PDA

View Full Version : Why the fuck do newspapers still exist, and when are they going away for good?

BITEYOASS
03-15-2013, 11:23 AM
Talk about a waste of paper.

Angel
03-15-2013, 11:39 AM

There's still a lot of seniors that read them.

Zing!
03-15-2013, 11:41 AM
And winos that use them as bedding.

DLR Bridge
03-15-2013, 01:17 PM
Why the fuck do newspapers still exist, and when are they going away for good?

Oh it's all on the way out alright. Newsweek Magazine sold it's last printed issue this past December. I say by 2018, magazines and newspapers will be extinct. Good for saving trees. Not so good for saving jobs.

chefcraig
03-15-2013, 02:06 PM
The art of studied, careful, inspired and well thought out print journalism goes the way of the dinosaur, to be replaced by inaccurate nonsense and outright falsehoods made up on the spot by the likes of TMZ, Twitter or other social networking sites, which then gets re-reported as fact on various cable and non-cable news.

Progress, ladies and gents. Ain't it wonderful?

FORD
03-15-2013, 02:12 PM
The newspapers and AM radio - two formats that are technologically obsolete. Yet both formats are dominated by right wing extremists, and for that reason, they ain't going anywhere.

If you happen to live somewhere that still has an independent, non corporate behemoth owned version of either a newspaper or a radio station, enjoy it while you can. It probably won't exist much longer.

Nickdfresh
03-15-2013, 02:14 PM
I like reading a newspaper, but I admittedly don't subscribe. I enjoy picking one up on Saturday or Sunday, or if I go out to eat breakfast. I support them as a means to actually pay real journalists with some sort of pretension for fact-checking and investigative reporting breaking real stories before the world is taken over by online partisan clearinghouse and conspiracy jerkoff sites and celebrity news for teen girls.....

cadaverdog
03-15-2013, 02:17 PM
To read on the shitter.

Nickdfresh
03-15-2013, 02:41 PM
To read on the shitter.

Yeah, and that too...

Nitro Express
03-15-2013, 04:37 PM
Newspapers exist because you still need them to line birdcages with and you can't start a fire with a mobile device or computer.

Nitro Express
03-15-2013, 04:40 PM
I like reading a newspaper, but I admittedly don't subscribe. I enjoy picking one up on Saturday or Sunday, or if I go out to eat breakfast. I support them as a means to actually pay real journalists with some sort of pretension for fact-checking and investigative reporting breaking real stories before the world is taken over by online partisan clearinghouse and conspiracy jerkoff sites and celebrity news for teen girls.....

You must have better newspapers than we have. The newspapers here look like they just copied and pasted what was on Yahoo. Very far from the Associated Press inverted pyramid format or any kind of real fact checking.