PDA

View Full Version : Why 30 is really 45

ELVIS
04-11-2013, 10:03 AM
Today's adults are so unhealthy they are 15 years 'older' than their parents and grandparents at the same age, researchers say.

Daily Mail (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2307025/Why-30-new-45-Were-unhealthy-15-years-OLDER-parents-age.html)

They are more likely to suffer from high blood pressure, diabetes and obesity than previous generations because of poor health, according to a study published in the European Journal of Preventive Cardiology.

Looking at 6,000 adults aged 20, 30, 40, 50 over a 25 year period, researchers found younger generations had poorer 'metabolic' health - a range of issues including blood pressure and weight.

The study revealed men in their 30s were 20 per cent more likely to be overweight than in previous generations, while women in their 20s are twice as likely to be obese than those 10 years ago.

Blood pressure also increased among the younger generation of both men and women, while younger blokes are more likely to have diabetes than their dads and granddads were.

Author Gerben Hulsegge, from the Dutch National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, said the younger generation are '15 years ahead' in terms of 'metabolic' health.

He said: 'The more recently born adult generations are doing far worse than their predecessors.
'For example, the prevalence of obesity in our youngest generation of men and women at the mean age of 40 is similar to that of our oldest generation at the mean age of 55.

'This means that this younger generation is '15 years ahead' of the older generation and will be exposed to their obesity for a longer time.

Women in their 20s are twice as likely to be obese than those 10 years ago, the research found
'This firstly highlights the need for a healthy body weight - by encouraging increased physical activity and balanced diet, particularly among the younger generations.

'The findings also mean that, because the prevalence of smoking in high-income countries is decreasing, we are likely to see a shift in non-communicable disease from smoking-related diseases such as lung cancer to obesity-related diseases such as diabetes.

'This decrease in smoking prevalence and improved quality of health care are now important driving forces behind the greater life expectancy of younger generations, and it's likely that in the near future life expectancy will continue to rise.

'But it's also possible that in the more distant future, as a result of our current trends in obesity, the rate of increase in life expectancy may well slow down, although it's difficult to speculate about that. '

:elvis:

Coyote
04-11-2013, 10:17 AM
Weird, I still feel 25 (going on 17)...

PETE'S BROTHER
04-11-2013, 10:31 AM
i don't feel a day over 42, oh wait

vandeleur
04-11-2013, 10:42 AM
I am 46 and the healthiest I've ever been , I think you find as you get older you getter better at things .
Lying to your self seems to be one of those things :D

jhale667
04-11-2013, 10:47 AM
I am 46 and the healthiest I've ever been , I think you find as you get older you getter better at things .
Lying to your self seems to be one of those things :D

I wouldn't say I'm the healthiest I've ever been, but I'm definitely better off in that department (and in better shape) than I was say, 10 years ago...

You get to a certain point where you either have to start taking better care of yourself or resign yourself to totally falling apart... wasn't down with option 2.

vandeleur
04-11-2013, 11:10 AM
Realistically I am similar .
If you look at the demographic on the board , mainly blokes who have spent a good part of their lives making music ,playing in bands it doesn't lend it's self to a healthy life style .
Now we are a little older and a little wiser , well older certainly .
We can't probably push it like we did , so have to make a few concessions to a least try and be healthy.

ZahZoo
04-11-2013, 11:14 AM
Author Gerben Hulsegge, from the Dutch National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, said the younger generation are '15 years ahead' in terms of 'metabolic' health.

He said: 'The more recently born adult generations are doing far worse than their predecessors.
'For example, the prevalence of obesity in our youngest generation of men and women at the mean age of 40 is similar to that of our oldest generation at the mean age of 55.

'This means that this younger generation is '15 years ahead' of the older generation and will be exposed to their obesity for a longer time.

Start by considering the source as being Dutch... not that the observations are not accurate. But they don't address the obvious basis for the change.

It would appear the study is flawed because it doesn't take into account the general availability of food and also the evolution of food processing and preparation. Crop yields have grown exponentially since this younger generation were born. This same increase was prevalent in the comparison older generation in their middle to later age groups.

I'd say everyone globally started getting fatter and developing more obesity and the associated health impacts at about the same time. When automation, crop yields and food processing technology put more on the table and everyone started eating more over all. So yeah people are exhibiting certain health effects 15 years earlier... and "exposed to obesity" for a longer period of time. Duh... access to food has never been so good for so many in the world... ever.

Zing!
04-11-2013, 11:17 AM
You get to a certain point where you either have to start taking better care of yourself or resign yourself to totally falling apart... wasn't down with option 2.

Agreed. 39 was the year reality whooped me upside the head. It took very little before then to stay in relatively good health. Now I exercise regularly, stay away from processed foods as much as possible, get as much sleep as possible with two kids in the house, and save the beer for the weekend. I've even recently taken up meditation. How's that for some new age hippie shit?

jhale667
04-11-2013, 11:53 AM
Agreed. 39 was the year reality whooped me upside the head. It took very little before then to stay in relatively good health. Now I exercise regularly, stay away from processed foods as much as possible, get as much sleep as possible with two kids in the house, and save the beer for the weekend. I've even recently taken up meditation. How's that for some new age hippie shit?

For me it was suddenly becoming pre-diabetic, developing a thyroid condition, and generally feeling like shit. Had to cut out most sugar, a LOT of carbs and start exercising regularly. SO glad I did it. After a couple of years of that, lost a bunch of weight, thyroid levels are back to normal and usually my blood sugar levels test normally even w/o fasting... diabetes DOES run in my family, but my doc says at the rate I'm going I can at the very least stave it off for another 10-15 years. I'll take that.

ELVIS
04-11-2013, 11:58 AM
Start by considering the source as being Dutch... not that the observations are not accurate. But they don't address the obvious basis for the change.

It would appear the study is flawed because it doesn't take into account the general availability of food and also the evolution of food processing and preparation. Crop yields have grown exponentially since this younger generation were born. This same increase was prevalent in the comparison older generation in their middle to later age groups.

I'd say everyone globally started getting fatter and developing more obesity and the associated health impacts at about the same time. When automation, crop yields and food processing technology put more on the table and everyone started eating more over all. So yeah people are exhibiting certain health effects 15 years earlier... and "exposed to obesity" for a longer period of time. Duh... access to food has never been so good for so many in the world... ever.

It's what's in the food...

High fructose corn syrup - packs on the pounds faster than any other ingredient known to man...

Monosodium Glutamate - causes obesity depression, serious eye problems, fatigue, headaches, etc...

Trans Fats - this kills people, produced by hydrogenation which causes inflammation which is the cause of heart disease and all sorts of other bullshit, not cholestrol as we've been told...

Food Dyes - they cause cancer, period...

Nitrates and Nitrites - HIGHLY carcinogenic...

BHT and BHA - again, cancer...

Growth Hormone - breast cancer, prostate cancer, sterilite, early puberty, obesity...

