Fuckin AWESOME! :thumb:

jhale667
04-12-2013, 10:09 PM
Oh, VERY COOL... WANT!! :baaa:

:guitar:

Matt White
04-12-2013, 11:28 PM
LMAO

I'd get it...if I didn't have the MXR EVH Flanger!!!

PAUL is so farking awesome!

GRATE pedal!

jhale667
04-13-2013, 02:32 AM
Technically I have a model of the MXR Flanger in my Line6 MM4... this fact did nothing to stop my G.A.S. for this baby because of the dual settings. Sure technically I could save two Flange presets, but at the expense of one of my others... more options is cool...yeah, that's the ticket... :bigwink:

ELVIS
04-13-2013, 07:02 AM
That Line6 flanger sounds nothing like a real analog flanger...

I have an old ADA flanger that sounds almost exactly like the new pedal except for the crazy mode...

I think digital modeling effects and Amp simulations still sound like crap...

They sound nice in headphones, but in real applications they sound transparent and buzzy and it's difficult to thicken it up without getting muddy...

ELVIS
04-13-2013, 07:12 AM
Cool Clip to learn a few licks from...

:elvis:

Matt White
04-13-2013, 08:35 AM
I'm with J..............both of you actually

The dual feature on that new pedal is BRILLIANT....being able to switch on the fly between the 2 settings is so damn usuable

And yeah KING your right...digital doesn't hold up when A/B against the real thing....its the convenience of not having to drag a million pedals with you onstage....or at least being able to limit what you have.....having seen J's pedal board we're doing the same thing.....certain effects I have on the floor....certain things I use the built in effects from my LINE 6 Spider III amp......

does the echo from the amp sound as full and natural as my roland echo pedal? Nope.....but, it still sounds good....and I use certain ones, actually the best to my ear, and use pedals for the rest.........

the thing I like about EHX pedals is the presets....so cool to have a bunch of options on the fly

ELVIS
04-13-2013, 09:38 AM
I don't use any pedals...

I hate 'em...

They do neat things but I don't like to be bothered with them...

I trying to do everything on the guitar alone and concentrate on vocals...

vandeleur
04-13-2013, 09:58 AM
When I was gigging I did the Hokey Cokey with pedals , over time tried all or none .
I was using the spider III it's got some good settings .
In the end the only proper pedal I used was my boss tuner .... Which was always a great indestructible bit of kit.

ELVIS
04-13-2013, 10:10 AM
I use the built in effects from my LINE 6 Spider III amp......

I saw an awesome cover band in New Orleans recently where both guitarists had Line 6 amps and had every tone, solo and effect down for every song and that was pretty cool...

I could tell it was digital, but they had a great mix and it didn't matter...

They knew what they were doing...

Diamondjimi
04-13-2013, 03:10 PM
A big influence on me (effects wise) growing up was Alex Lifeson and Pat Travers.

Check out the vintage flanging going on here. Pat Thrall is absolutely killer (@ 2:25) on this track..

jhale667
04-13-2013, 03:54 PM
That Line6 flanger sounds nothing like a real analog flanger...

If you run it in the effects loops it doesn't sound bad at all. And drunks in a bar can't tell... :bigwink: I went through a no fx period in the 90s, but as I started doing more cover gigs I wanted the versatility again...

PETE'S BROTHER
04-13-2013, 04:10 PM
If you run it in the effects loops it doesn't sound bad at all. And drunks in a bar can't tell... :bigwink: I went through a no fx period in the 90s, but as I started doing more cover gigs I wanted the versatility again...

i resemble that remark

twonabomber
04-13-2013, 05:04 PM
I dig those Ibanez Fireman/Paul Gilbert models.