PDA

View Full Version : FAUX Noize: Coming to brainwash your children!

FORD
03-23-2013, 01:26 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YRvOVw01K8

ELVIS
03-23-2013, 09:39 AM
I can imagine plenty of things more scary than this...

Nitro Express
03-23-2013, 12:16 PM
No more propaganda than what is on MSNBC. Of course they are out to brain wash the children. That is the purpose of propaganda channels like FOX NEWS and MSNBC. Real journalists don't take a political side and only report the Who, What, Where, When, and How as accurately as possible.

sadaist
03-23-2013, 02:01 PM
Stossell does make a lot of common sense with much of what he does. Granted I haven't seen a large portion of his work, but most of what I have seen is straight to the point information brought to light to show how ridiculous a lot of our government practices are.

Nitro Express
03-23-2013, 03:34 PM
Stossell does make a lot of common sense with much of what he does. Granted I haven't seen a large portion of his work, but most of what I have seen is straight to the point information brought to light to show how ridiculous a lot of our government practices are.

He's been around for a while. He's more like the old school investigative reporting guy but Stossell cut his teeth decades ago in an era where the news media was much more diverse. Now it's owned by only 5 parent companies if even that. You either spill right wing or left wing propaganda with a few decent stories thrown in to keep things from getting too ridiculous.

In the old days the population was not so dumbed down and demanded more professional reporting.

sadaist
03-24-2013, 01:17 PM
He's been around for a while. He's more like the old school investigative reporting guy but Stossell cut his teeth decades ago in an era where the news media was much more diverse. Now it's owned by only 5 parent companies if even that. You either spill right wing or left wing propaganda with a few decent stories thrown in to keep things from getting too ridiculous.

In the old days the population was not so dumbed down and demanded more professional reporting.

One of my favorite news segments was from Tom Brokaw called The Fleecing of America.

Problem is it was one story & then it would die and he would be off to the next. After a while you would forget about most and only 1 or 2 would stand out in your mind. I almost wish someone would do the series but take each subject to completion to where whatever the transgression or offending action was it was corrected.

In the 80's the local news in San Diego had Michael Turko. He had a segment 1x per week called The Turko Files where he did just that. Would take a story of someone getting screwed by red tape, or a corporation, or the govt and follow it through to completion and resolve. I'd love to see something like that but on a national scale for big stuff. And every city should have some advocate show like that to bring shit to light & fix it.

*add photo edit

http://www.nashvilletv.org/music/wkrn1998_turkofiles.JPG

looks like he is still out there. Aged well. Dude is great!

http://kusi.images.worldnow.com/images/12963597_BG2.jpg

Nitro Express
03-24-2013, 01:22 PM
Actually the whole world is getting fleeced. The US had the most to steal and a big military machine to hijack. Never let a crisis go to waste. When the people are spooked take advantage of that to grab more power and make more money. The war on terror and the systematic elimination of basic rights was the result on 9/11. The bankers bailout and the banking abuse was the result of the banks telling us there would be blood in the streets if we didn't bail them out. Well Iceland let the banks fail and sent the bankers to jail and they are better than they were before and no blood in their streets.

It's the international banking system not any particular country. The only three countries not participating are Cuba, North Korea, and Iran. Something tells me if Iran set up a western controlled central bank our relations with them would suddenly improve.

FORD
03-24-2013, 03:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUymxK88xoU

sadaist
03-24-2013, 03:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUymxK88xoU

Fucking hypocrites. They got a plexiglass desk, a large screen flat panel TV, a well lit studio, plastic pens, and most likely drove to the studio. I wonder how much oil, coal, mining resources each of them use every second of every day? Those things have greatly improved our lives over the last 200 years.

Should we be finding more & better ways to do it more environmentally conscious? of course. But you can't slam the very foundation of modern civilization today while at the same time benefiting from it greatly. We sure take a lot for granted.

Nitro Express
03-24-2013, 04:37 PM
Fucking hypocrites. They got a plexiglass desk, a large screen flat panel TV, a well lit studio, plastic pens, and most likely drove to the studio. I wonder how much oil, coal, mining resources each of them use every second of every day? Those things have greatly improved our lives over the last 200 years.

Should we be finding more & better ways to do it more environmentally conscious? of course. But you can't slam the very foundation of modern civilization today while at the same time benefiting from it greatly. We sure take a lot for granted.

Exactly. Oil, Coal, Natural Gas, and Mining are big industries in Utah. Follow the money and yes there is corruption there. Also, without those things, we would be wearing skins and living in crude housing with no modern conveniences. Sometimes I feel like making their wish come true. Take everything made from oil and mining away. That plexiglass desk would be gone and that chick would be naked because the polyester fiber in her clothes is made from oil. She's kind of cute. That may not be a bad thing.

FORD
03-24-2013, 05:24 PM
Well, the solution to plastics is easy enough....

Don't use plastics at all where possible - i.e. food packaging. We all know food and drinks taste better in glass containers anyway. Do away with the plastic entirely. I won't buy anything in a plastic bottle anymore. If I can't get glass, I'll drink it out of aluminum cans. Glass recycles easier, and even if they need to make more of it, I doubt we're going to run out of sand anytime soon. (Though they might still use it as an excuse to occupy the Middle East, since they have even more sand than they do oil.)

As for the other plastic stuff, just make it from a better source material, such as hemp. Hell, even the mutant MonSatan corn.... as long as it's not food packaging, what the hell?

ThrillsNSpills
03-24-2013, 05:29 PM

Don't use plastics at all where possible -

Not an easy solution but the good news is there's much more awareness regarding BPA since there are more BPA free stickers on plastic products.

Nitro Express
03-24-2013, 06:19 PM

Don't use plastics at all where possible - i.e. food packaging. We all know food and drinks taste better in glass containers anyway. Do away with the plastic entirely. I won't buy anything in a plastic bottle anymore. If I can't get glass, I'll drink it out of aluminum cans. Glass recycles easier, and even if they need to make more of it, I doubt we're going to run out of sand anytime soon. (Though they might still use it as an excuse to occupy the Middle East, since they have even more sand than they do oil.)

As for the other plastic stuff, just make it from a better source material, such as hemp. Hell, even the mutant MonSatan corn.... as long as it's not food packaging, what the hell?

I'm all for getting off of oil. A lot of people who used to work for the Department of Energy retired here and I hear those guys all the time say they get pissed every time they pay the electric bill or fill the tank on their car. Most of them say technology has been held back. They were going to build a prototype low emissions coal plant at the Idaho National Engineering Laboratory and see if they could burn coal with almost no emissions. Dick Cheney used his pull in the government to nix the project. They were going to use biological filters to extract bio diesel from the emissions. Alternative energy is a huge area and basically it could be the next big growth industry we are looking for.

Nothing is going to change until a US President stands up and offers the challenge to get off of oil in ten years. Meanwhile if they are going to keep us on the stuff, I don't want to be price gouged. What they want to do is keep us on it and make it more and more expensive so they make more and more. I think they know some foreign country will develop new energy sources and then the cat is out of the bag. If you look at worldwide oil use it's huge and frankly I don't think it's sustainable. A temporary transition fuel would be natural gas but to get that involves fracking. I think fracking can be done safely but I don't trust energy company's to do a safe job of it and once that water table is contaminated it's contaminated and natural gas does not matter when you have nothing to drink.

So it's a mess. Oh by the way. The Monsanto Protection Act passed the house and senate and is going to Obama for his signature. I called the White House and gave my two cents on vetoing it. You should do the same. He probably will sign it into law since he's on his last term and probably has plans to live high on the hog on Monsanto money after he's out of office.