PDA

View Full Version : Mole people of missouri!!!

Matt White
04-09-2013, 04:24 PM
Intricate Underground City for Homeless Uncovered In Kansas City, Mo.

http://realestate.aol.com/blog/on/http:/realestate.aol.com/blog/on/underground-city-homeless-kansas-city/?icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl2|sec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D295813

Police in Kansas City, Mo, have uncovered an "underground suburb" where homeless people have been living, the likes of which homeless outreach groups have never seen, local station KMBC-TV reported. An intricate network of tunnels and caves had been carved underground, some as far down as 20 to 25 feet. Inside, police found rooms with bedding and candles. There were tents propped above ground, suggesting that several people were calling the unlikely place home.

"This one kind of goes back, and that's deep," Officer Jason Cooley said, in describing a tunnel to KMBC, while surveying the grounds. "The tents over here, I can guarantee you they're still lived-in because of the condition they're in. They're clean. They were more than likely used just last night."

http://www.blogcdn.com/realestate.aol.com/blog/media/2013/04/underground-homeless-city.jpg

According to The Kansas City Star, some of the entryways to the underground tunnels were concealed, while others had wood stacked around them or were completely open. Police discovered the underground complex while investigating cases of copper theft in a nearby industrial area. They came back to evict the homeless "tenants" because of squalid conditions, KMBC reported. "We're working to find out if, in fact, they've got kids down here because this is not a safe environment for that," Cooley said. A pile of diapers had been found at the scene. Police used Bobcat bulldozers to dig up the debris surrounding the campsite and to fill in the tunnels dug underground.

When police returned Friday with Hope Faith Ministries, an outreach group, to disassemble the camp, they found four people there. It wasn't clear when the underground network was built or how many people were living there. Those suspected of living there are also thought to be connected to the rash of thefts in the area.

Hope Faith Ministries offered services to the homeless residents, all three of the four said they would accept the help, the Star reported. "By providing help for these people in this manner, maybe they won't feel the need to go out and steal because they're getting services they need to be able to live and survive," Carla Brewer of Hope Faith Ministries told KMBC.

This is a sad case of people trying to survive by literally going underground, but we've seen much happier uses of underground spaces. Our favorite is the case English homeowner John Wiggins, who built a replica of an iron mine under his backyard. The mine has a 150-foot corridor that looks exactly like the mines that were prevalent in his area back in the 1800s.

http://www.blogcdn.com/realestate.aol.com/blog/media/2013/04/14-1365530256.jpg

TFM_Dale
04-09-2013, 06:02 PM
Wow, that is pretty messed up but kind of cool to. Could have brought a whole new meaning to underground party.

Matt White
04-09-2013, 06:06 PM
I'm surprised that isn't going on at Eloise!!!

http://www.talesofeloise.com/eloise2006/ruins/13.jpg

Or the old PACKARD PLANT...

http://diaphotography.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/jessies-packard-plant.jpg?w=500&h=333

PETE'S BROTHER
04-10-2013, 12:01 AM
"all three of the four"? :lmao:

sadaist
04-10-2013, 01:28 AM
Disassemble the camp!!!!!!!????????????

WHAT

THE

FUCK!!!!????

God damn I hate our government. The people are homeless and find a place where they can sleep safely, out of the way of others, stay warm and protected, and keep the place clean while staying out of sight and we kick them the fuck out??!!

Fuck I hate this planet more & more every day.

There clearly are not enough resources for homeless people to stay in shelters. If you are lucky enough to have a car it's illegal to sleep in it overnight anywhere. You can't camp anywhere. It;s illegal to sleep outside within most city limits anywhere, and outside city limits is usually federal land or state land in 1 form or another and thats trespassing. What are citizens supposed to do if they can't afford an extremely overpriced roof over their heads?

Zing!
04-10-2013, 09:12 AM
What are citizens supposed to do if they can't afford an extremely overpriced roof over their heads?

Eat cake?

envy_me
04-10-2013, 09:38 AM
Eat cake?

:lmao:

Matt White
04-10-2013, 01:28 PM
Disassemble the camp!!!!!!!????????????

WHAT

THE

FUCK!!!!????

God damn I hate our government. The people are homeless and find a place where they can sleep safely, out of the way of others, stay warm and protected, and keep the place clean while staying out of sight and we kick them the fuck out??!!

Fuck I hate this planet more & more every day.