Antibiotics in meat - creates resistance to other antibiotics in humans and creates bacteria resistant superbugs...

GMO - recent study shows huge tumors on lab rats eating GMO corn...

Aspartame - it's poison and now they want to put in milk with no labeling...

And the list goes on...

And people eat this garbage every day, several times a day...

It's all poison...

it's a wonder anyone makes it to 60 and beyond on today's american garbage...

Japanese people don't eat any of this shit...

Well, I'm sure some do, I've seem the McDonalds signs in Jap script...

But you have to know and avoid this stuff in order to live, people...

ELVIS
04-11-2013, 12:02 PM
For me it was suddenly becoming pre-diabetic, developing a thyroid condition, and generally feeling like shit. Had to cut out most sugar, a LOT of carbs and start exercising regularly. SO glad I did it. After a couple of years of that, lost a bunch of weight, thyroid levels are back to normal and usually my blood sugar levels test normally even w/o fasting... diabetes DOES run in my family, but my doc says at the rate I'm going I can at the very least stave it off for another 10-15 years. I'll take that.

You can stave it off for life with precise, proper nutrition...

jhale667
04-11-2013, 12:07 PM
You can stave it off for life with precise, proper nutrition...

That's the idea...

DLR Bridge
04-11-2013, 12:08 PM
E, aboot a half a year ago, you posted a pretty decent and to the point list of what's good and what to stay away from. Think you can post that again? I meant to print it out. Thanks.

(This oughta be an indication of how thrilled I am with my current eating habits.)

Zing!
04-11-2013, 12:08 PM
After a couple of years of that, lost a bunch of weight, thyroid levels are back to normal and usually my blood sugar levels test normally even w/o fasting...

Whatever lifestyle changes it takes to keep your thyroid working properly, do it. Bad thyroids run in our family, and I've seen too many times what happens when a person has it zapped and then uses medication to take over its functions. I've managed to keep mine working fine by doing what I mentioned above. I'm also kind of fanatic about my blood pressure. My doc is always impressed at how low it is - generally 110/70.

vandeleur
04-11-2013, 12:21 PM
I developed type 2 diabetes just after my 40th. Or more accurately that was when it came to light and it did run in my family.
If am honest my was my total disregard for any thing but doing gigs drinking as much beer as I could for years and years .
It took a while to reign it all in and no longer playing with the band strangely helped. Or not strange at all really .
I used to do a lot of martial arts but stopped when I got more in to music seriously so once I stopped the band/drinking on a professional level . I got back into serious getting fit .
I took up tae kwon do , started running again and gym a couple a times a week . And I still drink , i just trade it off with exercise .
Looking back am about two trousers sizes smaller now and 3 nearly 4 stone lighter .
But people say they can't really tell but I can , they can see ive lost weight but not that much . And i knew i was dodgey health wise and the reason I was feeling so shit wasn't always the hangovers.

jhale667
04-11-2013, 12:26 PM
Whatever lifestyle changes it takes to keep your thyroid working properly, do it. Bad thyroids run in our family, and I've seen too many times what happens when a person has it zapped and then uses medication to take over its functions. I've managed to keep mine working fine by doing what I mentioned above. I'm also kind of fanatic about my blood pressure. My doc is always impressed at how low it is - generally 110/70.

Good for you!:baaa: And trust me - I am. Not messing around with that at all, and also managing to keep it under control... I can tell not only from the bloodwork, but due to the fact that the annoying side-effects have almost completely disappeared.

I developed type 2 diabetes just after my 40th. Or more accurately that was when it came to light and it did run in my family.
If am honest my was my total disregard for any thing but doing gigs drinking as much beer as I could for years and years .
It took a while to reign it all in and no longer playing with the band strangely helped. Or not strange at all really .
I used to do a lot of martial arts but stopped when I got more in to music seriously so once I stopped the band/drinking on a professional level . I got back into serious getting fit .
I took up tae kwon do , started running again and gym a couple a times a week . And I still drink , i just trade it off with exercise .
Looking back am about two trousers sizes smaller now and 3 nearly 4 stone lighter .
But people say they can't really tell but I can , they can see ive lost weight but not that much . And i knew i was dodgey health wise and the reason I was feeling so shit wasn't always the hangovers.

Totally agree. Up until a few years ago I was still either boozing it at gigs or chasing sluts in Hollywood every night... I don't miss showing up at work hung-over... kinda miss the sluts, though... ;)

I'm also fitting in to clothing (my favorite old leather jacket in particular) that hasn't fit since the 90s. Can't have a problem with that...

vandeleur
04-11-2013, 12:33 PM
Man I would booking them sluts down as exercise :biggrin:

jhale667
04-11-2013, 01:00 PM
Man I would booking them sluts down as exercise :biggrin:

I'm still down for the sluts, just not the chasing them about Hollywood until the wee hours of the AM on weeknights so much... mostly because I have to be up 2 hours after the bars close these days...lol

ELVIS
04-11-2013, 01:08 PM
E, aboot a half a year ago, you posted a pretty decent and to the point list of what's good and what to stay away from. Think you can post that again? I meant to print it out. Thanks.

(This oughta be an indication of how thrilled I am with my current eating habits.)

Sure, lemme figure that out again...

DLR Bridge
04-11-2013, 01:23 PM
Sure, lemme figure that out again...

Just thought there might be a chance you'd recall where it was originally posted. Don't put yourself out on my account.

clarathecarrot
04-11-2013, 05:23 PM
50 is the new 75 if you played the game the way I have.

The years don't show untill the curtain comes up then there you are miles past your best days.

But way behind in miles to go.

I worked way to hard for one man due to a physical condition that made me stronger than I should have been.

It is a adreniline issue like a rocket engine burning inside a limited space.

The rocket keeps burning but the vessle is torn apart due to it's unchecked throttle mechanisms.

I will say one thing if you keep moving the body will burn whattever you throw in it.

Food of any kind and non foods also, Nuclear waste roadkill possum asshole, Elvises best concoction of big pharma all day long, it knows no difference MSG HFC that clap trap ain't shit.

It is the sedentary life that it will accumulate on your, nerves, spine, bones, lungs and guts....you can burn all that if you get off your ass .

It doen't matter people, drugs, HFC's (drink CFC's from your cleaning cans) just keep moving.

The body is a miracle.

ELVIS
04-11-2013, 08:27 PM
Just thought there might be a chance you'd recall where it was originally posted. Don't put yourself out on my account.

No, I'll find it...

ELVIS
04-11-2013, 08:36 PM
Top 10 Worst Foods

Wheat
Barley
Rye
Oats, oatmeal - even if it says that it is Gluten Free.
Fried Food
Oils-cooking or salad. Yes, this includes Olive Oil!!!
Well done meat (rare or medium-rare is ok)
Deli Meat, any nitrates added to meat - tell your butcher NO NITRATES
Soda.
Skin of a baked potato (or yam, or sweet potato). If you boil a potato, you can eat the skins.

