Dr. Love
03-20-2013, 03:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HkSkQgnEV-Q

Thoughts?

LoungeMachine
03-20-2013, 03:54 PM
Boggles the mind.

It's hard to defend this from him.

When we suspend habeus corpus, we've joined the League of Ordinary Nations.

:gulp:

jhale667
03-20-2013, 04:19 PM
Agree it's a complete head-scratcher, and that there's no defending it... he's screwing this one up.

Dr. Love
03-20-2013, 05:33 PM
I kind of considered it more breath-taking and brazen than I considered it head-scratching.

LoungeMachine
03-20-2013, 05:38 PM
I kind of considered it more breath-taking and brazen than I considered it head-scratching.

You say potato....

Dr. Love
03-20-2013, 06:32 PM
You say potato....

You guys say "treason" when the same thing is pushed by conservatives?

ELVIS
03-20-2013, 06:42 PM
That's why they're scratching their heads...

Obama couldn't possibly betray them...

Dr. Love
03-20-2013, 10:35 PM
I'm just amazed that they will arrest people for crimes they might commit ... our government is terrible at predicting what will happen. This is taking the doctrine of pre-emption to a new extreme.

jhale667
03-20-2013, 10:58 PM
I'm just amazed that they will arrest people for crimes they might commit ... our government is terrible at predicting what will happen. This is taking the doctrine of pre-emption to a new extreme.

Yes, way too much like the Cruise movie for comfort. I think the fact that it's already been declared as an attempt to form an "alternate system" of law will doom it once it's challenged (and you know it will be) in the courts.

Nitro Express
03-20-2013, 11:00 PM
Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. I say it's time to dump this Bush program we are on and go back to the constitution. Mr. Obama is starting to sound like Dick Cheney more and more. Did you guys catch his love fest with Netanyahu? All options are on the table to keep Iran from having a nuclear weapon. In other words, yeah Mr. Netanyahu, we will bomb Iran.

I think it's time to impeach the bastard. I would feel better with Joe Biden in the seat. Joe is just a typical politician. Obama's dictator attitudes are scary.

There's enough dirt tied to Bengazi alone to get rid of him.

Nitro Express
03-20-2013, 11:05 PM
That's why they're scratching their heads...

Obama couldn't possibly betray them...

Oh people got caught up in the Obama fever. He's nothing more than a paid actor with George Soros and Zibignew Brzenski behind him. We would be in a similar mess with John McCain though. That guy is another nutbag. McCain probably would have moved on Iran already and that is World War III. I think the mess is bigger than Barrack Obama and both parties are responsible for it. It's almost like Barrack's puppet master has changed all a sudden.

Dr. Love
03-20-2013, 11:26 PM
I don't know about that ... but I do think maybe he's losing it a little bit if he thinks that we need to create a separate and entirely new legal system to deal with people that the government thinks may commit crimes but can't prove it.

It almost completely ignores that these people wouldn't be so determined to damage us if we hadn't been pissing on their countries for so many decades.

Nitro Express
03-20-2013, 11:31 PM
I don't know about that ... but I do think maybe he's losing it a little bit if he thinks that we need to create a separate and entirely new legal system to deal with people that the government thinks may commit crimes but can't prove it.

It almost completely ignores that these people wouldn't be so determined to damage us if we hadn't been pissing on their countries for so many decades.

I always felt the powers that be wanted to keep the war on terror going. How you do that is intentionally pissing off people in the occupied countries. You piss people off intentionally and hopefully some of them will become terrorists that will eventually attack back and that adds fuel to the fire so you can sell more weapons and grab more power. When you own military contractor stocks and need crisis to exploit (never let a crisis go to waste), you love war and terrorism. It's your best friend. Peace is a bitch for some because that means no excuse to behave badly and no fear to exploit.

Nitro Express
03-20-2013, 11:34 PM

It seems to be he wants his own little government inside the government. Hmmmmm. Hitler had that. It was called the SS. Once you have that you can intimidate the rest of the government including the military.

ELVIS
03-20-2013, 11:39 PM
But nobody's gonna say anything because they're under an Obama spell...

Nickdfresh
03-21-2013, 05:29 PM
Oh people got caught up in the Obama fever. He's nothing more than a paid actor with George Soros and Zibignew Brzenski behind him....