There clearly are not enough resources for homeless people to stay in shelters. If you are lucky enough to have a car it's illegal to sleep in it overnight anywhere. You can't camp anywhere. It;s illegal to sleep outside within most city limits anywhere, and outside city limits is usually federal land or state land in 1 form or another and thats trespassing. What are citizens supposed to do if they can't afford an extremely overpriced roof over their heads?

Bet they're scared of the liability.....cave in and people die....BIG payday for somebody....

"YOU LET THOSE PEOPLE LIVE UNDERGROUND???"

Of course, knowing how many homeless people are vets, we as a society do have a responsibility to those people............

clarathecarrot
04-10-2013, 02:18 PM
What's the point of being homeless with all the work involved ...I would get a job.

You want me to dig the tunnel so we can live underground....?? like most homeless all that effort is much more work than getting a job.

Write what on a sign..?? loan me money.. from moving vehicles at major intersection...I would have to keep my whits about me and dodge oncoming traffic to much work I will just get a job.

Being homeless is way to much work.

Homeless is just like work.

PETE'S BROTHER
04-10-2013, 02:27 PM
one thing, the property taxes are dirt cheap ;)

ThrillsNSpills
04-10-2013, 02:31 PM

chefcraig
04-10-2013, 02:33 PM
What's the point of being homeless with all the work involved ...I would get a job.

You want me to dig the tunnel so we can live underground....?? like most homeless all that effort is much more work than getting a job.

Write what on a sign..?? loan me money.. from moving vehicles at major intersection...I would have to keep my whits about me and dodge oncoming traffic to much work I will just get a job.

Being homeless is way to much work.

Homeless is just like work.

I'm unsure as to if you are being sarcastic, making a joke or are simply being cold-heartedly ignorant here. Nothing personal, yet how many homeless folks do you encounter on the average day? In my line of work, I tend to communicate from anywhere between 3 to 15 on a daily basis. NONE of these folks are homeless by choice, and to assume that all homeless folks have simply made some sort of creative lifestyle decision like a hair cut or shoe purchase misses the mark completely.

Sadly, for lack of a better phrase, shit happens in life. You don't suddenly wake up one fine morning and say out loud "Yup, I'm going to be homeless." Rather, circumstances both seen and unseen have a tendency of outweighing people's options, like losing a job, then having your home foreclosed upon while you've only managed to keep the minimum balance in your checking account. And all of that can occur in a frighteningly short amount of time.

So with no place to provide them welcome, they don't get to bathe or even eat regularly. They are reduced to surviving in a Walking Dead-like world, surrounded by predators and few, if any allies or resources.

Sorry friend, but comparing homelessness to a vocational exercise is not only judgmental, it's just plain wrong-headed as well.

Matt White
04-10-2013, 02:39 PM

If you were a Vet with mental problems due to combat....you'd live and die on the street

and in this.....THE GRATEST COUNTRY IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD...that is a NATIONAL DISGRACE...

"Support the Troops"

Put your money where your mouth is....stop being a Sunday Christian.....or even a "decent, moral person" when its convenient.........

WORD

envy_me
04-10-2013, 02:41 PM
Lol, carrot, as if the homeless think they've come up with this big scam.
But now you're telling them that it's just not worth it, it's ACTUALLY more work being homeless then getting a job. Go figure...

Matt White
04-10-2013, 02:43 PM
And you'd think....with the 100,000+ vacant homes and lots in DETROIT....

they could just doze 'em all and create farms for people to live and work on.............

of course....it would be the 21st century SHARE CROPPING.......................................

clarathecarrot
04-10-2013, 02:49 PM
How deep down do you own your land like oil rights you make a strike and guys set up a rig 2 miles away and drill at a 30 degree angle and steal your oil.

I bet like a government right of way or the river acts that noone can own a waterway the government owns all the land of the earth more than 1 foot down...

I guess I should plant my carrot this year not so deep gubment might claim some rights to it's usage..hmmm?

He doc I need a carrot augmentation..!!

I guess it doesn't matter how wide my carrot is just a depth limit..?

I'm HORNY!!

Edit : opps wrong quote for that post...

clarathecarrot
04-10-2013, 02:54 PM
one thing, the property taxes are dirt cheap ;)

Better stay below the poverty level wich I believe is around 16K these days don'yt want my street bumming to move into another tax backet... I'll get my accountant on it, he is homeless also over there on main street with a sign..he can then get the info to my banker he is in the tunnel to the left 30 paces and then hang a right at old gandy clem...better put all this on my dialy planner app....BEING HOMELESS IS WORK!!!!

Better buy a house of quit working weekens over at the local roundabout ..to much income...need some write offs..

