PDA

View Full Version : BecKKK compares Bloomberg's soda cup fetish to Adolf Hitler and John Wilkes Booth

FORD
03-13-2013, 01:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUXcFo4gsOo

sadaist
03-13-2013, 01:57 PM
Crazy. But it does boil down to someone with money & power dictating how the rest of us live. Albeit not in the same realm as Hitler. I do hate Bloomberg though.

Nickdfresh
03-13-2013, 03:12 PM
Beck's a retard. but why even give him publicity here? Bloomberg's soda-ban was retarded...

Nitro Express
03-13-2013, 05:22 PM
If Bloomberg banned large doses of beer he would be crucified upside down in Times Square.

Nickdfresh
03-14-2013, 09:36 AM
If Bloomberg banned large doses of beer he would be crucified upside down in Times Square.

Yeah. The truth is that between beer and soda in moderate servings, soda (or pop as we call it here) is probably worse for you. Certain beers like Guinness or Sierra Nevada Pale Ale actually have antioxidants in them. Of course drinking six or seven on one sitting probably defeats the antioxidants... :) Of course if Bloomy really did ban large servings of beer, he'd be not only Hitler, but the Chavez Diablo! Seriously though, I think the 16-oz. limit wouldn't made much of a difference because you could have as many 16-oz. sodas as you wanted, but not a single 32-oz bucket of shitty corn syrup...

:gulp:

ELVIS
03-14-2013, 10:06 AM
The truth is...

They're both bad for you...

Nickdfresh
03-14-2013, 11:03 AM
They're both bad for you...

No. Not really, not in moderation. Studies show a net positive for moderate drinking and teetotalers don't live any longer than drinkers do as a whole. And most "weekend warriors", guys that work out, drink beer moderately or even heavily...

ELVIS
03-14-2013, 11:30 AM
A no carb, gluten free beer would be fairly good for you...

But beer is not a way to get any benefit from alcohol except to get drunk...

FORD
03-14-2013, 12:32 PM

And I'd be hammering the first nail! :gulp:

FORD
03-14-2013, 12:37 PM
A no carb, gluten free beer would be fairly good for you...

But beer is not a way to get any benefit from alcohol except to get drunk...

You haven't seen Nick's thread over in "Non" yet, have you?

No carb beer tastes like shit. I tried a few of them back when I was doing the Atkins thing, Haven't tried the gluten free stuff yet, but I've seen a few brands in the stores around here, so I might give them a shot.... though I don't have a specific issue with the gluten thing that I know of. :gulp:

ELVIS
03-14-2013, 02:00 PM
Gluten free beer won't give you a beer belly...

FORD
03-14-2013, 03:04 PM
Gluten free beer won't give you a beer belly...

Well, even without gluten, there's still a high carb content, so I'm sure it probably would.

Some of these GF brews look interesting though....

http://www.foodrepublic.com/2012/12/10/5-gluten-free-beers-are-actually-worth-drinking

ELVIS
03-14-2013, 03:34 PM
Those do sound good...

Too bad I don't drink...:biggrin:

Nitro Express
03-14-2013, 03:50 PM
Yeah. The truth is that between beer and soda in moderate servings, soda (or pop as we call it here) is probably worse for you. Certain beers like Guinness or Sierra Nevada Pale Ale actually have antioxidants in them. Of course drinking six or seven on one sitting probably defeats the antioxidants... :) Of course if Bloomy really did ban large servings of beer, he'd be not only Hitler, but the Chavez Diablo! Seriously though, I think the 16-oz. limit wouldn't made much of a difference because you could have as many 16-oz. sodas as you wanted, but not a single 32-oz bucket of shitty corn syrup...

I say we serve beer in the grade schools then.

Nickdfresh
03-14-2013, 04:52 PM
I say we serve beer in the grade schools then.

Me too, but only in the teachers' lounge where the hot young ones and MILF's are. Grrrrr! ;)

tbone888
03-14-2013, 05:04 PM

Its ironic they have antioxidants, considering alcohol is a carcinogen. I guess the two have a battle after consumption to see who wins.