Best foods for your body to aid in the recovery of your health

Eggs-soft scrambled in butter, soft boiled, poached
Butter
Salt
Dairy
Fish
Chicken
Pork
Lamb
Beef-rare/medium rare
Veggies
Fruit
Mixed, Salted Nuts-no peanuts
Nut Butters-no extra sugar
Rice
Millet
Pure Buckwheat (Isn’t wheat).
Beans
Couscous (made from pearl millet only)
Quinoa
Corn
Any carbohydrate that is “Gluten Free ” is OK
4-8, 8oz glasses of filtered water each day. Avoid soft plastic bottles.
Coffee, Tea, Green tea, Red wineLard!

20,000 ORAC points of antioxidants daily - Do a Google search for “ORAC food values ” and figure out which foods to eat to get to this number.

DLR Bridge
04-11-2013, 08:45 PM
What the heck is red winelard?

jhale667
04-11-2013, 08:54 PM
Hey ELBOW, as a former medical professional and closet-nutritionist perhaps you can answer if this is true or an urban legend: I've heard on several occasions that if you eat say, a double cheeseburger & fries, and wash it down with a milkshake - that if upon giving that person a half hour or whatever to digest, blood is drawn - that a subtle-but-visible oil slick/turbidity-current deal happens with the sample in the vial?

I was told you can basically hold it up as a "THIS is how your arteries get clogged" Exhibit A....sounds crazy but remotely within the realm of possibility...

FORD
04-11-2013, 09:33 PM
Top 10 Worst Foods

Wheat
Barley
Rye
Fried Food
Soda.
Skin of a baked potato (or yam, or sweet potato). If you boil a potato, you can eat the skins.

Butter
Salt
Dairy
Fish
Chicken
Pork
Lamb
Beef-rare/medium rare
Veggies
Fruit
Rice
Millet
Beans
Quinoa
Corn

20,000 ORAC points of antioxidants daily - Do a Google search for “ORAC food values ” and figure out which foods to eat to get to this number.

What's the source of this list?

Some of it seems logical enough, but there some huge exceptions. For example, the idea that corn - even the organic, non MonSatan mutated kind - is healthier than oat bran is just ridiculous.

As anyone who has ever taken a shit (and presumably we all have) can tell you, corn - in its natural state - isn't even digested by the human body. And even in its un-natural state - high fructose corn poison - it passes from the intestines into the bloodstream and deposits in the fat cells.

And obviously, for any meat to be considered healthy, it would have to be raised free of MonSatan corn or other chemical additives as well.

And potato skins?? Healthiest part of the potato..... as long as there's no pesticides on it.

Nickdfresh
04-11-2013, 09:50 PM
Top 10 Worst Foods

Wheat
Barley
Rye
Fried Food
Soda.

Butter
Salt
Dairy
Fish
Chicken
Pork
Lamb
Beef-rare/medium rare
Veggies
Fruit
Rice
Millet
Beans
Quinoa
Corn

http://mauryk2.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/originals_bullshit1_ranndino.jpg

LOL Eggs scrambled in butter are better for you then when cooked in olive oil?

vandeleur
04-11-2013, 09:50 PM
I like these discussions .. Over the last year because of them I started taking cod liver oil again and started taking milk thistle and turmeric .
And am toying with the idea of garlic capsules.

The army it's informative :-)

Nickdfresh
04-11-2013, 09:53 PM
I like these discussions .. Over the last year because of them I started taking cold liver oil again and started taking milk thistle and turmeric .
And am toying with the idea of garlic capsules.

The army it's informative :-)

Are you listening to me? :)

vandeleur
04-11-2013, 09:55 PM
Not now , the vodka bottle distracted me lol

Nickdfresh
04-11-2013, 09:59 PM
There's no real evidence that gluten-free anything is better for you or that gluten is a problem at all for the vast majority of people unless inflicted with an allergy or disease. I think it's better to avoid processed foods as much as one can, but at the end of the day it's about getting fit and burning the calories you take in rather than relying on dodgy "science"...

Seshmeister
04-11-2013, 10:00 PM

The bottle in front of me is like a frontal labotomy...

Zing!
04-11-2013, 10:00 PM
I thought the same thing about corn. Humans weren't designed to digest it. How is it that corn = good but peanuts = bad? Just wondering - actually agree and live by quite a bit off that list already.

jhale667
04-11-2013, 10:06 PM
http://mauryk2.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/originals_bullshit1_ranndino.jpg

:lmao: Oh, that is some funny shit...

LOL Eggs scrambled in butter are better for you then when cooked in olive oil?

Dunno, but sure as shit tastes better IMO at least ...lol

Hey, I just realized for a millisecond there ELBOW and I actually weren't/aren't disagreeing ...THIS DAY IN HISTORY...:biggrin:

I see a lot of good on that list but corn? Tasty in its natural state (especially with a little butter!), but pretty much zero nutritional value...isn't the all-corn diet why there are no Aztecs anymore? :hee:

Seshmeister
04-11-2013, 10:06 PM
Top 10 Worst Foods

Wheat
Barley
Rye
Fried Food
Soda.

Butter
Salt
Dairy
Fish
Chicken
Pork
Lamb
Beef-rare/medium rare
Veggies
Fruit
Rice
Millet
Beans
Quinoa
Corn

Haha I think you have covered most of the food myths there. :)

If you swapped half your 'good' list for the 'bad' it would have been just as valid.

No Nitrates? You better stop breathing then.

Salt is good??????
Oats bad?

All I can say is I hope people don't take your lists too seriously.

FORD
04-11-2013, 10:17 PM

Well, if Nurse Presley says that potatoes are good for you as long as there aren't skins on them, then presumably that would include liquid potatoes too, right? :bottle:

Seshmeister
04-11-2013, 10:18 PM
Ah ok it makes sense now, you got that crazy made up shit from your old friends QUACKS Dr. Glidden and Dr. Wallach

http://www.empowernetwork.com/tarql24/blog/top-10-worst-foods-clinical-nutrition-diet-protocol/

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_NcC9QFxQiDY/TKNpnPQp9NI/AAAAAAAAADA/FvLHIUPceFk/s1600/elvis+sheep2.jpg

You keep putting this up and I'll keep posting that annoying science stuff that shows your vet guru is a quack.

Dr. Wallach makes his claims about minerals despite the fact that in 1993 a research team from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta, Georgia, reported the results of a 13-year study on 10,758 Americans which failed to find any mortality benefits from vitamin and mineral supplements. The study found that even though supplement users smoke and drink less than non-users, eat more fruits and vegetables than non-users, and are more affluent than non-users, they didn't live any longer than non-users. The study also found no benefit from taking vitamin and mineral supplements for smokers, heavy drinkers, or those which chronic diseases. In May 2006, a committee of physicians impaneled by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) announced that little information exists as to whether people should take supplements. The previous March the NIH noted that research suggests that vitamins and other supplements may do more harm than good, and that antioxidants are of little use.* Further research has found that vitamin supplements can even be deadly.* The simple fact is that there is no compelling scientific evidence that vitamin or mineral supplements effect the health or longevity of most people. Of course, those suffering from a vitamin or mineral deficiency should take supplements, but there is no merit to Wallach's claim that most or all diseases are due to mineral deficiencies.

