PDA

View Full Version : Kid Rock: "I'm Embarassed to be a Republican"

FORD
04-11-2013, 08:53 PM
Kid Rock: I’m “embarrassed to be a Republican”

GOP laws are interfering with the conservative musician's concerts
By Prachi Gupta

Musician Kid Rock may have rallied support for Mitt Romney in the 2012 campaign run, but lately he is at odds with Republicans. He recently told Rolling Stone that “Athletes and musicians make astronomical amounts of money.”

“People get paid $100 million to throw a baseball! Shouldn’t we all take less and pass some of that money onto others? Think about firefighters, teachers and policemen. We should celebrate people that are intellectually smart and trying to make this world a better place.”

The rock star is trying to cap ticket prices to his shows at $20, “share beer, parking, hot dogs,” reserve rows for friends and designate the next 16 rows for paperless ticketing. The latter, though, is where he’s running into trouble with his party.

From Rolling Stone:

“That’s one of the times I’m fucking embarrassed to be a Republican,” he seethes. “It’s fucking Republican lawmakers passing those laws, you dumbasses. They already did it in New York and they’re trying to do it in Michigan. I’ve even called some of those guys to try and stop it.”

jhale667
04-11-2013, 09:00 PM
Hindsight is 20/20, eh Kid....? :doh:

Zing!
04-11-2013, 09:11 PM
Then why continue to call yourself a Republican? What a clod.

sadaist
04-12-2013, 12:37 AM
Then why continue to call yourself a Republican? What a clod.

Because he...and many of us still are Republican. It isn't us or our ideology that changed. It's the fucked up crooked politicians that call themselves Republican that need to change. Not us. We just need to find better people to elect.

BITEYOASS
04-12-2013, 12:43 AM
Once Kid Rock starts rapping again about subjects that I find important (i.e. fucking a lot of different bitches from a bunch of different cities). Then maybe....maybe I'll start buying his albums again. In the meantime, lay of the southern rock. Cuz you from Michigan muthafucka!

envy_me
04-12-2013, 03:22 AM
Once Kid Rock starts rapping again about subjects that I find important (i.e. fucking a lot of different bitches from a bunch of different cities). Then maybe....maybe I'll start buying his albums again. In the meantime, lay of the southern rock. Cuz you from Michigan muthafucka!

:lmao:

DLR Bridge
04-12-2013, 06:16 AM
“People get paid $100 million to throw a baseball! Shouldn’t we all take less and pass some of that money onto others? Think about firefighters, teachers and policemen. We should celebrate people that are intellectually smart and trying to make this world a better place.” - Kid Rock

That's a very democratic thing to say. Republicans of noteriety (political or celebrity) rarely, if ever make 'we're all in this together' type remarks. Only time I've heard any such remarks of the like were from Romney during the RNC speech, but those sporadic comments pretty much rang out as hollow, forced and disingenuous.

Like Sadaist said, "better people" need to front that party. Then, perhaps we'd have a ball game.

ELVIS
04-12-2013, 08:13 AM
The "better people" have abandoned both parties, but the mainstream media will never tell you that...

Just look at the voter turnout last election...

sadaist
04-12-2013, 11:50 AM

Post of the month right there. I know it's early yet, but I don't see this one getting topped.

DLR Bridge
04-12-2013, 12:19 PM
On a slightly different note, I'm embarrassed for Rock. His name should be Kid Bad White Boy Rap.

binnie
04-12-2013, 12:49 PM
I wonder what his little rapping midget think about all of this?

DLR Bridge
04-12-2013, 01:02 PM
Uhh... I think he shuffled off this mortal coil some time ago.

BITEYOASS
04-12-2013, 01:18 PM

The great Joe C passed away back in 2000.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PAMQcAVdKY

DLR Bridge
04-12-2013, 01:40 PM

I'm not sure Miles Finch would take too kindly to that remark.

private parts
04-12-2013, 01:47 PM
The great Joe C passed away back in 2000.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PAMQcAVdKY

"They call me Joe C.!

J. O. E. to the C.

Three foot nine with a 10 foot DICK!"

Zing!
04-12-2013, 05:37 PM
Because he...and many of us still are Republican. It isn't us or our ideology that changed. It's the fucked up crooked politicians that call themselves Republican that need to change. Not us. We just need to find better people to elect.

Political parties are for sucks. I don't consider myself anything at this point other than American (and even that has its moments).

DLR Bridge
04-12-2013, 07:20 PM
Political parties are for sucks. I don't consider myself anything at this point other than American (and even that has its moments).

Same here. My values lean left, but I'm as conservative as fuck with my $ these days. The kids need new bikes dammit.

jhale667
04-12-2013, 07:27 PM
Same here. My values lean left, but I'm as conservative as fuck with my $ these days. The kids need new bikes dammit.

I've always considered myself a social liberal and a fiscal conservative, and I don't even have kids as an excuse... :biggrin:

Not so fiscally conservative I want to see kids going hungry, education budgets slashed, etc., but I've always believed everyone that can earn their way should...

DLR Bridge
04-12-2013, 08:00 PM
...but I've always believed everyone that can earn their way should...

Here here! Takers piss me off.

Satan
04-12-2013, 08:56 PM
http://upload.democraticunderground.com/imgs/2013/130412-kid-rock-embarrassed-republican.jpg