PETE'S BROTHER
04-10-2013, 02:56 PM
better stay below the poverty level wich i believe is around 16k these days don'yt want my street bumming to move into another tax backet... I'll get my accountant on it, he is homeless also over there on main street with a sign..he can then get the info to my banker he is in the tunnel to the left 30 paces and then hang a right at old gandy clem...better put all this on my dialy planner app....being homeless is work!!!!

Better buy a house of quit working weekens over at the local roundabout ..to much income...need some write offs..

is he wearin' a silver dress and foam tiara thingy?

Northern Girl
04-10-2013, 03:01 PM
I'm HORNY!!

Do you use a condom or Saran Wrap on your carrot?

clarathecarrot
04-10-2013, 03:02 PM
is he wearin' a silver dress and foam tiara thingy?

Of course as usuall the freek'n glamour queen...I showed him everything he knows about shuffl'n and mumbl'n...it's the low baritone grumble that get's the extra interest.

FYI..kiddies..cause I care.

clarathecarrot
04-10-2013, 03:10 PM

I use a lawn and leaf bag and a bungie cord..and a bullwhip.

You little beastie.:bullwhip:

envy_me
04-10-2013, 03:18 PM

Of course he uses a condom. So he doesn't have to wash it when he's done with it before he eats it :D

PETE'S BROTHER
04-10-2013, 03:23 PM
Of course he uses a condom. So he doesn't have to wash it when he's done with it before he eats it :D

i think it should still be rinsed first

envy_me
04-10-2013, 03:25 PM

Depends on how deep he takes it :biggrin:

clarathecarrot
04-10-2013, 03:26 PM

I also store it in the crisper when not needed.

It's somewhat painfull but I want to keep it fresh.

PETE'S BROTHER
04-10-2013, 03:47 PM

you could go listen to the entire van halen catalog with roth instead of assuming clara takes carrots deep.

clarathecarrot
04-10-2013, 05:11 PM

I promise, no deep...just the tip...rodeo style ...

just the tip, I promise ..this time I mean it, no more excuses like.. I slipped...just the tip...?

What..?

You know BBQ southwest carrots on the grill...jeez some people...pervs..

chefcraig
04-10-2013, 07:48 PM

Ron Jeremy used to come into our store about twice a week. We always hosed down the vegetable aisle after he'd left, because ya just never know.

Zing!
04-10-2013, 09:38 PM
Ron Jeremy used to come into our store about twice a week. We always hosed down the vegetable aisle after he'd left, because ya just never know.

Is he a mole person or a hedgehog person?

sadaist
04-10-2013, 10:07 PM
If you were a Vet with mental problems due to combat....you'd live and die on the street

and in this.....THE GRATEST COUNTRY IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD...that is a NATIONAL DISGRACE...

"Support the Troops"

Put your money where your mouth is....stop being a Sunday Christian.....or even a "decent, moral person" when its convenient.........

WORD

Dude, we give way more than any people should be expected to give....and we still try to give more when we can. But the way it is allocated is a fucking crime.

Matt White
04-10-2013, 10:22 PM
Dude, we give way more than any people should be expected to give....and we still try to give more when we can. But the way it is allocated is a fucking crime.

I agree with that 100%...........

cut out the middle man.......give to your Church, religious organization.....or better yet...STOP & give that homeless person $5.00 out of your pocket...hell, give 'em $20.00

some piss and moan...."Oh, they're only going to buy booze with it..."

Yeah...ever been "down on your luck"? That guy NEEDS that booze...way more than I need that extra cash...............

People talk charity all the time...the super rich use it as a tax writeoff.....

This Country has lost its soul...its concern for our fellow man...THATS whats killing us....not some BULLSHIT debt farce...not Automatic weapons....not the Gay & Lesbian community

okay....I'm stepping off my soapbox for the night :P

ELVIS
04-10-2013, 10:27 PM
cut out the middle man.......give to your Church, religious organization.....or better yet...STOP & give that homeless person $5.00 out of your pocket...hell, give 'em $20.00

some piss and moan...."Oh, they're only going to buy booze with it..."

Yeah...ever been "down on your luck"? That guy NEEDS that booze...way more than I need that extra cash...............

Amen to that...

:rockit:

FORD
04-10-2013, 10:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGL2XdeNDo8

FORD
04-10-2013, 10:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8dA5IGIyEM

ZahZoo
04-11-2013, 10:03 AM
Judging by the directions this thread took... I never realized there were so many closet Missourians registered here...

Only a pervert from Missouri would contemplate carrot condoms...