The basic appeal of Dr. Wallach is the hope he gives to people who fear or are mistrustful of medical doctors and scientific knowledge. He gives hope to those who want to live for a really long time. He gives hope to those who are diagnosed with diseases for which current medical knowledge has no cure. He gives hope to those who want to avoid getting a terminal disease. And he gives hope to those who want to be healthy but who do not want to diet or exercise. All we have to do is drink a magic elixir of colloidal minerals and we'll be healthy. You can't just take your minerals in pill form, he warns us. You must take the colloidal variety in liquid form. Until he had a falling out with T.J. Clark & Co., this elixir had to come from special pits in Utah. After John H. Renner, M.D., President of the National Council Against Health Fraud, exposed the "distortions, bogus science, and outright lies" in Wallach's tape, T.J. Clark & Co. "severed its business relationship with him."* Wallach then "revised his 'scientific' opinion and quickly moved on to find new partners."*

the audiotape

Dr. Wallach seems to be most famous for a widely circulated audiotape he calls "Dead Doctors Don't Lie." [It is also available in video tape and book form.] The label of the tape notes that Dr. Wallach was a Nobel Prize nominee. This is true. He was nominated for a Nobel Prize in medicine by the Association of Eclectic Physicians "for his notable and untiring work with deficiencies of the trace mineral selenium and its relationship to the congenital genesis of Cystic Fibrosis." The Association of Eclectic Physicians is a group of naturopaths founded in 1982 by two naturopathic physicians, Dr. Edward Alstat and Dr. Michael Ancharski. In his book Let's Play Doctor (co-authored with Ma Lan, M.D., M.S.) he states that cystic fibrosis is preventable, is 100% curable in the early stages, can be managed very well in chronic cases, leading to a normal life expectancy (75 years). If these claims were true, he might have won the Prize. He didn't win, but he gave a lot of false hope to parents of children with cystic fibrosis.

The basic danger of Dr. Wallach's theories is not that taking colloidal minerals will harm people, or even that many people will be wasting their money on a product they do not need. Many of his claims are not backed up with scientific control studies, but are anecdotal or fictional. The basic danger is that because he and other naturopaths exaggerate the role of minerals in good health, they may be totally ignored by the scientific community even if they happen to hit on some real connections between minerals and disease. Furthermore, there is the chance that legitimate scientific researchers may avoid this field for fear of being labeled a kook.

Dr. Wallach falsely claims that there are five cultures in the world that have average lifespans of between 120 and 140 years: the Tibetans in Western China; the Hunzas in Eastern Pakistan; the Russian Georgians and the Armenians, the Abkhasians, and the Azerbaijanis. He also mentions the people of the Vilcabamba in Ecuador, and those who live around Lake Titicaca in Peru and Bolivia. The secret of their longevity is "glacier milk," or water full of colloidal minerals. It is probably news to these people that they live so long. Dr. Wallach does not mention on what scientific data he bases his claims, but I am sure there are many anthropologists and tour book authors who would like to know about these Shangri-La havens.

The label on the "Dead Doctors Don't Lie" tape says "Learn why the average life span of an MD is only 58 years." On his tape, Dr. Wallach claims that "the average life span of an American is 75 years, but the average lifespan of an American doctor is only 58 years!" Maybe dead doctors don't lie, but this living one certainly stretches the truth. If he is telling the truth, it is not the whole truth and nothing but the truth. According to Kevin Kenward of the American Medical Association: "Based on over 210,000 records of deceased physicians, our data indicate the average life-span of a physician is 70.8 years." One wonders where Dr. Wallach got his data. The only mention in his tape of data on physician deaths is in his description of a rather gruesome hobby of his: he collects obituaries of local physicians as he takes his mineral show from town to town . He may be somewhat selective as a collector, however.

On his tape, Dr. Wallach says

...what I did was go back to school and become a physician. I finally got a license to kill (laughter), and they allowed me to use everything I had learned in veterinary school about nutrition on my human patients. And to no surprise to me, it worked. I spent 12 years up in Portland, Oregon, in general practice, and it was very fascinating.

Dr. Wallach is an N.D., a doctor of naturopathy, not an M.D. as his tape suggests. It is unlikely that most of the people in his audience know that naturopaths call themselves physicians and that there is a very big difference between an M.D. and an N.D. He also claims he did hundreds of autopsies on humans while working as a veterinarian in St. Louis. How does a veterinarian get to do human autopsies?

Well, again, to make a long story short, over a period of some twelve years I did 17,500 autopsies on over 454 species of animals and 3,000 human beings who lived in close proximity to the zoos, and the thing I found out was this: every animal and every human being who dies of natural causes dies of a nutritional deficiency.

To accomplish this feat, he would have to do six autopsies a day, working 5 days a week for the 12 years and taking only a 2-week vacation each year. He was allegedly performing all these autopsies in addition to his other duties, and presumably while he was writing essays and books as well. Maybe all those minerals gave him superhuman powers.

an attack and a panegyric

Dr. Wallach's "Dead Doctors Don't Lie" tape is both an attack on the medical profession and a panegyric for minerals. The attack is vicious and mostly unwarranted, which weakens his credibility about the wonders of minerals. He does not come across as an objective, impersonal scientist. He delights in ridiculing "Haavaad" University and cardiologists who die young from heart attacks, many of whom went into the field because of congenital heart defects. He reverts to name calling on several occasions, as well. Doctors, he says, routinely commit many practices that would be considered illegal in other fields. At one point he claims that the average M.D. makes over $200,000 a year in kickbacks. This ludicrous claim didn't even get a peep of skeptical bewilderment from his audience. [The tape is of a live recording of one of his shows.] He sounds like a bitter, rejected oddball who is getting even with the medical profession for ignoring him and his "research."

In addition to citing his many scientific studies and years of research as proof that we need mineral supplements for good health, Dr. Wallach presents U.S. Senate document #264. This paper claims that U.S. soils are 85% depleted of essential minerals. According to Dr. Wallach, that is why we can't get enough minerals from our foods. He has further evidence, too:

...to live to be 100+ we need to consume 90 nutrients per day...60 minerals, 16 vitamins, 12 amino acids and 3 fatty acids...there are some 10 diseases associated with the lack of each of these 90 nutrients or potentially 900 diseases...the American Medical Association did a study in 1939 and came to the conclusion that it is no longer feasible to get all the vitamins we need from foods.

