very few top brass stand out as national heroes like the old days. I think Colin Powell or Shwarzkopf were the last famous true military heroes.

FORD
03-12-2013, 01:49 PM
So was Eisenhower the last great military hero to be a President?

Definitely the last Republican to fit that description. JFK was also in WWII, and the story of his PT 109's encounter with a Japanese destroyer has become somewhat of a legend.

http://www.jfklibrary.org/JFK/JFK-in-History/John-F-Kennedy-and-PT109.aspx

Jimmy Carter was a naval officer, but I don't believe he actually served in a war. He was the last President with a military background at all (no, I'm not going to count the Chimp's AWOL Texas National Guard draft dodging scam)

Nickdfresh
03-12-2013, 01:53 PM
Reagan was in the U.S. Army Air Forces during the war, but yeah he wasn't exactly a fighter pilot; though he did play one on TV...

I think Ford was also a veteran...

sadaist
03-12-2013, 01:56 PM
Jimmy Carter was a naval officer, but I don't believe he actually served in a war. He was the last President with a military background at all (no, I'm not going to count the Chimp's AWOL Texas National Guard draft dodging scam)

No not George junior. George senior was military. Am I wrong on this? I swear I thought he was a pilot or something.

jhale667
03-12-2013, 02:09 PM
No not George junior. George senior was military. Am I wrong on this? I swear I thought he was a pilot or something.

Didn't George Sr.'s plane get shot down during the Korean War or something like that?

Nickdfresh
03-12-2013, 02:15 PM

He was a torpedo bomber pilot for the Navy flying Avengers. He was shot down actually and narrowly escape certain death in Japanese captivity. The book Flyboys deals with what happened during a series of air strikes conducted around the island of Chichi Jima, the sister atoll of the more well known Iwo Jima. The latter being famous because of the Marine landings there whereas Chichi was isolated using bombers, but no landings ever took place there. Bush escaped, but the other naval aviators who were captured were killed after being held for a time and then ordered to be cannibalized ritualistically by an alcoholic Imperial Japanese Army officer. Most of the Japanese servicemen on the island were disgusted by their treatment and many refused to partake or faked eating the flesh....

Zing!
03-12-2013, 02:27 PM
. I think Colin Powell or Shwarzkopf were the last famous true military heroes.

Why were they heroes? Do you mean military celebrities?

sadaist
03-12-2013, 06:14 PM
Why were they heroes? Do you mean military celebrities?

Sadly you are correct. I haven't been alive in the time of a true famous military hero. But in the old days there were genuine generals that were considered national heroes.

sadaist
03-12-2013, 06:15 PM
He was a torpedo bomber pilot for the Navy flying Avengers. He was shot down actually and narrowly escape certain death in Japanese captivity. The book Flyboys deals with what happened during a series of air strikes conducted around the island of Chichi Jima, the sister atoll of the more well known Iwo Jima. The latter being famous because of the Marine landings there whereas Chichi was isolated using bombers, but no landings ever took place there. Bush escaped, but the other naval aviators who were captured were killed after being held for a time and then ordered to be cannibalized ritualistically by an alcoholic Imperial Japanese Army officer. Most of the Japanese servicemen on the island were disgusted by their treatment and many refused to partake or faked eating the flesh....

WOW! I had no idea. Fucking crazy. Now I want to learn about these guys.

SunisinuS
03-12-2013, 10:18 PM
WOW! I had no idea. Fucking crazy. Now I want to learn about these guys.

GHB I do have some respect for as a person. I used to serve breakfast (as a host) back in the days of those jobs and met one of his "bunkmates" as in, like you know 20 of them in a bunk space.

That guy was later on the raid that sank the Yamato. He said George was meticulous, kept mostly to himself, and wrote his mother everyday, and Always on Sunday.

Least that fuck knew what it was to be dropped in the drink during a war, instead of his son, that thought only Olives did that.

:sockfucker: