PDA

View Full Version : Whole Lotta Sex Machine

twonabomber
03-22-2013, 12:22 PM
Well?

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3XeI9H2__gM?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3XeI9H2__gM?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

VetteLS5
03-22-2013, 12:45 PM
LOL. That is badass.

Matt White
03-22-2013, 12:55 PM
pure genius

DLR Bridge
03-22-2013, 01:00 PM
I think that guy Midnight Phil, who did the occasionally funny VH reviews, used that tune as his theme song. That is a bad ass mix.

jhale667
03-22-2013, 01:22 PM
Yep, Midnight Phil uses that as his theme, but that's the first time I've heard it in its entirety... fucking brilliant!!! :killer:

FORD
03-22-2013, 01:35 PM
Damn.... I almost wish Krusty were here so she could hear this :(

jhale667
03-22-2013, 02:41 PM

Here's the Krust's most likely response:

G H E Y

DONNIEP
03-22-2013, 03:04 PM
Fuck. Now I'm gonna have to go home and watch Midnight Phil all over again, got that damn song stuck in my brain right where Big Bottom usually is...

vandeleur
03-22-2013, 03:07 PM
the tune is awesome .... and midnight phil stuffs pretty cool .

DONNIEP
03-22-2013, 03:10 PM
This song kicks so much ass it ain't funny...makes me want to walk downstairs and bang the new chick. Senselessly.

FORD
03-22-2013, 03:33 PM
Just for the record.... Jimmy Page has seen it, and likes it enough to put it on his own website. (http://www.jimmypage.com/)

ELVIS
03-22-2013, 03:44 PM
How long before record execs catch on and start selling us this "music" ??

vandeleur
03-22-2013, 03:50 PM
You mean like this ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md7k5xH7HbI&feature=player_detailpage#t=72s

FORD
03-22-2013, 04:01 PM
Well there's the dilemma.....

As a rule, I'm not a big fan of making records from other people's records. Hated that Kashmir ripoff in particular. I heard a statistic once that said John Bonham's drums had been on 10 times as many records after his death than he actually recorded in his life.

And that was in the early 1990s... I'm sure it's much worse now.

Hell, even Robert Plant sampled the Hell out of Zeppelin on that "Tall Cool One" song in 1988 or whenever it was, and Page played some actual guitar on that one as well.

So it's not like these guys are any stranger to recycling their records.

Guess it comes down to whether it sounds good or not. This one actually does. The Puff Daddy shit didn't. If this was put out as a CD or a vinyl single, I might actually buy it. But I think the profits should go to a charity or something......

Mushroom
03-22-2013, 04:02 PM
I just had a Krusty moment. Mash-ups are fucking stoopid. I don't get it and I don't care.

vandeleur
03-22-2013, 04:05 PM
Guess it comes down to whether it sounds good or not. ..

That just about nails it .

Coyote
03-22-2013, 04:42 PM
Blasphemous? Yes, but at least it makes Lady Gaga sound better...

jhale667
03-22-2013, 04:45 PM
Well there's the dilemma.....

As a rule, I'm not a big fan of making records from other people's records. Hated that Kashmir ripoff in particular. I heard a statistic once that said John Bonham's drums had been on 10 times as many records after his death than he actually recorded in his life.

And that was in the early 1990s... I'm sure it's much worse now.

Hell, even Robert Plant sampled the Hell out of Zeppelin on that "Tall Cool One" song in 1988 or whenever it was, and Page played some actual guitar on that one as well.

So it's not like these guys are any stranger to recycling their records.

Guess it comes down to whether it sounds good or not. This one actually does. The Puff Daddy shit didn't. If this was put out as a CD or a vinyl single, I might actually buy it. But I think the profits should go to a charity or something......

Amazon MP3 download was only $.89.

And c'mon, Coyote - that's not saying much... my farts sound better than Lady Gagme... :biggrin:

Coyote
03-22-2013, 05:01 PM
And c'mon, Coyote - that's not saying much... my farts sound better than Lady Gagme... :biggrin:

Maybe, but I'll salute anyone who makes Madonna shake in her boots. :yo:

jhale667
03-22-2013, 05:05 PM
Maybe, but I'll salute anyone who makes Madonna shake in her boots. :yo:

More like pisses Madge off because she's doing her schtick...badly... ;)

chefcraig
03-22-2013, 07:03 PM
Missed opportunity: When Brown goes into the "bridge" segment, Robert Plant should have "answered" him with "Where's the confounded bridge?"

Nickdfresh
03-22-2013, 07:12 PM
I just had a Krusty moment. Mash-ups are fucking stoopid. I don't get it and I don't care.

Most mashups are stupid, because the guys doing it suck and have no taste nor creative sensibilities. This one is just frankly, awesome! :)

chefcraig
03-22-2013, 07:31 PM
I always thought this one worked out quite well, and brilliantly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThU9BOWcmjM

jhale667
03-22-2013, 07:41 PM
The Sabbath one is cool too, but the James Brown one is just genius.

Hardrock69
03-22-2013, 07:47 PM
I agree.

I just heard Whole Lotta Sex Machine a few minutes ago, and I really dig it! It kicks fucking ass! Best mashup I have ever heard!

Mushroom
03-22-2013, 09:55 PM
Most mashups are stupid, because the guys doing it suck and have no taste nor creative sensibilities. This one is just frankly, awesome! :)

ok it's probably the best one I've heard. It's the contrast and beat that works so well. But I prefer a DJ live at a dance club owning the double turntable. The singer alongside James Brown looks familiar.

Nickdfresh
03-23-2013, 10:03 AM
ok it's probably the best one I've heard. It's the contrast and beat that works so well. But I prefer a DJ live at a dance club owning the double turntable. The singer alongside James Brown looks familiar.

I've seen my share of turd'mixes. One of the bars I go too has a couple of TV's playing videos that were programmed by a 50-something weirdo who owns one of the fake chicken wing tourist traps in Buffalo, and has bizarre taste and knowledge of Euro-shit. Here's some of the pointless shit he actually put on:

Nickdfresh
03-23-2013, 10:21 AM
The MP3 is here (https://soundcloud.com/fissunix/whole-sex-lotta-machine-james-brown-vs-led-zep)...

ELVIS
03-23-2013, 10:34 AM
One of the bars I go too has a couple of TV's playing videos that were programmed by a 50-something weirdo who owns one of the fake chicken wing tourist traps in Buffalo, and has bizarre taste and knowledge of Euro-shit.

Is it any wonder you're lonely ??

:biggrin:

vandeleur
03-23-2013, 10:49 AM
The more I listen to that whole lotta sex the better it gets ...I bet it would sound fucking ace in a club blasting.:rockit2:

Nickdfresh
03-23-2013, 02:57 PM
Is it any wonder you're lonely ??

:biggrin:

That's why I go there, to bang the barmaids/waitresses. You know? like you go to church to sucker some low self-esteem chick to marry you and get her family to support your ass?

envy_me
03-23-2013, 02:59 PM
I've seen my share of turd'mixes. One of the bars I go too has a couple of TV's playing videos that were programmed by a 50-something weirdo who owns one of the fake chicken wing tourist traps in Buffalo, and has bizarre taste and knowledge of Euro-shit. Here's some of the pointless shit he actually put on:

:lmao: Omg, those are terrible. Especially the last one.

Hardrock69
03-23-2013, 06:39 PM
Missed opportunity: When Brown goes into the "bridge" segment, Robert Plant should have "answered" him with "Where's the confounded bridge?"

I'm just trying to find the bridge.......

Yeah, that should SO be there. Perhaps the dude who created this can fix it.

I will say this....I am watching it again NOW and have seen it several times since yesterday.....the riff combined with Brother James vox send it over the top into Heavy Metal Funk Land!!!!

Hardrock69
03-23-2013, 06:58 PM
Found a different edit......I don't think the editing is as good as the first one, but the footage used is much better in many cases....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmfdsXOMxP4

Hardrock69
03-24-2013, 12:27 AM
One thing that helps this mashup succeed like a 30-ton locomotive is that the drum track is new.

It is just a standard 4/4 loop, with occasional tings from Bonzo's actual cymbals, but for the most part it is just kick and snare.

LOVE the sound of the kick and snare on this.

It really makes this track.....perfect straight man to the insane funk laid down by Brother James, and the Heavy Metal stylings of Jimmy Page around 1969....

With James and Jimmy playing off the straight beat, it makes the entire fucking thing slam.

It is badder than 100 MOTHERFUCKERS!

FORD
03-24-2013, 01:09 AM
Actually, I think the drum track was stolen from the Run-DMC version of "Walk This Way", which explains why there are clips from that video included in the mash up video.

It didn't even hit me at first, until I stopped to think about why they would have included that video at all since it had nothing to do with James Brown or Led Zeppelin. But then I listened closer and dug the old Run-DMC disc out of the closet, and I'm pretty sure they lifted the drums from there.... or at least part of them.

envy_me
03-24-2013, 12:36 PM

I also kind of miss her :(

Nitro Express
03-24-2013, 01:17 PM
I also kind of miss her :(

That's ghey.

envy_me
03-24-2013, 01:18 PM
That's ghey.

Sorry, it's just not the same as if she would say it.

Coyote
03-24-2013, 04:04 PM
Imagine Lemmy as a dance-pop artist...

https://soundcloud.com/jones-playlist/the-face-of-spades?utm_source=soundcloud&utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=facebook&utm_content=https%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2Fjones-playlist%2Fthe-face-of-spades

twonabomber
03-25-2013, 08:36 AM
Quit fucking up my thread with Kristy talk!