I wonder if the AMA has done any studies on this issue since 1939? If so, why aren't they mentioned? And why, even if mineral supplements are needed can't we buy them off the shelf of our local supermarket? Because they aren't "colloidal." He suggests at one point in his tape that minerals in pill form aren't absorbed at all; they just pass right through the body and out into the sewer lines. But why do our colloidal minerals have to come from a pit in Utah? Here is his explanation:

the only place you can get these in the United States is from a prehistoric Valley in southern Utah that, according to geologists, seventy-five million years ago had sixty to seventy-two minerals in the walls and the floor of that valley, and those trees and the grasses in that valley and that forest took up all the metallic minerals and made colloidal minerals in their tissues. About that time there was a volcanic eruption which entombed that valley with a thin layer of mud and ash, not thick enough or heavy enough to crush or pressurize this into oil or coal. It was very dry in here, so it never became fossilized or petrified. Okay. Never became rock.

Today, if you put a shaft into this valley, it's still just dried hay. It's seventy-five million year old hay, according to geologists. You can still see the grass and the leaves and the twigs and the pine cones and the bark and so forth. And we grind this plant material up into a flour, very small, particle sized flour, just like a good wheat flour and for three to four weeks we soak it in filtered spring water and when it reaches a specific gravity of 3.0, it's very heavy, it has thirty-eight grams of this colloidal mineral in it per quart or liter and by actual analysis it has sixty colloidal minerals in it. This particular product has been on the market since 1926. It's the only nutritional product on the market that has a legal consent decree from a federal court and an approval from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to be harvested and sold as a nutritional supplement. Everybody else who has a vitamin, or mineral, or what not, just follows the labeling requirements of the FDA. This is the only one that, in fact, has a federal consent decree to do it, because it passed all their tests. It's the only one that has been put to this level of test because it works.

How do we know it works? Dr. Wallach guarantees it. Or your money back! Should you trust him? Why wouldn't you trust someone who tells stories about people in China who lived to be over 250 years old or about a 137 year-old cigar-smoking woman! Of course, it is up to you to infer that they lived so long because they took colloidal minerals, though the good Dr. has enough sense not to make such a claim. In case you are still not convinced of this man's trustworthiness, let me inform you that, according to Dr. Wallach, for the past twenty years there have been cures for arthritis, diabetes and ulcers. These cures were discovered by veterinarians, who also discovered the cause of Alzheimer's disease years ago. Tell that to the millions of people suffering from these diseases.

Ellen Coleman, a registered dietician and nutrition columnist, has another view of Wallach's products: “Colloidal mineral products have not been proven safe or effective. They are not better absorbed than regular mineral supplements.” James Pontolillo, a research scientist, is concerned that colloidal mineral products may contain toxic organic compounds.* The National Nutritional Food Association says that some colloidal mineral products “contain aluminum or toxic minerals; others are high in sodium. Some do not contain detectable amounts of minerals listed on their labels. Finally, there is no evidence that colloidal minerals are more bioavailable than those found in other forms.”*

Nevertheless, Dr.Wallach has spawned a small industry of mineral sellers, including some multi-level marketing projects on the Internet.

See also alternative health practice, DHEA, and naturopathy.

reader comments

further reading

book

Barrett Stephen and Victor Herbert, The Vitamin Pushers : How the 'Health Food' Industry Is Selling America a Bill of Goods (Prometheus, 1994).

websites

Dr. Wallach exposed a site dedicated to exposing the lies behind Dr. Joel Wallach and his "Dead Doctor's Don't Lie" propaganda

The Millenium Project - "Joel Wallach is a veterinarian best known for selling a tape called "Dead Doctors Don't Lie!". The lies on this tape are used to promote Wallach's pyramid scheme to sell snake oil which cures everything from Alzheimer's Disease to Zambucca Overdose, or so it seems. Vet Wallach likes to refer to himself as a "physician", apparently on the basis that he has bought a degree in naturopathy from somewhere. Wallach does not like criticism, probably because he knows that his nonsense cannot stand up to any scrutiny."

Colloidal Mineral Supplements: Unnecessary and Potentially Hazardous by James Pontolillo

Quackwatch on "Dietary Supplements," Herbs, and Hormones

Colloidal Minerals

Skeptic's Dictionary on vitamins and supplements

Australian Longevity

Seshmeister
04-11-2013, 10:19 PM
I hope you are at least getting paid to post his bullshit every week...

FORD
04-11-2013, 10:24 PM
Sesh, you got a different link for those quacks?

I'm not clicking on anything from "empowernetwork.com" and I wouldn't advise anybody else do so either, or you will be subjected to a never ending SPAM nightmare.

And I don't mean the mixture of nitrates and pork by-products in the little tin cans.

Seshmeister
04-11-2013, 10:29 PM
I just googled Elvis list because it rang alarm bells. Whoever heard that salt is good for you? Porridge bad?

If you google the whole list it comes from that quack website, word for word.

It's just weird to me that we can show the vet guy is obviously incredibly dodgy repeatedly and now ELVIS is just not mentioning where he is getting the stuff from instead of maybe thinking or reading.

At this point he's either being really fucking dumb or he's on commission to post this shit.

Seshmeister
04-11-2013, 10:37 PM
At this point he's either being really fucking dumb or he's on commission to post this shit.

Maybe I'm being harsh

"The basic appeal of Dr. Wallach is the hope he gives to people who fear or are mistrustful of medical doctors and scientific knowledge. He gives hope to those who want to live for a really long time. He gives hope to those who are diagnosed with diseases for which current medical knowledge has no cure. He gives hope to those who want to avoid getting a terminal disease. And he gives hope to those who want to be healthy but who do not want to diet or exercise. "

I can see ELVIS falling into a few of those categories.

It's like the guy in the 'Life of Brian' who says

"He is the messiah i should know I've followed a few" :)

clarathecarrot
04-11-2013, 10:43 PM
I wouldn't eat SPAM for all the money in the world.

So I am going to eat theis stuff called TREAT..it comes in the same size can and after they make SPAM they sweep the floor and make this stuff.

I am going to cut two, 1/2 inch slices burn them black in a dupont chemically treated tephlon skillet in real butter then melt a 1/4 inch piece of cheap block cheese ontop of each of the 2 slices.

Place that on the two 3/8ths thick pieces of cheap supermarket white bread I buy with the swirls from air and water they inject into it , visual on the bread surface (to lessen the material costs) then lightly ever so delicately spread some catalina always save dressing on the bread.

Gonna eat it.

I will report back in the morning on how wonderfull it all is..............................maybe.

FORD
04-11-2013, 10:50 PM
Maybe the best nutritional advice I could ever give came from my grandfather.

He didn't even mention it as advice, but just did it.

Ate eggs for breakfast just about every other day. The days in between, he had oatmeal. So one apparently balanced out the other. Raise the cholesterol one day, and lower it the next.