WTF are you talking about? Brzezinski? Really?

Nickdfresh
03-21-2013, 05:32 PM
I idea of "Indefinite Detention" is appalling. However I have no problem with the sort of preemptive detention used in the UK, with time limits and as long as there are access to lawyers. But we're not sure of the exact time-frames being discussed here, and the "decade" mark is just speculation...

Nickdfresh
03-21-2013, 05:32 PM
But nobody's gonna say anything because they're under an Obama spell...

Obama ordered me to tell you that your guitar playing sucks...

jhale667
03-21-2013, 05:48 PM
Obama ordered me to tell you that your guitar playing sucks...

:lol:

Dr. Love
03-21-2013, 07:45 PM
I idea of "Indefinite Detention" is appalling. However I have no problem with the sort of preemptive detention used in the UK, with time limits and as long as there are access to lawyers. But we're not sure of the exact time-frames being discussed here, and the "decade" mark is just speculation...

I don't agree ... I don't see why we would allow the government to pre-emptively detain people? Most law enforcement can already hold you without charges for a short amount of time. If the government thinks someone is planning to commit a crime, arrest them for conspiracy.

I fail to see where the current legal code fails us?

The answer here isn't to suspend more of our protections from the government, it's rather to have a government that doesn't foster this sort of hatred of us where people want to do this.

ELVIS
03-22-2013, 03:51 PM
That's a lot of head scratching...

The government openly works with Al Qaeda, and conservative gun owners are the new terrorists...

Next stop, FEMA camps...

:mad2:

FORD
03-22-2013, 04:10 PM

The government openly works with Al Qaeda

That's like saying "the government openly works with Santa Claus, the tooth fairy, and the Easter Bunny." Careful with those strangely colored eggs and chocolate bunnies next week, they are probably chemical weapons!

and conservative gun owners are the new terrorists...

Well, some of them definitely are. They're hoarding weapons and threatening to commit acts of terrorism. And others have willingly sold weapons to terrorists. Also let's not forget that, even in the height of post 9/11 hysteria, the gun nuts absolutely refused to let gun purchase records of suspected terrorist be called into question.

Next stop, FEMA camps...

Which is about halfway down the highway between Never Never Land and the place where Randtard Libertarianism actually works.

Nickdfresh
03-22-2013, 04:36 PM
I don't agree ... I don't see why we would allow the government to pre-emptively detain people? Most law enforcement can already hold you without charges for a short amount of time. If the government thinks someone is planning to commit a crime, arrest them for conspiracy.

Which is basically what I mean...perhaps a bit more codified with restrictions and due process...

I fail to see where the current legal code fails us?

The answer here isn't to suspend more of our protections from the government, it's rather to have a government that doesn't foster this sort of hatred of us where people want to do this.

I agree in principle, but the accusations here are a bit wide, vague and speculative. We're really not sure what exactly he is referring too in the "two" speech(es)...

Nickdfresh
03-22-2013, 04:51 PM

The government openly works with Al Qaeda, and conservative gun owners are the new terrorists...

Next stop, FEMA camps...

You're a dolt! We've heard the FEMA Camp bullshit for 20 years now, with no evidence! BTW, I fail to recall you worried about FEMA Camps and other paranoid anti-govt-conspiracy crap when Bush was in office. But suddenly, after the paranoia during Clinton's tenure, they're back. Really?..

There is a legitimate civil liberties issue here, but its flying over your head with your extremist rhetoric and paranoia of rehashed, selective theories...

jhale667
03-22-2013, 05:01 PM

Next stop, FEMA camps...

And then you wake up.... :rolleyes:

tbone888
03-22-2013, 05:11 PM
Indefinite Detention eh....sounds like what the witnesses to the Benghazi attack are being held on :)

ELVIS
03-22-2013, 05:45 PM
And then you wake up.... :rolleyes:

Where do you head scratchers think they're going to place the detainees ??

jhale667
03-22-2013, 05:58 PM
Where do you head scratchers think they're going to place the detainees ??

Your trailer park...

ELVIS
03-22-2013, 06:06 PM
You don't know how to take anything seriously...

Where do you think they're going with this indefinite detention...

I told you my idea, what's yours ??