He also made his own wine, which we now also know is good for the health in moderation.

He lived to be 91, so I'm guessing he must have got it right.... even though he didn't obsess about it.

Seshmeister
04-11-2013, 11:06 PM
Diet is obviously very important to your health but if you read something that sounds too good to be true it will be.

There aren't foods that cure you of cancer and you can't eat a berry which makes you thin.

Anecdotal evidence doesn't mean anything much since there are so many variables.

My only advice is check the fat and calories on stuff and avoid the unexpectedly bad shit. There is some stuff out there that is really bad that you might not realize without reading the label. I didn't know how insanely bad mayonnaise was until a few years ago, or that sour creme is just as bad as normal cream or that bagels are a bit worse than bread rolls and so on.

ELVIS
04-11-2013, 11:53 PM
Maybe I'm being harsh

"The basic appeal of Dr. Wallach is the hope he gives to people who fear or are mistrustful of medical doctors and scientific knowledge. He gives hope to those who want to live for a really long time. He gives hope to those who are diagnosed with diseases for which current medical knowledge has no cure. He gives hope to those who want to avoid getting a terminal disease. And he gives hope to those who want to be healthy but who do not want to diet or exercise. "

I can see ELVIS falling into a few of those categories.

It's like the guy in the 'Life of Brian' who says

"He is the messiah i should know I've followed a few" :)

You're ignorant as fuck...

Coyote
04-12-2013, 02:07 AM
I follow this the best I can...

http://www.complete-strength-training.com/bruce-lee-diet.html

Angel
04-12-2013, 02:55 AM
Diet is obviously very important to your health but if you read something that sounds too good to be true it will be.

There aren't foods that cure you of cancer and you can't eat a berry which makes you thin.

Anecdotal evidence doesn't mean anything much since there are so many variables.

My only advice is check the fat and calories on stuff and avoid the unexpectedly bad shit. There is some stuff out there that is really bad that you might not realize without reading the label. I didn't know how insanely bad mayonnaise was until a few years ago, or that sour creme is just as bad as normal cream or that bagels are a bit worse than bread rolls and so on.

Got a tip from a cooking show the other day. Replace mayo with avacado...

envy_me
04-12-2013, 03:07 AM
I think me and Elvis were trying to help Philoser in some thread where he complained about his hemorrhoids. Elvis wrote a lots of tips there, maybe that was the thread you are thinking off? We were both giving him advice, but totally different ones.

I don't agree with Elvis tips. I strongly believe in olives and olive oil and milk is for new borns.
The diet that made me feel the best, but is unfortunatelly very hard to keep up, is raw vegan diet.
My diet is mediterranean diet. Not concsiously chosen, but thats how we eat. Lots of vegetables, nuts and olive oil.

envy_me
04-12-2013, 03:12 AM
Maybe the best nutritional advice I could ever give came from my grandfather.

He didn't even mention it as advice, but just did it.

Ate eggs for breakfast just about every other day. The days in between, he had oatmeal. So one apparently balanced out the other. Raise the cholesterol one day, and lower it the next.

He also made his own wine, which we now also know is good for the health in moderation.

He lived to be 91, so I'm guessing he must have got it right.... even though he didn't obsess about it.

My grandfather was also very old when he died. And worked heavy physical labour almost up until he died.

He had this saying about food that he always repeated.
"Eat your breakfast alone, share the lunch with a friend and give the dinner to your enemy". :)

ashstralia
04-12-2013, 03:55 AM
Got a tip from a cooking show the other day. Replace mayo with avacado...

yeah! i'd much rather a smear of good homemade guac anyday...

garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper, avo, mash to a paste. yummmm.....

DLR Bridge
04-12-2013, 05:34 AM
I think me and Elvis were trying to help Philoser in some thread where he complained about his hemorrhoids. Elvis wrote a lots of tips there, maybe that was the thread you are thinking off? We were both giving him advice, but totally different ones.

You may be right. Not positive this latest list is the same thing I was thinking of, but there was definitely a post with a succinct list.

Seshmeister
04-12-2013, 05:57 AM
The problem with the ELVIS lists are that half of them are completely true accepted and evidence based as being harmful and then you get a bunch of made up stuff, concerns that have been disproved or partial truths.

It's all about the sources, if your initial standpoint is that modern science and medicine in general is a massive conspiracy so instead pick an unqualified 'guru' off the internet to believe in then you end up with salt is good, olive oil bad all food dyes kill you kind of stuff.

Nickdfresh
04-12-2013, 07:00 AM
Ah ok it makes sense now, you got that crazy made up shit from your old friends QUACKS Dr. Glidden and Dr. Wallach

http://www.empowernetwork.com/tarql24/blog/top-10-worst-foods-clinical-nutrition-diet-protocol/

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_NcC9QFxQiDY/TKNpnPQp9NI/AAAAAAAAADA/FvLHIUPceFk/s1600/elvis+sheep2.jpg

You keep putting this up and I'll keep posting that annoying science stuff that shows your vet guru is a quack.

C'mon Sesh! This guy performed 60 autopsies a day! He really knows what kills people.... ;)

Seshmeister
04-12-2013, 07:33 AM
Are we sure they were dead when he started? ;)

Seshmeister
04-12-2013, 07:36 AM
I think me and Elvis were trying to help Philoser in some thread where he complained about his hemorrhoids.

That poor bastard, and people say Guatanamo was inhumane... :biggrin;

ashstralia
04-12-2013, 07:47 AM
Are we sure they were dead when he started? ;)

i was wondering when someone would say that..:)

ELVIS
04-12-2013, 07:50 AM
The problem with the ELVIS lists are that half of them are completely true accepted and evidence based as being harmful and then you get a bunch of made up stuff, concerns that have been disproved or partial truths.

It's all about the sources, if your initial standpoint is that modern science and medicine in general is a massive conspiracy so instead pick an unqualified 'guru' off the internet to believe in then you end up with salt is good, olive oil bad all food dyes kill you kind of stuff.

Shut the fuck up you drunken Scot...

Now that I got your attention, remain quiet, you drunken Scot...

Now, let's get this straight, you consume lots of alcohol, you're judgement is not clear...

Keep that in mind, if you can...

Now, why is it Sesh (Sesh means drunken Scot in the book of ELVIS) that you are 100% against spiritual and physical health ??

My guess is that you lobby for Big Pharma, or you profit in some way from medicine or medical technology because that bug up your ass is a big one...

Now, get this straight, I don't fall into any category. I've been supplementing my diet with vitamins, minerals and herbs since I've been about 23 years old...

To make a long story short, after years of trying different supplements I found Dr. Wallach about three years ago and have been taking the 90 minerals, Omega 3,6,9 and calcium supplements WITHOUT FAIL and eating as closely to the above recommendations as possible...

It fucking works, Sesh...

It's not hocus pocus, and I don't (as you like to do) just read something on the internet and take it at face value...

I put my money where my mouth is and try it for my fucking self, as you should do as well...

Look, we're at the age where we start dropping like flies and I'm not gonna let that happen to me...

Here's a challenge, post your vital signs...

Here's mine as of 6:43am...

45 years old, 5'10, 162 lbs

BP - 118/64

Pulse - 56

Resp - 14

Now, post your fucking vital statistics and we will go from there, otherwise shaddup...

And stop with the snake oil BULLSHIT and challenge something specific, if you possibly can...

Have a nice day...

:)

ashstralia
04-12-2013, 08:02 AM
haha!!!!

nerve=bullseye!

:biggrin:

vandeleur
04-12-2013, 08:09 AM
Is this the army Match up thread ?

Am 5'6 blonde hair . Would like to meet . GSOH :biggrin:

ELVIS
04-12-2013, 08:15 AM
Yes, but Sesh can't make your date, he's had a coronary...

vandeleur
04-12-2013, 08:16 AM
Chill , your blood pressure will go up ;-)

ELVIS
04-12-2013, 08:18 AM
I'm good...;)

ELVIS
04-12-2013, 08:21 AM
BTW, for those of you interested in taking care of yourselves, check this (http://www.thewallachfiles.com/about.php) page out before you let Sesh write off Dr. Wallach as another Snake Oil salesman...

DLR Bridge
04-12-2013, 08:32 AM

I'm an inch taller, about a year younger and a buck 85. I think I was 162 last when Fair Warning came out.

ELVIS
04-12-2013, 08:44 AM
I meant 164...

I'm usually about 168, but I've been working non-stop lately and I've lost weight, not really on purpose...

envy_me
04-12-2013, 08:58 AM
Shut the fuck up you drunken Scot...

Now that I got your attention, remain quiet, you drunken Scot...

Now, let's get this straight, you consume lots of alcohol, you're judgement is not clear...

Keep that in mind, if you can...

Now, why is it Sesh (Sesh means drunken Scot in the book of ELVIS) that you are 100% against spiritual and physical health ??

My guess is that you lobby for Big Pharma, or you profit in some way from medicine or medical technology because that bug up your ass is a big one...

Now, get this straight, I don't fall into any category. I've been supplementing my diet with vitamins, minerals and herbs since I've been about 23 years old...

To make a long story short, after years of trying different supplements I found Dr. Wallach about three years ago and have been taking the 90 minerals, Omega 3,6,9 and calcium supplements WITHOUT FAIL and eating as closely to the above recommendations as possible...

It fucking works, Sesh...

It's not hocus pocus, and I don't (as you like to do) just read something on the internet and take it at face value...

I put my money where my mouth is and try it for my fucking self, as you should do as well...

Look, we're at the age where we start dropping like flies and I'm not gonna let that happen to me...

Here's a challenge, post your vital signs...

Here's mine as of 6:43am...

BP - 118/64

Pulse - 56

Resp - 14

Now, post your fucking vital statistics and we will go from there, otherwise shaddup...

And stop with the snake oil BULLSHIT and challenge something specific, if you possibly can...

Have a nice day...

:)

I think that different things work for different people.
I work with a girl right now that drinks 1,5 liters of milk per day and that works great for her. I, who am asmathic, shouldn't drink milk at all cause it makes my asthma worse.
The same co-worker loves cream and meat. Doesn't work for me. Raw vegan is best for my body.

It's individual. If you've found a method that works for you, then great!!!

Seshmeister
04-12-2013, 09:11 AM

Oh calm down shorty... :biggrin:

ELVIS
04-12-2013, 09:20 AM
I don't know how you can get the protein you need on strictly raw vegan...

Angel
04-12-2013, 09:27 AM

A lot of veggies and fruit have protein. As for your vitals. That's resting rates....what are they at after 40 minutes of cardio?

My resting rates are excellent....different story after cardio because I'm in terrible shape.

Seshmeister
04-12-2013, 09:30 AM

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/p480x480/540679_516247578416911_406651774_n.jpg

ELVIS
04-12-2013, 09:58 AM
A lot of veggies and fruit have protein. As for your vitals. That's resting rates....what are they at after 40 minutes of cardio?

My resting rates are excellent....different story after cardio because I'm in terrible shape.

My cardio is rate is around 100. I can get it higher, but I don't think people should push themselves...

I do mountain bikes, lots of walking, small amount of weights and cardio and I do it easily, pushing myself short bursts at times...

clarathecarrot
04-12-2013, 09:58 AM
My grandfather was also very old when he died. And worked heavy physical labour almost up until he died.

He had this saying about food that he always repeated.
"Eat your breakfast alone, share the lunch with a friend and give the dinner to your enemy". :)

REALLY ....?

I believe because I am so fucking, intelligent( did i splel that right).

That 90% of the wolrd in a complete historical account of, Dead People vs. Alive People, that per the time period of the existence within any time period comparrisons all the people EVERYWHERE, who were not dead already, died at a very old age.

90% old dead people to the 10% of people who didn't make it.

We should find out what all the dead people have been eating thru history and -NOT- eat that.

Some of the info in this thread and some of the dis-information, IS INCREDIBLE!!!!!

no harsh sweede just say'n/

ELVIS
04-12-2013, 09:59 AM
And no Sesh, a dick is not a carb...

Now run along, the adults are talking...

ELVIS
04-12-2013, 10:02 AM
We should find out what all the dead people have been eating thru history and -NOT- eat that.

Dr. Wallach and his Wife have done that already and published it in several books...

One is called Hell's Kitchen...

ELVIS
04-12-2013, 10:08 AM
read some of the reviews (http://www.amazon.com/Hells-Kitchen-Prevention-Diabetes-Metabolic/dp/0974858110) of the book Hell's Kitchen on Amazon...

clarathecarrot
04-12-2013, 10:29 AM
Dr. Wallach and his Wife have done that already and published it in several books...

One is called Hell's Kitchen...

The slaves and regular workers who built the Pyramids of Egypt lived on nothing but Scallion or Onion or Leeks and whole Wheat bread.

Leavened of Unleavened we have both kinds as evidence fro tombs.

Doc may be trying to pay for a new pool filter because his kids are money grubbing assholes and his 2nd wife wants a new diamond bracelet.

Ask him if he gives all of his info and his books away for free..no-one should do anything for free but if it isn't it samaks of the reality of pandering to peoples fears.

no harsh just say'n

clarathecarrot
04-12-2013, 10:41 AM
If you would like the simplest plan to follow you should research what The Bible, sais about food.

It is just some deffinates to base all consumptions by.

I am not going to look it up for you and should use the real book though it may be on the net transcribed by some fool perhaps.

It says lots of thee's and thou's and wierd sayings,.. like thou shalt not consume the beast of the road after 3 days dead..but god sais it is ok to eat of the beast if found 2 days before the 3 days .
It describes everything and how to kill it and bleed the beast and breads and fruits and such most of it is what the jaggaoffs brilliant minds of today call "LOCOVORE" wich in The Bible is seasonal for your times and what is found in your area of operation etc...Todays modern cunts will tell you the same thing with a new buzzword. Like they invented the shit.

It is simple rules for survival like most of The Bible.

It is in, The Old Testament,... probably, one of the first 4 books I have frogotten but it is many pages.. and it is for idiots to not become riddled with worms and such.

It is all you or anyone needs.

The Bible, is the real good news.

ELVIS
04-12-2013, 10:51 AM
The Bible, is the real good news.

If you're talking to me, no shit Sherlock...

ELVIS
04-12-2013, 10:53 AM
Ask him if he gives all of his info and his books away for free..no-one should do anything for free but if it isn't it samaks of the reality of pandering to peoples fears.

maybe you should ask him...

Angel
04-12-2013, 11:13 AM
My cardio is rate is around 100. I can get it higher, but I don't think people should push themselves...

I do mountain bikes, lots of walking, small amount of weights and cardio and I do it easily, pushing myself short bursts at times...

I get mine up to 120 and then keep it there (or higher) for 20 minutes. My pacemaker is set at a maximum of 120 so if it goes over I know that it's my heart doing the work, not the pacer. I have to do that in order to avoid muscle waste.

Seshmeister
04-12-2013, 11:37 AM

And don't forget the glossy coat you have now from Dr Wally's Pedigree Chump... :D

ZahZoo
04-12-2013, 12:54 PM
What the heck is red winelard?

It's a by-product of drinking too much red wine and taking things here too seriously. Builds up on the surface of your brain and interferes with healthy brain fart production...

ashstralia
04-12-2013, 05:32 PM
"I've been working non-stop lately"

:lmao: on 20 hours per day of sanctimonious self righteous bullshit???

thanks for starting my day with a huge laugh...:biggrin:

envy_me
04-12-2013, 05:56 PM
You may be right. Not positive this latest list is the same thing I was thinking of, but there was definitely a post with a succinct list.

Here, I found that thread. I don't know if that's the one you meant.

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?66704-Hello-I-never-left

ashstralia
04-12-2013, 06:06 PM
i made this chicken curry last night which was sublime. just chicken, spring onion, red onion, garlic, my special curry paste, and a bit of cream. yuuuuummmmm

Nickdfresh
04-12-2013, 07:51 PM
BTW, for those of you interested in taking care of yourselves, check this (http://www.thewallachfiles.com/about.php) page out before you let Sesh write off Dr. Wallach as another Snake Oil salesman...

He's already been written off as another snake oil salesmen, and his stuff is pretty much all bullshit. The fact is that most studies show that the crap he peddles is possibly contaminated. The "science" behind is marketing bullshit is complete absurd. And You're an ex-druggie and alchy, and you're calling out people for drinking? ;)

Nickdfresh
04-12-2013, 07:53 PM
I meant 164...

I'm usually about 168, but I've been working non-stop lately and I've lost weight, not really on purpose...

I guess posting erroneous shit on the internet really takes the piss out of ya, eh Elvirus?

Nickdfresh
04-12-2013, 07:54 PM

Pussy! :)

envy_me
04-13-2013, 05:31 AM

Here is another thread with a lot of that. No lists though (I think).

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?67108-Every-human-emotion-now-classified-as-a-mental-disorder-in-new-DSM-5

ELVIS
04-13-2013, 09:29 AM
Pussy! :)

How am I pussy for being sensible ??

I'm in about as good condition as one can be at 45, especially considering what I've put myself through...

But I was still diet conscious and took vitamins and liver supplements throughout most of my drug and alcohol career...

Nickdfresh
04-13-2013, 11:30 AM
How am I pussy for being sensible ??

I'm in about as good condition as one can be at 45, especially considering what I've put myself through...

But I was still diet conscious and took vitamins and liver supplements throughout most of my drug and alcohol career...

I was kidding, but you are not sensible... ;)

I take probably more supplements than you do. But I don't believe silly fucking claims by charlatan assholes blatantly lying, citing facts easily disproven. Supplements may help a bit, but probably not all that much...

ELVIS
04-13-2013, 11:37 AM
Sure they do...

It works the same with all living organisms...

Feed it the right nutrients and it will heal itself...

Zing!
04-13-2013, 11:52 AM
I don't believe silly fucking claims by charlatan assholes blatantly lying, citing facts easily disproven...

For some reason this quote made me randomly think of "Red: My Uncensored Life In Rock," which is Sam Haggar's book. Not sure why.

ELVIS
04-13-2013, 11:57 AM
Because deep inside your inner being, there lying dormant is your "Alter Hago"...

envy_me
04-13-2013, 12:00 PM

I take probably more supplements than you do. But I don't believe silly fucking claims by charlatan assholes blatantly lying, citing facts easily disproven. Supplements may help a bit, but probably not all that much...

The ones that you recommended to me were great.

Zing!
04-13-2013, 12:01 PM
I'm sure Haggar thinks the notion that "there's a little Van Halen in everyone," actually includes his incarnation of the band, too.

What a clod.

Anyway, back on topic.

Igosplut
04-13-2013, 08:47 PM

Eat right and exercise and you'll be good (as long as your genetics Don't suck).

Works for me.....

Nitro Express
04-13-2013, 09:22 PM
Eat right and exercise and you'll be good (as long as your genetics Don't suck).

Works for me.....

Or can afford to have your blood replaced. Keef is still alive. Says a lot for cigarettes and bangers and mash.

Nitro Express
04-13-2013, 09:24 PM
It's not how long you live it's how you live. Some people live several lifetimes before they overdose at a young age. Think about it. Is life all that great? Look at the world. I say light that fucking candle at both ends and take a blow torch to it. You will just outlive your money anyways.

EAT DRINK AND BE MERRY UNTIL YOU KILL YOURSELF!

ELVIS
04-13-2013, 09:34 PM
Well, I've lived several and there's quite a few more where that came from...

And yeah, life is all that great...

Igosplut
04-13-2013, 09:42 PM
Or can afford to have your blood replaced. Keef is still alive. Says a lot for cigarettes and bangers and mash.

Keith comes from good stock. That's the point

Igosplut
04-13-2013, 09:43 PM
And FYI I've done enough to die at a young age. It hasn't happened yet.

Seshmeister
04-14-2013, 06:08 AM
http://www.2tonepromotions.co.uk/ekmps/shops/2tone/images/biker-too-old-to-die-young-embroidered-sew-on-patch-75-p.jpg

ashstralia
04-14-2013, 06:16 AM
let's just be happy to wake up tomorrow ay?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNdagpIgItw

ZahZoo
04-14-2013, 09:38 AM
And FYI I've done enough to die at a young age. It hasn't happened yet.

I resemble that remark... Fortunately I'm too old to die young and too healthy to die before I get damn old...